Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,787 members, 7,956,007 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:07 PM

Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians (3200 Views)

Indicators Of Mature Christians / 10 Ways To Heal From Spiritually Transmitted Diseases / OPC Members Fortify Themselves And Their Weapons Spiritually In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by paxonel(m): 8:16am On May 16, 2020
Eulalia:

And I repeat, such a day will never come to pass in my life rather it is YOU! Who will experience such in Jesus name.
Amen.
grin grin grin grin grin
Why are you bittered and being hateful?
Now your true color is coming out, no more born again pretencegrin

For your info, I'm already married with two kids, i love my wife so much and i have absolutely no reason to divorce her

Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by Nobody: 8:34am On May 16, 2020
paxonel:
grin grin grin grin grin
Why are you bittered and being hateful?
Now your true color is coming out, no more born again pretencegrin

For your info, I'm already married with two kids, i love my wife so much and i have absolutely no reason to divorce her

Oh... But when you were wishing me that, you didn't realize it was a hateful thing. Now it redirected at you and you're spitting venom and condemnation. I know your type. You can never box me into a corner. Ok?
I still repeat, that which you wish me, will be your lot! Perceive it any way you want.

Good day!
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by paxonel(m): 8:42am On May 16, 2020
Eulalia:

Oh... But when you were wishing me that, you didn't realize it was a hateful thing. Now it redirected at you and you're spitting venom and condemnation. I know your type. You can never box me into a corner. Ok?
I still repeat, that which you wish me, will be your lot! Perceive it any way you want.

Good day!
you miss understood me!
I didn't wish you that you will marry a terrible born again person i don't know what you are thinking grin
I was telling you that there are terrible people out there who claimed to be born again perhaps you were doubting if there is anyone like that.

Don't allow this hatred for people you perceived not to be born again to consume you, be careful grin
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by Nobody: 9:11am On May 16, 2020
paxonel:
you miss understood me!
I didn't wish you that you will marry a terrible born again person i don't know what you are thinking grin
I was telling you that there are terrible people out there who claimed to be born again perhaps you were doubting if there is anyone like that.

Don't allow this hatred for people you perceived not to be born again to consume you, be careful grin

And who's talking about marrying one? Just putting your words back to you. Simple!

Please I do not HATE non- born agains. Stop putting words into my mouth. I beg you.
Maybe you need to work on your complexes or better still, give your life to Christ so you can have rest of mind.

Shalom. wink
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by HeavenlyHolines(m): 9:20am On May 16, 2020
Thanks my dear. Let him follow his own will.
Eulalia:

Bro please ignore this fellow. Don't let him drag you on unnecessarily. The Bible is there for everyone and you have made it clear enough. So stop stressing.
God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by HeavenlyHolines(m): 9:21am On May 16, 2020
Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
paxonel:
a fact that all foster parents are hostile to children which are not their own?
ahh! that is a wrong excuse for not doing what is right Bro, you can't generalize and conclude that way.
OK, what about people who go to orphanage homes to adopt children which are not their own are all of them hostile to the children simply because they didn't give birth to them?

I assume you are a pastor, please tell your people the truth.
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by Nobody: 9:23am On May 16, 2020
HeavenlyHolines:
Thanks my dear. Let me follow his own will.

You're welcome, dear.smiley
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by Mdmelijah: 9:36am On May 16, 2020
Eulalia:

I want us to consider the fact that Bible says let the bro remain unmarried as long as the ex wife is alive. Does that not come to play here? According to bro Paul.

Yes he just got divorced traditionally. They did Church too.

Thanks for your input.
1 Corinthians 7:15
But if the unbelieving partner separates, let it be so. In such cases the brother or sister is not enslaved. God has called you to peace.
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by Mdmelijah: 9:42am On May 16, 2020
Eulalia:
Is it right for a bornagain sis to marry a divorced Christian bro that the ex wife is still alive?
As in, lets say the Bro is a real believer but just got out of a young marriage not up to a year due to infidelity issues.
If the brother has been refunded the dowry and other things. Is he free to remarry. And if he's a pastor.

