Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) (5489 Views)

Birth Of A Monster: How The Northern Oligarchy Nutured Boko Haram / The Northern Oligarchy Are Preparing To 'aguyi-ironsi' Goodluck Johnathan / Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 14, 2011
odumchi:

Odiegwu ooh,
I am currently speechless.

remain speechless. you guys have had senate presidents, how far?
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by aljharem(m): 11:06pm On Jan 14, 2011
babaearly:

remain speechless. you guys have had senate presidents, how far?

thank you

can you ask him why there must be an igbo president undecided
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by odumchi: 12:02am On Jan 15, 2011
@ Alj and Jason

Do you see how Narrow minded you are? Goodluck Jonathsn Hails from the East doesn't he? His middle name "Ebere" means he is from an Igbo speaking group in the East and FYI Ebere means mercy in Igbo.

Goodluck Jonathan is the first true president ever since the "return of democracy" in 1999. Infact, the only true leaders that Nigeria has ever had are Abubakr Tafawa Balewa (who is one of the most humble leaders in our history, Nnamdi azikiwe, Awolowo, and Goodluck Jonathan. I will not go into detail about what Jonathan has done for us because u know you all know.

Now, Alhaji Harem, shouldn't you be ashamed of yourself? You call yourself an "Alhaji" meaning one who has ventured to the holy dwelling place of God, and has ventured as close to God on earth as possible. But your character statescthat you have been to the greatest pits if hell. You have no respect fir foreign ideas and people and you and your people continue to hide behind the prefix "Alhaji" and try to use religion as a median by which to uphold power. You are nothing like a follower if God but yet you dare to place the sacred name of Gid before your wicked name (I am not a Muslim). I am greatly sorry fir you and yur character, and incase you don't know your title means nothing in my land. Who thought that someone like you could have Gone so close to God but yet you act like a Goat.

Learn to respect other peoples, If not I will teach you to. Nigeria has 100s of ethnic groups and if you can't handle variety I suggest you go backbto Niger republic. (I hear your people are thieving from that nation too).
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by jason123: 12:06am On Jan 15, 2011
odumchi:

@ Alj and Jason

Do you see how Narrow minded you are? Goodluck Jonathsn Hails from the East doesn't he? His middle name "Ebere" means he is from an Igbo speaking group in the East and FYI Ebere means mercy in Igbo.

Goodluck Jonathan is the first true president ever since the "return of democracy" in 1999. Infact, the only true leaders that Nigeria has ever had are Abubakr Tafawa Balewa (who is one of the most humble leaders in our history, Nnamdi azikiwe, Awolowo, and Goodluck Jonathan. I will not go into detail about what Jonathan has done for us because u know you all know.
And what has GJ done for you? Is it not about Nigeria anymore? Why do you all only care about the east? Doyou think he would continue "what he has done for you" when he becomes our second democratically rigged-in president?
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by aljharem(m): 12:12am On Jan 15, 2011
^^^^
grin grin grin grin grin grin

look if you already know that jonathan hail easterners, why and why should there be an igbo president

not that i am against it in any form or way undecided

but does his ethnicity matters undecided

did you watch yesterdays primaries

how many northern states voted for jonathan against atiku

when ciroma said that he was going to march millions of northerners to abuja against jonathan, did northern people follow him undecided

look you are not only narrow minded but also an ethnocentric mumu,,, if you what to start this tribe is this and that, then there is nno point in me posting to you

why not look outside the ethnic views and look into nigeria as a whole not only igbo

igbo this igbo that

igbo president

igbo governor of lagos

igbo military head

etc

i am getting fed up of you igbos on nairaland,, you guys are like spams on this site undecided seriously

i will advice you to listen to excanny

it will do you a lot of good

infact i bet u are either in lagos, south west nigeria, north nigeria , middle belt, or south-south undecided

if you love ONLY igbos so much, why not say in south east then, why move about undecided

a beg leave me alone, biko i no get your time
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by jason123: 12:18am On Jan 15, 2011
@ harem

well said,
IF WE ALREADY HAVE AN IGBO MAN AS PRESIDENT, WHY DO WE STILL NEED ANOTHER IGBO MAN? grin
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by odumchi: 12:56am On Jan 15, 2011
@alj harem

I am the narrow minded one while you ask "Why must there be an Igbo president?"  there should be one because EVERYONE DESERVES A CHANCE. Every human being in Nigeria has a right to be president. There are three main groups which makes it a 1:3 chance that an Igbo man can be president, but everytime it is the other two that win. I am simply advocating the cause if my people and speaking for them.

