Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,344 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 (80146 Views)

COVID-19: 184 New Cases Reported, 6 Deaths And 111 Discharged On May 13 / COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 / Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by layzie: 5:53am On May 08, 2020
anigbajumo:

Oga,stop misleading people here.US never open anything and check Germany statistics with the number of test they av done,they av gone far with low number of confirmed cases and even low fatality rate in comparing to the likes of France,Italy,Spain,UK and even Belgium.... Germany opening is due to the effective approach towards the pandemic infact they av done better by far than those countries mentioned above.

Is this all u have to say? Re-read the post u quoted, comment appropriately and let's have a meaningful discussion.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-52314866

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-05-06/here-s-how-boris-johnson-is-planning-to-lift-the-u-k-s-lockdown
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Nobody: 5:57am On May 08, 2020
OriOko88:

Get sense. This is not d time to throw banters. This is a matter of life and death. Over 100 people have die. Je ki Ori e lo pe oo

Why did you quote me? So we shouldn't play again cuz of the pandemic uhn, do you even know Bundelisga will resume this month? Are they supposed to resume the league at all? Lol, Mister face ur business okay? Don't you ever In your life quote me again. E/Oshey

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by jodeci(m): 6:04am On May 08, 2020
otokx:

I hear testing has started in UPTH

Yes,so i heard too at UPTH.
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Ekpekaycee: 6:22am On May 08, 2020
This table reminds me of federal allocation of national cake, where a single state will be given over one thousand shares and the entire S.E just 19 shares.
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Cosyfaith(f): 6:24am On May 08, 2020
olaboy33:
At the end of the day when we finally accept we can't curtail this virus, we'll go the HIV and TB way.

It's going to kill people no doubt, like every other disease and virus does but we'll live our lives normally.

Imagine keeping every one indoors like goats

-because of a virus which those who tested positive to it can still protest and dance in treatment centers.

-which there is a very high recovery rate of positives.

With what we have seen here in Nigeria, Tuberculosis, Lassa fever, Aids and even HIV are far more worse with thousands of death yearly, yet, no one is locking anywhere.

Undue media overhyped Corona Virus.

I know understand why the WHO was reluctant to declare it a pandemic until the big big boys put in pressure.

Did all the above disease infect a large number of people at the same time?. Did they involve people coming down with the sickness about the same period which overwhelmed the health system of the most developed countries having them run out of ventilators?. Or did any of them involve situations where doctors have to adapt 'Do not resuscitate'? or triage the healthy and young over the elderlies and patients with mental issues?. Did those diseases spread by touching people or surfaces people have touched?. Are those diseases thriving in all climates of the world with reckless abandon?

Maybe you should give your brain moments to analyze issues on ground before typing crap

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by wristbangle: 6:27am On May 08, 2020
The lockdown may return from the look of things
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Nobody: 6:28am On May 08, 2020
gobuchinny:

Foreign investors? Now? Guy r u very serious? Which foreigner doesn't know about coro abi which foreigner is looking to invest in Lagos at this very moment. Egen the foreigner will have coro in his home country so which fear to invest?
Even after, coz of fear
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by newisd75: 6:37am On May 08, 2020
olaboy33:
At the end of the day when we finally accept we can't curtail this virus, we'll go the HIV and TB way.

It's going to kill people no doubt, like every other disease and virus does but we'll live our lives normally.

u are right, that is y d fear of coronavirus is like foolishness

-because of a virus which those who tested positive to it can still protest and dance in treatment centers.

With what we have seen here in Nigeria, Tuberculosis, Lassa fever, Aids and even HIV are far more worse with thousands of death yearly, yet, no one is locking anywhere.