Please urgent answers from mature ones.
Thank you.
If the sister, the pastor's wife, is a believer who made a mistake of committing adultery and God was the one who joined them.

The pastor should either forgive her
or he can put himself under the parameters of the law and divorce her but he shouldn't marry again.

This new interested sister must understand the parameters of his first marriage, and the divorce. If the pastor's wife is a believer like she is, she shouldn't near that pastor.

And yes adultery is like a partner has died.
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by Mdmelijah: 9:44am On May 16, 2020
fykes:

Divorce is very much an option my dear.. I will never be in an abusive relationship, I will never support one,
All I am saying is that before the divorce, sufficient moves must have been made to reconcile and repair the union. Even the law court does takes ample time to ratify divorces... You will be told that the duty of the court is to explore all avenues to heal the union and only on grounds of irreconcilable differences are divorces granted.
As xtians, then we must not only do but let it be seen to be done that everything was done to save the soul of the defaulter before such a one is being cast off
So in essence, for me, a marriage less than a year has no reason to be annulled even sexual immorality won't suffice if the man is a practising xtian. Remember our standard is supposed to be higher than the world standards at least. Ask urself if it was d man cheating won't the woman be encouraged to stay even by other pastors wives? Marriage isn't for boys and maturity isn't a function of age.
a woman is bound to a husband to serve him. Men are not.
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by Mdmelijah: 9:46am On May 16, 2020
fykes:

Apostle Paul was speaking to the church in admonition to how they where supposed to live. I believe it was a sound doctrine he preached.
But hear Jesus himself "But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery." Matt 5:32
that is the grounds of sexual immortality is sufficient for a divorce and remarrying. #simple
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by Mdmelijah: 9:51am On May 16, 2020
Missyajoke:

If the sister was lead by God to marry the brother no problem if not she should forget about him. Why did the brother live the marriage in the first place.
lol the way people fake leading this days cheesy

Eulalia the sister is she been lead or does it seem like a quick replacement
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by Mdmelijah: 9:54am On May 16, 2020
Eulalia:

I think he divorced her on infidelity grounds.

How can one be led to marry someone? Is it like a spiritual force propelling you or you just liking Someone?
Thanks
I have handle a case where it happened, but in that case the pastor's wife wasn't a believer and several attempts and years had passed and the Lord permitted a moving forward through various mouth pieces

It was not a rush, rush thing. Because the separation from his wife was affection his ministry.
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by Nobody: 9:55am On May 16, 2020
Mdmelijah:
1 Corinthians 7:15
But if the unbelieving partner separates, let it be so. In such cases the brother or sister is not enslaved. God has called you to peace.

Sir, this verse you just quoted is not talking about divorce. Here bro Paul was talking about letting go of an unbeliever as a result of getting born again along the line (after both of you got married as unbelievers) while your partner refuses to get born again and wishes to go.

The topic here says the Pastor divorced his wife because of adultery. Which is clearly written that its allowed but that he must remain unmarried. Hope this is clear enough, Sir.
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by fykes(m): 10:03am On May 16, 2020
Mdmelijah:
That is warped reasoning and shallow wisdom.
Nobody is bound to another for service... A wife is different from a slave.
If u as a man cannot love ur wife as u love urself u have no business with marriage.
Actually as Christianss our order of priority should be
God
Spouse /family
Self.
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by Mdmelijah: 10:03am On May 16, 2020
Eulalia:

Sir, this verse you just quoted is not talking about divorce. Here bro Paul was talking about staying married to an unbeliever or getting born again along the line (after both of you got married as unbelievers) while your partner refuses to get born again.

The topic here says the Pastor divorced his wife because of adultery. Which is clearly written that its allowed but that he must remain unmarried. Hope this is clear enough, Sir.
Read that verse again as many times as you would like, ask the Holy Spirit as well.

Use as many translation as possible it still speaks of divorce, separation.

