Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,529 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? (17151 Views)

Ever Since I Bought A Mercedes Benz, It's Been One Trouble To Another / 10 Important Tips On Inspecting A Car You Want To Buy / What The Car You Drive Says About You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by BusterG: 9:43am On Nov 23, 2022
justiniyke29:

Its being years now, but i dont recall the so called gear mechanic making mention of that. What i was told was buy valve body(dont know if thats the real name) and some other stuffs i cant recall again.

Mechanics get names for parts sha ...

You go hear AirFilomita.

4 Likes

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by joseandgreat: 10:42am On Dec 28, 2022
dicksonadams:

That wasn't that bad, simply replacing the engine 150k job or rebuilding 50k job and life for continue.

Well this is one I almost made but na God save me, I saw an hybrid Honda Civic 2006 here on nairaland for 100k, my plan was to buy and change to conventional engine based on mechanic recommendations for 500k, luckily I met a guy who did same... He said he had spend up to 700k and still issue with electrical etc

A car for N100k or you mean N1m?

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by joseandgreat: 10:47am On Dec 28, 2022
buygala:
I haven't bought a problematic car yet Sha....

That car has made me really terrified of Peugeot 307s...
Thanks for sharing.

I saw one beautiful white one calling out to mecheesy

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by joseandgreat: 10:52am On Dec 28, 2022
BusterG:

My brother u see ehn. Those Mechos and rewire guys ehn. Anytime I see dem working on broken down cars I go just shake my head.

There are professional mechanic or autoshops around Lagos, why do people not patronize them?

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by joseandgreat: 11:17am On Dec 28, 2022
HenryWilliams:
Where do I start from?
Sold a perfectly good 97 Toyota Carina E with fantastic engine for a Naija used BMW325i. Nothing I didn't change in the car. Suspension, battery, tyres, sensors, even bought half engine .. the car was totally useless.. sold it off for crap.
As If I never learn lesson.. fast forward.. sold my Toyota Camry 09 I bought toks and bought Naija used Acura MDX 05.
Plethora of issues.. suspension issues, engine issues.. car drank fuel like a fish. So tired of the car .. barely 7 months after ownership.. I want to get rid of it..
Gosh.
Wow, selling perfectly good cars for trash.

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by BusterG: 11:37am On Dec 28, 2022
joseandgreat:

There are professional mechanic or autoshops around Lagos, why do people not patronize them?

My brother.

You and I know those Tech Shops ( that use original parts) don't come cheap. Especially in this Buhari economy.
Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by Cti28(m): 12:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
adanny01:

You will know, if you know how to spot or listen to tell tale signs.

A properly washed engine is a sign of hidden defects.

A missing AC low pressure port cap indicates a possible frequent AC repair or gas refill.

Car manufacturers don't run bare wires, seeing wires uncovered and free tells you the kind of Electrician who worked on the car.

New paint tells you something, the seller is trying to increase the value of the car or is hiding something. You need to find it and decide if you can tolerate it or not.

Just yesterday, i saw a car on Jiji and got seriously interested. The pictures were great but no side, engine and trunk. So i called and asked for it. When I got the engine pic, I asked if AC is working and was told it needs small work (i assumed worst, it needs big work). I only noticed a missing port cap.

One wheel cover was missing and the side picture was not as clear as the front and rear. The only reason for a bad picture is that there is something to hide. I only asked if it was painted and he said yes.

I didn't need to ask anymore cause I already lost interest in the car after 2 questions and 2 more pictures.

The pictures on Jiji highlighted the good sides of the car but left the bad.

Basically, one will be looking for red flags in answers to questions and physical signs of previous work.

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by joseandgreat: 12:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
BusterG:

My brother.

You and I know those Tech Shops ( that use original parts) don't come cheap. Especially in this Buhari economy.

True.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by Rinoxy: 2:33pm On Dec 28, 2022
joseandgreat:

Thanks for sharing.

I saw one beautiful white one calling out to mecheesy
I love the white colored 307 too, with slightly tinted glass.

