Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Should Nigeria Stay United? Do We Need A Unity Referendum Like Sudan? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Nigeria Stay United? Do We Need A Unity Referendum Like Sudan? (1765 Views)

USA Politician Supports Biafra Referendum / Should Nigeria Be Divided Into North And South Separate Countries Like Sudan? / The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Nigeria Stay United? Do We Need A Unity Referendum Like Sudan? by Nobody: 2:32am On Jan 13, 2011
justdtruth:

If there is any group in Nigeria doing well at what they do, i will say it is the politicians. They have been able to manipulate our minds well and also take control of it. Think about this. In all other areas of our life as a nation, when do we shout its the north, its the south? whenever the issue is political.
Look at how we live our lives as Nigerians. we interact and go about our daily activities without any issues. Y
ou will find Nigerians moving and staying in different part of the country. If there had not been peace or safety in these places and if the people there had been hostile, would any body have moved there? The answer is no. so the question is what changed.
I wonder why someone can hate a northerner so much and still put the safety of his life and that of his family in his hands by making him his security guard. How come we are all friends and business partners in Lagos but marginalisation chorus is what you here at Abuja. a Nigerian team wins gold medal and we all celebrate. i can imagine how much the northerners must have hated Okocha and Kanu.,however, make anything political and we are at each others throat. hungry, poor, suffering Nigerians. The politicians are our problem. and we have equally made ourselves tools in their hands.

Listen to Nigerians in any part of the country. the lamentation is the same, nothing works. but what have we been conditioned to always do? blame others for our woes.

We know that the bane of our development is corruption, does that have a northern or southern identity? if indeed we want such referendum, are the terms going to be negotiated by these criminals we call leaders?     

what we need is to start a change, a change in the way we see ourselves. a change in the perspective, a change in our leadership, a change in believe that Nigeria can not work, No! Nigeria can work.

start from your micro community, participate, be a part of the movement for change. join a political party. we must play our role

Gosh!!!
Isn't this fella simply wonderful. what a breath of fresh air.
In a space easily defined by crass tribalism & inductive bigotry (champion by overwhelming hordes of simpletons with amoeba-like reasoning!), you shone like a zillion stars.

Kudos! you demonstrated objectivity, solution oriented thinking devoid of recriminatn. you show restraint & self mastery. your leadership quality is characterised by your refusal to be part of the pack, the groupthink crowd.

You inspire me!. If you ever find intellectuals & original thinkers paying heed to your point of view; It's in you bro. You're simply the best. Cheers
Re: Should Nigeria Stay United? Do We Need A Unity Referendum Like Sudan? by Zuha(f): 5:13am On Jan 13, 2011
Jon.Bee,
I seem to agree with you but how many Nigerians are capable of non-tribalistic and result oriented thinking like this?
Re: Should Nigeria Stay United? Do We Need A Unity Referendum Like Sudan? by justdtruth: 2:24pm On Jan 13, 2011
quite a lot my dear,

if there can be me, then there are others and a lot others even on this forum. the question realy is are you one of us? if the answer is yes, lovely. you have a responsibility though, preach the message
if you are not, which i dont expect, please join us.
Re: Should Nigeria Stay United? Do We Need A Unity Referendum Like Sudan? by Dede1(m): 5:24pm On Jan 13, 2011
alj-harem:

my igbo brothers you have started again oooo

just talk about the issue and not about igbo and niger delta

please biko cheesy

I do not engage in a process that has a wrong primes. The attitude you displayed in this post with regard to previous posts is the major problem of Nigeria. We must try to get our priorities corrected from the beginning. I repeat Niger Delta is an oddity in the thread.

Original poster stated with ethnic groups or tribes and even included the “minority tribes” as the sequence remained educative but suddenly introduced Niger Delta which is neither an ethnic group nor a state but useless political lexicon found in hopeless Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pdp Primaries: Nnamani, Ayogu Eze Out Of Contest For Senatorial Tickets ! / Oil Minister In N2.2b Bribery Scandal / From The Wasted Generation To The RE-TA-RDED Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.