Jonathan is not an ethnic Igbo, Igbo speaking does not mean Igbo. We all speak English it doesnt mean we are ethnic English .

I am also not an ethnocentric person. I love all ethnic groups whether it be Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Ijaws, Fulani or Efik. We are all Gods people. What I hate is when one group uses their power tower over another and deny another if their basic rights as human beings born in Nigeria.

Unlike you, I am a well versed guy in history and politics and I cam spit out the history of each ethnic group. Hausas are pastoral people who hail from the Sahel region. They traded with the Trans-Saharan Berber peoples of North Africa and pioneered Islam, the first monotheistic religion to penetrate into w. Africa, into Sub-Saharan Africa. Modern day Hausas gave lost the devotion to God that their ancestors had (not all of them), and have devalued terms such as Alhaji, Caliph and Sultan. These terms have become simple prefixes that are used to intimidate other peoples.

I love Nigeria, and you want me to leave you alone? NO I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU ALONE UNTIL YOU LEAVE MY PEOPLE ALONE.

Owuru inasuIgbo nuru nka Ndigbo diike.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by jason123: 1:02am On Jan 15, 2011
odumchi:

I am the narrow minded one while you ask "Why must there be an Igbo president?"  there should be one because EVERYONE DESERVES A CHANCE. Every human being in Nigeria has a right to be president. There are three main groups which makes it a 1:3 chance that an Igbo man can be president, but everytime it is the other two that win. I am simply advocating the cause if my people and speaking for them.

I am also not an ethnocentric person. I love all ethnic groups whether it be Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Ijaws, Fulani or Efik. We are all Gods people. What I hate is when one group uses their power tower over another and deny another if their basic rights as human beings born in Nigeria.

Unlike you, I am a well versed guy in history and politics and I cam spit out the history of each ethnic group. Hausas are pastoral people who hail from the Sahel region. They traded with the Trans-Saharan Berber peoples of North Africa and pioneered Islam, the first monotheistic religion to penetrate into w. Africa, into Sub-Saharan Africa. Modern day Hausas gave lost the devotion to God that their ancestors had (not all of them), and have devalued terms such as Alhaji, Caliph and Sultan. These terms have become simple prefixes that are used to intimidate other peoples.

I love Nigeria, and you want me to leave you alone? NO I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU ALONE UNTIL YOU LEAVE MY PEOPLE ALONE.

Guy, we are on different pages.

I did not say I do not want a igbo president. Infact, if a credible igbo man/woman should contest now, why not? I am not ethnocentric and I do not mind any person from any ethnic group to rule anywhere as long as he his credible.
Now, you said GJ is an igbo man because he had an igbo name, is that not so? And I said, if that's the case, why are you still screaming igbo presidency ?
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by aljharem(m): 1:23am On Jan 15, 2011
odumchi:

alj harem:

^^^^
grin grin grin grin grin grin

look if you already know that jonathan hail easterners, why and why should there be an igbo president

not that i am against it in any form or way undecided

but does his ethnicity matters undecided

odumchi:

@alj harem

Jonathan is not an ethnic Igbo, Igbo speaking does not mean Igbo. We all speak English it doesnt mean we are ethnic English .

sorry brother, but i do not know were you are going to with this undecided

firstly, you say jonathan hail east

now he speaks igbo but not igbo undecided

was jonathan not told he was an igbo man and given a title in ohaneze

did he not tell ojukwu(smh) that he is an igbo man and ojukwu agreed to it undecided

secondly, who is stopping igbos from contesting but in nigeria and other states in nigeria undecided

did i not make it clear that i do not care if he is igbo, efik, tiv, yoruba etc undecided

i know u are not ethnocentric but u just want an igbo president,,,right !

the question is, why did igbos in PDP not produce there candidate for the primaries undecided is it because they believe they can not win

is APGA in going to produce a presidental candidate this election (maybe ojukwu); who will stop APGA from contesting this election if they produce an igbo candidate

thridly, i ask why should an igbo produce a candidate because i thought we were NIGERIANS not igbo kanuri or yorubas

why you talk of igbo, is as if they are different from NIGERIA; like how a mexican migrate isin america saying he wants to be the president after only spending 1 yr in america

fourthly, all your history you have learnt is good for exam purposes only

also i am happy you know your history well,,; good for you

did you know ekeweme was once the vice-president of nigeria

did you know nnamadi azikiwe was once the president of nigeria (although that is debatable since there was no election)

ask yourself this question, when last as an edo person been the president of this country (never) are they complaining

when last as a kanuri man been the president of nigeria (NEVER apart from abacha which as a coup)

