Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal (8920 Views)

Now The Whole World Should Ask Yorubas What Happened? / 2023: Igbos Are Doing To Yorubas What The Fulani Did To Hausas / Adewale Giwa To Gani Adams: Resign If You Can’t Sacrifice Your Life For Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Oladeji245(m): 1:10am On May 07, 2020
Topsic70:

Hahahahaha......nwanne, its not about speaking fluent Yoruba, inugo? grin
There are many igbos born, bread and buttered in Lagos/sw, so u can't use that one on us!

Lolz @ d bolded, I've told u earlier (because I accurately foresaw u'll follow dt route) dt its not a proApc/Tinubu thingy as not all yorubas are APC/protinubu.
Nwanne, an igboman will always talk and reason as an igboman. cheesy
#go_figure
#if_u_know_u_know wink
oloshi sapador trying to use mental gymnastics..when they have no point..
I have less than 50 posts on this forum,a quick perusal will see where I have defended SW where I have to..
but its not about tinubu/apc of course..
hurt didinrin trying to twist things...
enuee lookoo si uunn...
oponu ayerada.
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Topsic70: 1:13am On May 07, 2020
Oladeji245:

I have less than 50 posts on this forum,a quick perusal will see where I have defended SW where I have to..
enuee lookoo si uunn...
oponu ayerada.
Small pikin! grin
It is dt '50 posts' dt's ur undoing.
U never c anything.
Lolz....

1 Like

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Sammy07: 1:13am On May 07, 2020
Dedetwo:

Here are the Yorubas
Gani Fawehinmi
Fela kuti
Soyinka
Abiola
Awolowo
Bode Thomas
Gani fawehinmi
Adekunle fought alongside biafra
Fajuyi died alongside Aguyi ironsi

How would I make sense to a dolt who posted the above list as people who challenged government from Yari.ba land? I guess you have different learning curve from others.

One thing is I'm a bit different, I never Give up cheesy
Until I see your end.

Here was your initial statement

For the sake of idiocy, which government of Nigeria has any living or dead Yari.ba peep ever challenged? By the way, noise and loudmouth are not part of challenge to government.

Now, to test your reasoning or how you think, tho you Igbos never think right, but you can prove me wrong.

Answer yes or No where necessary, did any of this guys went to prison.

Gani Fawehinmi (Yes / No)
Fela kuti (Yes / No)
Soyinka (Yes / No)
Abiola (Yes / No)
Awolowo (Yes / No)
Bode Thomas (Yes / No)
Adekunle fought alongside biafra (Yes / No)
Fajuyi died alongside Aguyi ironsi (Yes / No)

2 Likes

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Nobody: 1:17am On May 07, 2020
NGpatriot:

They are cowards.

And scammers who destroy their people with lies and deceits, then they go crying to their white daddy’s when sh*t hits the fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL4oVgRiFdM

5 Likes

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Sammy07: 1:19am On May 07, 2020
Oladeji245:

enuee lookoo si uunn...
oponu ayerada.

I'll modify

1 Like

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Oladeji245(m): 1:20am On May 07, 2020
Topsic70:
Small pikin! grin It is dt '50 posts' dt's ur undoing. U never c anything. Lolz....
ogbeni koshii kuroo lonaa kon jee reti gboran.. The Egba definition of Apooda
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Dedetwo(m): 1:24am On May 07, 2020
Sammy07:

One thing is I'm a bit different, I never Give up cheesy
Until I see your end.

Here was your initial statement

For the sake of idiocy, which government of Nigeria has any living or dead Yari.ba peep ever challenged? By the way, noise and loudmouth are not part of challenge to government.

Now, to test your reasoning or how you think, tho you Igbos never think right, but you can prove me wrong.

Answer yes or No where necessary, did any of this guys went to prison.

Gani Fawehinmi (Yes / No)
Fela kuti (Yes / No)
Soyinka (Yes / No)
Abiola (Yes / No)
Awolowo (Yes / No)
Bode Thomas (Yes / No)
Adekunle fought alongside biafra (Yes / No)
Fajuyi died alongside Aguyi ironsi (Yes / No)

Gani Fawehinmi ( No) = Was a social worker
Fela kuti ( No) = Chased skirts and smoked weed
Soyinka (N/A)
Abiola (No) = contested election and lost
Awolowo (No) = Formed a tactical committee in AG and imported arms without the knowledge of his top lieutenants
Bode Thomas (No) = Never existed as a person
Adekunle fought alongside biafra (No) Died a miserable death and commanded 3MCDO for Nigeria
Fajuyi died alongside Aguyi ironsi (No) Lt Col Fajuiyi killed in a coup. I guess from you, anybody killed in coup has challenged the government.

