Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead (49736 Views)

Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 2 Feared Dead, 40 Trapped / A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead / Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead (2) (3) (4)

Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by apexc6754: 8:55pm On May 08, 2020
[color=#] 4018060[/color]
Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by AmuDimpka: 8:56pm On May 08, 2020
Exc2000:

they got data from CBN checking cash deposit within Ibadan and Oyo state, they also contacted FIRS to check Tax and Vat collected in Oyo, and they check state IGR and GDP and that gave them what they need to note that Oyo is richer than all SouthEast State except Anambra

Is that soooo these are the parameters of guaging economic development

I give up ...so over taxation and under taxation is a core
Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by Sunshineg5(m): 8:57pm On May 08, 2020
OFFICIAL336:

I am the richest but I top the social register of the most vulnerable Nigerians in the South.

Who am I?
South south
Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by OFFICIAL336: 8:58pm On May 08, 2020
Exc2000:

they got data from CBN checking cash deposit within Ibadan and Oyo state, they also contacted FIRS to check Tax and Vat collected in Oyo, and they check state IGR and GDP and that gave them what they need to note that Oyo is richer than all SouthEast State except Anambra
Keep consoling yourself with Yemi Bureau of Statistics.

You are the richest yet you top the social register of the most vulnerable Nigerians in the South.

You are the richest but you are the most indebted region.

You are the richest but you top the list for bailout funds.

Kindly explain how possible these are?
Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by OFFICIAL336: 8:58pm On May 08, 2020
Sunshineg5:
South south
SW is topping social register for the south.
Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by Sunshineg5(m): 9:00pm On May 08, 2020
OFFICIAL336:
SW is topping social register for the south.
See pictures below
Feel free to go through it

Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by Aktsmith104: 9:01pm On May 08, 2020
If people had complied to the lockdown rules victims will not have been much. Rest in peace to the dead. We pray God will comfort and console the families of the victims
Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by chichijessy: 9:02pm On May 08, 2020
Daddy G.O said it, we all need to be more prayerful
Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by OFFICIAL336: 9:02pm On May 08, 2020
AmuDimpka:

An average Yoruba person doesn't understand what IGR and VAT are.

That is what they use to measure regional richness.

SW imposes the highest taxes region in the country
SS follows
Then SE

According to Yemi Bureau of Statistics, since SW taxes their people more, then they most be the richest and since SE refuses to tax their people, then they most be the poorest.
Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by Exc2000: 9:04pm On May 08, 2020
OFFICIAL336:

Keep consoling yourself with Yemi Bureau of Statistics.

You are the richest yet you top the social register of the most vulnerable Nigerians in the South.

You are the richest but you are the most indebted region.

You are the richest but you top the list for bailout funds.

Kindly explain how possible these are?

what more do you need as an explanation? or do you need to remind you who and who gets marginalized in every Nigerian government policy?

our people get filled up in the social register not because they are poor, but because their son osinbajo is in power and just like Tradermoni, anchor borrowers and Npower we must enjoy this money as its our right wether poor or not

As for Debt.. we have one of the best Debt to GDP ration in Nigeria, meaning we borrow to develop.. and speaking of debt Lagos - Abeokuta - Ibadan Standard Guage rail line is part of Nigerian debt which your region would pay back while SouthWest enjoys the ride grin

Talk about Politics and Sophistication
Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by AmuDimpka: 9:07pm On May 08, 2020
OFFICIAL336:

SS follows
Then SE

According to Yemi Bureau of Statistics, since SW taxes their people more, then they most be the richest and since SE refuses to tax their people, then they most be the poorest.