when has an ibibio person been the president

when has an igala person been the persident ,.,.,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,etc

and you are here talking about equality and fairness "hisses"

it is not only igbos were have in the country ,,,,ok we have other groups in fact about 250 other group and non of them have whin like you igbos ON THIS FORUM

i tire ooo
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by CyberG: 3:22am On Jan 15, 2011
@ Odumchi. . .a lot of your arguments are very naive and pedestrian! You cannot expect EVERYONE to share your point of view! You may deny that charge all you want but it is evident in your posts. A lot of people here have made VERY good points to address your post but NO, they are WRONG and you are RIGHT! I have been to the East, lived in the East, had relations from the East. . .same with the West and the North! I have been out of Nigeria and back and I tell you that Easterners are NOT the only ones suffering! I have made 100's of posts in the politics section, like a lot of other people have, and there's hardly anything to be said that has not been said by the thousands of people here! Like you think Easterners suffer, Westerners suffer too! In fact, the Northerners are the poorest and suffering the MOST but all the so called useless and clueless leaders are the ones enjoying and their immediate families! While you were making your posts, some of the Eastern "leaders" were exchanging billions of Naira with the Northerners "leaders" and some Western "leaders" were sharing the future and wealth of their people with the Easterners! Until you see the real big picture and something is done about it by Nigerians AS A WHOLE, a billion posts and arguments on NL does nothing! This is my first post in this section in a long time as me too I am so tired of all the wahala about Nigeria!
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by realmen: 3:24am On Jan 15, 2011
what is the meaning of Easteners, and who are they?
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by jason123: 3:26am On Jan 15, 2011
realmen:

Igbos
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Afam4eva(m): 3:30am On Jan 15, 2011
jason123:

Igbos

Easterners doesn't mean Igbos. They also include Efik, ibibios etc.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Akhenaten: 3:30am On Jan 15, 2011
realmen:

jason123:

Igbos

Easterners should include Igbo, Ijaws, Ogoni, Ibibio, and the many Cross River communities.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Afam4eva(m): 3:30am On Jan 15, 2011
realmen:

Are you a Nigerian?
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by aljharem(m): 3:37am On Jan 15, 2011
CyberG:

@ Odumchi. . .a lot of your arguments are very naive and pedestrian! You cannot expect EVERYONE to share your point of view! You may deny that charge all you want but it is evident in your posts. A lot of people here have made VERY good points to address your post but NO, they are WRONG and you are RIGHT! I have been to the East, lived in the East, had relations from the East. . .same with the West and the North! I have been out of Nigeria and back and I tell you that Easterners are NOT the only ones suffering! I have made 100's of posts in the politics section, like a lot of other people have, and there's hardly anything to be said that has not been said by the thousands of people here! Like you think Easterners suffer, Westerners suffer too! In fact, the Northerners are the poorest and suffering the MOST but all the so called useless and clueless leaders are the ones enjoying and their immediate families! While you were making your posts, some of the Eastern "leaders" were exchanging billions of Naira with the Northerners "leaders" and some Western "leaders" were sharing the future and wealth of their people with the Easterners! Until you see the real big picture and something is done about it by Nigerians AS A WHOLE, a billion posts and arguments on NL does nothing! This is my first post in this section in a long time as me too I am so tired of all the wahala about Nigeria!

thank you

this guy is very clueless,, i have told him is not about north or south but about nigerian leaders

he keeps lamenting about the samething over and over again
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by jason123: 3:41am On Jan 15, 2011
afam4eva:

Easterners doesn't mean Igbos. They also include Efik, ibibios etc.

My bad smiley

Akhenaten:

Easterners should include Igbo, Ijaws, Ogoni, Ibibio, and the many Cross River communities.
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by aljharem(m): 3:43am On Jan 15, 2011
jason123:

My bad smiley

no i do not think they are eastern ijaws undecided

but others are right including efik
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Afam4eva(m): 3:45am On Jan 15, 2011
alj harem:

no i do not think they are eastern ijaws undecided

but others are right including efik

Ignorance, The Ijaws in Bayelsa and rivers state are what?
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Akhenaten: 3:47am On Jan 15, 2011
jason123:

You never heard of the Kalabari? I thought you were from the Niger Delta?

What about the Okrika?

