Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

The Ika People{igbanke}. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Ika People{igbanke}. (46314 Views)

Igbanke From Edo State To Delta State. / History Of Ika People(umunede) / Ika People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by jona2: 10:51pm On Feb 09, 2010
sonya4all:

What ever u guys like to say abt ika can be said.I wonder what u guys want that u are trying 2 align the ika nation 2 igbos.We are not igbos and never can be igbos.God forbid.What the names your calling are names that igbo men who married from ika gave their kids.My great grand parents are edos and they came from benin.I think i need 2 clear all these misconceptions by creating another threat abt our history especially umunede.Tnks
shocked grin
Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by AndreUweh(m): 7:47pm On Feb 10, 2010
sonya4all:

What ever u guys like to say abt ika can be said.I wonder what u guys want that u are trying 2 align the ika nation 2 igbos.We are not igbos and never can be igbos.God forbid.What the names your calling are names that igbo men who married from ika gave their kids.My great grand parents are edos and they came from benin.I think i need 2 clear all these misconceptions by creating another threat abt our history especially umunede.Tnks
A leopard can not change her spots. IkaIgbo people are Igbo people. You can not change that now. The late Obi of Agbor and the father of the current Obi was very proud of his Igbo heritage and popularised the slang of Ika Igbo. Every document relating to him in the then Western province and Mid-western province identified him as Ika Igbo. He never objected it.
The final word is: Attempt to join any Bini organisation. After that come and tell me their reactions.
Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by udezue(m): 9:42pm On Feb 10, 2010
LOL^^^^^ They will laugh in amazement at his stupidity.

Ika in Bini organization Mba-Ise might as well join Arewa.
Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by sonya4all(m): 11:07pm On Feb 10, 2010
So sorry for laughing at ur stupidity.We are not seek or begging 2 join any bini organisation neither are we goin 2 join ur ohaneze ndigbo.We are independent and nt complaining jst leave us like that.I only wish some ika nlanders had discovered this thread 2 let u knw how we detest the igbos.I dnt mean hatred of killing them in our areas.Jst dat igbo blood is a bad one.Cnt u understand.Come 2 think of it none of the ika traditions looks like the ones practiced in igbo land.Im staying in the east so i kmw what am saying.U guys need rebranding.Punk

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by ChinenyeN(m): 11:20pm On Feb 10, 2010
Sonya4all, I'm not sure what you've been told regarding the Igbo, but I feel you might need to get educated on the subject.

1 Like

Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by ezeagu(m): 11:38pm On Feb 10, 2010
sonya4all:

So sorry for laughing at your stupidity.We are not seek or begging 2 join any bini organisation neither are we goin 2 join your ohaneze ndigbo.We are independent and nt complaining jst leave us like that.I only wish some ika nlanders had discovered this thread 2 let u knw how we detest the igbos.I dnt mean hatred of killing them in our areas.Jst dat igbo blood is a bad one.Cnt u understand.Come 2 think of it none of the ika traditions looks like the ones practiced in igbo land.Im staying in the east so i kmw what am saying.U guys need rebranding.Punk

Su esụsụ Ika, onye erá! Is si edeke Igbo a ri mma? Ishi I ari mma! Onye elewobi! I wukozi "Owi Igbo"? Jeko de ra ohyuhyu ogboma Bini! Omenala Ika Igbo. Efor I a rimma!

[img]http://mccoy.lib.siu.edu/jmccall/jones/igbo/ika15.JPG[/img]

1 Like

Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by AndreUweh(m): 12:19am On Feb 11, 2010
Sonya
I understand you are having problems with some of your neigbbours in the East where you live. That is not a reason to declare that Ika is not Igbo. That is an I.M.B.E.C.ILIC way of reasoning.
Most Ika sons and daughters who are studying in the UK are members of our Igbo Youth organisation (www.icsn.co.uk).
This tells you whom they are. Has this gone into your cranium?.

1 Like

Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by jona2: 1:09am On Feb 11, 2010
[quote author=sonya4all link=topic=58455.msg5490954#msg5490954 date=1265839635]
So sorry for laughing at your stupidity.We are not seek or begging 2 join any bini organisation neither are we goin 2 join your ohaneze ndigbo.We are independent and nt complaining jst leave us like that.I only wish some ika nlanders had discovered this thread 2 let u knw how we detest the igbos.I dnt mean hatred of killing them in our areas.Jst dat igbo blood is a bad one.Cnt u understand.Come 2 think of it none of the ika traditions looks like the ones practiced in igbo land.Im staying in the east so i kmw what am saying.U guys need rebranding.Punk
[quote][/quote]
Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by sonya4all(m): 10:14am On Feb 11, 2010
I rest my case.No of arguing becos i tink one person has 2 win.And dats all you concerned people.Tnks ur concern on the ika nation.Peace.I am , Gboika
Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by Hauwa1: 4:19pm On Feb 11, 2010
ezeagu, oh Lord!!! grin grin grin grin you really made me laugh. ezigbo ewobi kor bu eh grin grin  grin grin grin

ewoo grin

ezeagu:

Su esụsụ Ika, onye erá! Is si edeke Igbo a ri mma? Ishi I ari mma! Onye elewobi! I wukozi "Owi Igbo"? Jeko de ra ohyuhyu ogboma Bini! Omenala Ika Igbo. Efor I a rimma!