Because one's view must be subject to scripture irrespective of what that view is. You don't change the meaning of a verse because you disagree with it.
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by Mdmelijah: 10:04am On May 16, 2020
fykes:

That is warped reasoning and shallow wisdom.
Nobody is bound to another for service... A wife is different from a slave.
If u as a man cannot love ur wife as u love urself u have no business with marriage.
Actually as Christianss our order of priority should be
God
Spouse /family
Self.
so God that said so has according to you a warped reasoning and a shallow wisdom shocked
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by Nobody: 10:08am On May 16, 2020
Mdmelijah:
lol the way people fake leading this days cheesy

Eulalia the sister is she been lead or does it seem like a quick replacement

Ah... That I can't say if she was being led. I only know about the pastor. Its not really about the sister but the Pastor. She could just be a random member or worker but I believe she thinks the Pastor would know better that was why she accepted.
The matter was not really trashed as members were hushed at some point to stop asking questions and that was how it died down. But I still wanted to know if it was right? So that other pastors or members don't start tailing that path since a pastor did it and got away with it.
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by fykes(m): 10:09am On May 16, 2020
Mdmelijah:
so God that said so has according to you a warped reasoning and a shallow wisdom shocked
Give me a Bible quotation... Show me what u said in the Bible.
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by Mdmelijah: 10:13am On May 16, 2020
fykes:

Give me a Bible quotation... Show me what u said in the Bible.
Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by Mdmelijah: 10:14am On May 16, 2020
paxonel:
it is good for divorced couples to forgive and reconcile no doubt. But what if for example the man keeps batters the woman and subject her to domestic violence as a result of that there is break up, will you advice that the woman should go back to the man and continue to endure the domestic violence in the name of keeping her marriage?

Please give your sincere answer
Yes, except he divorce her or dies
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by Mdmelijah: 10:16am On May 16, 2020
HeavenlyHolines:
In that case,the affected spouse can leave until the other spouse is truly saved. Both of them can't remarry either.
where is a wife in scripture permitted to leave her husband house or abandon her home?
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by fykes(m): 10:22am On May 16, 2020
Mdmelijah:
Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
I’ll multiply your pains in childbirth;
you’ll give birth to your babies in pain.
You’ll want to please your husband,
but he’ll lord it over you.”msg Bible.

To the woman he said, 'I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you. '" ... Your desire shall be contrary to husband, but he shall rule over you.”" NIV.

Then he said to the woman, 'I will sharpen the pain of your pregnancy, and in pain you will give birth. And you will desire to control your husband, but he will rule over you.'"NLT
You are responsible for getting knowledge. PAY THE PRICE
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by Mdmelijah: 10:26am On May 16, 2020
fykes:

I’ll multiply your pains in childbirth;
you’ll give birth to your babies in pain.
You’ll want to please your husband,
but he’ll lord it over you.”msg Bible.

To the woman he said, 'I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you. '" ... Your desire shall be contrary to husband, but he shall rule over you.”" NIV.

Then he said to the woman, 'I will sharpen the pain of your pregnancy, and in pain you will give birth. And you will desire to control your husband, but he will rule over you.'"NLT
You are responsible for getting knowledge. PAY THE PRICE

Glad to see you finally agree on what God said smiley
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by fykes(m): 10:31am On May 16, 2020
Mdmelijah:

Glad to see you finally agree on what God said smiley
Buhari rules over u... Tell me exactly how u are bound to him to serve him?
Governors rule over us..are we bound to see them?
Your parents ruled over u... Were u bound to them in service..?
Oga quoting the Bible out of context to suit ur logic is ur own personal malady.
I believe whoever can read can see clearly the difference in what the Bible say and what u infer.
Ur inferences cannot change facts.
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by Nobody: 10:55am On May 16, 2020
Hmm...may the holy spirit open our eyes of understanding.
Let's just take it easy with misinterpreting the Bible.

