Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC (106388 Views)

Nigerians Got Richer As Income Per Capita Surges To $5,250 In 2021 - World Bank / How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita-tvc News / Top 5 Millionaires Who Made Their Money Online And How They Did It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by clevybrown(m): 11:12am On May 09, 2020
ObafemiAwoIowo:
I want to marry you
I'll pm you
why u no go wan marry her after u don see breast... Men and breast shaaaaa grin grin

Obafemi, u are not good to b left alone wit a nice standing breast grin, such breast can never remain d same again grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by PigTormentor: 11:12am On May 09, 2020
MOSTLY DRUG BARONS.
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by benny4wax(m): 11:13am On May 09, 2020
Bro, good morning. Sorry I had to quote you so as to make my point. I was born in Kaduna, lived in Lagos and did my University in Anambra state University. I am not from Nnewi, but I am from Anambra. I am Igbo by tribe. Whatever I am going to tell you now is without bias.

In my final year in school, I was nominated by the parish priest in school to be the chairman organising committee of the Final Year forum. I and a few others had the task to raise funds to print brochure, cook food for the whole students and buy gifts for the Chaplaincy.

I and my committee members struggled to raise funds. One faithful day, I decided to visit Chikason group in Nnewi. After speaking with a man who looked so unkept about my plight he collected my account number and after a long while, a week to the event I received an alert of #500,000. It was like a miracle. I used part of the money to pay for for brochure and the rest on food and drinks and gift for the church.

It's a long story. The man called 2 days to the event to request for an invitation. He came, saw the happiness in the face of the graduands and asked me if I still need money to solve any more problem which I declined because half a million was more than enough.

Nnewi people are stupendously rich. Igbos are rich you will hardly know because the rich ones are not in government and they live a low-key life.
totit:

Stop being funny. You can't even defend your claim. grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by 9gerian: 11:13am On May 09, 2020
Ok. Here’s the issue:

When the same Forbes or others alike report similar several milestones and awards about Yorubas, a lot of Igbos instantly start throwing tantrums and discrediting such awards and reports saying it is because Yorubas infiltrated or influenced the awards or did the reporting etc etc.

Do you now see why others are able to fault this type of reports that eulogize the Igbos?

We can’t keep choosing what reports or awards we believe when it comes from the same source.

We should all learn to celebrate with those being celebrated!

OFFICIAL336:
From Forbes, read carefully

3 Likes

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Makuos19: 11:14am On May 09, 2020
clevybrown:
why u no go wan marry her after u don see breast... Men and breast shaaaaa grin grin

Obafemi, u are not good to b left alone wit a nice standing breast grin, such breast can never remain d same again grin grin grin
It is a packaged breasts not real.
Thats the more reasob she only snapped it without the face maybe to deceive people!!!
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by wese90(m): 11:14am On May 09, 2020
ObafemiAwoIowo:
I want to marry you
I'll pm you

Just like that

1 Like

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Makuos19: 11:15am On May 09, 2020
adadike:
Nnewi and ihiala but honestly, na Nnewi carry am. The day I went for my cousins' baby shower, chimo! .I missed my way , got directed to the landlord's personal house instead. Kai , I almost mistook the landlord for the gateman . The landlord was sitting at the gate, with bathroom slippers , Nokia torch and one bottle of hero beer. He told me plainly that he have so many houses for tenants, which particular one are you looking for? Ndi Nnewi, I throway yansh for una! Unu diegwu!!!
Weting u pack inside that chest
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Balogunodua(m): 11:15am On May 09, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
forget Forbes. You really thing Bezos or Bill Gates are the richest men in the world? Lol they only list people with declared, traceable and legit assets. I can categorically tell you there are many men of the underworld or even legit business men with untraceable assets that are richer than Bill gates but don’t show up on Forbes list.
If we go by your logic then Nnewi can not claim of having the highest number of billionaire in Africa or Nigeria.
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by ObafemiAwoIowo: 11:16am On May 09, 2020
clevybrown:

I'll pay her bride price ASAP
adadike is beautiful kiss

1 Like

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by anungangampu: 11:18am On May 09, 2020
And they also control Trade fair in lagos.
but lets say the truth Nnewi is the only town that didnt participate in the war because Ojukwu was from there and was well baricaded

1 Like

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by chyket(m): 11:19am On May 09, 2020
[quote author=Nbote post=89339058]Seriuosly Nnewi and Neni in Anambra state are something else[/quot
You can't compare Nnewi and Neni financially,infact Neni is not even among the top 10 in Anambra State.
Cross-check your facts.

2 Likes

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by LordShiva97(m): 11:19am On May 09, 2020
Rodwave:

Ụnụ bia na social media, unu emepe ọnu na akogheri. Inaro eje nzukọ ndị obodo unu? Obu ife nine ka unu ga na ekwu ebe ndị mba ọzọ nọ?
Ife a idere na ikpeazụ, ikwesiri ideya ka ndị mba ọzọ fu ya?
Malunu ife biko nuu

What's wrong with what the dude said huh, not every Southeasterner is pro-biafran and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that?

His advise is sound and wise though.
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by obainojazz(m): 11:20am On May 09, 2020
Okija in Ihiala is coming up.. cool
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by anungangampu: 11:20am On May 09, 2020
PigTormentor:
MOSTLY DRUG BARONS.
zero drug baron..
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by slimiyke(m): 11:21am On May 09, 2020
Coldie:
This is what I keep trying to tell a lot of igbos, trading is not the future, manufacturing is the future.

U can't own a shop and be dealing on hot drinks all your life, if u deal on hot drinks u have studied the market and known the hot drink with high demand. At a point go into the manufacturing of it.