[img]http://mccoy.lib.siu.edu/jmccall/jones/igbo/ika15.JPG[/img]
Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by Abagworo(m): 8:08pm On Feb 11, 2010
@sonya4all.what will self-denial profit you?ikas are advantaged being igbos and have nothing to make them feel more important.umunede itself is a roadside village and with nothing much but mechanics,mamaput and brothels.ikwerres,kwales,ogba,ndoni and ekpeye are advantaged in resources and water accessibility.igbos call you their fellow igbos simply because you are.so stop the self denial.plus are you aware that binis call you igbo?
Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by udezue(m): 10:05pm On Feb 11, 2010
^^^No mind the dunce. Someone reading the crap he is spewing will think Umunede na Paradise on earth Igbos are trying to steal away by saying they are Igbo. Its just normal brotherly-sisterly love we got for every Igboid group. Nothing special. Bini call em Igbo with no qualm. I've met a guy from Igbanke in Edo state and he said he is Igbo. There was nothing to argue about. How can this retard that even claims to live in another part of Igbo land claim something else. If there is ethnic cleansing in the North and he is given an option to flee to Orifite or Benin we all know he will seek refuge in Orifite. If he sees a refugee camp full of Igbo speaking people he will join them quick so why the shakara on NL?

Sonya,
Ewu mkpi! You are Igbo whether you are located in poverty stricken underdeveloped Igbanke or the hustling and bustling city of PH or the Eastern capital Enugu. There is nothing to gain from recognizing that you are Igbo so na wetin be dis silly IYANGA u dey do? U aint special neither am I or any group. If you are Igbo you are Igbo simple. your argument is silly. I just read Eziachi comment which is in pure Ika dialect and understood it regardless of the thickness.

Obulu na iwe ndi Igbo bi na SE ne ewe gi kwakolu akpati naba na ogo ishiri bia. Onwelu onye siri ki biri ebe ibi?
Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by AndreUweh(m): 11:18pm On Feb 11, 2010
Sonya.
In one of your posts either in this thread or your other thread, you said no Ika man will join Igbo organisations. I replied to you with instances of Ika people in Igbo organisation especially in the UK. Till now, you are yet to reply.
Anyway, Iam ready to assist you leave Igboland and move to Benin. Prior to typing here, I had discussed with my cousin at Agbor to arrange for two trailers in readiness for your relocation. I will pay for it.

1 Like

Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by sonya4all(m): 10:59pm On Feb 12, 2010
@udezue.Why all d abusive words.I never meant 2 raise resentments over this matter.Anyway i wish u all u said in advance.I dnt realy fancy d idea of nlanders abusing felow members and most times i do it but regrets later.Becos i personally do not know the person.@andre.I decided 2 drop the matter because alot of igbos were going for my head and am alone here .Becos no amount of arguements we make here can count on the decisions of the ika.Also that wasnt ika language whoever was speaking there, So ask u ever ready bros 2 save his gas cos am goin no where.U guys are wonderful argumentators and i love it all.Look forward 2 meeting at other threads.Cheers
Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by AndreUweh(m): 12:21am On Feb 13, 2010
Sonya, you haven't seen any thing yet. The message is:desist from anything that will bring division within Ndigbo. Igbo people are one and it does not matter if you are from Umunede, Umuderim, Umuahia, Umuola etc. Igbo wu otu. Igbo bu ofu.
Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by ChinenyeN(m): 12:35am On Feb 13, 2010
Uniquely united in diversity.
Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by sonya4all(m): 11:58am On Feb 13, 2010
~~just passing by~, Yes sirs united igbo.
Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by AndreUweh(m): 7:02pm On Feb 13, 2010
sonya4all:

~~just passing by~, Yes sirs united igbo.
SONYA
May God be praised for letting you know that you are Igbo. May God touch the hearts of those few Ika people who have been made to believe that they are not Igbo.
Kindly go and tell about 20,000 of them that they are Igbo.
Chukwu gozie gi
Chukwu gozie Ika Igbo.
Chukwu gozie ndigbo.
Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by sonya4all(m): 9:08pm On Feb 13, 2010
Laughing in pidgeon.U knw? The best way 2 win an arguement is 2 avoid it.Happy val.Hav a nice day.And mind u dat was not ika u were speaking.(smiling)i think it should be.Osolobwe ya meyi mma.Or osolobwe ya gozeee
Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by AndreUweh(m): 10:16pm On Feb 13, 2010
Chukwu ya me yi mma
Osalobue ya me yi mma
Obasi ya me yi mma
Olisabuluwa ya me yi mma.
Olisa ya me yi mma
Olise ya me yi mma
Chineke ya me yi mma.
Ndigbo Nairaland, accept my apology if I do not include your own dialect here. One unique feature about Ndigbo is our divisive dialects. So, it does not matter if it is Obowu, Isinweke, Ika, Ukwuani, Ekpeye, Ikwerre, Igberre, Nkwerre, Aniocha, Anaocha, Onitsha, Onicha, Onicha-Uboma, Rumuokoro, Umuokoro, etc. Igbo nile, Igbo ncha, Igbo dum bu otu.
Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by ezeagu(m): 11:35pm On Feb 13, 2010
sonya4all:

