Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,472 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 (45583 Views)

COVID-19: 184 New Cases Reported, 6 Deaths And 111 Discharged On May 13 / COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 / COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by NairalandSon: 7:42am On May 10, 2020
Donaldoni:
Only a lunatic will call for a total shutdown where the number of deaths is less than 1,000 after over 3 months of the virus being in the country... angry

The sham lockdown we had previously didn't stop the numbers from increasing... embarassed

Coronavirus is no worse than other deadly diseases like TB, Cancer and co that we know... angry

So is it a wise decision for us to wait till death toll reaches 1000/day before we do total lockdown? Is that a wise decision?

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by Nobody: 7:48am On May 10, 2020
VickyRotex:

Learning to live/deal with it is not pushing your citizens out there to go fend for themselves.

Other nations are learning to deal with it by only easing the restrictions (again I use the word "easing" cos they didn't totally lift the lockdown) after the virus spread has reached its peak. And these are countries with very good health care.

However my wonderful nation made coronavirus look like a childs play by lifting the lockdown when cases are increasing everyday. They make it look like the virus takes a vacation during the day and only shows up at night like egungun. Smh

how are you sure that the cases are truly increasing? d situation in Kogi state has opened some people's eyes, except for some of u who still choose to remain eyes closed
Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by NairaMaster1(m): 7:54am On May 10, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
Another new set of malaria and typhoid in Lagos

Coro in Lagos be like

Your eyes will soon clear
Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by olax02(m): 8:00am On May 10, 2020
The virus is real and it has come to stay in zoo, we just need to learn how to live with it...cos we Are not ready to deal with it.. grin

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by dollarnaira: 8:07am On May 10, 2020
NairalandSon:

So is it a wise decision for us to wait till death toll reaches 1000/day before we do total lockdown? Is that a wise decision?

Even if we lockdown for 6months NCDC will record cases.
Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by dollarnaira: 8:09am On May 10, 2020
THE PANICK IS TOO MUCH JOR
some of us can even drink and bath with sanitiser.
Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by dboo442: 8:15am On May 10, 2020
bet9ja pls add covid 19 poll result to booker,i need to cashout oh meh c sure odd lagos over 50.5 cases 1.80 odd,kano cases everyday(special offer)1.40 odd etc gringrin
Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by HazardMan(m): 8:17am On May 10, 2020
Mrford:
97 what in lagos? Lockdown lagos again or Mount a serious block on its border to other states. If someone must leave, he must self isolate for 14days while been monitored.

Because as it stands now, bed space will soon finish and the real shit starts.

Unless perhaps NCDC is doing us America wonder.
Can someone travel from lagos to enugu right now?
Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by zedman1(m): 8:18am On May 10, 2020
landmark86:
NCDC we will not take this results.
We are just seeing figures like INEC rigging results.

Statement released by kwara state government this evening claimed they have 4 case with 1 casualty but NCDC results showed 6.

We all no the virus is real but this figure are not acceptable.
Meanwhile is Kogi not part of Nigeria anymore? Cos u can't tell that poor state with their uselessss governar will not have a single case of Covik-19.
Bro, if a case is reported in Kogi would you believe? How much tests per day do we conduct? Why do we accept results from other countries which are far higher than ours? Is the entire world scamming us too? Or is the virus in Nigeria only different or weaker than theirs? You guys should stop all these things you post online, you have myriads of crowd buying what you write who do not take time to think critically. It is such people who spread the virus out of ignorance.
Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by macjireh: 8:28am On May 10, 2020
Xioxing:
you are lost my friend... Please stop daydreaming cause your 5th generation from now will look at this which you typed and be ashamed you were once part of their family cause the world did not end as you taught them and please take note... No god can end the world except God almighty who only knew how the world was created... Not even any of his sons the world worships and tag supreme cause they are too scared to use their brains... How many years from now N the only thing you can make out is this crap... The world ending!! How have you helped the world or rather Earth where you are to develop? I don't want to believe you are one of those pastors who siphon the wealth of their poor members while selling them a story full of lies and hatred and terror ....have you ever asked yourself why didn't your god give prophesies about the future...he didn't mention aero planes...smart phone...computers...robots...cars... Laboratories where meds will be made for our own good!! He thought the world will remain same way it was in his time...so he only gave prophesies about horses...chariots ...wars which will be fought with foot soldier's Spears and arrows... Hahaha very myopic being who couldn't see 3000 years ahead now tells you of an imaginary Earth destruction and also an illusionary hell and you sold out your ancestors religion and believe to come here and type gibberish for knowledgeable homos like me here... Please. I have a job for you cause I now understand most of you illusionary preachers can now see what your god couldn't see or prophecy about... Go to any traditionalist in your community and tell him/her the world will end soon and what ever answer he gives you... Take it from me... It is 100% more sincere and accurate than the story (Faulkin) Jesus Christ ... Sol and Petra and the rest cooked up in the Bible!!
Please spend time going through this link and learn great knowledge and believe me I am trying to save your soul....same goes out to everyone here...if you tired of the Bible and other religious crap and you want to know fully about God... Earth...the universe...his sons... The real characters in the Bible not the cooked stories y'all have now please open this thread and share it to the rest of the world... Religion has set us back from the rest of the world cause we now fear a very powerless god who through a half homo like us...started compiling the first scrolls of the Bible from stolen scripts just to cage the mind of the homos on Earth....now he is no where to be found cause he is powerless...a liar... Cunny unforgiving god with a great love for violence... Little wonders his father (God almighty) changed his name from nymphidis to Satan and that of his younger sibling from largas to Lucifer (please don't let me school you on things your retard god did not want y'all to know... But he can't do anything now cause the world will soon find out the truth and he will be very soon. Irrelevant and still can't do shit about it cause his other siblings like Chuku..god of science..mother nature and the rest has bond him in a spiritual cage!! If you doubt me please go and use your Bible/prayers to heal a covid19 patient and come back with the outcome!!
https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos
I pray u and I are alive by 2023 to see God Almighty manifesting His power from Nigeria to d world..He's gonna visit Nigeria physically very soon
Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:38am On May 10, 2020
VickyRotex:

