Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,712 members, 7,824,021 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! (13865 Views)

I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah / This Is The Richest City In The World, According To A New Report. / Nigeria Ranked 3rd Richest Country In Africa, Lagos 4th Richest City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by Lawly: 6:40pm On May 06, 2020
tamdun:
When they ask u to mention 10 Igbo billionaire now
Yoruba people don't make mouth, did u know how much seyi Makinde declared?
Exactly, over 50 billion naira and nobody knew the man was that rich, we have a lot like him but we no dey beat chest like u people

Eiyaaa! for ya full state na only Sey Makinde you know. kpele.
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by Lawly: 6:44pm On May 06, 2020
Openbusiness:
Op be deceiving yourself there and consoling yourself with lies. I no blame you, na who never go space dey talk say Earth na the only world. See let me tell you, the number of billionaires in Bourdillon alone, I won't even say the whole of Ikoyi, or the number of billionaires in Banana Island alone pass the number of billionaires in the entire SE combined. Silent billionaires, billionaires in DOLLARS, not all these chicken change billionaires wey dey count their billions in naira. The real billionaires in Nigeria, na Ikoyi dem dey. That small town called Ikoyi is the freaking richest town in the whole of Africa. No place for this African continent get rich people like Ikoyi. Ikoyi billionaires wey dey import international oloshos like say na pure water, dey pay olosho $2m for 5 days all expense paid trip. Guy forget, u neva jam billionaires until you enter Ikoyi. Is it not same Ikoyi that EFCC found over $43 million (USD) RAW CASH? grin

oga this thing simple. op supplied his source. where your own source to ya unfounded and misinformed claims. there re more crazier richer people in Abuja than that ya ikoyi or plantain island.
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by yuswrld20(m): 7:13pm On May 06, 2020
franchasng:
You don't have sense, sorry to say that.

Most of you are teenage boys and girls without knowledge angry

Whenever you hear billionaire you think it starts and ends with Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga and the ones u know.

Go ask Forbes Magazine to name them for you.

I am not from Nnewi, but I must agree with Forbes that Nnewi is the richest community in Nigeria that have the highest number of millionaires and billionaires, go and find out.

They didn't say the community that has the richest person in Nigeria which Dangote's community in Kano will be the answer, they said richest community with more number of rich people.

Travel out of your place, stop living the normal life of your fathers and grandfathers who lived and died in their hometown and maybe a visit to Lagos and London and that's all. Learn to travel.

Before I turned 27yrs, I have visited 10 states in Nigeria and 3 countries in Africa, and by the time I was 30, I have visited 4 countries in Africa, 2 in Asia, 1 in Middle east and 2 in Europe, and 28 states in Nigeria; including all states in southwest, all states in southeast, all states in southsouth and few states in the north. That is the lifestyle of an average Igbo man for you and reason we know much more than those with PhD that refused to travel out of their state.

Mind you, I didn't travel to most of the Nigerian states to live and work or do business, I went out of curiosity to know more. I know Yoruba communities more than most Yorubas, so when I talk about Yoruba land, most Yoruba youths cannot challenge me because a traveler is wiser than a grey hair person.

You Yorubas need to learn to travel stop being cowards scared of dying if you visit other regions, of course that is what will make you brave and famous.

If not that Fulanis refused to modernise and accept modern lifestyle, they are the number one tribe that travel so far and wide and know every nook and cranny of all regions of Nigeria and reason they are fearless and brave.

Learn to travel and stop staying in your comfort zone in Ikirun, Ilesa, Ijebu or Lagos and be asking stupid questions angry
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by Omar09(m): 7:23pm On May 06, 2020
duncun:

Why don't you direct your questions to Forbes for clarification. OP only quoted them undecided

Does this people know that Forbes was talking about richest people with its indigenes being billionaires and millionaires or are they just jealous?

1 Like

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by duncun: 7:42pm On May 06, 2020
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by duncun: 7:45pm On May 06, 2020
?

