Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! (3607 Views)

TECNO Beats Samsung, Others To Claim Africa's Top Smartphone Brand 2020 / Xiaomi Beats Samsung To Top Spot In India’s Smartphone Market / Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by korban3134(m): 2:44pm On May 09, 2020
Samsung has insisted that its Exynos 990 is as good as Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 865 chip.

The result of a recent gaming test pitting the Exynos 990-powered Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus against Xiaomi‘s Redmi Note 8 Pro midranger with MediaTek Helio G90T doesn’t help the manufacturer’s claim. Especially since the latter is way cheaper than the S20 Plus. In Nigeria, its current starting price is around NGN 95,000. The Galaxy flagship, on the other hand, starts at around NGN 400,000. Stark difference!

In a video uploaded by YouTuber Chong Liu, where he played PUBG Mobile for 30 minutes on both smartphones, you’ll notice that the frame rate on the Redmi Note 8 Pro experienced a stable 60fps frame rate all throughout the game.

And on the Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus? Frame rates started becoming unstable after about 15 mins of gameplay.
"Remember That the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Costs approximately One-Fifth of What Samsung Charges for the Galaxy S20 Plus"

Watch the video below, and see for yourselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZn_4NHHgwQ

More details about this can be found here�https://www.notebookcheck.net/Exynos-990-powered-Galaxy-S20-flops-hard-in-gaming-comparison-video-versus-the-Redmi-Note-8-Pro.463642.0.html

2 Likes

Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by Criptofxt10: 2:55pm On May 09, 2020
Samsung phones are over pampered ajebutters ...I could confidently tell you that redmi note 8 pro in particular is a beast to be compared with non...yes, non... every aboki to his own kettle, all phones have their beast mode but I can tell you that the redmi note 8 pro has little or no regrets of using. I can say this because that is what I'm using currently and so far the phone is second to man's best friend.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by Thelucifer666(m): 4:01pm On May 09, 2020
I knew before watching the video that this would be the exynos chipset.
Use the SD chipset and be stunned.
My note 9 that runs pubg with 0 lag on SD chipset

5 Likes

Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by sunshineV(f): 4:54pm On May 09, 2020
Exynos always disappoint. G90T can't stand SD 865 in gaming performance

7 Likes

Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by yahoofak(m): 5:00pm On May 09, 2020
but the Redmi is not water resistant, doesn't have a metallic body, doesn't support 5G and can't shoot videos in 8K. The S20 can do all these, it's worth the money. If you love games, why not get a PS4 or something ? Wait ! It's even the exynos variant that used in the videos Hahaha ! I'll pass.

12 Likes

Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by ArticleBeast: 6:05pm On May 09, 2020
Redmi fan boys are just upgraded tecno e-rats.

10 Likes

Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by Karex81(m): 6:06pm On May 09, 2020
Exynos na scam.

1 Like

Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by yahoofak(m): 6:15pm On May 09, 2020
ArticleBeast:
OP should have titled his post Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung S20 Exynos Variant In Gaming. We all know the Snapdragon variant is faster.

4 Likes

Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by Donndino: 6:28pm On May 09, 2020
Snapdragon versions of galaxy phones are quality. Unfortunately, Samsung only sells Snapdragon phones in the US and South Korea. The rest of the world get exynos versions of galaxy phones.
Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by skywalker240(m): 7:31pm On May 09, 2020
That exynos is overrhyped. G90t wouldnt have been a match for the SD Variant.
i think their exynos variant should be way more cheaper.
Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by sunshineV(f): 9:29pm On May 09, 2020
ArticleBeast:

grin

U for calm down read the article well

4 Likes

Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by ArticleBeast: 10:47pm On May 09, 2020
sunshineV:

grin

I read it.... I just stated my opinion about redmi fans. They can wake up and compare Redmi to Iphone 11 pro max.

1 Like

Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by chudyprince: 12:18am On May 10, 2020
Please help, whenever i want to use apps that suggest using notifications access on my Android 8.1 Go edition my phone tells me NOTIFICATION ACCESS NOT AVAILABLE ON YOUR DEVICE. And wouldn't find such apps among the list of those using notification access at the security settings either. Can someone help me out please?
Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by korban3134(m): 9:07am On May 10, 2020
sunshineV:

grin

Don't bother yourself with that guy....
Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by Everrest9(m): 9:16am On May 10, 2020
yahoofak:
OP should have titled his post Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung S20 Exynos Variant In Gaming. We all know the Snapdragon variant is faster.
Even if it's exynos variant as you claimed, what about the price. How will I pay huge money on phone and still be lagging.
Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by Thelucifer666(m): 1:04pm On May 10, 2020
chudyprince:
Please help, whenever i want to use apps that suggest using notifications access on my Android 8.1 Go edition my phone tells me NOTIFICATION ACCESS NOT AVAILABLE ON YOUR DEVICE. And wouldn't find such apps among the list of those using notification access at the security settings either. Can someone help me out please?
The statement is self explanatory either get a new device or try updating it.
Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by Trex4(m): 1:31pm On May 10, 2020
ArticleBeast:
So notebook check that carried out the test are now redmi fans? Why not fully digest and comprehend a post before commenting?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by Trex4(m): 1:35pm On May 10, 2020
yahoofak:
Wether it's Exynos variant it's still an s20. The snapdragon variant is only sold in the USA while the Exynos is sold everywhere else.