Ahhh bros mi, long time cheesy cheesy

I see you're just buying land everywhere grin grin

Ile oti su ni bi ti mo wa. smiley

I'm fine. Thank you. How have you been?
Lol. Mo kan ni kin sere ile rira ni.
Kin se bi omode.
Stay safe.
Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by Donben007: 8:47am On May 10, 2020
Where all our pastors with there prophecy?
Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by Bootinfos(m): 8:48am On May 10, 2020
AIT1:
But I thought Covid19 is the cause of the "mysterious deaths" in Kano. So, why is Kano now having lesser cases than Lagos?

Honestly it baffles me alot ...

https://bisincome.com
Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by yinkaOdutuyo: 8:54am On May 10, 2020
Nbote:
Lagos na sure over 50.5 goals daily.. Slowing getting to 5000

Brois like you play naijabet wells can you teach me pls on how to place odds
Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by Mrford(m): 9:01am On May 10, 2020
HazardMan:
Can someone travel from lagos to enugu right now?

Stay where you are.
Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by Xioxing: 9:04am On May 10, 2020
macjireh:

I pray u and I are alive by 2023 to see God Almighty manifesting His power from Nigeria to d world..He's gonna visit Nigeria physically very soon
ok 2023 then... And if that doesn't happen will you promise me to open that link and read it by 2024?
Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by TheKingIsHere: 9:17am On May 10, 2020
MillerJnr:

we should worry more about Lagos than even Kano. cuz the cases here are alarming.

Exactly what I was saying.

People with misplaced priorities are crying for Kano and the north, when Lagos infected alone is more than almost 10northern states
Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by MillerJnr(m): 9:20am On May 10, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

People with misplaced priorities are crying for Kano and the north, when Lagos infected alone is more than almost 10northern states

what i see is that most southerners are just too obsessed about the north ,forget these people and development the southern region
Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by chyket(m): 9:23am On May 10, 2020
The truth is that as our testing capacity is improving,the figures will continue to increase because we are already in the community -transmission stage and that's what is happening currently.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by HazardMan(m): 9:35am On May 10, 2020
Mrford:

Stay where you are.
I understand, but i just de ask
Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by Mrford(m): 10:02am On May 10, 2020
HazardMan:

I understand, but i just de ask

People are travelling everyday. Na Naija naa. But the stress can make you regret.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by Nbote(m): 10:03am On May 10, 2020
yinkaOdutuyo:

Brois like you play naijabet wells can you teach me pls on how to place odds

My broda flee from betting and punting.. I have neva been to a bet shop my whole life
Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by sisisioge: 10:12am On May 10, 2020
Gombe was not even mentioned.. Na wa o
Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by MartinsD12(m): 10:26am On May 10, 2020
fergie001:

https://twitter.com/NCDCgov/status/1259244956134367237?s=19

https://covid19.ncdc.gov.ng/
Kogi no get a single case how possible is that and if it's true then know that this has vindicated my opinion earlier here that NCDC reportage of COVID-19 figures are inconsistent and lacks transparency, this is widely politically motivated for money funding benefits, the incident that happened in kogi between the governor and NCDC officials sent their to help which the governor sent back for their refusal to get themselves quarantine for 14days has exposed NCDC incompetency
Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by fortran12: 10:34am On May 10, 2020
Xioxing:
which of the God are you talking about ?cause I vividly remember there is a God that some people worship and the claim his supreme who through his priest has always stood against everything science... A god that has a vendetta with development and the use of our brains to sort of cases.. so I mean no harm just a question from my personal investigation

You are wrong with your claim, several notable scientists believed in God. Investigate thoroughly and come to a reasonable conclusion.
Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by IFNOTGOD(m): 10:50am On May 10, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

ask ursef if d people dat have died in d north from the mysterious sickness which was later said to be covid 19 are more Dan dat of Lagos or not?

u should focus on d death rather Dan d no. of those infected.

the questions to be asked are;

1. the so called recoveries what set of drugs are dey using n y same can't b used on a medical trial basis so we have a focus dat, look o these set of drugs fights dis thing n den use it.

