Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Corona Virus: Lessons for christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Corona Virus: Lessons for christians (246 Views)

Pastor Enenche: 'Evil Wind Brought Corona Virus, It Will Expire In 21 Days’ / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS / Facebook Is Gradually Becoming Unsafe For Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corona Virus: Lessons for christians by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 07, 2020
What lessons do you think we should learn or have learnt from this Corona pandemic? I say this because Nigerians are so religious.
To me, I think it was high time christians in particular begin to ask their pastors what they do with their tithes, general and first fruit offerings. Do you know how junior pastors are over-burdened and worked? They are expected to remit close to or over 80% of their general tithes and offerings, and then the first fruits, 100% to the headquarters (which is the national). (I speak for some churches). These pastors are left with no option than to burden their members (who are being told to make all sorts of contributions and free givings asides tithes and offerings such as G.Os birthday, breaking and rebuilding of church cathedral into something greater even though it was initially good, building of additional camps and even schools that will never be attended by their kids, unnecessary church planting even though their churches are seriously becoming a nuisance, etc.) to donate for emergency situations like these. It will interest you to know that a lot of these big churches' smaller branches actually got NO SUPPORT from them (the main headquarters) but relied on contributions from the "already" over-burdened church members to provide palliative to the less privileged amongst them.
What happened to the tithes and offerings brought into the storehouses (National Headquarters) to enable for meat (in a time like this palliative) as urge by the Lord of Hosts in Malachi 3:10a? Where they eaten by cankerworms and caterpillars? Abi na snake swallow am? Why are the branches still struggling to feed it's members upon the "billions of naira" (Yes billions of naira) remitted so far? Have they been playing with the intelligence of their members?

HONESTLY, I EXPECT A LOT OF CHRISTIANS (AFTER THIS CORONA THING) TO GO BACK TO THEIR VARIOUS CHURCHES "INTELLIGENT", WISER, AND ASKING THEIR PASTORS "TOUGH" AND CHALLENGING QUESTIONS.
ITS HIGH TIME WE SAT THESE PASTORS DOWN AND TOLD THEM OUR MINDS.
UNNECESSARY BREAKING AND REBUILDING OF CATHEDRALS (JUST TO GIVE SOME CONTRACTORS JOB AND GET PERCENTAGE INSIDE) HAS TO GO.
SOME CHURCH PLANTING TI TO JOR. THE CHURCHES HAVE "FILLED EVERYWHERE". NO SPACE AGAIN.
DADDY G.Os BIRTHDAY SHOULD BE DONE IN PRAYERS ALONE (AS CHRIST WHO NEVER CELEBRATED BIRTHDAYS PRAYED "ON THE MOUNTAINS)
LAMBOGINI CONTRIBUTION NKO?? PRIVATE JET SEED SOWING OFFERING? EVEN MAMA'S PET PROJECT AND OFFICE COMPLEX HAS TO GO.
WE ARE TIRED!! NO FOOD WAS GIVEN TO THE PEOPLE BY THE NATIONAL. NOTHING!! POOR JUNIOR PASTORS ARE LEFT TO CARRY ALL THE BURDEN. SOME EVEN USE THE LITTLE THEY GET FROM THEIR SALARIES TO GET PALLIATIVES FOR THEIR MEMBERS (THAT'S FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT FULL-TIME PASTORS SEF)
SO MANY LESSONS LEARNT.
IT'S JUST OBVIOUS EVEN SOME MIRACLES WERE STAGED.

ABEG!!! OUR MUMU DON DO. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!
People Don contribute tire abeg.

add yours.

1 Like

Re: Corona Virus: Lessons for christians by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 07, 2020
Take it easy.

1 Like

Re: Corona Virus: Lessons for christians by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 07, 2020
Eulalia:
Take it easy.
You won't understand. Some of these so-called G.Os or pastors are just purely wicked and selfish. They have demonstrated times without number that they don't care about the members. All they care about is their contributions, tithes, offerings and even their "WORSHIP" (Yes! worship). End of the year will come. Just Watch how some pastors will still ask for donations in the name of "church planting". These are people that did little or nothing in this era o. Don't they make profits even better than Telecom's businesses? I say profits because it's clear the church is been reduced to a business venture. See, our mumu Don do
Re: Corona Virus: Lessons for christians by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 07, 2020
sbaks:
You won't understand. Some of these so-called G.Os or pastors are just purely wicked and selfish. They have demonstrated times without number that they don't care about the members. All they care about is their contributions, tithes, offerings and even their "WORSHIP" (Yes! worship). End of the year will come. Just Watch how some pastors will still ask for donations in the name of "church planting". These are people that did little or nothing in this era o. Don't they make profits even better than Telecom's businesses? I say profits because it's clear the church is been reduced to a business venture. See, our mumu Don do

I understand you but just take it easy. Look up to God. Remember the Bible says we should not put our trust in man. The arm of flesh will fail you but Jesus never fails. Trust only in Him.
Re: Corona Virus: Lessons for christians by fulaniHERDSman(m): 11:06pm On May 07, 2020
Church matter? I no dey o!
Like cheap street sluts ... the class of church goers you are trying to enlighten love being fvcked wantonly by this later day scamming criminals.
Just wait small the goats will descend on you to defend their wolf pastors.

2 Likes

Re: Corona Virus: Lessons for christians by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 09, 2020
fulaniHERDSman:
Church matter? I no dey o!
Like cheap street sluts ... the class of church goers you are trying to enlighten love being fvcked wantonly by this later day scamming criminals.
Just wait small the goats will descend on you to defend their wolf pastors.
That would be so unfortunate. In this dispensation and era people ought to be wiser as to see the handwriting on the wall. It's so clear that this so-called senior pastors and G.Os are selfish and wicked.

(1) (Reply)

Have You Discovered God's Purpose For Your Life ? / God Spoke To Moses Directly, He Sent Angel To Mohammed, How Did He Communicate J / What Will You Be Speaking After You Die?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.