1 Like

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by micfoley: 8:11pm On May 06, 2020
Nnewi is actually a wonderul place and home to several billionaires including Ifeanyi Ubah, CC Onoh, Ojukwu, Cosmos Maduka the owner of coscharis among others. I remember going there back in 1999 and seeing the beautiful palatial mansions built by all these prominent people. However all the roads and l meal ALL were in deplorable condition. l just hope those roads have been fixed cos it does not make any sense building such mansios in a place with such horrible roads
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by Abagworo(m): 9:04pm On May 06, 2020
Openbusiness:
Op be deceiving yourself there and consoling yourself with lies. I no blame you, na who never go space dey talk say Earth na the only world. See let me tell you, the number of billionaires in Bourdillon alone, I won't even say the whole of Ikoyi, or the number of billionaires in Banana Island alone pass the number of billionaires in the entire SE combined. Silent billionaires, billionaires in DOLLARS, not all these chicken change billionaires wey dey count their billions in naira. The real billionaires in Nigeria, na Ikoyi dem dey. That small town called Ikoyi is the freaking richest town in the whole of Africa. No place for this African continent get rich people like Ikoyi. Ikoyi billionaires wey dey import international oloshos like say na pure water, dey pay olosho $2m for 5 days all expense paid trip. Guy forget, u neva jam billionaires until you enter Ikoyi. Is it not same Ikoyi that EFCC found over $43 million (USD) RAW CASH? grin

Forbes is talking about town of origin not your active business headquarters or residence. Sir Louis Ojukwu was not based in Nnewi but the issue here is that based on our culture of seeing people as citizens of their ancestral town then Nnewi is unarguably the single town with highest number of people worth more than 3 million US Dollars. Abiriba another Igbo town in Abia State is a close match even though it's a smaller town in population.
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by princemillla(m): 9:15pm On May 06, 2020
Openbusiness:

Bros u no lie I entered southern sun hotel to eat rice n stew I was told the lowest food I can get was 9k. Omo I pick race
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by Solsix(m): 9:28pm On May 06, 2020
franchasng:
Another senseless Lagos boy spotted.

Ikoyi is mostly made up of 90 - 99% non indigenes of Lagos. It was an empty Island, most part of it was waterlogged and bought and rebuilt by rich folks who are mostly not from Lagos state.

You young people of today should try and learn, stop being educated illiterates.

You don't know Ikoyi more than Forbes magazine.

Of course several millionaires and billionaires from the same Nnewi town live in Ikoyi, but they are talking of indigenes.

If you want to count Ikoyi, then also count Maitama, Asokoro, etc.....

Learn and stop arguing blindly!! angry
D
Good job, i wanted to reply him but its not my duty. He should know how to justify his school fees
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by obataokenwa(m): 11:32pm On May 06, 2020
tamdun:
When they ask u to mention 10 Igbo billionaire now
Yoruba people don't make mouth, did u know how much seyi Makinde declared?
Exactly, over 50 billion naira and nobody knew the man was that rich, we have a lot like him but we no dey beat chest like u people
You want to talk of Seyi Makinde...just browse how much is boieng 737...one Igbo man own it 7 and will be adding 13 brand new after this pandemic..pls learn to celebrate people no matter what. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by NotGej: 1:38am On May 07, 2020
franchasng:
Which Community Has The Highest Number of Individual Billionaires in Nigeria & Africa

NOTE: the answer is based on the total number of indigenous billionaires from a single town in Nigeria.

Imagine being so rich that you're the first to own a Rolls-Royce in the whole country.

In fact, when the queen visited in 1956, it was your Rolls-Royce she was chauffeured around with.

This man was ‘Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu', the first black billionaire, founding president of the Nigerian Stock Exchange and, was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II. The royal honor came after he helped the British during World War II with his fleet of trucks.

Profiled in September 1965 by TIME magazine, Ojukwu made his money by importing dried fish for resale, and diversifying into textiles, cement and transport. When he died a year later, his wealth was an estimated $4 billion in today’s economic value.

His son, Chukwuemeka, who also ended up a billionaire, returned from Oxford University at 22 with a master’s degree in history and led his fellow Igbos into the Nigerian civil war as head of the secessionist state of Biafra in 1967.

Their hometown Nnewi, in the southeastern state of Anambra, either by good fortune or hard work, has bred more naira billionaires than any other town in Nigeria, and possibly Africa.

