Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,866 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Nairalanders, Advice Needed Please....... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nairalanders, Advice Needed Please....... (545 Views)

Please Nairalanders Advice Me / Nairalanders. Advice On Weed,sk And Arizona Business / Advice Needed.. Should I Quit Or Remain In This Kind Of Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders, Advice Needed Please....... by Mavinsoladele(m): 12:19am On May 09, 2020
Goodday everyone, i kinda need a bit of advice from y'all. Am a ss3 student in one of the best schools in akure. I did jamb in March and i got 292. I am actually the assitant sp of my school. So the thing is i am in a scholarship programme and the highest score gotten by ex-students is 320. I decided to break a record this year because i believe in myself. To cut the story short, anoder student got 309, another 305(females), but what made me sad the most is that a guy got 328, the record breaking score so far in the scholarship foundation. Which is the reason i have been sad all day. The thing is i have always wanted to be the best in everything, i hate pple besting me and here i am. I have a lot to say but my questions are......what made them score higher than me? We all have one head right? Is it because of my sins? Or i wasn't prepared enough? Mind you, i went to lessons and i prepared adequately well. The guy who got the highest was always online chatting. So why
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Needed Please....... by seunlayi(m): 12:23am On May 09, 2020
Tesiwaju
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Needed Please....... by Mavinsoladele(m): 12:25am On May 09, 2020
seunlayi:
Tesiwaju
am done. I just want to know why and how i can be better......
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Needed Please....... by tunize(m): 12:26am On May 09, 2020
Appreciate and value what u have because sometimes in life u win some and lose some.compete only with urself by being bttr not necessarily for the world to see but for ur own well being. Be happy !!
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Needed Please....... by Mavinsoladele(m): 12:31am On May 09, 2020
tunize:
Appreciate and value what u have because sometimes in life u win some and lose some.compete only with urself by being bttr not necessarily for the world to see but for ur own well being. Be happy !!
thanks a lot for ur words. Am grateful
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Needed Please....... by tunize(m): 12:34am On May 09, 2020
Mavinsoladele:
thanks a lot for ur words. Am grateful
No shaking.
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Needed Please....... by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:35am On May 09, 2020
Mavinsoladele:
but my questions are......what made them score higher than me? We all have one head right? Is it because of my sins? Or i wasn't prepared enough? Mind you, i went to lessons and i prepared adequately well. The guy who got the highest was always online chatting. So why

simply because they were better than you...and the earlier you realize that you are not going to be the best AT EVERYTHING YOU DO, the better you will grow up.
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Needed Please....... by Seandisputed(m): 12:37am On May 09, 2020
Few years from now, hopefully you'll come back here and laugh at what you typed here.
At that point, you must have realized your greatness was not tied to your Jamb score.
So for now, feel sad and moody, but don't dwell on the sadness for too long else it consumes you and bring about unnecessary rivalries with your peers.
May the forces be with you.
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Needed Please....... by mdjiyaurrahim(m): 12:41am On May 09, 2020
tunize:

agree
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Needed Please....... by OgbeniOja1: 12:47am On May 09, 2020
Abi eleyi ti ya were in You never see anything shay na university you dey enter, u go see say no be only your brain hot. You no get problem ooo at all. Be giving yourself depression over nonsense. See every bodies brain power is different. Some people assimilate easily. Some are very slow so have to read over and over again. Stop competing instead do your very best. You see this life there will always be someone better than you. Pit in all your efforts. Make sure you give all your best and celebrate your wins. The way your going if you don't stop competing depression will set in. So please calm down
Mavinsoladele:
Goodday everyone, i kinda need a bit of advice from y'all. Am a ss3 student in one of the best schools in akure. I did jamb in March and i got 292. I am actually the assitant sp of my school. So the thing is i am in a scholarship programme and the highest score gotten by ex-students is 320. I decided to break a record this year because i believe in myself. To cut the story short, anoder student got 309, another 305(females), but what made me sad the most is that a guy got 328, the record breaking score so far in the scholarship foundation. Which is the reason i have been sad all day. The thing is i have always wanted to be the best in everything, i hate pple besting me and here i am. I have a lot to say but my questions are......what made them score higher than me? We all have one head right? Is it because of my sins? Or i wasn't prepared enough? Mind you, i went to lessons and i prepared adequately well. The guy who got the highest was always online chatting. So why
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Needed Please....... by HarunaWest(m): 12:52am On May 09, 2020
Mavinsoladele:
You are quite funny dude.. Did you think because the highest was always online he wasn't reading. Let me tell you something, when I was in University, I was someone that hardly read my books or notes. I only strived to attend lectures, whereas some of my class mates were always busy studying hard and all that..But at the end of the day, I did well, even better than other I felt were better than me
Everybody isn't gonna be the same. Stop comparing yourself to anyone. Just try your best in your own possible way. That you aren't first now doesn't mean you won't be first in future. And you better drop your attitude of looking down on others and your ego for it will bring you down. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Advice Needed Please....... by Eniolakiite(f): 12:53am On May 09, 2020
Wise words