Laughing in pidgeon.U knw? The best way 2 win an arguement is 2 avoid it.Happy val.Hav a nice day.And mind u dat was not ika u were speaking.(smiling)i think it should be.Osolobwe ya meyi mma.Or osolobwe ya gozeee

Limited knowledge of Ika, who told you 'Chukwu ya meyi mma' is not Ika?
Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by ChinenyeN(m): 2:47am On Feb 14, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Ndigbo Nairaland, accept my apology if I do not include your own dialect here. One unique feature about Ndigbo is our divisive dialects. So, it does not matter if it is Obowu, Isinweke, Ika, Ukwuani, Ekpeye, Ikwerre, Igberre, Nkwerre, Aniocha, Anaocha, Onitsha, Onicha, Onicha-Uboma, Rumuokoro, Umuokoro, etc. Igbo nile, Igbo ncha, Igbo dum bu otu.
No need to apologize, because there is no way you could get all the lects.
Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by sonya4all(m): 4:30pm On Feb 14, 2010
Ezeagu ezeagu ezeagu.How many times did i call.?
Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by AndreUweh(m): 6:43pm On Feb 15, 2010
Ika Igbo Kwenu
Anioma Kwenu
Igbo worldwide kwezuo nuooo.
Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by sonya4all(m): 9:28pm On Feb 15, 2010
For your mind.Shaaa.Come andre uweh u r evry where in nland
Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by ChinenyeN(m): 10:43pm On Feb 15, 2010
sonya4all:

For your mind.Shaaa.Come andre uweh u r evry where in nland
Ke ghi ke ole? (That's Ngwa. I'd like to see you or any person, not familiar with Ngwa, properly translate that statement). Finally, you shouldn't have to argue with others about your identity. If you don't see yourself as Igbo, then okay. It's just that simple.
Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by AndreUweh(m): 1:00am On Feb 16, 2010
Chinenye.
Let me make an attempt: Ke ghi ke ole--ehm not too sure. But some one from Ngwaland, Ndoki and Etche will understand.
Attempt mine: Akparachichi shi na odu avom ngala. This will be clearly understood by anyone from Ehime Mbano, Isinweke and Obowo.
That is why, Igbo is very unique.
If an Agbor man speaks in his own Igbo dialect, it is Umunede, Owa and neighbours that will understand clearly.
Yet United we stand.
Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by ChinenyeN(m): 1:12am On Feb 16, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Chinenye.
Let me make an attempt: Ke ghi ke ole--ehm not too sure. But some one from Ngwaland, Ndoki and Etche will understand.
Attempt mine: Akparachichi shi na odu avom ngala. This will be clearly understood by anyone from Ehime Mbano, Isinweke and Obowo.
That is why, Igbo is very unique.
If an Agbor man speaks in his own Igbo dialect, it is Umunede, Owa and neighbours that will understand clearly.
Yet United we stand.
That's exactly what I'm getting at. Regardless of our speech differences, we have no problem with being Igbo. As for "akparachichi shi na odu avom ngala", I don't think I should even bother making an attempt, because it would imply that I have even the vaguest of ideas what it may mean, and I most certainly don't.
Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by AndreUweh(m): 1:40am On Feb 16, 2010
You are right Chinonye.

Bia Sonya, I have a present for you. Can you help Chinonye translate what I wrote earlier on.
Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by sonya4all(m): 4:05pm On Feb 16, 2010
I think ke ghi ke ole means .When or which day did that start.Correct me if im wrong.Evry easterner or southerner in naija is ibo and nt igbo or igbo(marijuana)sorry dat was a slip of typing.Lol.Peace
Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by ChinenyeN(m): 4:21pm On Feb 16, 2010
That's no where near the proper translation. Mind trying again?
Re: The Ika People{igbanke}. by AndreUweh(m): 10:59pm On Feb 16, 2010
Every easterner or southerner is not Igbo. A lot of Okrika people speak Igbo but they are not Igbo. You hardly see an Igbo man laying claim of Okrika as Igbo.
Ndigbo are groups of people who speak closely and related dialects of Igbo language. In the North-Obolo afor, eke.
South-Diobu and Ahoada, Orie.
West -Igbanke, Afo
East-Arochukwu,Nkwo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo Trains With Larry The Boxer In London (Photo) / Canadian Lawmaker In Nigeria To Invite Ooni Of Ife To Canada. Photos / Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.