Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Covid 19-What Has Kogi And Cross River States Done Differently? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid 19-What Has Kogi And Cross River States Done Differently? (447 Views)

What Would You Do First & Differently When Coronavirus Lockdown Is Lifted? / Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? / Italian Mom Coronavirus Lockdown: Here's What I Wish I Had Done Differently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid 19-What Has Kogi And Cross River States Done Differently? by freeman131: 7:34am On May 07, 2020
The coronavirus pandemic has been a life threatening disease ravaging the entire world.

Off course Nigeria has not been an exception as it has recorded about 3145 confirmed cases and slightly above a hundred deaths.

The pandemic has so far been recorded in 34states including the FCT but then again the amazing thing is that two states Kogi and Cross River states are yet to record even a case when all neighbouring states had recorded at least more than 2 cases.

The big question is what are these state government doing differently that other states aren't doing?

Are there not enough testing facilities in these states?

Is the use of facemask and hand sanitizers which was made compulsory by the state government really curtailing the spread in these states?

Is the inter-state border closure strictly adhered to?

What are your thoughts?
Re: Covid 19-What Has Kogi And Cross River States Done Differently? by devilmaycry: 7:38am On May 07, 2020
I am not a bringer of bad news...but truth is...these two states have high number of cases but they dnt know yet....i mean Kogi has boarder with many of these affected states.

Common....

They probably havnt started testing yet

2 Likes

Re: Covid 19-What Has Kogi And Cross River States Done Differently? by majamajic(m): 7:40am On May 07, 2020
High sex rate
Re: Covid 19-What Has Kogi And Cross River States Done Differently? by BOOOMNAIJA: 7:45am On May 07, 2020
Dear COVID-19

It’s been over a month since you restricted all our activities, not minding what we all had in place prior to your outbreak. Initially i thought it was just a temporal stay, but days turned weeks, weeks turned months and we’re still waiting in uncertainty.

To say I’m not agitated on how things have turned out is laughable. I wish you never existed, at least not in my generation. What do you stand to benefit in The DEATHS, Those shocked businesses and business trips you’ve halted, those you’ve relieved off their jobs, the hunger and hardship you’ve brought, those exams you stopped not minding how well we’ve prepared for them.

But then I ask, will praying or lamenting bring a solution to this pandemic? “Tongue-tied” But I will keep praying for our front-liners.

Guns can kill but same guns can protect. Arrows can kill but can be used for hunting. Dear COVID-19, I ask again, among your numerous maladies, what advantage have you provided ? You’ve done enough, why not leave and allow us use the rest of the year in healing mentally, emotionally and physically? Living right now is scary. Dear Hunger you know we’ve come a long way, why not spare us for now while we focus on combating this stranger called COVID-19?

Where are the vaccines ? Oh Humanity! See what you’ve been reduced to. But there’s HOPE, whether sooner or later, Humanity will win the fight against this Virus

—————————————————-
Indeed when all these are over, I will appreciate life more and be down to earth. Because it’s obvious God is the giver of life and everyone is equal whether rich or poor. Caucasian or Negroid
Re: Covid 19-What Has Kogi And Cross River States Done Differently? by larrymoore(m): 7:49am On May 07, 2020
Oh those states, they are more informed than other people in the country. pandemic killed their fore father.
Re: Covid 19-What Has Kogi And Cross River States Done Differently? by Pentasoft1978: 7:54am On May 07, 2020
Cross River was quick in closing her border immediately 5 cases were reported in Akwa Ibom. that's what saved cross river , there is no magic to it. Nigeria was asked to close its border, Buhari's brainless FG said they were prepared to handle covid -19 and allowed infected people to enter the country without 14 days quarantine period. when Jonathan FG dealt with Ebola. Buhari thought he could deal with Covid -19. the difference is clear, you can not compare an illitrate Buhari, to the learned Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: Covid 19-What Has Kogi And Cross River States Done Differently? by Bilabong(m): 7:55am On May 07, 2020
The case of Cross river is luck as first... Immediately Akwa ibom announced the first case, Cross river closed it borders. When the security agencies compromised and allowed cars in the governor had to go there and spend a night that was when they knew he had his eyes on them. Las Las na God dey protect.
Re: Covid 19-What Has Kogi And Cross River States Done Differently? by bigiyaro(m): 7:56am On May 07, 2020
time will tell, I know kogi is just being secretive,
Re: Covid 19-What Has Kogi And Cross River States Done Differently? by Bilabong(m): 7:57am On May 07, 2020
larrymoore:
Oh those states, they are more informed than other people in the country. pandemic killed their fore father.

Read what u posted and tell us was u think of urself.
Re: Covid 19-What Has Kogi And Cross River States Done Differently? by Oluneutral: 7:59am On May 07, 2020
Now fine, you people have been talking about what cross river state has done differently, what has kogi state done differently o?
Re: Covid 19-What Has Kogi And Cross River States Done Differently? by exposition: 8:11am On May 07, 2020
They played politics with the lives of their citizens more than other states

1 Like

Re: Covid 19-What Has Kogi And Cross River States Done Differently? by Nobody: 9:05am On May 07, 2020
Nothing.

In Cross River especially, we the people and Government have simply found power in the statement: "What you don't know cannot kill you"

1 Like

Re: Covid 19-What Has Kogi And Cross River States Done Differently? by ItooWorWor(m): 10:23am On May 07, 2020
devilmaycry:
I am not a bringer of bad news...but truth is...these two states have high number of cases but they dnt know yet....i mean Kogi has boarder with many of these affected states.

Common....

They probably havnt started testing yet
I disagree, if there is covid in Kogi State then there is no way the governor can hide it. It been month's already and no unecessary death's has been recorded.
Re: Covid 19-What Has Kogi And Cross River States Done Differently? by Shelumiel: 11:03am On May 07, 2020
Pentasoft1978:
Cross River was quick in closing her border immediately 5 cases were reported in Akwa Ibom. that's what saved cross river , there is no magic to it. Nigeria was asked to close its border, Buhari's brainless FG said they were prepared to handle covid -19 and allowed infected people to enter the country without 14 days quarantine period. when Jonathan FG dealt with Ebola. Buhari thought he could deal with Covid -19. the difference is clear, you can not compare an illitrate Buhari, to the learned Jonathan.
Don't say that. Cross River and Kogi state are not testing anybody, so how can they have cases? For all we know, half of the population there might be infected.
Re: Covid 19-What Has Kogi And Cross River States Done Differently? by Pentasoft1978: 11:36am On May 07, 2020
Shelumiel:
Don't say that. Cross River and Kogi state are not testing anybody, so how can they have cases? For all we know, half of the population there might be infected.

I am not infected, neither have I seen anybody in my neighborhood. for the past 3 months no on one has slumped or fainted in my street.

1 Like

Re: Covid 19-What Has Kogi And Cross River States Done Differently? by Shelumiel: 11:50am On May 07, 2020
Pentasoft1978:

I am not infected, neither have I seen anybody in my neighborhood. for the past 3 months no on one has slumped or fainted in my street.
Just because you don't see people fainting or experiencing symptoms of covid19 does not mean they are covid19 free. Covid-19 can be symptomatic or assymptomatic (showing no symptoms); you never can tell. And as long as your state government is not testing anyone, then, your state might likely be a hot spot.

(1) (Reply)

What Causes One To Murmur From Sleep. / Help A Hepatitis B Victim / Covid 19 :Is It Possible To Suffer Symptoms For 6 Months.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.