Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This (3144 Views)

Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? / How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man / My Ex-Girlfriend Keeps Disturbing My Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by endeavor(m): 7:23pm On May 09, 2020
Hello, House.

So I decided to post this to get opinions and advice from people with experience.

I met my Fiance 4 years ago in Abeokuta during a business trip. She was good and lovely then. Fast forward to this year, I'm beginning to see a whole different person in her.
She gets angry when corrected of her mistakes.
She gets angry when questioned on issues.
She does not pray.
She has never advised me on anything.
She is not encouraging.
She never gives suggestions or opinions when asked.
She's never appreciative. (Do today, and you don't do tomorrow, na wahala)
She is not supportive.
All these traits I got to know since she moved in with me for a year now.
Though I'm still a hustler, I do my best to provide.
I assist her financially for her upkeep.
I even enrolled her in a vocational training program to learn a craft.
to cap it all up, her addiction to movies had made me given up.
She can fight you for talking while watching movies on her phone.
I'm not allowed to tune to my favorite channels.
You mustn't send her to get a glass of water while she's watching a movie.
I have talked, complained, advised and even reported. But it's getting worse.

Please, your advises..

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by eleko1: 7:25pm On May 09, 2020
sad ur fiancé not ur wife.U see all these traits and u open thread to ask for our opinion.Young man,leave that girl before God leave u.The handwritten is clear enuf.But if u decide to marry her,work hard and rent mini flat/2 bedroom flat not baba Rasida face to face house make she nor turn Area problem

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by donbachi(m): 7:26pm On May 09, 2020
She's an agent of darkness.
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by madridguy(m): 7:28pm On May 09, 2020
She is not supportive.

Go borrow additional leg to run 4 40.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by Davash222(m): 7:28pm On May 09, 2020
Get yourself a virgin girl if you want to live a happy life.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by DriveTrademark: 7:34pm On May 09, 2020
Advise her and point all this to her, try your very best to be a little bit patient with her. If she refuses to change after enough warning, let her go.

The worst mistake u can make is marrying a wrong partner after seeing all the signs during courtship

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by eleko1: 7:36pm On May 09, 2020
Very difficult .Nowadays sweet 16 Dey collect cucumbers up/diwn
Davash222:
Get yourself a virgin girl if you want to live a happy life.
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by Donald3d(m): 7:41pm On May 09, 2020
sad
I wanted to say you should speak to her about it but you said this :

endeavor:

I would have also loved to ask you to tell us her benefits or what she does right, but from all you posted, she lacks too many basic characteristics of a marital partner. Keep trying to talk to her, this time give her an ultimatum (in your mind, don't tell her the ultimatum).

Don't make the big mistake of marrying her without her making changes in line with your very salient requirements.

If after about another 6 months, there is no sign of progress or at least an attempt to make progress, its time to share the grace.

7 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by skedman(m): 7:41pm On May 09, 2020
endeavor:
Hello, House.

So I decided to post this to get opinions and advice from people with experience.

I met my Fiance 4 years ago in Abeokuta during a business trip. She was good and lovely then. Fast forward to this year, I'm beginning to see a whole different person in her.
She does not pray.
She is not encouraging.
She is not supportive.

Please, your advises..

hello, I took time to read it but I notice something was missing that is sex
You need to be sincere with your self what potentials did you see in her before dating her because the above complain shows that you are already tired of her .
You have seen her all both the inner and outer door, you now want us to make decision for you .
My decision ,that is just her she does not pretend and you cannot change anything about her
you can only complain or tolerate her that is all.
Opp
Learn to tolerate her
She is not your house help but a partner
She will advise if your you will accept her opinion
You sound as if you are more intelligent than her definitely her opinion might not count
Appreciate her and adhore her she will serve you that is how women behave
When she is watching her film leave her she needs privacy or she is bored that is the reason she is watching the film in the first place .when she is done she will come
Learn to gist and make her your best friend .

5 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by DonBenny77(m): 7:42pm On May 09, 2020
Dump her ass, I will if I were you.
That's the essence of courtship.
If e no fit your style? quit!

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by endeavor(m): 7:53pm On May 09, 2020
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by FryMosquito: 8:11pm On May 09, 2020
You see woman because she's beautiful with curve, na am you rush go propose.. Nawa for men ooh, anyway it's you that suppose to advice your self with all this you just said

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by eleko1: 8:20pm On May 09, 2020
sad If u kill yourself cos of woman matter.U die for nothing and life goes on after lighting candles lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed.

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by ednut1(m): 8:25pm On May 09, 2020
So you don't know what to do
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 09, 2020
skedman:
hello, I took time to read it but I notice something was missing that is sex
You need to be sincere with your self what potentials did you see in her before dating her because the above complain shows that you are already tired of her .
You have seen her all both the inner and outer door, you now want us to make decision for you .
My decision ,that is just her she does not pretend and you cannot change anything about her
you can only complain or tolerate her that is all.
Opp
Learn to tolerate her
She is not your house help but a partner
She will advise if your you will accept her opinion
You sound as if you are more intelligent than her definitely her opinion might not count
Appreciate her and adhore her she will serve you that is how women behave
When she is watching her film leave her she needs privacy or she is bored that is the reason she is watching the film in the first place .when she is done she will come
Learn to gist and make her your best friend .