I know understand why the WHO was reluctant to declare it a pandemic until the big big boys put in pressure.
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by riczy(m): 6:39am On May 08, 2020
Where is kogi, May God Almighty bless yaha bello for doing d needful. The state maybe backward but trust me am relocating there Asap

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by humbleby: 6:39am On May 08, 2020
my question is when nd where are all these test carried on in lagos
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by humbleby: 6:43am On May 08, 2020
[quote author=Dpaulie post=89305375]
Better for Lagos to detect and get treated than some northern states losing their people unknowingly to coronavirus.. imagine the 600+ died in Kano later traced to be caused by covid-1
thats what they tell you but believe na lie
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by OKTolu: 6:44am On May 08, 2020
God help us ooo, we can't do this by ourselves oh lord
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by ojuoluwani(m): 6:44am On May 08, 2020
BOOOMNAIJA:
Gone are d days when guys bragged about arriving from abroad....brag about it now and get quarantined.

Gather here if u agree grin grin
Gone are the days when people in the village are always want people from Lagos to come home, try it now ur case will be worse than that Ekiti man
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by FGonline: 6:44am On May 08, 2020
djon78:

We are decent. I drove around town since Monday. Almost everybody was wearing mask and social distancing was observed. Unlike Lagos were people are very lawless.
Test kit is finished
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by seunmsg(m): 6:44am On May 08, 2020
dustmalik:

Test kits have finished

cry cry cry
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Reference(m): 6:47am On May 08, 2020
Macsjebs:
Watching in 3D

If they keep increasing figures for Lagos this way, the state may end up scaring foreign investors away
Check my signature

You guys are still asleep, some just waking. Did I not warn months back that Nigeria will likely be one of the last countries to get out of this pandemic with the attendant devastating effects on our economy due to prolonged international 'lockout'.

This warning first came before the Italian surfaced, when we started screaming ti shutdown the borders and forcibly quarantine international travellers.

I did say then that our slow actions will result in a delayed throughput meaning that while other countries will have troubleshooted and recovered we will still be grappling with the basics.

Now that much of Asia has restarted, Europe coming slowly online and the States forcing its economy open, who will want to have anything to do with a country whose feet has not found the bottom of the river. Who will invest in Nigeria to help substitute for lost oil revenue.

At all levels foreign invrstment inflow will be sparse because folks will be reluctant knowing we are far from stabilising the health of the country. Remember investment is competitive particularly when it is sparse in a global recession regime.

I have no indication yet any of my foreign partners are reconsidering anything but it concerns me seriously the way things are going and I am anxious this country reaches some sort of stability quickly before they begin to look sideways.

Nigeria must get over this pandemic fast. The 22,000 odd tests conducted so far after two months after the WHO declaration of a global pademic is just scandalous for a country the size and importance of Nigeria. Ridiculously low tests means grave uncertainty. Uncertainty is the bane of investment and at all levels.

For how long is this goverment going to depend on grants, loans and recoveries. When are we going to get back to work. Why are we so sluggish, so tardy at moving forward.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Perfecttouchade: 6:47am On May 08, 2020
You should expect this numbers from Lagos if true, a day to lockdown...market places like ile-epo were overcrowded for both returnees and home-base doing shopping abeg how those returnees no go infect homebase? Lagos fc don cast already competing with Kano fc, shoreline looking terrible

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by VFAP(m): 6:48am On May 08, 2020
TESTIMONY: FROM MY BLOOD SISTER, A NURSE IN USA. APOSTLE STEPHEN OKOCHA

Just got a call from my office (this morning 07/05/2020) I am negative . My colleague, after I warned her not to travelled to Florida for her birthday she refused. Now she got the virus (Covid-19). Worst still, she didn't tell anyone . The State place everyone of us on quarantine and today I got my result . Two people were affected a patient and a cleaner.

Please help me to say God thank you for saving my sister..Apostle Stephen Okocha

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by TodayNAlways: 6:55am On May 08, 2020
Three hundred and eighty what? In 24 hours? This should better be a joke.
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by jubrilELsudan: 6:57am On May 08, 2020
REST IN PEACE IN ADVANCE.

THESE FIGURES ARE FROM WHEN LAGOS AND OTHERS WERE ON TOTAL LOCK-DOWN.

