Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,416 members, 7,954,654 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:03 AM

Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? (32302 Views)

Constructing A Business Complex Or Plaza In New Haven, Enugu By Engr Dubem / Can 30 Million Build 6 Bedroom Duplex. / Will 5 Million Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by Jomandi13(m): 11:02am On Jun 06, 2020
stanisbaratheon:

Okay, you got my attention.

Do you need both BOQ & BEME before you begin your project?? If no is your answer, which between BOQ & BEME do you need if you're to embark on a building project??

Lastly, what is the difference between BOQ & BEME??

PLEASE EDUCATE ME.
In response to your questions.If I need to undertake a building project,I consult a QS to prepare me BOQ to ascertain the cost.
However,to your second question .
Although, BOQ and BEME tends to serve the same purpose and are prepared in the same manner or format; but BOQ is used basically for building works, while BEME is used for civil engineering works such as Roads and drainages, retaining walls, piling, underpinning, bridges and culverts, railway works, dams etc
I hope with this explanation,you are convinced .
Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by stanisbaratheon: 1:24pm On Jun 06, 2020
Jomandi13:

In response to your questions.If I need to undertake a building project,I consult a QS to prepare me BOQ to ascertain the cost.
However,to your second question .
Although, BOQ and BEME tends to serve the same purpose and are prepared in the same manner or format; but BOQ is used basically for building works, while BEME is used for civil engineering works such as Roads and drainages, retaining walls, piling, underpinning, bridges and culverts, railway works, dams etc
I hope with this explanation,you are convinced .

grin grin You're a very funny guy. So building is not Civil Engineering work??

So if the OP wants to build his house he should take the structural shop drawings and give to a surveyor to do a BOQ for him as opposed to BEME?? Is that so??

The emboldened is contrary to what you said initially.

Of course I know there is a little difference between BEME & BOQ but that is not my argument in this thread. I gave you the chance to tell me the difference but instead of educating me, you shifted your goal post, and ended up contradicting your earlier quote.

Finally, what the OP needs is the Engineering measurement of cost of constructing his structure and not an estimate by a quantity surveyor.

At this point, I'd prefer a face to face argument with you not nairaland argument.

Cheers.
Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by Jomandi13(m): 6:15pm On Jun 10, 2020
stanisbaratheon:

grin grin You're a very funny guy. So building is not Civil Engineering work??

So if the OP wants to build his house he should take the structural shop drawings and give to a surveyor to do a BOQ for him as opposed to BEME?? Is that so??

The emboldened is contrary to what you said initially.

Of course I know there is a little difference between BEME & BOQ but that is not my argument in this thread. I gave you the chance to tell me the difference but instead of educating me, you shifted your goal post, and ended up contradicting your earlier quote.

Finally, what the OP needs is the Engineering measurement of cost of constructing his structure and not an estimate by a quantity surveyor.

At this point, I'd prefer a face to face argument with you not nairaland argument.

Cheers.
Now you are the one amusing me .The emboldened are the same,why shifting the goal post.However,you accuse me of shifting the goal post but in reality I am only scoring the exact goal as expected to elucidate you.Least I forget in a big construction site why do firms have a civil engineer and a qs?Pls reflects on my question and get back to me.Finally I laugh in Swahili when you asked if building is not part of civil engineering.I make bold to say building is specially set apart from civil engineering.Another question to throw at you to reflect why do we have department of building in the universities and polytechnics .Also can you tell me why have COBON and COREN?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Making Of The "Beautiful 6 Bedroom Duplex In Enugu" / Unbelievable..greenland Estate, Sangotedo For #6million (pics attached) / 5-storey Building Collapses In Apapa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.