Shalom.
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by HeavenlyHolines(m): 11:56am On May 16, 2020
Proverbs 22:3 A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.
Proverbs 19:8 He that getteth wisdom loveth his own soul: he that keepeth understanding shall find good.
Proverbs 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 19:8 He that getteth wisdom loveth his own soul: he that keepeth understanding shall find good.
In the case where there is threat to life or battery or any violent act that might claim any of the spouse life, wisdom is profitable to direct. It's better at that moment to leave for a temporary time. Shalom
Mdmelijah:
where is a wife in scripture permitted to leave her husband house or abandon her home?
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by Mdmelijah: 12:03pm On May 16, 2020
fykes:

Buhari rules over u... Tell me exactly how u are bound to him to serve him?
Governors rule over us..are we bound to see them?
Your parents ruled over u... Were u bound to them in service..?
Oga quoting the Bible out of context to suit ur logic is ur own personal malady.
I believe whoever can read can see clearly the difference in what the Bible say and what u infer.
Ur inferences cannot change facts.
you are obligated to obey them?

Go and travel now. Hmmm

Go out late at night say 11pm without a nose mask. Hmmm

Since you're not bound by any rules. Let me be watching you, maybe you'll make front page cheesy

This one you shifted from scripture to logic and you're still losing your point. (By the way shey you're free to not serve your parents, disobey and dishonor them abi, because there's no law that binds to do that cheesy)

1. You have not shown how the scripture was quoted out of context.

2. Do you want to claim to be wiser than God cheesy

Is there even any scripture that disagrees with what I sent. I only sent you a scripture, without inferring as you accused. The scripture basically taught it self.
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by fykes(m): 12:09pm On May 16, 2020
Mdmelijah:
Glad there a many more people on this thread show us how in your wisdom gen3: 16 supports this ur post.
How does ur husband being the head of ur union means that u r bound to serve him and he is not
I have given u different translations of what u quoted to show u that u quoted it out of context .
U simply got ur explanation of that verse wrong.
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by Mdmelijah: 12:11pm On May 16, 2020
HeavenlyHolines:
Proverbs 22:3 A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.
Proverbs 19:8 He that getteth wisdom loveth his own soul: he that keepeth understanding shall find good.
Proverbs 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 19:8 He that getteth wisdom loveth his own soul: he that keepeth understanding shall find good.
In the case where there is threat to life or battery or any violent act that might claim any of the spouse life, wisdom is profitable to direct. It's better at that moment to leave for a temporary time. Shalom

Ok, so where is the scripture na

Are we talking about a prudent man or are we speaking of being wise (based on human standard or God's standard)

Isn't there a story in scripture of a servant who ran away, I believe it was because of maltreatment right. Ok, what exactly was the servant told to do? It was Paul advising right?

Wait what about Hagar, what happened again. Ah wait, was it God or an angel that told her to go back, or was it run away. I guess according to you the angel was foolish, because you can't be saying God wasn't wise or can you.
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by Mdmelijah: 12:17pm On May 16, 2020
fykes:

Glad there a many more people on this thread show us how in your wisdom gen3: 16 supports this ur post.
How does ur husband being the head of ur union means that u r bound to serve him and he is not
You understand what it means to rule that's why you previously mentioned rulers.

Did scripture not say, that Sarah called Abraham and use it as an example to wives.

What a marriage, Abraham told his wive to serve his guests, doesn't he have servants, why didn't she say no like Vashti who is used as an example in scripture for what a wife shouldn't be.

A king serves his people but that doesn't make him a subject.

Submission is service, simple. Just as a man is subject to God, submits to God and serves God. Even though God serves us, he still and will also be master.
Re: Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians by HeavenlyHolines(m): 12:45pm On May 16, 2020
The case u mentioned about Paul to Philemon concerning Onesimus and Sarah and Hagar. Both issue has nothing to do with threat to life. What i am saying is if the case if brutal which might lead to death. I didn't say quarrel or misunderstanding or minor issue
Mdmelijah:

Ok, so where is the scripture na

Are we talking about a prudent man or are we speaking of being wise (based on human standard or God's standard)

Isn't there a story in scripture of a servant who ran away, I believe it was because of maltreatment right. Ok, what exactly was the servant told to do? It was Paul advising right?

Wait what about Hagar, what happened again. Ah wait, was it God or an angel that told her to go back, or was it run away. I guess according to you the angel was foolish, because you can't be saying God wasn't wise or can you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. / Is 2010 Rapture Year? ( Sriptural And Political Evidence)he That Has Ear's / Reverend Father Mbaka's Unfortunate Endorsement.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.