2. Lagos said some dat tested positive are on d run, dis shows d figures brandished are no longer what it should be, u don't count destroyed eggs as part of the eggs u still have in ur store

3. till date no pics of the isolated or how d dead are buried, what we have is a dashboard of no. of cases daily

4. the Benue index case has been on isolation for 45 days n she claims she doesn't have covid 19, this shows something is fishy.

5. the case of kogi state comes to mind, why did d NCDC officials refused to b tested n quarantined for a period of 14 days, now the FG says dey want to investigate, is it a must for all states of the federation to have d virus.

6. have u seen or heard of anyone around u with d test dat have been isolated or died from covid 19?

7. someone died im Niger state without confirming cause of death dey said it is covid 19, dis surely shows dat d figures brandished everyday are not correct.

not saying covid 19 is not in Nigeria but we should tell ourselves d truth, with d propaganda from dis govt, if truly d figures are real den we would not be talking of easing or not easing lockdown d death would have spoken n d ordinary man would have seen it dis is because we don't have d medical facility or personnel to.tackle dis disease compared to d western countries who records high mortality rate daily.
Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by VickyRotex(f): 10:55am On May 10, 2020
Doyou2019:

If next week's results aren't as bad as this week's or even worse, then NCDC must be playing games.

I really hope the results are not worse. Although its expected to get worse but I can only hope for a miracle.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by BreconHills(m): 10:55am On May 10, 2020
Donaldoni:
Only a lunatic will call for a total shutdown where the number of deaths is less than 1,000 after over 3 months of the virus being in the country... angry

The sham lockdown we had previously didn't stop the numbers from increasing... embarassed

Coronavirus is no worse than other deadly diseases like TB, Cancer, and co that we know... angry
The challenge of the corona is not in how deadly it is. It is the fact that unlike the diseases you mentioned it is highly infectious and can spread even through people who do not/never show symptoms of the disease. If it is allowed to play its hand, even the economy will naturally run aground even without a lockdown. As you can see demand for most goods and services remains very soft because the priorities of consumers have changed. Many many businesses are going to shut down if they do not restructure. Some cant restructure even if they wanted to. Unless we get the technology to live a new life safely such as face shields, reorganization of public and workspaces, corona hotspot tracing and warning apps and remote medical diagnostic equipment that allows for the monitoring of the location and vital signs of infected people and their families - demand for most goods and services will naturally crumble. Unfortunately, many people will resist upskilling or changing their job descriptions until forced to.
Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by VickyRotex(f): 10:58am On May 10, 2020
Saintinoo:

What do you mean by totally eased the lockdown..no body totally eased the lockdown in Nigeria, just that Nigerians are very sturborn.

In this case i expect the police and army should come in to enforce this restrictions.

Bros, letting people (AKA Everyone) go outside from 6am to 8pm in a place like Lagos is totally easing the lockdown in my dictionary.

There's a saying that goes: "Give an inch and they'll take a mile".
Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by VickyRotex(f): 11:01am On May 10, 2020
chukel:
you said incubation period is between 2 and 14 days , and you still maintain these results are not effect of lockdown relaxation? Today is 10th. Lockdown was relaxed on 4th. This is 6th day and 6 is between 2 and 14. Guy, we have started experiencing the effect. It will only increase.

I said so, but read the part where I also said 50 to 60%. i.e, not everyone shows symptoms in the first 2 to 6 days. So these results shows a part of the restriction liftoff.
Also it takes a couple of days for test results to return to NCDC so again, this doesn't account 100% for May 4th.
There are likely to be more results in the coming week. Hopefully not cry
Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by VickyRotex(f): 11:08am On May 10, 2020
EjaikreTheViper:

sharaaaaap!!!

Enjoy!

Re: COVID-19: 239 New Cases Reported, 11 Deaths And 66 Discharged On May 9 by VickyRotex(f): 11:09am On May 10, 2020
Mrmourinho:

how are you sure that the cases are truly increasing? d situation in Kogi state has opened some people's eyes, except for some of u who still choose to remain eyes closed

Please explain how the situation in Kogi has opened people's eyes before I can make a comment. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! / Man Spots A Pregnant Mad Woman On The Road & Gets Shocked. Photos / Abroad-based Nigerian Man Dies 2 Days After Village Visit, Bitten By Strange Ant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.