Seandisputed:
Few years from now, hopefully you'll come back here and laugh at what you typed here.
At that point, you must have realized your greatness was not tied to your Jamb score.
So for now, feel sad and moody, but don't dwell on the sadness for too long else it consumes you and bring about unnecessary rivalries with your peers.
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Needed Please....... by geemailer2019: 1:15am On May 09, 2020
OP Having a high intelligence quotient (IQ) doesn't mean you'll beat everyone at everything, especially if you don't have the same level of preparation as them. They beat you because they did something you didn't do or think about, get over it and get on to the next challenge. Some years from now, you probably will not remember your UME score (whatever it's called now), but you'll have a degree certificate and that's what you should be focused on from this moment.
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Needed Please....... by NobleDeSage001: 3:51am On May 09, 2020
It is very wrong and foolish of you to be troubled about your colleague's better performance.
It only shoes that you are always studying to outclass and impress. Study to learn and improve yourself.
Never ever think of competing against colleagues. Just be yourself and do the much you can.
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Needed Please....... by PureGoldh(m): 6:25am On May 09, 2020
No dey compare yourself to others....Just donut Best and leave the rest
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Needed Please....... by Mavinsoladele(m): 8:11am On May 09, 2020
OgbeniOja1:
Abi eleyi ti ya were in You never see anything shay na university you dey enter, u go see say no be only your brain hot. You no get problem ooo at all. Be giving yourself depression over nonsense. See every bodies brain power is different. Some people assimilate easily. Some are very slow so have to read over and over again. Stop competing instead do your very best. You see this life there will always be someone better than you. Pit in all your efforts. Make sure you give all your best and celebrate your wins. The way your going if you don't stop competing depression will set in. So please calm down
thanks a lot....i will try to be better......
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Needed Please....... by Mavinsoladele(m): 8:21am On May 09, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

simply because they were better than you...and the earlier you realize that you are not going to be the best AT EVERYTHING YOU DO, the better you will grow up.
thanks a bunch
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Needed Please....... by Mavinsoladele(m): 8:23am On May 09, 2020
Seandisputed:
amen. I hope so. Thanks a lot sir
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Needed Please....... by Mavinsoladele(m): 8:25am On May 09, 2020
HarunaWest:

You are quite funny dude.. Did you think because the highest was always online he wasn't reading. Let me tell you something, when I was in University, I was someone that hardly read my books or notes. I only strived to attend lectures, whereas some of my class mates were always busy studying hard and all that..But at the end of the day, I did well, even better than other I felt were better than me
Everybody isn't gonna be the same. Stop comparing yourself to anyone. Just try your best in your own possible way. That you aren't first now doesn't mean you won't be first in future. And you better drop your attitude of looking down on others and your ego for it will bring you down. Cheers
am not necessarily looking down on others but i just hate other pple having higher scores than me. I will try my best though....... Thanks a lot sir
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Needed Please....... by Mavinsoladele(m): 8:26am On May 09, 2020
geemailer2019:
OP Having a high intelligence quotient (IQ) doesn't mean you'll beat everyone at everything, especially if you don't have the same level of preparation as them. They beat you because they did something you didn't do or think about, get over it and get on to the next challenge. Some years from now, you probably will not remember your UME score (whatever it's called now), but you'll have a degree certificate and that's what you should be focused on from this moment.
i hope so. Thanks a great deal.....
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Needed Please....... by Seandisputed(m): 9:47am On May 09, 2020
Mavinsoladele:
amen. I hope so. Thanks a lot sir
Don't call me Sir.
God bless you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

South African Ladies Go Fully Unclad In This Video 18+ / H / Fun Question: Which Part Of Chicken Can You Give Your Ex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.