Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,583 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) (5488 Views)

Birth Of A Monster: How The Northern Oligarchy Nutured Boko Haram / The Northern Oligarchy Are Preparing To 'aguyi-ironsi' Goodluck Johnathan / Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by ikeyman00(m): 12:04am On Jan 13, 2011
ekiti talk!
If your people are suffering in Yorubaland, then why not go to where they would not suffer? Why suffer in another man's man?
. . , ,

nonesense lady

that the reason 80% oduduwas in nl lives outside nigeria

madam dey watch poo u write sometimes bikonuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu u hear
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by excanny: 12:13am On Jan 13, 2011
odumchi:

I think you people are misunderstanding the point, we can also say that Igbos are the greatest and what not but how does that help? Please keep on with your feedback

Dude, i would have thought you had better things doing during your leisure time/boredom time like trying to improve your writing skills, knowledge of history, etc. I'm sorry to say you are a disgrace to Ndigbo as you claim. Do you see Yorubas or Hausas opening this kinds of dumb threads. If you are suffering personally from poverty and low education, why not go to college to improve your life, or develop entrepreneurial skills if you already have an education. You sound boring with your whining.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Nobody: 12:42am On Jan 13, 2011
Congregation of e-id.iots led by tribalists fool.

Thanks for reminding me that Mbadinuju, Uba, Kalu are from Sokoto

I guess this is what 'stup.idity' sounds like. Animals
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Nobody: 1:51am On Jan 13, 2011
@ abagworo, u bad!

@ ndu chuck, hw cn u corelate human marriage which borders on the spiritual with this hoax amalgamation called Nigeria?
Hopefully, after the secession of southern Sudan is complete, we'll go study it and pronto!
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by odumchi: 2:15am On Jan 13, 2011
@ Excanny
This is the reason why Easteners are suffering, people do not support each other rather they seek to disgrace fellow Igbos (if you are one). FYI I am not an adult who wasted my life like you, infect I'm still in Senior Secondary School and I am blessed because I saw this problem early and I am awakened, unlike you who wholes away his years and started complaining late.

If you have nothing better to do with your life then to cause trouble I suggest you donate yourself to civil service and serve your Hausa and Fulani masters and answer "yes sir" for the rest of your miserable life.

Puom nivu, anniovia
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Onlytruth(m): 2:18am On Jan 13, 2011
I would advise Easterners to design a socio-economic and political movement that will integrate the region.

By Easterners I mean Igbo and all southern minorities.  cool cool

Imagine if Asaba airport upgrades to international, and PH and Calabar ports somehow come alive, I see a complete and robust region emerging to drive the rest of the country forward.

Smart folks already know that south south and south east are really one region. All it takes is for them to design a regional masterplan to consummate both regions for the benefit of their peoples and Nigerians at large.

This is a no-brainer.

But once some folks focus only on oil, they miss the main scoop.  cool

Igbo can lead the East out of bondage. YES WE CAN!  cool cool
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by jason123: 2:21am On Jan 13, 2011
Onlytruth:

I would advise Easterners to design a socio-economic and political movement that will integrate the region.

By Easterners I mean Igbo and all southern minorities.  cool cool

Smart folks already know[b] that south south and south east [/b]are really one region.

Pls cancel that. Thank you! cool
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Onlytruth(m): 2:25am On Jan 13, 2011
odumchi:

@ Excanny
This is the reason why Easteners are suffering, people do not support each other rather they seek to disgrace fellow Igbos (if you are one).

Frankly,  I don't understand Excanny these days.
He attacks innocent folks and turns a blind eye to those who would not allow easterners survive in Nigeria.
If I didn't know him before know, I would have taken his position personally.

Your points are as clear as day.  cool

How does one counter things like embedded post-civil war patronage being enjoyed by Hausa and Yoruba in Nigeria?
How did they corner all the banks and oil wells?

Those are the questions because I know they did not get them through fair competition.
Having said these, the Igbo spirit in me tells me that we can still beat them in their games. All we need is go back to the east and plan well.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Onlytruth(m): 2:29am On Jan 13, 2011
jason123:

Believe me there are more Igbos who would not agree with my including your sorry a$$ in that plan, but I look at the real picture.
The Yoruba don't have time for you. If you doubt me, show me their investments in Itshekiri land (if you are Itshekiri undecided) Their investments stop in Yorubaland. Fullstop.
My people invest everywhere including Yorubaland.
I am more concerned with reality.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Akhenaten: 2:30am On Jan 13, 2011
jason123:

When he says South-South, he is talking about East of the River Niger. Even the Ijaw communities east of the River Niger are mixed with Igbo. The same goes for many other ethnicities in the East like Ibibio as well.