What a dumbass logic.
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Sammy07: 1:26am On May 07, 2020
Oladeji245:

apoodaa
mr jefue,dopemu alagbo.

the pension law in lagos for example is not stealing oo..its taking...
oloshi abunu dudu biti wereee
go to bourdilon today if dogs and soldiers will not throw u out..
oponu jatijati defending his oppresors..
dadandindin

Bro,
Actually, I personally I told you I'm a PDP member, or I should put it party less.
I agree that South west isn't a one party vote and we don't vote the same party.
I for example, Voted PDP in Ondo and I voted Buhari in presidential.

I didn't know Akeredolu will deliver this much, but I'm very sure I'm voting for Akeredolu this year.

Tinubu, may have is own failure and corruption part, but let's not forget that we don't actually know what's being played at the top.
I've seen the road map of DAWN (Development Agenda for Western Nigeria), most of us don't know how Lagos - Ogun - Ibadan Railway came about.

It was through negotiation, because I saw everything in the road map, it has been drafted since 2011.
Some projects being awarded to South west, you think it's by merit?
Nope, nah negotiation. Through the governor's and influence of party leader.

My point is, Let's support any of our own that's at the top, you don't know his / her agenda and how some things came about.
Interest of SW is the main thing irrespective of Party.

Then, bro.
I think why most Osun indigenes hate Aregbesola was because he demolished lots of houses, stores and market. Without paying penny to them

You guys should be thankful for the roads, stable light and how he improve education.
Cos there is no way How I don't pass through Osun if I'm going to Ondo.

Ekitis are looking for the type of governor not Fayose or Fayemi..
You guys enjoy better electricity than the rest of SW

Cc: Topsic70, NGPatriot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Sammy07: 1:27am On May 07, 2020
Dedetwo:

Gani Fawehinmi ( No) = Was social worker
Fela kuti ( No) = Chased skirts and smoked weed
Soyinka (N/A)
Abiola (No) = contested election and lost
Awolowo (No) = Formed a tactical committee in AG and imported arms without the knowledge of top lieutenants
Bode Thomas (No) = Never existed as a person
Adekunle fought alongside biafra (No) Died a miserable death and commanded 3MCDO for Nigeria
Fajuyi died alongside Aguyi ironsi (No) Lt Col Fajuiyi killed in a coup. I guess from you, anybody killed in coup has challenged the government.

What a dumbass logic.

Your brain is dead Sir, pls, kindly go back to school.

2 Likes

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Dedetwo(m): 1:29am On May 07, 2020
Sammy07:

Your brain is dead Sir, pls, kindly go back to school.

Have you learnt a thing yet? Anyway, there are stones out in the society.
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Topsic70: 1:30am On May 07, 2020
Oladeji245:

ogbeni koshii kuroo lonaa kon jee reti gboran..
The Egba definition of Apooda
Hiding behind ur fluency changes nothing bruv.
I told u, on ds thread (minus other threads) I busted at least 4 Yoruba imposters. (U can check ds fact) cheesy
And they all forever held their peace as we speak, including d op.

A discerning Yoruba person can easily fish u impostors out just as a knife cuts thru butter.

The op dragged us thru 6 pages of rigorous rigmarole b4 he/she finally succumbed.
Even some Yoruba's were already swayed by her doggedness not until sammy07 and I finally punctured her balloon and put him/her to perpetual silent mode.

Except u have no 'history', dts when u can escape, but just like other impostors on ds/other threads, u are no different!

Una no reach! grin

4 Likes

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by SIRTee15: 1:30am On May 07, 2020
Oladeji245:

apoodaa
mr jefue,dopemu alagbo.

the pension law in lagos for example is not stealing oo..its taking...
oloshi abunu dudu biti wereee
go to bourdilon today if dogs and soldiers will not throw u out..
oponu jatijati defending his oppresors..
dadandindin

Seriously, I can't wait for the moment nigeria will disintegrate.....
Then the fate of each region will be decide by their leaders....
That's when Tinubu and his bullion van messengers/puppets will be exposed as incompetent scammers and fraudsters....
Enriching their pockets at the expense of Yoruba people and it's resources.....
U just can't point to one unique or outstanding achievement of SW politicians in recent decades....
Instead all u see is proliferation of disgusting vices..
I think Yorubaland is ripe for another Agbekoya revolution......
We need to rid ourselves of these filthy men.....
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Sammy07: 1:32am On May 07, 2020
Dedetwo:

Have you learnt a thing yet? Anyway, there are stones out in the society.

