Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,162 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Is It Compulsory To Go For NYSC After Graduating? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Compulsory To Go For NYSC After Graduating? (2089 Views)

My Matriculation Number Was Used For Another Student After Graduating / After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? / Is Further Mathematics Compulsory To Study Computer Engineering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Compulsory To Go For NYSC After Graduating? by AlphaGreenz: 11:56am On May 07, 2020
I'd like to know if it's critical to go for your service immediately after graduation, or you get to decide when to apply for it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go For NYSC After Graduating? by meetme01: 11:59am On May 07, 2020
AlphaGreenz:
I'd like to know if it's critical to go for your service immediately after graduation, or you get to decide when to apply for it.

The best is to go immediately you graduate. Reason been that, you would find it difficult when you get busy with work and family. If later in life in you need the certificate ( which is 80% sacrosanct) , you may regret why you didn't pay the price - Patience -

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go For NYSC After Graduating? by AlphaGreenz: 12:07pm On May 07, 2020
meetme01:

The best is to go immediately you graduate. Reason been that, you would find it difficult when you get busy with work and family. If later in life in you need the certificate ( which is 80% sacrosanct) , you may regret why you didn't pay the price - Patience -
But you can go after years of graduation yes? And is there any possible risk in doing so?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go For NYSC After Graduating? by meetme01: 12:54pm On May 07, 2020
AlphaGreenz:

But you can go after years of graduation yes? And is there any possible risk in doing so?

Sure. You can provided you graduate before the mandatory age. Risk applicable is when you intend seeking for anything in Nigeria that requires the certificate.. (jobs, political position, etc).

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go For NYSC After Graduating? by Fidelismaria: 1:55pm On May 07, 2020

it's not compulsory to go immediately after graduating

You can always go for it later

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go For NYSC After Graduating? by edoairways: 7:45pm On May 07, 2020
AlphaGreenz the former minister of Finance saga should teach you

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go For NYSC After Graduating? by ImmaculateJOE(m): 7:52pm On May 07, 2020
AlphaGreenz:

If you are self employed and have no business to do with government office or never to seek for any kind of employment forever..

Then its useless to you..

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go For NYSC After Graduating? by EbukaHades10(m): 10:04pm On May 07, 2020
U can go b4 u hit 30 years old.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go For NYSC After Graduating? by cruzydal(m): 12:29am On May 08, 2020
Go for orientation camp den ghost service
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go For NYSC After Graduating? by AlphaGreenz: 9:26am On May 08, 2020
ImmaculateJOE:

If you are self employed and have no business to do with government office or never to seek for any kind of employment forever..

Exactly the answer I was looking for. Thanks smiley
But I might still go just to catch fun. I haven't gone around Nigeria a lot.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go For NYSC After Graduating? by AlphaGreenz: 9:29am On May 08, 2020
cruzydal:
Go for orientation camp den ghost service
How long for the orientation camp?
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go For NYSC After Graduating? by zedegit: 9:37am On May 08, 2020
AlphaGreenz:

It's a compulsory national service and is required during employment purposes.

After the 1 year service, you are issued an NYSC discharge certificate.

The only exemption is for those who are above 30 years and they are given an exemption certificate.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go For NYSC After Graduating? by zedegit: 9:40am On May 08, 2020
ImmaculateJOE:

Don't allow your past silliness to catch up with your future.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go For NYSC After Graduating? by cruzydal(m): 11:05am On May 08, 2020
AlphaGreenz:

How long for the orientation camp?
3 weeks , some people even ghost the Orientation camp

(1) (Reply)

How To Know If My SIM Card Is Linked To NIN ID Card (nimcmobile.app) / Here Are 3 Books That Changed My Life In 2021 / Will The Revolution Start From Rivers State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.