Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours (47743 Views)

COVID-19: 381 New Cases Of #COVID19; Total 3526, discharged 601, death 107 / COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 / COVID-19 Toll: United States Records Over 2,400 Deaths In 24 Hours(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by Blindersoff: 10:57pm On Mar 31, 2020
DEADLY RISE UK coronavirus death rate DOUBLES as 381 including teen, 19, with no health problems die in 24hrs

THE UK coronavirus death rate doubled today as 381 people including a teen with no underlying health conditions died in 24 hours.

Britain's positive Covid-19 cases have also jumped - with 25,150 infected people - up 2,706 from yesterday.

The latest figures from the Department of Health reveal 381 people have died in 24 hours after a rise of 180 deaths in the same time period yesterday.

In England, the NHS today confirmed the death rate had also more than doubled from 159 yesterday to 367 today in the biggest 24-hour leap so far.

The latest victims were aged between 19 and 98 - with 28 having no previous medical conditions - bringing the total death toll in the country to 1,651.

The 19-year-old is the youngest coronavirus victim in the UK with no underlying health conditions.

Last week, the heartbroken family of a "very healthy" 19-year-old Italian chef living in London revealed he had died from suspected coronavirus.

Luca Di Nicola from Enfield, North London, was told by medics he had "nothing to worry about" after falling ill, La Repubblica newspaper reported.

The teen passed away on March 24 a day after being rushed to hospital with collapsed lungs.

North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust confirmed today a 19-year-old man had died after testing positive for the disease following his death.

Public Health Wales confirmed there have been seven further deaths - bringing their total to 69.

While in Northern Ireland, six more people have died, with their total deaths now at 28.

Today's figures only include those who have died in hospital after testing positive for the disease, so the true death toll is actually higher.

From the start of the crisis until March 20, at least 40 more people died from coronavirus in England and Wales than previously thought after hidden deaths at home were revealed for the first time.

New figures revealed 210 people died in England and Wales from the killer bug during that time period - 23 per cent more than official NHS numbers have shown.

NHS England and Public Health Wales had recorded 170 people died in hospital up to that date.

Once the Office of National Statistics work out the numbers since March 20, the most recent numbers will raise again.

Yesterday, the Department of Health reported 1,408 Covid-19 deaths in the UK - a rise of 180 from the previous day.

It marked the first time the daily increase in deaths has fallen for two consecutive days - suggesting drastic lockdown measures may be working.

At least four of those who died had no pre-existing medical conditions, the Department of Health said.

London remains the highest coronavirus hotspot with 122 of today's deaths in England happening in the capital.

But startling new figures revealed today how Sheffield and Slough are close behind.

Sheffield has recorded 59 cases per 100,000 people - just behind the 64 cases per 100,000 in the capital.

Meanwhile Slough, Berkshire, has recorded 49 cases per 100,000.

It is unclear exactly why Slough and Sheffield have been so badly hit by the virus.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11293555/uk-coronavirus-death-toll-doubles/?utm_medium=browser_notifications

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by Franzinni: 11:00pm On Mar 31, 2020
May their souls rest in peace ... Heaven must have a traffic jam these few days

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by ipobarethieves: 11:04pm On Mar 31, 2020
shocked sad China wan wipe the world ooo

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by Iyiataata92: 11:14pm On Mar 31, 2020
Science has beem overwhelmed. God is the last option standing. Let's go back to him

213 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by benuejosh: 11:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
Africa will shock the world. Ordinary, the death rate in Africa should have gone high but we're still on the low. Africa will be able to contain the virus and end the spread. Who knows if the cure will come from our herbal medicine? Anything is possible. My opinion.