You need to go back to school, that's if you ever go to any

1 Like

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Dedetwo(m): 1:34am On May 07, 2020
Sammy07:

You need to go back to school, that's if you ever go to any

Anybody who remotely thought that Adekunle or Abiola or Fajuiyi or Thomas challenged government is a regrettable ninny.
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Dedetwo(m): 1:36am On May 07, 2020
SIRTee15:

Seriously, I can't wait for the moment nigeria will disintegrate.....
Then the fate of each region will be decide by their leaders....
That's when Tinubu and his bullion van messengers/puppets will be exposed as incompetent scammers and fraudsters....
Enriching their pockets at the expense of Yoruba people and it's resources.....
U just can't point to one unique or outstanding achievement of SW politicians in recent decades....
Instead all u see is proliferation of disgusting vices..
I think Yorubaland is ripe for another Agbekoya revolution......
We need to rid ourselves of these filthy men.....

Yari.ba do not give birth to the characters in Agbekoya any longer.
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Sammy07: 1:39am On May 07, 2020
Dedetwo:

Anybody who remotely thought that Adekunle or Abiola or Fajuiyi or Thomas challenged government is a regrettable ninny.

I didn't say they challenge the government.
Bode Thomas speak sense into the British government, why did you think they call him an arrogant man??

Fajuyi died alongside his boss Irosin

Abiola fought the government by declaring himself president (you know that's a treason against the government)

That's why you need to go back to school.

You guys never did anything for us.

None of your leaders went to prison.

Or will you deny that Abiola, Soyinka and co didn't went to prison??

I told you to give me 2 names of your leaders that went to prison

1 Like

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Nobody: 1:41am On May 07, 2020
Dedetwo:

Not too sure about the others but MKO Abiola did. Now Omoyele Sowore is representing the new generation of SW leaders
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Dedetwo(m): 1:51am On May 07, 2020
Sammy07:

I didn't say they challenge the government.
Bode Thomas speak sense into the British government, why did you think they call him an arrogant man??

Fajuyi died alongside his boss Irosin

Abiola fought the government b5 declaring himself president (you know that's a treason against the government)

That's why you need to go back to school.

You guys never did anything for us.

None of your leaders went to prison.

Or will you deny that Abiola, Soyinka and co didn't went to prison??

told you to give me 2 names of your leaders that went to prison

I do not monkey with intellectual midgets such as you. In your first drivel, you wrote who "stood up" against the government. Only God knows what the hell you meant. My leaders do not go to prison when they challenged the government because they make their challenges on the side of the law. Again, making a silly noise does not constitute into standing up against the government.
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by SIRTee15: 1:52am On May 07, 2020
Dedetwo:

Yari.ba do not give birth to the characters in Agbekoya any longer.

If u notice...
I didn't get involve in any diatribe involving your region.....
Am not from there n whatever happens there is of no interest to me......
Besides, the topic is about the long term goal of Yoruba people....
So I dont understand why u taking panadol for another's man headache....
Stay on your lane and mind your business....assuming u have one.......

2 Likes

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Dedetwo(m): 1:54am On May 07, 2020
KingJa:

Not too sure about the others but MKO Abiola did. Now Omoyele Sowore is representing the new generation of SW leaders

Where was the venue of MK Abiola's challenge and whose government? I shall be disappointed if claiming to have won an election, which is done everyday in Nigeria , and running away were what you meant as challenge to the government.
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Dedetwo(m): 1:58am On May 07, 2020
SIRTee15:

If u notice...
I didn't get involve in any diatribe involving your region.....
Am not from there n whatever happens there is of no interest to me......
Besides, the topic is about the long term goal of Yoruba people....
So I dont understand why u taking panadol for another's man headache....
Stay on your lane and mind your business....assuming u have one.......

The last time I checked though, this is a public forum. Is this an attempt to turn the forum into sectional and tribal domain?
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Sammy07: 1:58am On May 07, 2020
Dedetwo:

I do not monkey with intellectual midgets such as you. In your first drivel, you wrote who "stood up" against the government. Only God knows what hell you meant. My leaders to go to prison when they challenge the government because they make their challenges on the side of the law. Again, making a silly noise does not constitute into standing up against the government.

I know you passed waec through expo.

1 Like

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Dedetwo(m): 2:03am On May 07, 2020
Sammy07:

I know you passed waec through expo.

It takes one "Oluwole" certificate holder to recognize another.