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by datdudeAY: 7:00am On May 08, 2020
TheKingIsHere:
I dont believe this

Wake up dude!

This shit is real. Stay safe, stay alive.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by SpaceAngel: 7:01am On May 08, 2020
Lord have mercy
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Donaldoni: 7:04am On May 08, 2020
Forget about the number of cases!

Focus on the number of deaths!!

How many confirmed cases lead to death

Coronavirus is NOT for Africa. Hallelujah!!!
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by africanusvu(m): 7:04am On May 08, 2020
Liers.NCDC have been looking for a way to force economy into total lockdown.they have been complaining against the easing of lockdown
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Donaldoni: 7:08am On May 08, 2020
africanusvu:
Liers.NCDC have been looking for a way to force economy into total lockdown.they have been complaining against the easing of lockdown

True. Don't mind those loooonatics at NCDC! grin

All they want is a return to lockdown.

It will NEVER happen!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Tech55(m): 7:11am On May 08, 2020
innocential3032:
Audio covid19 keep going higher in nigeria

Your sense is paining you

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Farki: 7:11am On May 08, 2020
olaboy33:

Tuberculosis has a vaccine, Lassa Fever is easier to prevent and kills less people per year, HIV can't be spread unless you get the body fluids from an infected person inside you, I have touched, carried and played with several patients with HIV, I didn't get it, I can't do such with Covid-19. HIV also has medication which suppresses the virus so you can't die as long as you take them.

Covid-19 is highly contagious and difficult to track and you won't know if you can survive until you get it. So any HIV positive person who isn't taking medication can easily succumb to Covid-19 and die.

Don't take the benefits of modern medicine you enjoy for granted, protect yourself.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by ThatKING(m): 7:15am On May 08, 2020
hay123:
This sounds good. Since the trend now is to be falsifying figures to prove to the world that there is covid 19 un naija. They should keep loading the figures and be expecting Grant and aida. Other countries are busy looking for vaccine we are busy loading false figures. What a same.
no one is falsifying figures. I am very sure the people infected are way more than the NCDC have tested.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by annyz: 7:17am On May 08, 2020
Nbote:
E don dey red

Na from clap dance dey start...

Now I understand why foreign nationals evacuated their citizens out earlier knowing our capabilities.
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by mulerogold(m): 7:29am On May 08, 2020
Maybe Your state Edo should carry out more testing.
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Cosyfaith(f): 7:30am On May 08, 2020
Farki:

Tuberculosis has a vaccine, Lassa Fever is easier to prevent and kills less people per year, HIV can't be spread unless you get the body fluids from an infected person inside you, I have touched, carried and played with several patients with HIV, I didn't get it, I can't do such with Covid-19. HIV also has medication which suppresses the virus so you can't die as long as you take them.

Covid-19 is highly contagious and difficult to track and you won't know if you can survive until you get it. So any HIV positive person who isn't taking medication can easily succumb to Covid-19 and die.

Don't take the benefits of modern medicine you enjoy for granted, protect yourself.

Help me tell him o, imagine the crap he is saying. This covid-19 is just an eye-opener to the reasoning of the average so called educated Nigerians. The things I have read on nairaland from the 'in-your-face' educated people are unbelievable. I'm done looking at them the same way again. Highly disappointed to be honest. We are exposed, mostly educated but all over the place spewing trash about scam and conspiracy, some even want to go to isolation centers for confirmation. Lemme see anyone dragging Northerners, at least those ones are open knowledge and appropriate interventions can be proffered on them.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by cray91(m): 7:32am On May 08, 2020
Lagos Is Nigeria
DECENCY3:
This is seriously serious.

Lagos number keeps increasing as if they have a Target to hit. Lord please heal our land.

Abuja!!! This is good news

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What's This On My Thighs & Under My Scrotum? Please Help (Viewers Discretion) / I Am Only 24 And I Am Diagnosed Of Impotency, Why Is Life So Unfair? / 10 New Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria. Total Of 224 Cases. 27 Discharged, 5 Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.