Or Ibani and Nkoroo?  undecided
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by aljharem(m): 3:51am On Jan 15, 2011
afam4eva:

Ignorance, The Ijaws in Bayelsa and rivers state are what?

is balysea and rivers not part of south-south

how is this south-east undecided
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by matazzmagi(m): 3:52am On Jan 15, 2011
My brothers, If there was another way out we would support that but the enemies game is that we are a people who want peace more than they do so that has encouraged their aggression. Ghandi and Martin king's tactics may be employ but it will rip if they start their killings again. Like young lions with full rage we should challenge our hyena oppressors. No matter how long or the cost. Freedom is non-negotiable,
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by jason123: 3:53am On Jan 15, 2011
Akhenaten:

You never heard of the Kalabari? I thought you were from the Niger Delta?

What about the Okrika?

Or Ibani and Nkoroo?  undecided
True!My bad.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Afam4eva(m): 3:58am On Jan 15, 2011
alj harem:

is balysea and rivers not part of south-south

how is this south-east undecided

Who's talking about the south-east. if were referring to south-east will efik and Ibibio be included? We're talking of the east that includes Abia, Imo, Ebonyi, Enugu, Anambra, Rivers, Cross river, AkwaIbom and excludes the Igbos in Delta state. So you see east is not about Igbos. rather it's about Igbos in th east, Ibinios, Efiks etc.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by aljharem(m): 4:03am On Jan 15, 2011
afam4eva:

Who's talking about the south-east. if were referring to south-east will efik and Ibibio be included? We're talking of the east that includes Abia, Imo, Ebonyi, Enugu, Anambra, Rivers, Cross river, AkwaIbom and excludes the Igbos in Delta state. So you see east is not about Igbos. rather it's about Igbos in th east, Ibinios, Efiks etc.

ok; i hear you cool
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by jaygetta1: 4:39am On Jan 15, 2011
As if the thieving governors in the East are of 'Northern or Yoruba Muslim' origins. OP, if na the extra money wey dey your pocket dey make you feel like Bill Gates dey worry you, just relax, e go soon finish and you won't have any more to go waste at the local Cyber cafe just to spew this kind of rubbish. . . Don't worry we know, and have met, your kind on NL before. Your posts never reach 500 before you're relegated to 'absent for the last 2 years' status. Olofo! BTW, if you're really still in High School, I'd advice you to pick up some kind of trade, and learn it with vigor, because your english no be am at all.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by EkoIle1: 4:56am On Jan 15, 2011
I really don't know why they allow these ibo people to endlessly spam NL with their foolishness and dishonesty.

Your people are part of the rot called Nigerian leadership,

Your people from ZIK the first corrupt Nigerian president to Ekwueme the VP in one of the most corrupt Nigerian administrations and many corrupt federal ministers, governors, ambassadors, federal agency directors, permanent secretaries, Police IGs and countless more ibo people in the halls of power.

Freeking delusional attention seeking cry baby liars,
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Afam4eva(m): 4:59am On Jan 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

I really don't know why they allow these ibo people to endlessly spam NL with their foolishness and dishonesty.

Your people are part of the rot called Nigerian leadership,

Your people from ZIK the first corrupt Nigerian president to Ekwueme the VP in one of the most corrupt Nigerian administrations and many corrupt federal ministers, governors, ambassadors, federal agency directors, permanent secretaries, Police IGs and countless more ibo people in the halls of power.

Freeking delusional attention seeking cry baby liars,

Have you considered Igbo boy's proposal. If you become his pet pls don't eat him.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by jason123: 5:00am On Jan 15, 2011
afam4eva:

Have you considered Igbo boy's proposal. If you become his pet pls don't eat him.
grin grin grin grin. Na wa for tribalism oo! cheesy wink
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Afam4eva(m): 5:02am On Jan 15, 2011
jason123:

grin grin grin grin. Na wa for tribalism oo! cheesy wink

His own is not traibalism it's mine that's tribalism. The guy is freaking annoying.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by jason123: 5:03am On Jan 15, 2011
afam4eva:

His own is not traibalism it's mine that's tribalism. The guy is freaking annoying.
No, I meant NLand in general.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by jaygetta1: 5:10am On Jan 15, 2011
Ummmm. . . Jason123, the "na wa for tribalism" statement was intended for who? Afam4eva or Eko ile? While Eko's retort might have been venomous (and over the top) I doubt you, or anyone else for that matter, would be in position to defend Afam by screaming "triabalism"----Afam4eva is, clearly, one of the biggest tribal bigots we have on NL today. Why am I saying all this? Well, your antics, and tactics are (to put it mildly) annoying at best, and hypocritical, at worst!!!! You confuse, and confound me with your posits; they're usually neither here nor there. I understand the objective to be seen as 'detriablized',but, don't you think to be viewed as an "idi*ot" is even worse?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Phcn Workers Afraid Of Change - Prof. Barth Nnaji / US Approves First Over-the-counter HIV Test / FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.