Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,372 members, 7,836,504 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) (5265 Views)

Two Ladies Fighting Publicly, Exchange Blows As Crowd Cheers Them (Photos) / Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them / Berom People Of Plateau Kill Fulani Cows, Machete Many Of Them (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by TMKsouth: 11:52am On May 05, 2020
A handful of protesters have been arrested in Cape Town after staging a peaceful demonstration about their right to ocean sports during the coronavirus lockdown.

Surfers and sea lovers are demanding that the government lets them back in the water. They say the government has not given any compelling reason why ocean sports cannot resume under relaxed lockdown conditions.

Several protesters were arrested after police warned that they had to keep moving during the imposed 3-hour daily exercise period.

Those who did not move were arrested. One protester fled the scene on his bicycle and a police chase ensued. He decided to cycle off despite the police insisting that he was under arrest.

VIDEO (police chase cyclist)
https://twitter.com/TeamNews24/status/1257565500994990081?s=20

Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by TMKsouth: 11:54am On May 05, 2020
MORE

Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by manuel4real(m): 11:57am On May 05, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by dawnomike(m): 12:24pm On May 05, 2020
The human nature hates been tamed like an animal... Everyone is tured of the lockdown.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by IronGalaxy: 1:20pm On May 05, 2020
He he, The Cape always tries to be different hey
Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by TMKsouth: 1:24pm On May 05, 2020
IronGalaxy:
He he, The Cape always tries to be different hey

It's not sinking in that they are the Wuhan of Africa. Half of all our cases are there dude and yet people wanna go surf. Republic of Cape Town indeed.
Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by Minxie(f): 1:30pm On May 05, 2020
it's things like these that make my blood pressure go sky high ! I don't understand these people angry Jarre don't we have enough problems? But nooooooooooo, clearly surfing is the most important. I don't think these people care about the lockdown. they have extra funds, this lockdown is like a vacay to them. Hulle worry ni
Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by IronGalaxy: 1:34pm On May 05, 2020
TMKsouth:

It's not sinking in that they are the Wuhan of Africa. Half of all our cases are there dude and yet people wanna go surf. Republic of Cape Town indeed.
Capetonians in general have this superiority complex I just can't put my finger on, they think they're different to the rest of the country
Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by TMKsouth: 1:37pm On May 05, 2020
Minxie:
it's things like these that make my blood pressure go sky high ! I don't understand these people angry Jarre don't we have enough problems? But nooooooooooo, clearly surfing is the most important. I don't think these people care about the lockdown. they have extra funds, this lockdown is like a vacay to them. Hulle worry ni

Their extra cash should be reason enough to stay home. Big yards and ability to buy gadgets and stuff. Why the lawlessness?
Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by Minxie(f): 1:39pm On May 05, 2020
IronGalaxy:
Capetonians in general have this superiority complex I just can't put my finger on, they think they're different to the rest of the country

I'm from the Western Cape. You are right. The people here are different. Neuk altyd links wanner di res vani land regs gan. I can't deal. They make me so tired even. You should see the way they drink and party like nothing is wrong. Even here in my town people are so chilled meanwhile there have been cases in neighbouring towns. I can say in terms of the kallits that they just don't take anything serious. The other races I don't know. I just know that government needs to intervene here

1 Like

Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by Minxie(f): 1:41pm On May 05, 2020
TMKsouth:

Their extra cash should be reason enough to stay home. Big yards and ability to buy gadgets and stuff. Why the lawlessness?

Because they can. They generally don't care about the poor. They don't care how many people they can infect if they have the virus. As long as they are sorted out in their beach-side houses. Niggie en neefie staying in Mitchell's plain or langa must ma deal and find a way.
Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by TMKsouth: 1:44pm On May 05, 2020
IronGalaxy:

European priorities - that's what it is. They wanna travel, jog, surf, walk the dogs, etc. And yet they are the only ones fighting the alcohol and cigarettes ban (even approaching the courts). grin So much for their reputation of a healthy outdoor lifestyle.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by Minxie(f): 1:48pm On May 05, 2020
Also, the cases here in the boland have also gone up because people are working on the farms. It's citrus season so now labourers from all over are coming. Ceres now even has a special area for covid19 cases. And nobody is doing anything about it because the agriculture sector will lose millions if the fruit doesn't get harvested. Dilemma for days.
Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by TMKsouth: 1:53pm On May 05, 2020
Minxie:

Because they can. They generally don't care about the poor. They don't care how many people they can infect if they have the virus. As long as they are sorted out in their beach-side houses. Niggie en neefie staying in Mitchell's plain or langa must ma deal and find a way.

Ja, the inequality in the Cape is legendary. If it was up to premier Winde I'm sho they would surf. I'm glad the cops sorted these ones out - they follow instructions from Pretoria.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by TMKsouth: 1:56pm On May 05, 2020
Minxie:
Also, the cases here in the boland have also gone up because people are working on the farms. It's citrus season so now labourers from all over are coming. Ceres now even has a special area for covid19 cases. And nobody is doing anything about it because the agriculture sector will lose millions if the fruit doesn't get harvested. Dilemma for days.