The culture of my region was influenced by the Ibibios and vice versa.

Old linkages are still there. I can discuss this more in the Culture section.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by jason123: 2:32am On Jan 13, 2011
Onlytruth:

How does one counter things like embedded post-civil war patronage being enjoyed by Hausa and Yoruba in Nigeria?
How did they corner all the banks and oil wells?

undecided. You do not know what you are talking about. Was it not you and your fellow warriors that were saying igbos control the economy? Now you are saying this?
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by jason123: 2:35am On Jan 13, 2011
Akhenaten:

When he says South-South, he is talking about East of the River Niger. Even the Ijaw communities east of the River Niger are mixed with Igbo. The same goes for many other ethnicities in the East like Ibibio as well.

The culture of my region was influenced by the Ibibios and vice versa.

Old linkages are still there. I can discuss this more in the Culture section.

Okay, your point is clearer. Thank you.

Onlytruth:

Believe me there are more Igbos who would not agree with my including your sorry a$$ in that plan, but I look at the real picture.
The Yoruba don't have time for you. If you doubt me, show me their investments in Itshekiri land (if you are Itshekiri undecided) Their investments stop in Yorubaland. Fullstop.
My people invest everywhere including Yorubaland.
I am more concerned with reality.

. I do not get you ooo! How does this relate to investments? Yorubas do not invest anywhere because lagos is in their proximity!
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Onlytruth(m): 2:39am On Jan 13, 2011
jason123:

undecided. You do not know what you are talking about. Was it not you and your fellow warriors that were saying igbos control the economy? Now you are saying this?

Igbo control the grassroot economy.
That is why when we go on vacation (Christmas for example) the rest of Nigeria must go too.
However, I am talking about national assets (federal positions, oil blocks, banks, insurance companies, etc) which were basically shared between the Hausa and Yoruba after the civil war.

Till date, no Igbo would drag "connections" with a Yoruba or Hausa person in Nigeria because they have their peoples in the juiciest of federal positions. FACT.

That is what odumchi is talking about.

If you run into problems in the course of your normal business as an Igbo person in Nigeria, you will need a Yoruba or Hausa person to help you "pull strings". angry  Are we not Nigerians?  

That is the point.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Olaedo1: 2:40am On Jan 13, 2011
jason123:

. I do not get you ooo! How does this relate to investments? Yorubas do not invest anywhere because lagos is in their proximity!

You are wrong.Extremely wrong. There are millions of yorubas spread across the north and thousands across the East.Stop speaking on behalf of the yorubas because you no nothing.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Onlytruth(m): 2:43am On Jan 13, 2011
Ola edo:

You are wrong.Extremely wrong. There are millions of yorubas spread across the north and thousands across the East.Stop speaking on behalf of the yorubas because you no nothing.

But do they invest there? How many houses do they build, or how many businesses/industries do they open in such places? 
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by jason123: 2:48am On Jan 13, 2011
Onlytruth:

Igbo control the grassroot economy.
That is why when we go on vacation (Christmas for example) the rest of Nigeria must go too.
However, I am talking about national assets (federal positions, oil blocks, banks, insurance companies, etc) which were basically shared between the Hausa and Yoruba after the civil war.

Till date, no Igbo would drag "connections" with a Yoruba or Hausa person in Nigeria because they have their peoples in the juiciest of federal positions. FACT.

That is what odumchi is talking about.

If you run into problems in the course of your normal business as an Igbo person in Nigeria, you will need a Yoruba or Hausa person to help you "pull strings". angry  Are we not Nigerians?  

That is the point.

Okay. Point taken I am not ready to argue with you grin

Ola edo:

If they do invest then why do people say they do not invest?
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Olaedo1: 2:50am On Jan 13, 2011
jason123:

They say they don't invest AS MUCH as Igbos do outside of their land.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by jason123: 2:53am On Jan 13, 2011
Ola edo:

They say they don't invest AS MUCH as Igbos do outside of their land.

