Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown (83145 Views)

Wike Orders Task Force To Destroy 500 Impounded Commercial Motorcycles / Wike Orders Arrest Of PHED CEO, Sends Him To Isolation Center / Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by engrchykae(m): 11:03pm On May 08, 2020
martineverest:
does he know the implications of his actions?
because the owners of nijeriya are above the law since AD buhari
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by slerry(f): 11:04pm On May 08, 2020
am willing to buy a cow for #1500
anyone with useful information as at when dey will start auctioning should plz tell me.
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by senatordave1(m): 11:19pm On May 08, 2020
engrchykae:
because the owners of nijeriya are above the law since AD buhari
When el rufai does this tomorrow, what will you say
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by Marcobos12: 11:43pm On May 08, 2020
junketer:
I swear if every southern politician were like wike, the north for dey hear am. Na wike fit them. No be those ones wey dey declare fasting and praying for fulani herdsmen. Nonsense.

God forbid. Have you been to River State before or you are just here reading some cooked lies. This is the worst Governor in the whole of southern region. The governor who will snap fake photos and present them as projects, the governor who promised to pay copper alowee only to disappear after helping him rig elections, the governor who has scrapped all bursary benefits to River State students. I used to read all these lies online but after spending few months here, I now realize that wike A. K. A wicked had been deceiving Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by Marcobos12: 11:55pm On May 08, 2020
Nothing like that happened. I am here in this port Harcourt. Why did wike media like dishing out fake news all the time, so as to eulogies him. Idiotic governor
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by Oksman(m): 12:56am On May 09, 2020
sanemind2:
All this gangsters approach, no make sense

And a wimpy approach would have been the best?
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by thatigboman: 3:22am On May 09, 2020
Bekool:

I thought food items are exempted from this lockdown?
I tire o
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by Nobody: 4:27am On May 09, 2020
Bekool:

I thought food items are exempted from this lockdown?

The truck is supposed to travel with one driver, one passenger only.

And food stuffs.

That's the accompanying law.
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by NGpatriot: 4:50am On May 09, 2020
Naughtysite:

The truck is supposed to travel with one driver, one passenger only.

And food stuffs.

That's the accompanying law.

You and Wike's made up law.
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by Ikpongiton: 4:51am On May 09, 2020
Upon all their chestbeatiog and false claim of feeding the entire world they can not remain in their Gmd forsaken desert ,atleast for this dangerous period.
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by MyMouth(m): 4:54am On May 09, 2020
[quote author=dominion001 post=89339153][/quote]
I didn't know u are this mad. U need to be quarantined to stop u from infesting ur family member with your strain of weaponized madness undecided
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by Ikpongiton: 5:06am On May 09, 2020
Sonoyom:
Wike should focus his effort and energy on securing the boarders of Rivers State rather than punish residents of the state. Whatever lockdown he is doing in the city would be a waste if the boarders are porous.
Borders are porous and will continue to be porous ,because they are man by security officers from the north
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by Okiibe(m): 6:51am On May 09, 2020
Sonoyom:

That was the reason i said more effort should be made towards securing the boarders. Security agents are just profiting from this Corona thing. Ogoni/Ikot Abasi is open Oyibo/Osisioma is still porous, in Imbiama it's the same thing.

Well, I wanted you to briefly appreciate Wike for not seating in his office and talking, but going to the field himself- leading from the front not minding if he gets exposed to the virus...

As for the security agents across the country's check points, I heard their cattons/bags of collecting the "tokens" from the mortorists gets filled up to the brim to the point the mortorists watch as the uniformed press the notes down repeatedly, hope you visualize that?

The Journalists are worried about some emergency powers acquired by governments during this pandemic period and weather such powers can be relenguished after the pandemic is over.
The concern rather is: how can the uniformed men at the check points in Nigeria feel and behave after then pandemic when they are used to bag-full of money daily?
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by Successlane: 7:01am On May 09, 2020
shekauvsbuhari:
My friend, wike is also a hypocrite. In Etche, bcs of herders menace destroying farmlands, the LGA chairman with de chiefs and indegenes set up a commitee to handle it n make fulani herders pay for damages. It was going well n it made de herders curtail their excesses. This was early last year before it was stopped bcs of some vested interests. This year, the LGA chairman wanted to restart it to protect the farmers in Etche. Wike ordered him to stop it entirely. Who is the loser? Etche farmers. Wike may not like buhari but he equaly has friends upnorth he does not like to offend. Prior to PDP primaries, he was ass-licking Sultan of Sokoto and Tambuwal. Even Sultan was invited to commission projects in Rivers state. Boy, forget that thing. They are all de same. Wike is kicking now bcs they have not treated him fine in the Covid19 funds.