1 Like

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Nobody: 2:06am On May 07, 2020
Dedetwo:

Where was the venue of MK Abiola's challenge and whose government? I shall be disappointed if claiming to have won an election, which is done everyday in Nigeria , and running away were what you meant as challenge to the government.

He rejected June 12’s annulment and fought against military regimes of Babangida and Abacha. Spent time in prison for the cause and gave up his life for the democracy that Nigeria is enjoying today. Regardless of what you say, it is still better than military rule

2 Likes

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Nobody: 2:07am On May 07, 2020
gidgiddy:

You people should tell us how it is that one single man called Zik decided what will enter or not enter the constitution? How is that even possible? Was Zik the owner of Nigeria?

But lets assume that secession did enter the constitution, it would done nobody any good as the independence constitution was removed in January 1966 and has never been used to this day

Go to Zik’s book, yo go find d ansa for there

1 Like

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Dedetwo(m): 2:25am On May 07, 2020
KingJa:

He rejected June 12’s annulment and fought against military regimes of Babangida and Abacha. Spent time in prison for the cause and gave up his life for the democracy that Nigeria is enjoying today. Regardless of what you say, it is still better than military rule

If at all you call a person protesting for his/her assumed win in the polls as a challenge to the government, there are numerous challengers of government from my hometown alone. I have even challenged the result of a poll in court. By the way, he/she who fights for his/her personal political gains does not qualify in the picture painted here.
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Nobody: 2:41am On May 07, 2020
Dedetwo:

If at all you call a person protesting for his/her assumed win in the polls as a challenge to the government, there are numerous challengers of government from home alone. I have even challenged the result of a poll in court. By the way, he/she who fights for his/her personal political gains does not qualify in the picture painted here.

Please name me an Igbo man who took the fight against 2 military dictators while risking his life and freedom in the process.

2 Likes

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Osaze007: 4:35am On May 07, 2020
KingJa:

Please name me an Igbo man who took the fight against 2 military dictators while risking his life and freedom in the process.

None of them instead Onyeke Owenu was singing
abacha run abacha run we love you pls run looool

2 Likes

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Staphylococcus: 4:54am On May 07, 2020
ObafemiAwoIowo:
God bless you my omoluabi sister

You need to start cancelling.
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by nku5: 5:41am On May 07, 2020
KingJa:

For June 12:

1. Olisa Agbakoba - CLO activist locked up uncountable times

2. Comrade Chima Ubani - CLO activist locked up uncountable times

3. Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu - NADECO chieftain who very bravely hosted resistance meetings at his residence

4. Chief Bobo Nwosisi - Stood with MKO and Abacha revoked his banking licence

5. Chief Ralph Obioha - Like Nwosisi was loyal to MKO until the end even when prominent Yorubas had collected money from Abacha

6. Senator Chris Anyanwu - Female Journalist/Publisher almost blinded in detention for being pro-MKO

7. Udenta Udenta - Activist

8. Chief Alex Ekwueme - Led the G17 opposed to Abacha

You still need more?

2 Likes

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Nobody: 5:44am On May 07, 2020
SIRTee15:

Tinubu is nothing but a greedy thief who doesn't know when to stop....
His era as the political leader of the Yoruba nation has been the worst dispensation in yoruba socioeconomic history....
All indices point to the fact that we beginning to lag behind and other regions are fast catching up.....

Tinubu lacked the qualities and principles of former Yoruba leaders like Awo, Jakande etc....
The achievement of baba kekere in lagos as gov in 4 yrs, is yet to be surpassed by 21year lacklustre and mediocre reign of tinubu and his bullion van messengers in Alausa.....

Whether you want to accept it or not, Tinubu is the best Yoruba politician post 1999 when our current democracy began. He is a product of his environment and a man who has achieved a lot for Lagos and the Yoruba nation via pragmatic politics allied to the reality of the day.

That was how Tinubu was able to fight and defeat OBJ many times to include keeping Lagos out of the grasp of the PDP and changing the political landscape of the SW from one where the PDP imposed gangsters and killers everywhere as leaders to one where Desmond Elliot, Shina Pellah etal could contest elections and win.

This feat alone is a priceless achievement as it meant, for the first time since 1999, any Nigerian could run for political office in the SW whereas it had to be violent, inept and cruel sadist under the PDP and OBJ.

The SW, no personal disrespect, will never rise with hands like yours because you would be another Soyinka, Solarin, Fawehinmi etal totally and deliberately disinterested in the reality that guides what is achievable, and that many subscribe to, only to be espousing lofty notions and ideals that can never move Yorubas forward, and would isolate/neuter anyone proposing such, because those run contrary to the way politics is played in Nigeria.