413 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by CodeTemplar: 2:09am On Apr 01, 2020
That's scary o. like minimum of 15 every hour or one every 4 minutes. God help us o.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by CodeTemplar: 2:11am On Apr 01, 2020
benuejosh:
Africa will shock the world. Ordinary, the death rate in Africa should have gone high but we're still on the low. Africa will be able to contain the virus and end the spread. Who knows if the cure will come from our herbal medicine? Anything is possible. My opinion.
Keep consoling yourself. Ours is still behind in a sense because we came in contact last plus I believe our immune system is slightly ahead of many whitemen own.

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by Samnewspaper01: 11:09am On Apr 01, 2020
End time Virus.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by tillaman(m): 11:09am On Apr 01, 2020
381 within 24hours and someone said US Recorded 700+ within 24 hours
Now this is getting more scary, I thought they said it doesn’t pose much risk to those without pre existing medical conditions
Omo this is Biological warfare no doubts
How come China is recovering all of a sudden and I think I read it somewhere that the virus has different strands
Those bat eaters better start talking abeg for love of mankind

16 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by NwaNimo1(m): 11:09am On Apr 01, 2020
In hospital......this does not include those who are dead in self isolation!

10 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 01, 2020
I’m scared
Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by MrPRevailer(m): 11:09am On Apr 01, 2020
(24hours) Out of 381 people, how many confessed and trusted in Jesus (alone) as Lord and Saviour and asked for forgiveness of sins by the cleansing Blood of Jesus Christ. You see my friends, this is what matters most.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by Slawormir: 11:09am On Apr 01, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Too bad

What if am able to make the world realize that this whole Corona viruse has nothing to do with Wuhan

It started in Napoli Italy!
Around September last year
Roon9:

Pass the weed bro

My nigggar! Am dragging one right now!

I don't know if China can pay me for this if i should investigate more

Am in contact with the person who suffered this Corona viruse during September last year in Napoli ( Naples)

12 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by Perfecttouchade: 11:09am On Apr 01, 2020
Lord have mercy

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by Meedon: 11:09am On Apr 01, 2020
The End Of Premier League Forever

8 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by AbdulHakeem44(m): 11:10am On Apr 01, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Keep consoling yourself. Ours is still behind in a sense because we came in contact last plus I believe our immune system is slightly ahead of many whitemen own.
It definitely had to be. Take a look at our diets, we eat better and more natural foods than them. I strongly believe that if it were the era of our forefathers who eats everything natural (none in their food processed through lab or factory and no fertilizer), even if they have this coronavirus, they won't treat it and it will leave by itself cos their immune system is a top notch. Today we eat lot of junks in the name of civilization and balance diet.

Modif:It is a pity many Nigerians lack comprehensive skills. They intentionally or ignorantly quoted my comment without digesting the ingredients in it. Simply because I said our forefathers would resist the current epidemic in town (ie coronavirus) more than we do, they went back to dig history of how flu and plague killed many of them during their time to wash down my point. I never said they are resistant or immune to all diseases, I only said they would have resist this virus better than we do. Pls the Spanish flu and plague you all mentioned, compare the ratio of its death rate to Infected people with this coronavirus death rate to infected people and tell me if coronavirus can be termed as that dangerous for black man. Whether we like it or not, the coronavirus is not posing serious threat to Africa as it does to it Europe counterpart. Many of the infected people have recovered, even in China, they announced 76,000 recoveries from 81,000 infected people and u tell me that one our father will not resist. Coronavirus isn't even as dangerous as HIV to me. You can recover with the common drugs we have around. It only did much damage because of its novelty and poor immune system persons.

Take it or leave it, black man immune system is stronger than the whites and our forefathers immune system will successfully resist this coronavirus of a thing. That doesn't mean that they are immune to all diseases. Read and comprehend before you criticize pls.

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by Righteousness89(m): 11:10am On Apr 01, 2020
O my GOD! It's now taking teens! Mercy O LORD! We Plead For Mercy!

Having said that,
As the Covid-19 A.k.a Corona Virus Pandemic Continues to Impact and Ravage the entire World, it's Clear Eternity is Now on People's Minds.

I wanna ask, What if Today was Last day on Earth?

