Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? (3081 Views)

Refuted A Compliment From A Man That My Partner's An "Angel". / 7 Matters To Keep Away From While Giving A Woman A Compliment / Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by BimberBuzz: 1:28pm On May 06, 2020
We get angry and instead of using some vulgar words, we'd rather use it in form of compliments. It takes a wise person to figure

Such as:

"Good for you"

"Wow! My grandma would love that outfit!"

"With all due respect,..."

"Your sister is beautiful and you are...smart", even if used the other way round!

"You're much smarter than you look"...wait, what?

Add yours and earn: https://bimberbuzz.com/whats-an-insult-that-sounds-like-a-compliment/
Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by EzzyCarter: 1:35pm On May 06, 2020
You're always beautiful till you wipe the makeup off ur face grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by EzzyCarter: 1:36pm On May 06, 2020
Wow! never expected you to be this intelligent cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by simonlee(m): 1:44pm On May 06, 2020
my unit member in church once revealed to me that she spends at least 2 hours on makeup every Sunday, which is why she never makes it to first service.

Me now said "no wonder you look so lovely on Sundays".

she haven't spoken to me since then...

11 Likes

Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by dingbang(m): 1:45pm On May 06, 2020
You look pretty today

You look different in person than in your pics

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by ashewoboy(m): 1:48pm On May 06, 2020
seunmohmoh. you look like a teenager. I wouldn't want to have anything to do with you.

1 Like

Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by poshestmina(f): 2:13pm On May 06, 2020
See as you dress,come resemble human being today cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

8 Likes

Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by Denique(f): 2:15pm On May 06, 2020
Wow! Who could have thought you were this beautiful?
Fine short geh grin
You've got the beauty to compliment your small äss...

4 Likes

Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by JhayJoe: 2:32pm On May 06, 2020
Met a friend of mine at an event she was like

"How do i look"?

I was like "So you can be this beautiful? Thank god for the person that invented make up"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by baralatie(m): 2:32pm On May 06, 2020
poshestmina:
See as you dress,come resemble human being today cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
women and sharp mouth

2 Likes

Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by EzzyCarter: 2:38pm On May 06, 2020
Denique:
OR
Who could have thought you could hold an intelligent conversation?
Fine short geh grin
You've got the beauty to compliment your small äss

Adenike Savage cheesy cheesy wink

3 Likes

Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by DanseMacabre(m): 2:39pm On May 06, 2020
"Your nyash flat o, but lucky for you I'm not a nyash person."

This is actually called 'negging', and is a good way to get under the skin of so-called pretty girls. Underhanded compliments work with them on almost every occasion, such that they begin to seek validation from you.

But hey, I'm giving the game away. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by khia: 2:39pm On May 06, 2020
BimberBuzz:
We get angry and instead of using some vulgar words, we'd rather use it in form of compliments. It takes a wise person to figure

Such as:

"Good for you"

"Wow! My grandma would love that outfit!"

"With all due respect,..."

"Your sister is beautiful and you are...smart", even if used the other way round!

"You're much smarter than you look"...wait, what?

Add yours and earn: https://bimberbuzz.com/whats-an-insult-that-sounds-like-a-compliment/

You would be cute if you weren't so ugly. grin

You're cute for a dark skin person.

If you lose 50 pounds you would be a knock out.

I don't care about all of your fat, I like you for who you are.

This is the famous one ...You look nice TODAY (like you look like a rat all the other days). grin

You have a beautiful smile with your big white teeth.

Your woman/man is fiiiiiine, how in the world did YOU catch her/him.

These are all back handed compliments.

6 Likes

Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by lonikit: 2:46pm On May 06, 2020
you are sexy

1 Like

Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by sorority11(m): 2:55pm On May 06, 2020
I love the color of your teeth, and yellow is my favorite color

2 Likes

Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 06, 2020
We have the original of that Gucci purse you're carrying. tongue

2 Likes

Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by illicit(m): 3:02pm On May 06, 2020
see ur head like my own grin

1 Like

Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by Denique(f): 6:27pm On May 06, 2020
Eulalia:
We have the original of that Gucci purse you're carrying. tongue

Don't beg me...

3 Likes

Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 06, 2020
You look Sexy

You are intelligent for a Woman
Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 06, 2020
Denique:

Don't beg me...

Buahahahahaaaa....

1 Like

Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by TripA(m): 6:52pm On May 06, 2020
your more vast in knowledge than I expected

I'm an ass guy but I just overlook that arround when am arround you
your actually darker up close
Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by doctore212(m): 7:39pm On May 06, 2020
I bought a new shirt and my friend told me..

Your shirt is very nice but the original will be. Very costly.

I never wore that shirt again.

4 Likes

Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by Educonomist: 7:48pm On May 06, 2020
'See As U Fat'
Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by Educonomist: 7:51pm On May 06, 2020
doctore212:
I bought a new shirt and my friend told me..

Your shirt is very nice but the original will be. Very costly.

I never wore that shirt again.

Wtf! Dat Person Na Enemy Of Progres
Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by Damseldammie(f): 7:59pm On May 06, 2020
I love the sound you make when you shut up

1 Like

Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by Godoverevery: 8:06pm On May 06, 2020
See has you FAT....you Kan FINE
Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by Sixfeetbelle: 8:44pm On May 06, 2020
Ariza:
You look Sexy

You are intelligent for a Woman

Especially the second one. Jeez! Like wtf! angry

1 Like

Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by tolijascro(m): 8:45pm On May 06, 2020
Denique:
Fine short geh grin
You've got the beauty to compliment your small äss...

lol i know you talking about yourself...do you really have small ass? grin

1 Like

Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by tolijascro(m): 8:46pm On May 06, 2020
sorority11:
I love the color of your teeth, and yellow is my favorite color

yeeeeepa grin
Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by crackkhaus: 8:51pm On May 06, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Especially the second one. Jeez! Like wtf! angry
Belle, you look sexy kiss

1 Like

Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by Denique(f): 8:53pm On May 06, 2020
tolijascro:

lol i know you talking about yourself...do you really have small ass? grin

Prophet Indhaboosky grin
You are correct... In fact the last two statements concern me grin grin
How about you start predicting 10 sure odds cheesy
Re: What’s An Insult That Sounds Like A Compliment? by Sixfeetbelle: 8:54pm On May 06, 2020
crackkhaus:

Belle, you look sexy kiss

grin grin

Bia, what is it this night?

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Gift This Man Gave His Girlfriend / My Girlfriend's Junior Brother Hates To See Me / I Told His Sister To Tell Him Off For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.