1 Like

Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by ArticleBeast: 2:13pm On May 10, 2020
Trex4:
So notebook check that carried out the test are now redmi fans? Why not fully digest and comprehend a post before commenting?
K
Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by korban3134(m): 5:35pm On May 10, 2020
Trex4:
Wether it's Exynos variant it's still an s20. The snapdragon variant is only sold in the USA while the Exynos is sold everywhere else.

Exactly the point!...

So if you try to buy an S20plus & your location isin't USA, its 99% sure that you're ending up with a NgN 400,000+ Smartphone thats got an Exynos processor.

The same whose poor performance (in this case) against the G90T powered Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 pro (NgN 95,000+), is available & well documented allover the internet.

How can I spend over 400k on a phone and someone with a phone less than 100k will have better gaming enjoyment?

Thats the BIG question & case of any buyer outside the US for the S20PLUS

2 Likes

Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by Trades07: 5:45pm On May 10, 2020
FACT!

korban3134:

Exactly the point!...

So if you try to buy an S20plus & your location isin't USA, its 99% sure that you're ending up with a NgN 400,000+ Smartphone thats got an Exynos processor.

The same whose poor performance (in this case) against the G90T powered Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 pro (NgN 95,000+), is available & well documented allover the internet.

How can I spend over 400k on a phone and someone with a phone less than 100k will have better gaming enjoyment?

Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by ToyBoyAaron(m): 7:15pm On May 10, 2020
Okay you all saying the sd version is better no doubt it is but why is it that Africa is taken for granted? Because we buy brand and aesthetic but ignore every other feature. Transsion doing same by selling less for more money while selling more for less money in India.

1 Like

Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 10, 2020
korban3134:

Exactly the point!...

you are not using s20 u are talking.. that is my current fone and i am using the Exynos version..cos of redmi note 9 pro failed with the processor you think s20 is like that.. Guy s20 would blow ur mind.. nothing like hanging..it have 60 hz and 120hz... if u put it in 120hz.. na over speed go worry am.. i use it wen i wanna download.. as for the processor.. i play cod and pubg in maximum graphics and guess what.. its so beautiful and fast..compared to my guy iphone 11.. it runs better and well colored.. its people like you that will say benz is bad when you have never actually driven one.. cos maybe u can't afford s20.. allow others to choose for themselves..as for me using it..i will buy it over and over again.. i am only jus afraid of Samsung screen.. i am using double screen guard like this.. no fighting you bro.. one love

2 Likes

Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by CirocBoi(m): 9:09am On May 11, 2020
paschalville:
you are not using s20 u are talking.. that is my current fone and i am using the Exynos version..cos of redmi note 9 pro failed with the processor you think s20 is like that.. Guy s20 would blow ur mind.. nothing like hanging..it have 60 hz and 120hz... if u put it in 120hz.. na over speed go worry am.. i use it wen i wanna download.. as for the processor.. i play cod and pubg in maximum graphics and guess what.. its so beautiful and fast..compared to my guy iphone 11.. it runs better and well colored.. its people like you that will say benz is bad when you have never actually driven one.. cos maybe u can't afford s20.. allow others to choose for themselves..as for me using it..i will buy it over and over again.. i am only jus afraid of Samsung screen.. i am using double screen guard like this.. no fighting you bro.. one love

Couldn't get the screen guard or case anywhere in warri..
Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by Criptofxt10: 9:51am On May 11, 2020
CirocBoi:

Couldn't get the screen guard or case anywhere in warri..
show us pictures of you using the phone and playing those games

1 Like

Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by Alfred234(m): 10:43am On May 11, 2020
We all know Samsung rips people off with Exynos chipsets but Sammy fan boys won't agree.
Regardless the S20 is a good phone.

1 Like

Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by nnemekaemmanuel: 11:43am On May 11, 2020
Criptofxt10:

show us pictures of you using the phone and playing those games
lol
Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by akashi01(m): 12:07pm On May 11, 2020
paschalville:

You switch to 120hz screen refresh rate when you want to download? How does that correlate or make sense?

1 Like

Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by ZesusHVWritter(m): 12:30pm On May 11, 2020
akashi01:

You switch to 120hz screen refresh rate when you want to download? How does that correlate or make sense?
Me self was stunned, shocked and flabbergasted; simultaneously. I never still get myself...

1 Like

Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by Randerl: 12:43pm On May 11, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

Me self was stunned, shocked and flabbergasted; simultaneously. I never still get myself...

Some dudes think everyone on NL phones section is a noob
Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by dukeo(m): 12:56pm On May 11, 2020
Criptofxt10:
Samsung phones are over pampered ajebutters ...I could confidently tell you that redmi note 8 pro in particular is a beast to be compared with non...yes, non... every aboki to his own kettle, all phones have their beast mode but I can tell you that the redmi note 8 pro has little or no regrets of using. I can say this because that is what I'm using currently and so far the phone is second to man's best friend.

How's the battery and the heating like? + the ported gcam, does it work?
Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro Beats Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus In Gaming Test !!! by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 11, 2020
akashi01:

because the fone becomes extremely fast.. no motions and very insane graphics animation

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Is 2nd In Number Of Mobile Phone Users In Sub-saharan Africa / How To Browse With An Unregistered Sim Card / Which Android Phone Can I Get For Ten Thousand Naira.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.