LoL

This is crazy

What happened to disposable incomes, skills, HDI, paid jobs viz a viz the startup and self employment ecosystem, what about capital repatriation and overseas payment ! What about maternal mortality and child health! What about access to child education or girl child education...what about indices like nutrition

Places like Switzerland, Monaco, Maccau are tax heavens...so taxation is the worst way of doing statistics because some region might decide okay...I want to be at tax heavens to attract investment etc

This one na abracadabra stats
Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by Exc2000: 9:07pm On May 08, 2020
AmuDimpka:

I quoted GDP, FIRS data, IGR and CBN depositors data, yet you could only understand "Taxation" out of all this economic parameters.. how funny

as a matter of fact i'll let you give me your own data.. if you can quote any economic indices which SouthEast leads SouthWest I will apologise to you and take back my ascertion
Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by lastempero: 9:08pm On May 08, 2020
aleeyus:
this woman na savage
she walks as if nothing worry her
zoom and see her facial expression

Living in Nigeria alone is enough to stone u up.

Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by imanray37(m): 9:08pm On May 08, 2020
ManOfSteel2:
Tankers have always been known to wreck havoc since time immemorial.....

Can't decipher why an extra special emergency brake system can't be installed to checkmate cases of brake failure in PMS-laden tankers and commercial trucks

Same way we lost this particular aboki owing us over 800k and refused paying. Guess his case was more fatal than this. Lonely wife kept coming over to the office, maybe we would notice her.

I for one don't do over-stretched kpekus....

Special shout-out to the nonchalant woman in the 6th pics and RIP to those affected...

ManOfSteel wishes all friends and well wishers long life and prosperity!
fool only a yoruba man will start a sane comment and end up awefully useless
Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by Thonypadua(m): 9:09pm On May 08, 2020
OFFICIAL336:

SS follows
Then SE

don't mind them, that's how they will be marginalize us in everything.
Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by AsawanaDgreat: 9:12pm On May 08, 2020
Makinde sef
Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by AmuDimpka: 9:12pm On May 08, 2020
Exc2000:

what more do you need as an explanation? or do you need to remind you who and who gets marginalized in every Nigerian government policy?

our people get filled up in the social register not because they are poor, but because their son osinbajo is in power and just like Tradermoni, anchor borrowers and Npower we must enjoy this money as its our right wether poor or not

As for Debt.. we have one of the best Debt to GDP ration in Nigeria, meaning we borrow to develop.. and speaking of debt Lagos - Abeokuta - Ibadan Standard Guage rail line is part of Nigerian debt which your region would pay back while SouthWest enjoys the ride grin

LoL this is the most stupid of all excuses I have heard in recent years

So your people are comfortable begging and quiing up for social register..it them means that something is fundermentally wrong with your people or that they really don't have dignity. Trust me I know why I say this

Even in developed countries ...people are so ashamed of living on social benefits and welfare... The society sees such people that keep depending on welfare as never so well..I am talking from global perception.

No reasonable set of people are comfortable quing up in line for hand-outs...it robs one of dignity

Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by OFFICIAL336: 9:15pm On May 08, 2020
Exc2000:

You are really fullish with this your our people fill the register because their son is in power.

Do you think social register is owambe attendance register?

About the rail garage and SE paying, you are not another fullish.

You report your IGR, we don't tax our people. The incidence of that debt is not on us.

Onitsha main market alone will generate more IGR than the entire Osun but we don't tax our people, do you think we are foolish?

Ariria international market generates about 150m every years but there are a lot of traders worth millions in that market.

In fact, the trader themselves contributed money to build a power station for that market to show you how much that is made from there but the govt only collects 150m from the trader.

Make una continue deceiving unaselves.
Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by Exc2000: 9:20pm On May 08, 2020
AmuDimpka:

So your people are comfortable begging and quiing up for social register..it them means that something is fundermentally wrong with your people or that they really don't have dignity. Trust me I know why I say this

Even in developed countries ...people are so ashamed of living on social benefits and welfare... The society sees such people that keep depending on welfare as never so well..I am taking from the

stick to what you know and don't say trash... many brits are happy to move in to their council homes and get paycheck , social seciurity is not begging, its you getting back money as help from all the tax you had previously paid.. even americans gladly get their food stamp ad it is their right and not a form of charity