1 Like

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by joseandgreat: 2:36pm On Dec 28, 2022
Rinoxy:

I love the white colored 307 too, with slightly tinted glass.

But with that wonderful experience narrated, it's to wash one hands off grin
Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by theamazonguru(m): 2:37pm On Dec 28, 2022
BusterG:

How?

Na my dream car be that na.

Yes Dream Car only of you can buy it as a brand new. Not a 2nd hand,not even a Toks.

My boss who earns about 2m monthly saved up and bought a brand new.
Immediately he used the newness commot for Im body after just few years, omo the car begin dey show am shege. Car wey balance for ground, neat like Anita come look sweet like Suzzy. You no go know say if you buy am na high blood pressure you buy with your money so.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by Rinoxy: 2:37pm On Dec 28, 2022
joseandgreat:

But with that wonderful experience narrated, it's to wash one hands off grin
That experience is just unfortunate. The rate at which 307 cars are flooding the roads in Kaduna is alarming. People keep buying it here. It's one of the favorites.

1 Like

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by joseandgreat: 2:43pm On Dec 28, 2022
Rinoxy:

That experience is just unfortunate. The rate at which 307 cars are flooding the roads in Kaduna is alarming. People keep buying it here. It's one of the favorites.

Oh wow, may be the ones in Kaduna are sound grin
Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by theamazonguru(m): 3:33pm On Dec 28, 2022
kaymart:

Yes, I read it...I laughed...hmmm....it's not funny.
At a time he said he used reverse to get home. That statement almost crumble my ribs...

Anyways, I got a Naija used car, it was my first, a Camry...yr 2000 I think. I used it for about 2 yrs
..it started everytime.
I became so attached to it. Funny enough, I was in another state when they brought it, I saw it for the first time when they brought it to me as I have only been shown picz prior.
It was a good investment.
super reliable and dependable.
It just won't die....

I Currently using one now.
Well my own is the type they call Toyota Envelop or Fish Light.

Ómó, this cat is another name for reliable and dependable.

If this guy doesn't start, don't worry yourself just go and buy fuel pour. Lol.
That's the only issue I have with the car now.
The fuel gauge got bad and I couldn't get anyone to fix it. Bought another one, still the same. So I drive it like that, once it indicates empty fuel by beeping I don't waste time but to buy fuel.

I honestly love this car and seriously attached to it. Lol.

Of all the cars in the compound, it is the oldest and most reliable.
Everyone uses it to make example of how a good car should be. Kick and go. No cough no nothing 10 years running now.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by BusterG: 3:43pm On Dec 28, 2022
theamazonguru:

I Currently using one now.
Well my own is the type they call Toyota Envelop or Fish Light.

Ómó, this cat is another name for reliable and dependable.

If this guy doesn't start, don't worry yourself just go and buy fuel pour. Lol.
That's the only issue I have with the car now.
The fuel gauge got bad and I couldn't get anyone to fix it. Bought another one, still the same. So I drive it like that, once it indicates empty fuel by beeping I don't waste time but to buy fuel.

I honestly love this car and seriously attached to it. Lol.

Of all the cars in the compound, it is the oldest and most reliable.
Everyone uses it to make example of how a good car should be. Kick and go. No cough no nothing 10 years running now.

For me Toyota brands are the best for Naija here ooooo.

But some of our "big" boys here no go gree with me ooooo.

Every Mallam to his kettle.

1 Like

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by theamazonguru(m): 4:54pm On Dec 28, 2022
HenryWilliams:
Where do I start from?
Sold a perfectly good 97 Toyota Carina E with fantastic engine for a Naija used BMW325i. Nothing I didn't change in the car. Suspension, battery, tyres, sensors, even bought half engine .. the car was totally useless.. sold it off for crap.
As If I never learn lesson.. fast forward.. sold my Toyota Camry 09 I bought toks and bought Naija used Acura MDX 05.
Plethora of issues.. suspension issues, engine issues.. car drank fuel like a fish. So tired of the car .. barely 7 months after ownership.. I want to get rid of it..
Gosh.

ACURA MDX, BIggest error of a life Time.