You just hit the nail right on on the head.
All this na initial gra gra.
When his friends up north call him and after a FEW minutes charts on phone, you will hear this same Wike singing a different tune.
I just pity all this haters and wailers on both sides of the divide.
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by jaxxy(m): 8:25am On May 09, 2020
maxzzo1:

Amateur thinking wike is a lawyer, the wife is a Judge he knows his onion wella

Then he shud follow the law and not abuse the law and power. Wike is misbehaving.

This a a covid19 lockdown not a customs or contra band issue. The country and everybody is suffering from the situation let not make it worse for them.
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by jaxxy(m): 8:40am On May 09, 2020
madridsta007:

One thing the Fulani North fear is a response that matches their response and madness.
One there is a sign of it, they retreat and run.
God bless and protect Wike for the South and for Nigeria.

Blocking delivery of goods is the wonderful response in a covid19 lockdown? Northern governors don't behave like this except for el rufai which most people hate.
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by Sonoyom(m): 8:40am On May 09, 2020
Okiibe:

Well, I wanted you to briefly appreciate Wike for not seating in his office and talking, but going to the field himself- leading from the front not minding if he gets exposed to the virus...

As for the security agents across the country's check points, I heard their cattons/bags of collecting the "tokens" from the mortorists gets filled up to the brim to the point the mortorists watch as the uniformed press the notes down repeatedly, hope you visualize that?

The Journalists are worried about some emergency powers acquired by governments during this pandemic period and weather such powers can be relenguished after the pandemic is over.
The concern rather is: how can the uniformed men at the check points in Nigeria feel and behave after then pandemic when they are used to bag-full of money daily?
If you have traveled through our land boarders before Covid especially the Ogoni-Ikot Abasi axis you would have noticed something that the security agents are line up every 50metres and you must drop at least 100naira at every check point. It's definitely not a new problem, the people in authority were silent about bribes at land boarders and now the problem has grown bigger than them.

1 Like

Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by jwax: 8:56am On May 09, 2020
Are those cows not among essential services?

Their only mistake is concealing people in that truck.
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by Nobody: 9:52am On May 09, 2020
robosky02:

I think you should be tested honestly ..... If you are...

Somebody broke the law, when they say

1 don't enter here ..... They entered

2. Don't bribe ... They paid 1500 imaging

3 don't bring in Fulani.... They hide them inside truck behind the cows

And you are saying black bla bla...

Please can we learn to obey government?
Tested for what ?
I believe the coronavirus has infected your brain.
I did not say they should go scot free.
(a) I said the Rivers State government should ask the owners of the trucks to pay half of what the trucks can be sold if the government wants to sell it .
(b) The truck drivers should be tested for coronavirus and if they don't have the virus then they should be made to undergo compulsory community service for about a month without an option of fine.
(c) Half of the cattles should be seized.
E.g If 200 cattles are seized the government should take 100 of the cattles and give back the remaining 100 to the owners(after all cattles are essential goods).
The government did not place a ban on essential goods such as cattles from passing state borders. Their only crime was smuggling people with the cattles across state borders.
The governor forgave a pregnant lady who violated the lockdown order by the state government,it does not make him weak,foolish or bias,it only shows that he is human.
Ordinarily,the pregnant lady should have been made to face the full consequences but the governor forgave her. She didn't violate the lockdown orders out of ignorance.
(a) Do you know what it takes to rear cattles from Infancy to the stage which they can be sold ?
(b) Do you know how much a cattle is sold in the market ?
You are saying that they should seize all their cattles,they should auction the trucks.
If what you meant by your comment is implemented l, it would only push the herdsmen who owns those cattles to pour out their rage on strangers especially southerners living in their state.
Those herdsmen have trekked inside bushes, forest,in the sun, rain and harmattan for over 10 years for those cattles to be reared to market consumption stage.
The governor of Rivers state should also use the same compassionate wisdom he used in handling the situation of the pregnant woman in handling the issue of the trucks and cattles that have been seized by the Rivers state government.
The frustration of loosing all those cattles can push those herdsmen who own the cattles into depression leading to suicidal thoughts, crime and terrorism.
I believe you are not only confused but biased as well, below is your comment on the pregnant lady wike pardoned.You really need deliverance.
Politics / Re: Lockdown: Governor Wike Pardons A Pregnant Woman (Video) by robosky02(m): 7:17pm On May 08
Wine is kind hearted
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by bigcasava1(m): 9:57am On May 09, 2020
Wike you be man!
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by moriss33(m): 10:00am On May 09, 2020
Wetin concern Mrs Odili with wike ??...Incase u have forgotten...his wife is a judge too
oyeb15:
The law will soon take its course on him too. FG should just cage Mrs Odili, then Wike becomes a nobody.
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by Okiibe(m): 10:06am On May 09, 2020
Sonoyom:

If you have traveled through our land boarders before Covid especially the Ogoni-Ikot Abasi axis you would have noticed something that the security agents are line up every 50metres and you must drop at least 100naira at every check point. It's definitely not a new problem, the people in authority were silent about bribes at land boarders and now the problem has grown bigger than them.
[code][/code]

It's a bad thing still. How can the people of the region, with their political connections and might keep quiet while their populace keep getting exploited.
It has become so bad that officers give incentives so as to get posting to the Nigeria Delta. At the end, the masses will pay for the sortings which led to the transfer to the oil-rich ND.

When will their leaders wake up
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by robosky02(m): 10:12am On May 09, 2020
Love4God:

Tested for what ?
I believe the coronavirus has infected your brain.
I did not say they should go scot free.
(a) I said the Rivers State government should ask the owners of the trucks to pay half of what the trucks can be sold if the government wants to sell it .
(b) The truck drivers should be tested for coronavirus and if they don't have the virus then they should be made to undergo compulsory community service for about a month without an option of fine.
(c) Half of the cattles should be seized.
E.g If 200 cattles are seized the government should take 100 of the cattles and give back the remaining 100 to the owners(after all cattles are essential goods).
The government did not place a ban on essential goods such as cattles from passing state borders. Their only crime was smuggling people with the cattles across state borders.
The governor forgave a pregnant lady who violated the lockdown order by the state government,it does not make him weak,foolish or bias,it only shows that he is human.
Ordinarily,the pregnant lady should have been made to face the full consequences but the governor forgave her. She didn't violate the lockdown orders out of ignorance.
(a) Do you know what it takes to rear cattles from Infancy to the stage which they can be sold ?
(b) Do you know how much a cattle is sold in the market ?
You are saying that they should seize all their cattles,they should auction the trucks.
If what you meant by your comment is implemented l, it would only push the herdsmen who owns those cattles to pour out their rage on strangers especially southerners living in their state.
Those herdsmen have trekked inside bushes, forest,in the sun, rain and harmattan for over 10 years for those cattles to be reared to market consumption stage.
The governor of Rivers state should also use the same compassionate wisdom he used in handling the situation of the pregnant woman in handling the issue of the trucks and cattles that have been seized by the Rivers state government.
The frustration of loosing all those cattles can push those herdsmen who own the cattles into depression leading to suicidal thoughts, crime and terrorism.

Leave the pregnant woman case

They should be punished

Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by Nobody: 10:18am On May 09, 2020
Wike is working, I expect the barely literate Northern Leaders will threaten violence on southerners in the North.
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by Nobody: 10:30am On May 09, 2020
robosky02:

Leave the pregnant woman case

They should be punished
It seems you don't read people's comments before responding.
(a) Do you know how much the truck owners would pay if they are to pay half of what the government wants to sell the trucks ?
(b) Do you know what it means to undergo compulsory community service without an option of fine?
(c) Do you know what it means to lose half of their cattles which they reared for over a decade under the sun, rain and harmattan, in bushes and in forest, trekking through states to the government of Rivers state ?
You had better stop drinking and be sober so that your human conscience can wake up and you can stop making contradictory comments.
Below is your comment on the pregnant lady wike forgave and you are against any single form of liniency being applied in this case.
Politics / Re: Lockdown: Governor Wike Pardons A Pregnant Woman (Video) by robosky02(m): 7:17pm On May 08
Wine is kind hearted
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by madridsta007(m): 11:53am On May 09, 2020
jaxxy:

Blocking delivery of goods is the wonderful response in a covid19 lockdown? Northern governors don't behave like this except for el rufai which most people hate.

