Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Should Family Background Be Considered Before Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Family Background Be Considered Before Marriage (1213 Views)

Should Non-educational Background be the reason not to choose Him/her? / Do Lesbian Enjoy Sex With Men,if So Why Will They Be Considered Lesbians? / A Man I Considered A Friend Wanted To Have Sex With Me - Lady Cries Out (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Family Background Be Considered Before Marriage by iammolise(m): 1:15pm On May 09, 2020
Good day Nairaland, I was in a conversation with my neighbor's wife yesterday, she always likes to see herself as the mother I no longer have with motherly advice all the time, it's annoying sometimes but I always welcome every edition as I like to learn from older people. She's a mother of four, her first daughter is married in her early 20's... So we were talking and like always she will begin marriage counselling; she talked about how she and her husband cooperate and hustle together and how they managed together to build their house, as always she told me to take my time and find the right girl for me, that the girl I should be looking for is a girl that can take care of me like a mother would, she said a lot most of which I can't remember, but there was something she said that was different from every other time she has given counsel... She said before I plan to marry any girl I should check her background first, that the background of the girl I marry will determine how she'll be in marriage. she gave an example of a broken home, she said if the girl I marry mother is separated from her father that when any issue arises her mother will advice her according to her experience in marriage, that she'll tell her (for example);"na so ur papa do wey make I leave am" and something like that, but a girl from an unbroken home will get better advices from her mother and will always follow in her footsteps.

So nairalanders I ask... Should one consider a lover's family background before going into serious commitments will her/him.
The ladies are not excluded in this thread... Would u consider the background of the man u love before accepting his proposal?

1 Like

Re: Should Family Background Be Considered Before Marriage by Ezennwa(m): 1:16pm On May 09, 2020
hmm!

Family background matters as a far as Marriage is concerned.

10 Likes

Re: Should Family Background Be Considered Before Marriage by meetme01: 1:21pm On May 09, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!

Family background matters as a far as Marriage is concerned.

That's even the first step. Don't jeopardize your future and life on love.

We learn from history so, don't be sentimental in checking your partners family history.

Again, its very important. Don't bring religion or be too religious oo. I warned.

7 Likes

Re: Should Family Background Be Considered Before Marriage by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:21pm On May 09, 2020
Yes. Always do a background check on the family you wish to marry.
I know a guy that over looked it,he got married and it did not last because the mil wanted her daughter to be in control of the guy but him being a very stubborn guy refused.
It was during the feud that he gat to findout that its her mil that runs everything in their home. The father in-law na mumu.

8 Likes

Re: Should Family Background Be Considered Before Marriage by Ezennwa(m): 1:23pm On May 09, 2020
meetme01:

That's even the first step. Don't jeopardize your future and life on love.

We learn from history so, don't be sentimental in checking your partners family history.

Again, its very important. Don't bring religion or be too religious oo. I warned.
Ok!
Re: Should Family Background Be Considered Before Marriage by bigiyaro(m): 1:24pm On May 09, 2020
background, exposure and upbringing maters a lot, as for me it covers 50% of the yard.

4 Likes

Re: Should Family Background Be Considered Before Marriage by PureGoldh(m): 1:25pm On May 09, 2020
To an extent.....it's a 50: 50 something

1 Like

Re: Should Family Background Be Considered Before Marriage by gunners160(m): 2:48pm On May 09, 2020
I am surprised some one is still asking this kind of questions in this our 21st century. Hell no, family background does not matter not until the day you will have a misunderstanding with your wife and you regret why you neglected her family background. Yourba people have a saying " it is better to marry a wrong woman than to have a wrong in law"

5 Likes

Re: Should Family Background Be Considered Before Marriage by Karlifate: 3:45pm On May 09, 2020
Yes, because history has a way of repeating itself.
Re: Should Family Background Be Considered Before Marriage by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 09, 2020
Background matters alots to both male and female...Thank you

1 Like

Re: Should Family Background Be Considered Before Marriage by Strika22(m): 5:51pm On May 09, 2020
Very Importanter
Re: Should Family Background Be Considered Before Marriage by Opexzy: 7:16pm On May 09, 2020
I use to tell my babe... "Babe I love you, but I love the kind of home you're from more"...

Yorùbá adage says:

Aya burúkú ṣé ń fẹ́, ṣùgbọ́n àná burúkú ó ṣe ń ní.

Translation:
It's better to marry a bad wife than to have bad inlaws.

I modified it to this:
It is bad to have a bad wife, but it is worst to have bad inlaws.

Both male and female.

1 Like

Re: Should Family Background Be Considered Before Marriage by Mhyketh(m): 7:26pm On May 09, 2020
if everybody checks background and live the imperfect ones and marry the perfect ones, who will marry from those imperfect family background? see know this you can change a generation by the amount of light in you. don't underestimate the power of knowledge... love you all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Family Background Be Considered Before Marriage by SavageResponse(m): 12:53pm On May 10, 2020
Yes of course family background matters a lot when choosing a marriage partner
Re: Should Family Background Be Considered Before Marriage by Tajbol4splend(m): 1:13pm On May 10, 2020
Mhyketh:
if everybody checks background and live the imperfect ones and marry the perfect ones, who will marry from those imperfect family background? see know this you can change a generation by the amount of light in you. don't underestimate the power of knowledge... love you all.

It's also good to know people before marrying them, these days people especially ladies marry to show off but later realize they were not ready for it

1 Like

Re: Should Family Background Be Considered Before Marriage by duality(m): 3:03pm On May 10, 2020
Mhyketh:

Let people Carry their own cross
Re: Should Family Background Be Considered Before Marriage by Iykesonwhyte(m): 3:54pm On May 10, 2020
That’s true to some extent...but mostimes it doesn’t really work like that.Ive seen a lot of broken homes where their daughters also make make good homes regardless.Its really subjective thing to say the least.!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Dated A Witch? / ‘I Wish To Have A Son Like Hushpuppi’ - Nigerian lady posts on Facebook (Photo) / Hmmm Am Speechless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.