Okay, thats the confusion. But it known that igbos are the most business oriented group in Nigeria. So that is no surprise.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Onlytruth(m): 2:57am On Jan 13, 2011
jason123:

Okay. Point taken I am not ready to argue with you grin

I take the issue of investment seriously, because it is the key to economic revival of any place.
Imagine if I built a small scale industry in your town, suddenly I have to employ some local folks.
Before you know it, someone will see the need to accommodate the workers closer to the factory, which means more houses will start to spring up around the location.
That is how towns develop.

But if I come to your town as a civil servant or worker; once I am paid, I pocket my money and return to my area where I would later build houses.
The Igbo does the former, while the Yoruba does the latter.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by kettykin: 4:14am On Jan 13, 2011
Some of the statistics here is not correct, the banks that yoruba and hausa own is only first bank, unity bank, GTB, wema, intercontinental is yoruba and ibo same with access bank . Apart from adenuga whom I hear is fronting for ibb and Atiku in Globacom , how many other yorubas rule the business world.

To some extent all parts of nigeria is marginalised, the north is worst hit .
There is no growth in education , their universities are filled with southerners. So many poor peopl and beggars.

So should you ibos continue to wallow in self pity. After oil the next big thing in our GDP is trade , not even banking which ibos control.

Ibos should try and leverage in their areas of comparative advantage and stop wallowing in self pity which your adversaries can use to your advantage.

I undestand ordinary samsung is richer than nigeria. The future of nigeria could mean that a company owned by a nigerian (ibo) could be richer than nigeria too.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by odumchi: 12:33am On Jan 14, 2011
It's interesting how everyone brings up the issue of oil wells and banks, which are located in non-Hausa territory but are still owned predominantly by northerners. It is as if I live in a different city but yet I control everything YOU own in your house and you would have to request permission from me before you watch your own television or use your own phone. Please continue with the interesting feedback.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by bashr4: 12:59am On Jan 14, 2011
i grew up in enugu i dont think easterners are suffering , unless ur talking of not producing a president , apart from abuja i dont know any other non eatern state better than eastern states. from enugu to owerri ,umuahia, calabar, portharcourt these are among the top best cities to reside in in nigeria
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Nobody: 1:08am On Jan 14, 2011
@odumchi
I was going to reply you, but then I wasnt that bored again.
I'll get around it sometimes this weekend grin
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by sbeezy8: 1:08am On Jan 14, 2011
jason123:

dont mind him yoruba have always had GOOD relations with non yorubas esp midwesterners. namely edos and itsikiri some urohobo

the only difference is yoruba wont go around boasting how they invest this and that in another mans land, expecting something in return as the ibos do.

it is an equal exchange you didnt ask for anyone to come live invest in yourland - the purpose of investing is too make MONEY for ONESELF no one is going to go around investing in places where WONT PROSPER just to BE"nice". doesnt work like that

[size=14pt]When a person migrates somewhere he does so to better himself FIRST, IBOS TALK as if theyre doing people a favour by living in someone eslse land and benefitting from that places economic upside. NO ONE asked ibos to come to their land or any places they did so solely because it benefited them- which is fine, I JUST DONT LIKE HOW PEEPS GO AROUND BOASTING AS IF THEY ARE DOING US A FAVOR![/size]
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Nuesbab: 7:29am On Jan 14, 2011
Seriously it pains me when issue of sufferin in naija is being discuss, but i knw that its nt peculiar to any region. Ibos are d most industrious in this country and i knw dey hv right to lead naija bt frm hxtry of naija some bad ibos are fustratin ibos effrt
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by EkoIle1: 7:55am On Jan 14, 2011

Finding Solutions to the Many Ndi-igbo Problems in Nigeria

(v)                Igbo are very much obsessed with Lagos as noted here. And as the second largest ethnic-group in the state have so largely invested in Lagos that this ethnic-group believes that someday an Igbo man would rise to become the governor of Lagos state. This is another self-made problem. The Yoruba cannot share the state with any other ethnic-group much less Igbo.