They should put up strict rules like in the mining sector. But farms have gone unmonitored for decades so I doubt the skill is there to ensure compliance.
Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by Minxie(f): 2:05pm On May 05, 2020
TMKsouth:

They should put up strict rules like in the mining sector. But farms have gone unmonitored for decades so I doubt the skill is there to ensure compliance.

The way they've been exploiting farm workers here... I doubt that they will start monitoring covid19 when they don't even monitor minimum wage and living conditions on farms. At this point, im just confined to my house. I take a 40 minute walk every day around my house and I'm as pale as a zombie. But I'm sticking to social distancing chomi. It sucks but I'm doing it.
Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by TMKsouth: 2:15pm On May 05, 2020
Minxie:

The way they've been exploiting farm workers here... I doubt that they will start monitoring covid19 when they don't even monitor minimum wage and living conditions on farms. At this point, im just confined to my house. I take a 40 minute walk every day around my house and I'm as pale as a zombie. But I'm sticking to social distancing chomi. It sucks but I'm doing it.

grin grin Great that you've gained some complexion. Let's all follow the rules, that way normality will return sooner.
Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by Neef2018: 2:32pm On May 05, 2020
South Africa is not an African country. Its a white man's colony owned by them, with a black figurehead.
the real south africans are in the ghetto wondering what they will eat

1 Like

Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by 24SEVEN: 3:59pm On May 05, 2020
I want to personally clap for all the South Africans on this thread. Do you people realize this is a Nigerian forum??
Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by Lionessza6(f): 5:02pm On May 05, 2020
LMFAO,I'm surprised they have not blamed Zuma for this virus* grin. Oh wait,they are now rebelling because of yet another Zuma grin & the Garreth's of this world are even threatening civil war because Dr Dlamini-Zuma announced (on behalf of the NCCC) that cigarettes must not be sold. Damn!!grin.& no the skunks looking for attention should not be called captonians( we all know who they are) wink,they are Europeans currently known as white SAns cheesy. The rest of the people in Cape town are being policed by soldiers & armed police( the Joys of having a coon as a president ).

And there was no great white cops carrying their bags today? grin. I'm as shocked as Ramaphosa grin.
Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by ItooWorWor(m): 8:37pm On May 05, 2020
Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by TMKsouth: 8:59pm On May 05, 2020
24SEVEN:
I want to personally clap for all the South Africans on this thread. Do you people realize this is a Nigerian forum??

Yes we are.
Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by TMKsouth: 9:02pm On May 05, 2020
Lionessza6:

And there was no great white cops carrying their bags today? grin. I'm as shocked as Ramaphosa grin.

No, today's cop heroes are black. You the only one who's following. Post more black cops doing great things when u come across them. No one's stopping u.
Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by 24SEVEN: 9:04pm On May 05, 2020
TMKsouth:

Yes we are.

ok den. From what I gathered in your thread, seems like White South Africans live above the law in your country. Well, it is expected, they own it. grin grin

1 Like

Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by TMKsouth: 9:12pm On May 05, 2020
24SEVEN:

ok den. From what I gathered in your thread, seems like White South Africans live above the law in your country. Well, it is expected, they own it. grin grin

People who live above the law don't get handcuffed and arrested by blacks - did u miss that part?

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by toscolee(m): 11:51pm On May 05, 2020
I have a friend from cape Town, she also complained about the people there not obeying the lockdown.
Are people from cape Town special in your country?
Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by TMKsouth: 12:04am On May 06, 2020
toscolee:
I have a friend from cape Town, she also complained about the people there not obeying the lockdown.
Are people from cape Town special in your country?

Not really, we all get along.

The difference is just that the Cape lifestyle is all about the outdoors - the mountain/beaches/winelands. So they are feeling more cooped up at the moment.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by johnkey: 4:14am On May 06, 2020
Minxie:
molo mhle
Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by Minxie(f): 5:49am On May 06, 2020
TMKsouth:

Not really, we all get along.

The difference is just that the Cape lifestyle is all about the outdoors - the mountain/beaches/winelands. So they are feeling more cooped up at the moment.

That is true. We spend our days outside. It's hard not to go hiking and it's hard ignoring the beach... but oh well. Don't even get me started on missing the wine! Weekend wine tasting bye bye! What's even harder is not being able to go to someone's house for a cup of tea and gossip grin Lol the aunties here are suffering

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by AudioNews(m): 1:07pm On May 06, 2020
Organized country, very clean nd Neat, Exactly lik Europeans,
Unlike de useless country called Nigeria we ar living in,

Ewedu nd Amala hav destroyed dis country by voting a Cabel,
Wickedness

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by gambia(m): 1:47pm On May 06, 2020
Human beings are difficult to manage.
Re: South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) by joudini(m): 3:00pm On May 06, 2020
I have a question on Cape town which stems from me reading a book many years ago from a South African author, Peter Abraham. The book is called "Mine Boy".

Are/were the majority of residents of Cape town before the 90s non-black? I understand how this may be a sensitive question but I have to ask because it was demonstrated in that book how discrimination existed even between the coloured and blacks.

Does this have a role to play in their supposed uppity compared to, say, Limpopo?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bizarre|| Man R@pes Two Witches He Caught In His Backyard For 3 Hour’s / Ogun Woman, Teenager Rob Trader With Toy Guns / Very Graphic Photo: Severed Parts Of A Young Lady Dump In A Gutter In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.