If the "delivery of goods" was honest, the men wouldnt have been hiding inside the belly of the lorry and under the cows. They wouldnt have had to bribe their way to enter the State, like they did. They would have moved in normally as they often did.
They didnt.
So it was clearly suspicious and contravening State Assembly passed laws. That, my friend, is called a crime. I know it is shocking that in Nigeria people still have to face the law for their crimes, but it is the right thing to do.
Of course you know this, but you just want to talk.
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by jaxxy(m): 12:04pm On May 09, 2020
madridsta007:

If the "delivery of goods" was honest, the men wouldnt have been hiding inside the belly of the lorry and under the cows. They wouldnt have had to bribe their way to enter the State, like they did. They would have moved in normally as they often did.
They didnt.
So it was clearly suspicious and contravening State Assembly passed laws. That, my friend, is called a crime. I know it is shocking that in Nigeria people still have to face the law for their crimes, but it is the right thing to do.
Of course you know this, but you just want to talk.

What state assembly law are u talking about? grin wike can't stop people moving through the state to other states without federal directive.. Those are presidential orders only.

Does wike himself obey the law by abusing his powers
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by madridsta007(m): 12:30pm On May 09, 2020
jaxxy:

What state assembly law are u talking about? grin wike can't stop people moving through the state to other states without federal directive.. Those are presidential orders only.

Does wike himself obey the law by abusing his powers

OK.
Wike is simply learning from Buhari who has constantly flouted and cherrypicked the court orders he wants to follow.
Perhaps if Buhari had upheld the rule of law, Wike would have been morally compelled to do so.
Now he isn’t.
And others are doing so, blocking Nigerians from entering their states, chasing Nigerians from state to state.
The centre has empowered them. That is where your grouse should be focused on.
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by donb06: 12:37pm On May 09, 2020
madridguy:
Soldiers should start flogging people for what exactly? Na so our leaders like us reach? Or you think they're protecting us in anyway? You need to wake up bro.

Please OOOO.... So Buhari don't like us?? sad
Just asking because it seems u re very close to him
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by donb06: 12:42pm On May 09, 2020
AbdulCLO:
This governor is a joker... Let him try it and see in fact it is just for the media. Cattles are essential goods allowed which everybody knows and for those people breaking the law the fine was 10,000 naira or go to 6 month jail term. He should not even try to sell those cow because the fulanies won't take it likely and this will cause another set of killings in the state

Which state.....have u been to port Harcourt before.... Boys are looking for job to do...a 1000 man task force being paid just 20k per month will flush every herdsman from the state....rivers State na crazy state ooo
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by donb06: 12:48pm On May 09, 2020
solreb:

Yes oh. Food items are exempted. And these guys were even going to Oyigbo. It is just weird what Wike is doing turning law on its head.

The problem is not the cow.... The problem is these Fulani hiding within the cows to troupe into the state.... It is suspicious joor. given the high rate of criminality perpetrated by these guys.... Wike might be loud. But in this he did right.... I will only advise him not to auction the vehicles and cows but prosecute those guys wella
Secondly.... Northern governors are busy flouting the Law by chasing almajiris(Nigerians) from their states...u guys didn't complain na wike Una dey call
Re: Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown by madridguy(m): 12:59pm On May 09, 2020
Don't bring baba Buhari here

donb06:

Please OOOO.... So Buhari don't like us?? sad
Just asking because it seems u re very close to him

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photos: Dino Melayes Security Car, Caravan, Wall Riddled With Bullets / 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues / Customs Closes Gate To Stop Oyo Govt From Returning 1,800 Bags Of Rice (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.