You and others don't understand Tinubu because you can never pragmatically marry what must be done with the reality on the ground in order to get results in Nigeria as presently constituted.

Best example I can give you are the adventures or more aptly misadventures in politics of Yoruba icons like Fawehinmi, Soyinka etal.

Yorubas pragmatically shunned the efforts of those highly respected Yoruba omoluabis because they know the type of leaders they want politically (Tinubu) and those they want as advocates and activists (Soyinka, Fawehinmi etal).

Tinubu plays politics like Chess he has mastered like grandmasters such as Karpov, Kasparov etal.

Because of his deliberate and visionary meandering, the SW is now in a position to produce reformational and visionary hands as its 2023 candidates in the likes of Osinbajo, Fashola etal.

Whereas OBJ would cynically have found some inept GEJ or Shagari-type tool he assumes he can 'remote control' to be VP to Buhari. Those sort would then waste the slot of the Yorubas, if they become President, as OBJ himself did!!!!

You will see that even Yorubas who don't like Tinubu appreciate his political sagacity because they appreciate the SW would be defenseless if she did not have a Tinubu.

This is partly why Igbos hate Tinubu i.e their deep regret at not hosting their own dogged master politician in the mould of Jagaban who would have prevented them being in the political purgatory they are mired in today. Be careful what you wish for simply because you don't want to be realistic and do not want to accept the reality of your nation and people.

3 Likes

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by AniOmaa: 5:53am On May 07, 2020
Grayoso:

Whether you want to accept it or not, Tinubu is the best Yoruba politician post 1999 when our current democracy began. He is a product of his environment and a man who has achieved a lot for Lagos and the Yoruba nation via pragmatic politics allied to the reality of the day.

That was how Tinubu was able to fight and defeat OBJ many times to include keeping Lagos out of the grasp of the PDP and changing the political landscape of the SW from one where the PDP imposed gangsters and killers everywhere as leaders to one where Desmond Elliot, Shina Pellah etal could contest elections and win.

This feat alone is a priceless achievement as it meant, for the first time since 1999, any Nigerian could run for political office in the SW whereas it had to be violent, inept and cruel sadist under the PDP and OBJ.

The SW, no personal disrespect, will never rise with hands like yours because you would be another Soyinka, Solarin, Fawehinmi etal totally and deliberately disinterested in the reality that guides what is achievable, and that many subscribe to, only to be espousing lofty notions and ideals that can never move Yorubas forward, and would isolate/neuter anyone proposing such, because those run contrary to the way politics is played in Nigeria.

You and others don't understand Tinubu because you can never pragmatically marry what must be done with the reality on the ground in order to get results in Nigeria as presently constituted.

Best example I can give you are the adventures or more aptly misadventures in politics of Yoruba icons like Fawehinmi, Soyinka etal.

Yorubas pragmatically shunned the efforts of those highly respected Yoruba omoluabis because they know the type of leaders they want politically (Tinubu) and those they want as advocates and activists (Soyinka, Fawehinmi etal).

Tinubu plays politics like Chess he has mastered like grandmasters such as Karpov, Kasparov etal.

Because of his deliberate and visionary meandering, the SW is now in a position to produce reformational and visionary hands as its 2023 candidates in the likes of Osinbajo, Fashola etal.

Whereas OBJ would cynically have found some inept GEJ or Shagari-type tool he assumes he can 'remote control' to be VP to Buhari. Those sort would then waste the slot of the Yorubas, if they become President, as OBJ himself did!!!!

You will see that even Yorubas who don't like Tinubu appreciate his political sagacity because they appreciate the SW would be defenseless if she did not have a Tinubu.

This is partly why Igbos hate Tinubu i.e their deep regret at not hosting their own dogged master politician in the mould of Jagaban who would have prevented them being in the political purgatory they are mired in today. Be careful what you wish for simply because you don't want to be realistic and do not want to accept the reality of your nation and people.
So after all these nicely written "Oriki" and adulations for Tinubu's infallible political sagacity, the million dollar question is and remains, what have you PERSONALLY benefited from Tinubu? what has Tinubu done to alleviate the poverty ravaging people in his region, especially during these lock down period? or is it only when it's time to play his bourdillon politics, that he remembers he's the Lord and savior of the Yoruba race?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

He Incited People To Loot, Now He's Being Looted. Laws Of Karma. Tweets. / PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance / President Tinubu Mourns Former NNPC GMD Dr Thomas John

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.