Source: (Forbes, The Small Town Of The Super Rich)

https://www.forbesafrica.com/wealth/2017/08/07/small-town-super-rich/

Stop this nonsense and senseless bragging it leads you no where. That city is still a slum, whether you like it or not.
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by NGpatriot: 1:52am On May 07, 2020
franchasng:
You maybe right that they are stingy.....no wonder they remain the community with the highest number of rich millionaires & billionaires in Africa.......for further argument, please contact Forbes Magazine grin

Author, Eromo Egbejule

Just tales and assumptions concocted by another sapele yellow journalist.

1 Like

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by PropertyBuying(f): 6:26am On May 07, 2020
anungangampu:

Nnewi need road.. The last road build there inside street was done by Etiaba
Lol grin
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by manjulaagarwal1(f): 6:25pm On Jun 30, 2020
Is this real story so I can feature his story and write it here: https://techinshorts.com
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 29, 2020
StrikeBack:
We need the names of these billionaires

Else this post is thrash

Mmmmmm
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 29, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 29, 2020
[s]
franchasng:

Whenever you hear billionaire you think it starts and ends with Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga and the ones u know.

I am not from Nnewi, but I must agree with Forbes that Nnewi is the richest community in Nigeria that have the highest number of millionaires and billionaires, go and find out.

They didn't say the community that has the richest person in Nigeria which Dangote's community in Kano will be the answer, they said richest community with more number of rich people.

Travel out of your place, stop living the normal life of your fathers and grandfathers who lived and died in their hometown and maybe a visit to Lagos and London and that's all. Learn to travel.

Before I turned 27yrs, I have visited 10 states in Nigeria and 3 countries in Africa, and by the time I was 30, I have visited 4 countries in Africa, 2 in Asia, 1 in Middle east and 2 in Europe, and 28 states in Nigeria; including all states in southwest, all states in southeast, all states in southsouth and few states in the north. That is the lifestyle of an average Igbo man for you and reason we know much more than those with PhD that refused to travel out of their state.

Mind you, I didn't travel to most of the Nigerian states to live and work or do business, I went out of curiosity to know more. I know Yoruba communities more than most Yorubas, so when I talk about Yoruba land, most Yoruba youths cannot challenge me because a traveler is wiser than a grey hair person.

You Yorubas need to learn to travel stop being cowards scared of dying if you visit other regions, of course that is what will make you brave and famous.

If not that Fulanis refused to modernise and accept modern lifestyle, they are the number one tribe that travel so far and wide and know every nook and cranny of all regions of Nigeria and reason they are fearless and brave.

Learn to travel and stop staying in your comfort zone in Ikirun, Ilesa, Ijebu or Lagos and be asking stupid questions angry
[/s]

So I took your advice and asked Forbes for a list of top 20 African billionaires and Forbes told me they don't know you. undecided

https://www.cnbcafrica.com/special-report/2020/02/21/the-forbes-billionaires-list-africas-billionaires-2020/

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by Fourteen144: 10:49am On Jul 29, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
[/s]
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by vaniagarwal1955(f): 5:22am On Sep 28, 2020
Finally got some really intresting thread today where got all info and this seems to be real story.
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by oyatz(m): 7:03am On Sep 28, 2020
franchasng:

Why abusing the guy sir?

All this epistle for just a single line question; name those billionaires.
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by oyatz(m): 7:07am On Sep 28, 2020
franchasng:
Another senseless Lagos boy spotted.

Ikoyi is mostly made up of 90 - 99% non indigenes of Lagos. It was an empty Island, most part of it was waterlogged and bought and rebuilt by rich folks who are mostly not from Lagos state.

You young people of today should try and learn, stop being educated illiterates.

You don't know Ikoyi more than Forbes magazine.

Of course several millionaires and billionaires from the same Nnewi town live in Ikoyi, but they are talking of indigenes.

If you want to count Ikoyi, then also count Maitama, Asokoro, etc.....

Learn and stop arguing blindly!! angry

Guy, stop spreading fake news.

The real Forbes Magazine NEVER published such junk.

I challenge you to post the page (with dates) in the REAL Forbes Magazine and not some Blogs imitating Forbes.