A Recent Report stated Approximately,
55.3 Million People Die Each year
151,600 People Die each day
6,316 People Die each hour
105 People Die Each Minute
Nearly 2 People Die every Second.

Know one knows His day!

Our lives on Earth is A Rehearsal for the Main life which is Forever and Ever.

If you Die Today , Do you know Where you are Going? Settle This Matter NOW as only those who still have Breathe can do it. There is No Repenting after Death. Even if all the Big Pastors, Bishop, pope, Iman or whatever prays for forgiveness! It's a Waste of Time and Prayer! Mercy Expires at Death! Settle the Matter Now you Have Life.

Heaven and Hell are Very Real and Literal places. We all Must Spend Eternity in One of These Destinations..

Believing and Surrendering to JESUS CHRIST grants you Access to Heaven.

Refusing to Accept and Believe in JESUS CHRIST grants Access to Hell!

THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT Now you have Life! Once Mr. Death comes Calling, The Ball Shifts From your Court To HIS Court!

CHOOSE WISELY!

See our Signature if you Choose to Accept JESUS CHRIST..

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by 24krests: 11:10am On Apr 01, 2020
cool
Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by Hisxellency: 11:10am On Apr 01, 2020
This is getting out of hand! I feel for those losing their loved ones at a time like this, its quite unfortunate.

I still believe in God Almighty who will put this mess to an end. Stay safe wherever you are and put your trust in him

The once lively world is becoming dull of recent.. Very pathetic. Save your people Lord!

7 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by Bbbwings: 11:10am On Apr 01, 2020
Meanwhile one stupid idiot is saying we don't need ventilators because we don't have high casualty yet.
God, why you allow dem born me for this shithole.

The oxygen tank is just getting ready in k- state.
The place was literally in cobwebs

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by 24krests: 11:10am On Apr 01, 2020
The ****
Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by Chronicle222: 11:10am On Apr 01, 2020
2 days ago, I watched a program "TALK TO ALJAZEERA" where a top WHO official was talking. He said "Africa countries (Nigeria) are the best in position to fight dis VIRUS because they have fought and experienced this type of situation (ebola) b4 and able to minimised the casualties unlike the Europe and other continents that it alien to it and haven't experience something of such in the last 50 years or more. But still the success of Africa will be determine by their good. Government and the way they handle the situation " may God save us

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by obagolord(m): 11:10am On Apr 01, 2020
See country who are even fighting the virus are facing calamity while we are neglecting it.... God is really protecting us
#Shalom
#Greatness

8 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by contigiency(m): 11:10am On Apr 01, 2020
God have mercy on my household and the whole world

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by Martinola(m): 11:10am On Apr 01, 2020
Oluwa oo
Dari ese ji wa oo
Abi kini a maa se bayii?

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by ddippset(m): 11:10am On Apr 01, 2020
Too bad;

Never knew I'd witness such a plague in my lifetime.

God bless the world!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by Romanoff(f): 11:10am On Apr 01, 2020
benuejosh:

Who ever created this virus probably targeted Caucasians and mongoloids.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by xrayj(m): 11:10am On Apr 01, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Don't u think our weather is playing a role in curbing d spread & severeness of this virus?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by PureGoldh(m): 11:10am On Apr 01, 2020
Dx is serious
Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by Onlinealaba(m): 11:11am On Apr 01, 2020
Seems we have our own problem already and God is saving our arse down here if not these would have been so catastrophic for we Nigerians and Africans due to bad leadership
Affordable used top notch Smart TVs and sound bar Available
Re: Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours by XploraBen(m): 11:11am On Apr 01, 2020
Sad development cry

To now even think this is one of the countries that has the best medical facilities. Shocking I must say.

We pray this pandemic vanish away quickly.

RIP to the dead.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) / Woman Preparing To Travel Abroad Dies After Falling Into A Soakaway Pit. Photos / One Thing I Did To Clear My Severe Pimples( Pics& Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.