Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,727 members, 7,827,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Need More Lights On The Master Degree And Jobs Thing. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Need More Lights On The Master Degree And Jobs Thing. (304 Views)

I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army / How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn / Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Need More Lights On The Master Degree And Jobs Thing. by dukeprince50: 3:13pm On May 06, 2020
Seun and lalasticlala pls pardon me, I thought the topic will get greater view on politics section since Romance section are occupied by teens, so it's not in the appropriate section.

Good day NLders, I read the masters degree thread on front page though I came late and first page has been hijacked so I could post my question on the thread again.
I saw the thread and was discussing with someone offline who told me, masters degree is close to useless except you have a job already and wants a promotion then you can get a masters degree, She told me if you get the degree, there is a very high chance that the company u are seeking the job, is not actually looking for the particular discipline the masters degree cert offered though it could be related.
For instance, u studied General chemistry in your first degree and proceeded to study Organic chemistry in ur masters program and you eventually applied for a Job in a company looking for someone who studied inorganic Chemistry, She said when you find urself in such state, there is high chance that someone who studied general chemical in first degree and has 2years experience in organic chemistry is more likely to get the Job than someone with OC masters degree.
This is because there are people who wants to go for masters immediately after first degree, should such a person proceed or look for a job first and then get the masters later to boost CV.
Though I kinda believed it cos in that same thread I saw someone saying he/she already had two masters and is chasing a PhD, are people overestimating the masters? I just wanna know. thanks
Re: Need More Lights On The Master Degree And Jobs Thing. by FOLLYVENTURES: 3:38pm On May 06, 2020
Msc is overrated. I know folks with masters degree from Unilag earning 50k monthly and Less
Re: Need More Lights On The Master Degree And Jobs Thing. by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 14, 2020
Get a job first, then you can proceed to get a masters degree afterwards. Only those who plan to delve into academics, do go for masters degree as soon as they are done with first degree.

(1) (Reply)

Hello Everyone.... How Do I Upload My Song On This Website��� / A Step To Become A Master In Data Science / 6 Apps That Pays You Every Time You Unlock Your Phone (passive Income Apps 2020)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.