Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,232 members, 7,811,648 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance (8915 Views)

Defection Hits APC, NNPP As 12,963 Members Dump Parties For PDP In Katsina / Full List Of Registered Parties For 2019 Elections / BON, NEDG Pick Only 5 Political Parties For Debate (See List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by ijustdey: 9:17am On Jan 12, 2023
By Dirisu Yakubu

Ahead of the February 25 presidential election, the Peoples Democratic Party has confirmed that talks are ongoing with 11 other parties who have approached the party for a working alliance.

This came 24 hours after similar talks took place between the ruling All Progressives Congress and other smaller parties.

Speaking in a telephone conversation with our correspondent on Wednesday, the party’s Deputy National Publicity Secretary, Ibrahim Abdullahi, said the party has commenced talks with close to a dozen parties and welcomes more groups to come on board.

He said, “There are a good number of them, but it will not be wise to publicly list them out. At the last time I checked, we were in talks with over 11 of them.

“They approached us to express their willingness to partner with us towards ensuring credible elections in 2023. That is the way they put it, but you and I know what that means.

“These are parties with candidates who are not strong enough. I can confirm to you that there is a working arrangement, and we want to see more of such parties or groups. Together, we will salvage this country.

“They know the strength of the PDP and the pedigree of its presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.”

The PUNCH reports that in the 2019 election, the Peoples Coalition Party and the All Grassroots Alliance similarly endorsed Atiku when he first ran for the Presidency on the platform of the PDP.

https://punchng.com/pdp-in-talks-with-11-parties-for-alliance/?amp

Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by NwaNimo1(m): 9:20am On Jan 12, 2023
Don't be fooled.....

[img]https://giffiles./216/216378.gif[/img]

L.ets

P.rogress

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by sukkot: 9:20am On Jan 12, 2023
sad

2 Likes

Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:21am On Jan 12, 2023
Hehehehe grin cheesy wink cheesy
PDP don lule

These are parties with candidates who are not strong enough.
We can confirm to you that there is a working arrangement, and we want to see more of such parties or groups. Together
Some of the mushroom parties were founded just for this purpose.
To sell themselves to the highest bidder towards the election.
It's all part of politics

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by TheChameleon: 9:21am On Jan 12, 2023
Now they are getting smart.

When it was reported APC was doing same... some idiots were jubilating thinking it was a sign of weakness.

They don't know that someone like Tinubu doesn't leave anything to chance.

It's very likely the last chance for either BAT or Atiku ...health wise. So the stakes are really high.

You don't just say you want 55% passmark... you strive for 99.999999 and if you fall to 70% and win, then fine

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by Iwedunloye: 9:21am On Jan 12, 2023
The same thing PDP pro turn Zombidient are abusing APC of, you can’t dislodge a ruling party without forming external alliances……OYO STATE in 2019 as a case study

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:21am On Jan 12, 2023
TheChameleon:
Now they are getting smart.
.........Smart/clever by half!

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by Batteryfull: 9:21am On Jan 12, 2023
This what labor party should have done since ,
Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by valentinenkem: 9:21am On Jan 12, 2023
Am following deligently
Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:22am On Jan 12, 2023
Batteryfull:
This what labor party should have done since ,
Too late to wail

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by ecolime(m): 9:22am On Jan 12, 2023
Atiku is wasting his time.

I would advise his party merge with APC and all other mushroom parties if they wanna have any chance at defeating PO.

Labour Party is the party to beat.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by chrisxxx(m): 9:22am On Jan 12, 2023
PDP could not go in alliance with 5 of their governors is it with other political parties it can?
Charity begins at home. If agreement reached within PDP could not be respected how will other political parties believe you?

17 Likes

Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by updatechange(m): 9:22am On Jan 12, 2023
cheesy
Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:23am On Jan 12, 2023
Nigeria will be Great in our lifetime.

God bless Nigeria.

SUNDAYSIO:
MADNESS in Nigerian Politics embarassed
You call it madness,
We call it politics 102.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by joelbooks: 9:23am On Jan 12, 2023
SPV GANGS

NEVER AGAIN
Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by updatechange(m): 9:23am On Jan 12, 2023
Efforts in futility
Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by SUNDAYSIO(m): 9:23am On Jan 12, 2023
MADNESS in Nigerian Politics embarassed
Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by LesbianBoy(m): 9:23am On Jan 12, 2023
Peter obi and labour party should form alliance now with PDP to stop APC.....because as it stands we are about having a drug lord and a boko haram leader who are even of the same faith sef rule this country. This has never happened and will set about country backwards like never before angry

2 Likes

Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by Theo001(m): 9:24am On Jan 12, 2023
Okay
Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by MrSensor(m): 9:25am On Jan 12, 2023
E
Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by Antoeni(m): 9:26am On Jan 12, 2023
States Tinubu Wil Lose Automatically

Imo State
Anambra
Ebonyi
Enugu
Abia
Bayelsa
Rivers
Akwa Ibom
Cross rivers
Edo
Delta
Adamawa
Taraba
Benue
Platue state
Abuja
So automatically Tinubu wil lose these states 16 state my question is can he win all the other remaining states.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by Esales(m): 9:26am On Jan 12, 2023
I doubt these small party alliance can make any significant difference
Meanwhile, to dey browse for interesting posts no dey Taya you? Save yourself the stress and time, Join my WhatsApp TV for hilarious content right on WhatsApp. Check my signature for the phone number.
I dey drop biz talks and advice for entrepreneurs once once so na full package cheesy

1 Like

Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by mycar: 9:27am On Jan 12, 2023
PDP will commit crime ,instead of urchins to tackle PDP, they will start tackling LP, APC will commit crime, instead of PDP to tackle APC, they will come for LP. this election is between LP(well meaning Nigerians) and PDAPC.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by nazicartel(m): 9:28am On Jan 12, 2023
Same thing I told Bwalcha when he was laughing at APC for planning to merge with smaller parties. I told him pdp should be doing same and not him laughing at APC

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by 13october: 9:29am On Jan 12, 2023
NwaNimo1:
Don't be fooled.....

[img]https://giffiles./216/216378.gif[/img]

L.ets

P.rogress

LOOSING
PARTY

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by gassbee: 9:29am On Jan 12, 2023
So dat means d election is strictly btw pdp n apc

1 Like

Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by Jostoman: 9:31am On Jan 12, 2023
post=119953349:
Hehehehe grin cheesy wink cheesy
PDP don lule

Some of the mushroom parties were founded just for this purpose.
To sell themselves to the highest bidder towards the election.
It's all part of politics
we will know which party will lule in next month.

1 Like

Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by kennyz247(m): 9:33am On Jan 12, 2023
power to the people

I see LP joining PDP soon..

2 Likes

Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by saucygal193: 9:33am On Jan 12, 2023
Another gathering of the hawks. Any gathering that will not benefit the masses will not work in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance by Jevica: 9:34am On Jan 12, 2023
These smaller parties never pulls more than 100 votes nationwide judging from the past. it is a waste of time

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tension As S’court Delivers Judgments On Lagos, Kano, Plateau, 4 Govs Disputes / SSS Invades Channels Tv / Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.