Omo.sorry to say. you really sound stupid and daft. What sort of advice is this. What's the essence of dating, its it not to see her true characters and then review himself for a possible withdrawal or go ahead. Why should he force himself on a lady at a delicate courship time whereas she was supposed to act madam holy to an extent.. She was so relaxed and maybe because she thought sex and fucking each other is all a guy wanted..

OP just try one more time in testing her, till your conscience is justified to let her go or honour her with your ring

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by linnyx: 9:41pm On May 09, 2020
Dog wey wan die no dey hear hunter whistle.

4 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by bubbaGambino: 9:52pm On May 09, 2020
Baba although she will feel bad for wasting 4 years of her life, I seriously think you should flee from her. it will only get worse after marriage. You will just be coming to an unhappy home daily. you will get depressed till you are unable to take it no more and will feel like exploding

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by bukatyne(f): 10:23pm On May 09, 2020
endeavor:
Hello, House.

She does not pray.
She is not encouraging.
She is not supportive.

Please, your advises..

I am curious about some things:

1. Prayer: Do you make a call for prayers and she doesn't respond or you fix a time for prayers and she doesn't observe it? Considering you both are cohabiting and MOST LIKELY fornicating, isn't it 'funny' you are concerned about her prayer life?

2. Correction: is it positive or negative criticism? Same as the 'questioning'? Besides questioning puts people on the defensive already.

3. Help me understand why you would send your fiancée/wife to get you a glass of water while she is watching a movie. Like seriously? She should leave her movie and get water for you

I am not saying she doesn't have her issues: not encouraging you/ingratitude/inability to contribute to your life/addiction to movies/ not allowing you to watch some of your favorite shows are real issues.

I am just holding up the mirror to your attitude so that when you leave this babe or decide to carry on, you can make adjustments too.

7 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by Femsyn(m): 10:42pm On May 09, 2020
It will get worse in marriage. No point trying to panel beat a lost cause.

These are the signs we usually talk about, yet people are moved by superficial things.

She might not be a bad person, but trust me, there's someone out there who loves all the things you detest, and vice versa.

Sometimes, relationships isnt hard. It's just that, most times, people force themselves on people they have no real connection with. Superficial don't last. People hardly change!

4 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by bigl: 12:50am On May 10, 2020
endeavor:
Hello, House.

She does not pray.
She is not encouraging.
She is not supportive.

Please, your advises..

I've been in your shoes before brova!

Move your flat ass as fast as possible from that girl or you will live to regret it!

What u saw was just a pre-episode!

When u get married, u go watch the tin for 100 inches smart tv!

And u would wish to press control-z to undo your marriage to her!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:20am On May 10, 2020
bro, you are single, she just hasnt given you the notice yet...
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by duduade: 1:39am On May 10, 2020
After all these negative attitude
You still need Nairalanders to come advise you on your 4 years situationship

Please move on..
They are better girls outside..

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by Bola146(f): 2:53am On May 10, 2020
madridguy:
She is not supportive.

Go borrow additional leg to run 4 40.

grin grin grin na love ooo... he is in love undecided
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by Katier00(f): 5:46am On May 10, 2020
You have talked and talked, it is now time to run and run

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by Nobody: 6:23am On May 10, 2020
You people complicate life too much, if she's giving you headache call it a day. Life is simple, not everything we like is good for us. She will find a man who will like her like that, there is someone for everyone.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by madridguy(m): 8:44am On May 10, 2020
That one no be love na nonsense grin

Bola146:

grin grin grin na love ooo... he is in love undecided
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by Mystery9(m): 11:52am On May 10, 2020
Are you kidding me? Marry her and come back for divorce advice. Shebi they say " love is blind".

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by Houseofglam7(f): 12:25pm On May 10, 2020
Oh not again undecided
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by Mariangeles(f): 12:50pm On May 10, 2020
endeavor:
Hello, House.

She does not pray.
She is not encouraging.
She is not supportive.

Please, your advises..

Ladies! Ladies!! Ladies!!!
Never ever move in with a man you're not married to to avoid "see finish"

Ekwuchalam!

4 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by Mariangeles(f): 12:54pm On May 10, 2020
donbachi:
She's an agent of darkness.

Then what will you call a man who took a woman he didn't marry to live with him?
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by doitforyou(f): 1:03pm On May 10, 2020
Mariangeles:

Ladies! Ladies!! Ladies!!!
Never ever move in with a man you're not married to to avoid "see finish"

Ekwuchalam!
I never really understood this concept. I understand if it’s against your religion or ‘morals’ not to live with your boyfriend. Don’t you want to know how your potential husband will act when he has seen you finish? Isn’t marriage a whole big see finish??

7 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This by frozen70(f): 1:05pm On May 10, 2020
endeavor:
Hello, House.

She does not pray.
She is not encouraging.
She is not supportive.

Please, your advises..

A woman doesn't need to be stubborn thst she won't take advice likewise men

If you think you can't cope, now is the best time to think twice

There have been no commitment between both of you so far

Reverse the memories of the relationship and get to a conclusion that you will be happy with

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Parents Find Wives For Their Son? / Edirin Onogeta-idogun Mother Jailed Over 'missing' Son / Which Is Higher In Nigeria? - Birth Rate Or Death Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.