As you ignorantly think people are begging and quiing up for social register makes me understand you are far off reality of Nigeria, but to educate you.. social register is filled up at all ward unit with names of party loyalist across selected LGA, so party LGA boss does the fixing without queue and everybody gets the free Niger Delta money when the approval is made

But then I don't blame you... your people are very ignorant of how Nigerian mainstream politics works

Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by OFFICIAL336: 9:20pm On May 08, 2020
Exc2000:

I quoted GDP, FIRS data, IGR and CBN depositors data, yet you could only understand "Taxation" out of all this economic parameters.. how funny

as a matter of fact i'll let you give me your own data.. if you can quote any economic indices which SouthEast leads SouthWest I will apologise to you and take back my ascertion
Exclude Lagos, no Yoruba state is leading the SE in bank deposit holdings.

Which GDP? Nigeria doesn't even know her true GDP not to talk of sub-national GDPs.

Taxation has never been a measure of riches but per capita and SW can never beat SE in per capita unless Yemi falsifies another data.

Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by AmuDimpka: 9:20pm On May 08, 2020
Exc2000:

Oga I no fit shout ...just look at that picture and see how dirty that city street is...does that place look lie capital of a region ! The houses the environment look so unkempt...pictures says it all...I don't need to argue

Exc2000:

Even in developed countries ...people are so ashamed of living on social benefits and welfare... The society sees such people that keep depending on welfare as never so well..I am talking from global perception.

No reasonable set of people are comfortable quing up in line for hand-outs...it robs one of dignity
Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by Naijaarchive(m): 9:22pm On May 08, 2020
This year lásán
Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by AmuDimpka: 9:22pm On May 08, 2020
OFFICIAL336:

Exclude Lagos, no Yoruba state is leading the SE in bank deposit holdings.

Which GDP? Nigeria doesn't even know her true GDP not to talk of sub-national GDPs.

Taxation has never been a measure of riches but per capita and SW can never beat SE in per capita unless Yemi falsifies another data.

You get time to argue ...the picture says it all...compare that picture with when Onitsha that isn't at it isn't even a state capital
Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by OFFICIAL336: 9:22pm On May 08, 2020
Exc2000:

stick to what you know and don't say trash... many brits are happy to move in to their council homes and get paycheck , social seciurity is not begging, its you getting back money as help from all the tax you had previously paid.. even americans gladly get their food stamp ad it is their right and not a form of charity

As you ignorantly think people are begging and quiing up for social register makes me understand you are far off reality of Nigeria, but to educate you.. social register is filled up at all ward unit with names of party loyalist across selected LGA, so party LGA boss does the fixing without queue and everybody gets the free Niger Delta money when the approval is made

But then I don't blame you... your people are very ignorant of how Nigerian mainstream politics works

The 1 million boys and Awawa boys showed us how rich SW is
Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 08, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:
Osus and their reckless attitudes causing deaths as usual in the SW.
Do you have sense ( just asking) sad
Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by OFFICIAL336: 9:26pm On May 08, 2020
AmuDimpka:

LoL

This is crazy

What happened to disposable incomes, skills, HDI, paid jobs viz a viz the startup and self employment ecosystem, what about capital repatriation and overseas payment ! What about maternal mortality and child health! What about access to child education or girl child education...what about indices like nutrition

Places like Switzerland, Monaco, Maccau are tax heavens...so taxation is the worst way of doing statistics because some region might decide okay...I want to be at tax heavens to attract investment etc

This one na abracadabra stats
Exactly what I was explaining to some yorubas.

An average Yoruba believes that the higher the taxes, the richer the region.

I don't blame though, they have never produced a renowned Economist before.
Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by Exc2000: 9:26pm On May 08, 2020
OFFICIAL336:

You are really fullish with this your our people fill the register because their son is in power.

Do you think social register is owambe attendance register?

About the rail garage and SE paying, you are not another fullish.

You report your IGR, we don't tax our people. The incidence of that debt is not on us.

Onitsha main market alone will generate more IGR than the entire Osun but we don't tax our people, do you think we are foolish?