But guess what, people wey no Know wetin your eye dey see with the car will be admiring you while driving the car , say chai one day me too go drive this car.
If only they knew. Lol.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by theamazonguru(m): 4:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
BusterG:

For me Toyota brands are the best for Naija here ooooo.

But some of our "big" boys here no go gree with me ooooo.

Every Mallam to his kettle.

I tell you, I no dey send anybody oh.
Even as the car look ruggedy reach, I no dey look any body face.
Me sef na big boy for my own corner.
Na only me one dey use the car give myself joy.

However, I love the fact that it takes away attention from me. People no dey too put eye for my body say I get anything.
Na so I dey avoid billing and taxing form different corners unto say as my car look rough, e mean say I no get money. Hahahahaha.

When I finished my building, a 5 bedroom duplex with a room and parlour self con, people no believe say na me get them.
The car and the house no match.
Hahaha

Naim my people dey call, adakéjaiye.

7 Likes

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by Rinoxy: 6:19pm On Dec 28, 2022
joseandgreat:

Oh wow, may be the ones in Kaduna are sound grin
This guy, u no serious. grin
Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by BusterG: 8:30pm On Dec 28, 2022
theamazonguru:

I tell you, I no dey send anybody oh.
Even as the car look ruggedy reach, I no dey look any body face.
Me sef na big boy for my own corner.
Na only me one dey use the car give myself joy.

However, I love the fact that it takes away attention from me. People no dey too put eye for my body say I get anything.
Na so I dey avoid billing and taxing form different corners unto say as my car look rough, e mean say I no get money. Hahahahaha.

When I finished my building, a 5 bedroom duplex with a room and parlour self con, people no believe say na me get them.
The car and the house no match.
Hahaha

Naim my people dey call, adakéjaiye.

Wisdom bro.

Wisdom.

E get some things person suppose know ontime else LIFE GO TEACH U HIMSELF.

I wish I could relate some life incidences here.

1 Like

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by obidaddy: 9:49am On Dec 31, 2022
BusterG:

But bro you dey try o

You sold Camry 09 Aka Muscle 09 to buy MDX.
I sure say na village pple whisper that idea for your ear. I sure.

Walahi, the guy will just leave relaible Japanese cars, to form big boy car (nija used, not grade A tokumbo). Inferiority complex was my immediate conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by sharpwriter(m): 4:09pm On Jan 05, 2023
BusterG:

But bro you dey try o

You sold Camry 09 Aka Muscle 09 to buy MDX.
I sure say na village pple whisper that idea for your ear. I sure.
The tin sef off me.... Toks bought 09 muscle sold to get naija Acura 05 grin cheesy
He must have been really obsessed with Acura.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by odimbannamdi(m): 11:00pm On May 26, 2023
adanny01:

You will know, if you know how to spot or listen to tell tale signs.

A properly washed engine is a sign of hidden defects.

A missing AC low pressure port cap indicates a possible frequent AC repair or gas refill.

Car manufacturers don't run bare wires, seeing wires uncovered and free tells you the kind of Electrician who worked on the car.

New paint tells you something, the seller is trying to increase the value of the car or is hiding something. You need to find it and decide if you can tolerate it or not.

Just yesterday, i saw a car on Jiji and got seriously interested. The pictures were great but no side, engine and trunk. So i called and asked for it. When I got the engine pic, I asked if AC is working and was told it needs small work (i assumed worst, it needs big work). I only noticed a missing port cap.

One wheel cover was missing and the side picture was not as clear as the front and rear. The only reason for a bad picture is that there is something to hide. I only asked if it was painted and he said yes.

I didn't need to ask anymore cause I already lost interest in the car after 2 questions and 2 more pictures.

The pictures on Jiji highlighted the good sides of the car but left the bad.

Basically, one will be looking for red flags in answers to questions and physical signs of previous work.

Thanks for sharing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Guy Made Various Car Sounds With His Mouth. They Sound So Real (video) / Break Failure Experience ( Pix ) / Causes Of Water Mixing With Engine Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.