1 Like

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by kiranagarwal195: 8:10am On Jan 30, 2021
OMG! This is an amazing post and Thank you for giving the knowledge on South Africa and I have to feature this on my blog levitator because this info is really important.
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by forgiveness: 8:43am On Jan 30, 2021
franchasng:
Which Community Has The Highest Number of Individual Billionaires in Nigeria & Africa

NOTE: the answer is based on the total number of indigenous billionaires from a single town in Nigeria.

Imagine being so rich that you're the first to own a Rolls-Royce in the whole country.

In fact, when the queen visited in 1956, it was your Rolls-Royce she was chauffeured around with.

This man was ‘Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu', the first black billionaire, founding president of the Nigerian Stock Exchange and, was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II. The royal honor came after he helped the British during World War II with his fleet of trucks.

Profiled in September 1965 by TIME magazine, Ojukwu made his money by importing dried fish for resale, and diversifying into textiles, cement and transport. When he died a year later, his wealth was an estimated $4 billion in today’s economic value.

His son, Chukwuemeka, who also ended up a billionaire, returned from Oxford University at 22 with a master’s degree in history and led his fellow Igbos into the Nigerian civil war as head of the secessionist state of Biafra in 1967.

Their hometown Nnewi, in the southeastern state of Anambra, either by good fortune or hard work, has bred more naira billionaires than any other town in Nigeria, and possibly Africa.

Ojukwu was never the first black billionaire. Stop deceiving yourself.
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 30, 2021
junketer:
Afonjas are about to land......just watch and see.
cheesy grin grin
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by aribisala0(m): 3:33pm On Jan 30, 2021
When I opened the thread I was prepared to be shocked if it was not another chest beating thread by those inferiority complex victims

I am not shocked.

If they are not claiming richest it is wisest or yellowest or flattest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by SW1st: 3:36pm On Jan 30, 2021
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by Factshunter: 3:41pm On Jan 30, 2021
aribisala0:
When I opened the thread I was prepared to be shocked if it was another chest beating thread by those inferiority complex victims

I am not shocked.

grin
Source ;

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 30, 2021
aribisala0:
When I opened the thread I was prepared to be shocked if it was another chest beating thread by those inferiority complex victims

I am not shocked.

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by aribisala0(m): 3:45pm On Jan 30, 2021
franchasng:
"Do you know that after a controversial policy left all Igbo's with 20 pounds each, regardless of their bank balance, at the end of the Nigerian civil war in 1970?

They are amongst the richest people in africa presently.

Their high regard for money and the extend they go to grab it disgusts me sometimes but their tenacity in business is admirable.

Nicknamed the Japan of Africa, Nnewi is famous as a hub for automobile spare part dealers, and most recently, Innoson, Nigeria’s first indigenous car assembly plant. The town is also known for its factories that manufacture household goods and is home to the biggest road transport companies in the country.
" - quoting Forbes Magazine journalist

Note, when it comes to the Nigerian city with the highest revenue generated through natural mineral resources or IGR, then the richest cities are:

- Lagos Mainland

- Portharcourt

- Warri

- Kano

- Aba

- Onne

- Uyo

But in this context, Forbes was looking at the community or city that have the highest number of indigenous billionaires in Naira, which makes NNEWI the richest Nigerian community with the highest number of billionaires & millionaires cool

The Twenty pound lie has been totally discredited on this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/4147830/biafra-twenty-pound-lie-busted

If dem born any of una well go dia go do PEEM!!

All ya bulodas wey go dia na FEM !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by aribisala0(m): 3:47pm On Jan 30, 2021
franchasng:

But not as rich as Orji Uzor Kalu whom ya bulodas said was so rich the CBN of Nigeria could not cope and begged him to take his money to the World Bank

After much debate The World Bank Agreed to take half if the IMF would take the other half

Men you guys are richer than God

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by aribisala0(m): 3:51pm On Jan 30, 2021
Printerscanner:
Self praise and chest beating is good. It helps to relieve depression and suppress suicidal thoughts
From the evidence in front of me it does not help any more than getting drunk because eye dey clear for morning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayose: Buhari's Government Now Employer, Defender Of Terrorists, Bandits / Arsonists Burn Down LG Secretariat, Magistrate Court In Anambra / PDP Holds Presidential Rally In Edo Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.