(vi)              Also of note is the second fiddle the Igbo appear contented to play in the Nigerian politics. In the years of Tafawa Balewa was the prime minister while Azikiwe was a ceremonial president, Shagari as the president of Nigeria, while Ekwueme was the vice-president, Babangida was the military president while Ukiwe his second in command was not entitled to the use of vice-president. Chukwumerije, Nzeribe and Ofonagoro in small ways helped to frustrate the ambitions of Abiola rather than pursue a personal ambition or even help to reposition the Igbo in the theatre of Nigerian politics. How would the Hausa-Fulani have rewarded the Chukwumerije, Ofonagoro and Nzeribe? I am still not cleared on this.

http://www.hotneus.com/finding-solutions-to-the-many-ndi-igbo-problems-in-nigeria.html

Second fiddle  = Boy Boy

Btw, don't attack me, I'm just the messenger, it was written by one of your ibo brothers, lol
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by POTUT(m): 1:21pm On Jan 14, 2011
Lagos is being beautified by the government of Lagos State (Fashola is a man with an eye on his legacies). There is no Hausa-Fulani-Yoruba Oligarchy. We theorize these things a lot. In recent times, no Ibo man has risen that is worth his weight in anything. The political Class is the problem with Nigeria. I didn't see the Emir of Kano or Sultan of Sokoto at the Eagles Square directing affairs or stopping people from voting.
Did GEJ not just win the Primaries?
Did Ibori not steal his State blind?
Did Odili not do same?
Did southerners and Yorubas not steal alongside IBB?
Don't Ibo governors steal their States blind? Are you aware that Abia receives over 700 million naira monthly as security vote?!!!!! Six straight months of that can fix any bridge (even River Niger bridge)

My heart aches to see young people burning themselves in the fire of ethnicity that was passed down by our no-good precursors. Kill the fire and use your heads.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by banom(m): 2:23pm On Jan 14, 2011
@ Poster,
I see your passion for we igbos, i wouldnt comment on your post to avoid any tribal talk, but the only thing i will tell you is that we Igbos are to a greater extent our own bigest problem,

You talk of Hausa and yorubas developing their land with government money and leaving us behind, , what about the hundreds of billions of naira the five eastern states ( abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo) governors recieves as allocation every year from the federal goverment, what have they done with it for the Igbos ?

2, You talk of the political nightmare and manipulation the hausas and yoprubas do to us , then what about the fact that we hoplessly lack political objectiveness,coherency and internal unity amongs us ?

for your own good, avoid taking seriously those foolish Igbo politicians who are simply talking about the marginalisation of we igbos, they dont care a dime about you and i or the igbos in general , they are using it to manuver for power,    Open your eyes my brother, Ya ga zieregi.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 14, 2011
@banom, i didnt have much to add cos you 've made me speechless. LOVE YOUR RESPONSE AND GOD BLESS U!
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by banom(m): 2:58pm On Jan 14, 2011
Timehin:

@banom, i didnt have much to add cos you 've made me speechless. LOVE YOUR RESPONSE AND GOD BLESS U!

Chukwu gozie kwa gi my brother, I think the only solution to the so called igbos problem is increased selfishnesh, we now have to think and act first and formost for our own personal gain than any tribal or whatever name it is called, YOu Are OWN YOUR OWN OOOO those men dont even know you exist.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by odumchi: 10:29pm On Jan 14, 2011
Odiegwu ooh,
I am currently speechless. The most I can say Now is that many people are still asleep despite the good comments I have seen here. The message must still be spread. It may seem as if nothing is happening, bur there is an entire world of unseen underneath each of us. The ascension of an Eastern president is the first stage in change, and much more has to be done.

Please continue with the feedback I would like to hear each and every one of your responses.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by jason123: 10:44pm On Jan 14, 2011
odumchi:

Odiegwu ooh,
I am currently speechless. The most I can say Now is that many people are still asleep despite the good comments I have seen here. The message must still be spread. It may seem as if nothing is happening, bur there is an entire world of unseen underneath each of us. The ascension of an Eastern president is the first stage in change, and much more has to be done.

Please continue with the feedback I would like to hear each and every one of your responses.

'@ bolded

What good will that do you or your people Take a look at OBJ and the yorubas or IBB and the hausas, what do you think

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

State Police Is Inevitable - ACN / Breaking! Pst Ayo Oritsejafor Has Just Revealed Boko Haram's Agenda For Nigeria / Pics Of Dino Melaye's Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.