One of the reasons why I dont support Biafra is Igbo land is situated richly for an industrial hub.

My plan is since we have a small landmass, and we can't expand this land mass, why not buy thousands of acres from surrounding states with the production centres/ industries in Igbo land.

Example thousands of acres in Benue, kogi, Delta, rivers and Cross rivers with the manufacturing unit in Igbo land.
Sounds more like an Economist....Very power industrial tip am already inspired

1 Like

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Nobody: 11:21am On May 09, 2020
Balogunodua:

If we go by your logic then Nnewi can not claim of having the highest number of billionaire in Africa or Nigeria.
Exactly my point. I believe the town with the most millionaires is probably somewhere in Yoruba land because na we dey do under G business pass lol.

Note I’m Yoruba myself o.

I have no doubt that Igbo land has the highest concentration of legit industrious businessmen and traders in the country though. That doesn’t necessarily mean they have the most raw cash.
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by YungJo207(m): 11:21am On May 09, 2020
adadike:
Nnewi and ihiala but honestly, na Nnewi carry am. The day I went for my cousins' baby shower, chimo! .I missed my way , got directed to the landlord's personal house instead. Kai , I almost mistook the landlord for the gateman . The landlord was sitting at the gate, with bathroom slippers , Nokia torch and one bottle of hero beer. He told me plainly that he have so many houses for tenants, which particular one are you looking for? Ndi Nnewi, I throway yansh for una! Unu diegwu!!!

Oh perfect you have been there....pls question does the title of millionaire and billionaire reflect on the city? Just want to know
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Makuos19: 11:21am On May 09, 2020
Balogunodua:

Is it Nnewi claim or TVC/Forbes claim

1 Like

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by ProT: 11:22am On May 09, 2020
TVC broadening their audience-reach by massaging the ego of some people; telling us what we all already know.

Nice strategy!

2 Likes

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Makuos19: 11:24am On May 09, 2020
ObafemiAwoIowo:
I'll pay her bride price ASAP
adadike is beautiful kiss
Not all that glitters are gold. Not every Breasts etc u see are real!!!
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by YungJo207(m): 11:24am On May 09, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
Exactly my point. I believe the town with the most millionaires is probably somewhere in Yoruba land because na we dey do under G business pass lol.

Note I’m Yoruba myself o.

I want to believe this is true cause if you go banana island,VGC,Ikoyi and Eko Atlantic my brother fear go catch you of how people get money for Lagos....you go see one boy go dey control money for him papa ( money laundering most time ) cause those boys dey ball home and away easy for them to be used.
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by TheSourcerer: 11:24am On May 09, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

The same account. grin
but why what would be the motif?
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by sircrabo: 11:25am On May 09, 2020
Two towns I respect : Nnewi and Ijebu ode. Their Sons are shiny lights

4 Likes

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by anungangampu: 11:25am On May 09, 2020
This is why nnewi land is so cost..we the indegene cant even buy land in our home town again..Bleep forbes and tvc. they should remove capital there. my uncle is richer than him, he just know how to make noise
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Nobody: 11:27am On May 09, 2020
YungJo207:

I want to believe this is true cause if you go banana island,VGC,Ikoyi and Eko Atlantic my brother fear go catch you of how people get money for Lagos....you go see one boy go dey control money for him papa ( money laundering most time ) cause those boys dey ball home and away easy for them to be used.
Exactly my friend. You sabi well. But it’s all untraceable wealth. So these people never appear on all this rich lists. You may not even find some of them on Google sef.
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Nobody: 11:29am On May 09, 2020
lebete3000:

Can you shed a lil light on the ills?

There is no need for argument.
Every parts of Nigeria have their peculiar ills.
Good day brother.
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Criptofxt10: 11:30am On May 09, 2020
ObafemiAwoIowo:
I want to marry you I'll pm you
if this works out, then I promise to be there with 20 cows from Daura
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Kenmatt(m): 11:30am On May 09, 2020
michkosi:

Even at the ogwu ego....their names never enter list....ogwu ego is just a mirage...if u tink is real wots stopping you bro?...or. Do u like ur present predicament? I know u r not a millionaire but you are ok.......besides ask some questions one of your kinsmen tried it and went home waiting for money to shower in his room.... shocked cool cool

E dey Bible ...faith without work....

Nnewi amaka......
Igbo amaka

I'm not here to argue with any of you
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Kenmatt(m): 11:31am On May 09, 2020
Ausrichie:

Something that doesn't work. Ha rubbish forget all those useless movies the thing is fake, if ogwu ego and juju was real would we have become the colonialists boy boy or would we be one of the countries with the greatest amount of poor people. Superstitions are what they are.

Do I even need an argument
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by adirivictor(m): 11:33am On May 09, 2020
I think ABIRIBA in Abia state should be next to Nnewi. those guys are stinking rich n hardworking
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by YungJo207(m): 11:34am On May 09, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
Exactly my friend. You sabi well. But it’s all untraceable wealth. So these people never appear on all this rich lists. You may not even find some of them on Google sef.

Chief deji adeleke if not for David who for know who him be?? Someone that brought a private jet of $64million ....na beans.

Mostly that ikoyi and VGC you go see some old men that don't even know what to do with money again and check 94% of them are yoruba...I just tire for Lagos the main Lagos ooo.

1 Like

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Kennyswag: 11:34am On May 09, 2020
EjaikreTheViper:

keep disgracing yourself!the post says the research was done by TVC, an afonjaitus media.
so tvc is no longer lagos/ibadan express news? gringringrin
Confused people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Transport And Haulage Business / Synergy Thread For Professional Bead And Wireworks Makers / Autumn Spikes: Dangote Sues American Mistress For Exposing His Buttocks Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.