Ariria international market generates about 150m every years but there are a lot of traders worth millions in that market.

In fact, the trader themselves contributed money to build a power station for that market to show you how much that is made from there but the govt only collects 150m from the trader.

Make una continue deceiving unaselves.

we are talking of economic activities this one is talking of retailers market of a state which battles poverty at 20% to 40%... for every item sold in your village market, Lagos must have gotten atleast 20% of its value at apapa through direct and indirect tax, logistics , warehousing cost and many more.. and safe to say if the products are not imprted then it is manufactured within Lagos - Ibadan - ogun axis at Agbara industry estate, Oluyole industrial estate, Sango Ota industrial estate and many industries along lagos Ibadan express, and shipped to you village petty traders to hawk

The only reason you cant tax your people and only wait for Federal hand outs through sales of crude oil is that taxable people in your village region have all travelled to hustle in SouthWest and only come back during burials, Christmas or traditional wedding
Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by AmuDimpka: 9:27pm On May 08, 2020
Exc2000:

No well fed man or busy person goes to que up to collect stipends...that is what poor folks do

You can argue with your phone...I am done

Just look at a street in Ibadan that has been regional capital and state capital..these are indices ! Pictures don't like bro

I am out
Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by AmuDimpka: 9:36pm On May 08, 2020
OFFICIAL336:

Exactly what I was explaining to some yorubas.

An average Yoruba believes that the higher the taxes, the richer the region.

I don't blame though, they have never produced a renowned Economist before.

My dear there are things I don't even argue with them again...realities would hit them as education statistics hit them...we would wait till June July when the oil isn't selling and see how many state that will ask for bailout...do you know the most indebted region? It is SW

Please compare this Onitsha trailer burning with the one in Ibadan...mind you ibadan is both regional capital and state capital while Onitsha is none

Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by Exc2000: 9:39pm On May 08, 2020
AmuDimpka:

No well fed man or busy person goes to que up to collect stipends...that is what poor folks do

You can argue with your phone...I am done

Just look at a street in Ibadan that has been regional capital and state capital..these are indices ! Pictures don't like bro

I am out

you definitely are stuck in a village in SouthEast without broad world view so arguing with you is not worth

UK has some of the best residential upscale areas in the world yet when you get to some areas in peckham .. same way Dubai has some of the most expensive neighborhood like Palm Jumerah and Bur Dubai yet if you get to some places in Dierah Dubai you cant stand the stench for a minute among the pakis and the bangalees

so ibdan having places that doesn't fit your description of "rich" doesn't change anything, if you are educated bring fact and figures let us compare SouthWest with your landlocked village

Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by AmuDimpka: 9:43pm On May 08, 2020
Exc2000:

you definitely are stuck in a village in SouthEast without broad world view so arguing with you is not worth

UK has some of the best residential upscale areas in the world yet when you get to some areas in peckham .. same way Dubai has some of the most expensive neighborhood like Palm Jumerah and Bur Dubai yet if you get to some places in Dierah Dubai you cant stand the stench for a minute among the pakis and the bangalees

so ibdan having places that doesn't fit your description of "rich" doesn't change anything, if you are educated bring fact and figures let us compare SouthWest with your landlocked village

That place in the picture isn't filty...it is nothing and has absolutely nothing to show about the bugos stats...trust me bro

Pictures tells a thousand words...seeing is believing we are analysing the average street where average people stay in Ibadan ...this is it

Don't blame me...blame the picture bro
Re: Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead by Exc2000: 9:46pm On May 08, 2020
AmuDimpka:

That place in the picture isn't filty...it is nothing and has absolutely nothing to show about the bugos stats...trust me bro

Pictures tells a thousand words...seeing is believing we are analysing the average street where average people stay in Ibadan ...this is it

Don't blame me...blame the picture bro

as usual no proof, no stats nothing concrete, just some bitterness and jealousy of Ibadan

you would be alright las las

Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice / 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped / When Is It Right For A Landlord To Give Quit Notice?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75