Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,462 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners (47729 Views)

300 Men, 83 Women, Child Evacuated From UAE Arrive Abuja / 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja / This Is How Human Waste Is Evacuated From An Aeroplane. (photos And Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by Pandev(m): 4:39am On May 10, 2020
Chai!
Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by Nobody: 4:41am On May 10, 2020
The inhuman torture on Nigerians abroad is very absurd, so barbaric. So many can't speak out becos of the treat they'd face.

Main while, I need a technical job between Lagos, Delta & pH. Pls someone should be of aid to me, link me up. I'm tired sending CVs.
Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by Addme: 4:43am On May 10, 2020
Onebyonedead:

It is right when it does not involve u or your family
What are you saying bro?
It's right because that's the right thing to do.
If your family members come from outside the country at this time, would you roll a red carpet,hug and start throwing parties?
Even a parent in Ekiti rejected their son who came all the way from Lagos.
Safety First.....

14 Likes

Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by CandidNotes: 4:49am On May 10, 2020
People in quarantine stay indoors. You don't "stroll" around the premises to prevent any of you contracting or depositing the virus etc. That you tested negative today does not mean you might not be positive in a couple of days. Please stay indoors and compare 2 weeks of your life to the possible death of yourself and others!

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by uthlaw: 4:53am On May 10, 2020
Who say make ena cum back where we dey try runaway from....you are on your own ooo!
Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by onadana: 4:53am On May 10, 2020
KingJa:
This is not out of the norm, there is a 2 week strict quarantine period for new arrivals whether you tested positive or not, due to a 2 week incubation period the Covid-19 has.

After 2 weeks the strict restriction should be lifted according to protocol. It’s tough but I don’t think the govt is being harsh intentionally. Just my opinion anyway.

I don't understand ooo.Do they think they're on holidays or what?Even requesting to get sunshine.Two weeks no far,if your sample returns negative. Good and fine.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by Kubernetes: 4:58am On May 10, 2020
I never knew Nigeria is very dear to all those boasting and feeling because they are in Yankee until this Covid surfaced.They always reject,spit and talk very bad of their mother land.Now all wanna come back.Even Benny Brusia.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by OgaRico(m): 4:58am On May 10, 2020
Since they are preventive measures on ground in regards to the spreading of the virus,maybe they should be given face mask to put on and then allow them to come out for at least five minutes in the morning and in the evening.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by egojiokwu(m): 5:02am On May 10, 2020
Even if you guys are treated like prisoners, it is better than allowing you to infect 200M Nigerians with COVID-19. If Nigeria had applied strategy like this from the beginning, we wouldn't have been where we are today in terms of the number of cases.

Anyway, I wish you COVID-19 NEGATIVE after your 14 days.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by mukthar2000(m): 5:02am On May 10, 2020
“We have been here for three days now but we have not
been allowed to even breathe fresh air or even feel sunlight
on our skin. It is as if we are in prison. Even the food we are
being given is not good at all. We are just managing it.”

You are their for just three days and u are complaining, what of we that have being battling with it in Niger since, guy it better u go back OK.

Another evacuee told newsmen no government official had
even called or visited to check their welfare except some
officials of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control who
visited them on Saturday morning.

Government office keee, who want to die , they are the most Cowardice of this pandemic and deceiver, guy accept ur Faith u guys have being deceive back to Niger by liars.

“We are not allowed to even stroll within the compound. We
are just inside our rooms. If things continue this way, some
of us may even fall sick from being idle,” he said.

Guy stay were u dey I beg, after 14day u would be free, don't add more to the problems on ground.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai
Mohammed, neither responded to calls nor a text message
on Saturday.

Haaaa, u guys are doing very big mistake for calling or texting that man, that man was the most lair Mohammed of this country.

Guy accepte ur faith and keep praying for way forward after in Niger after they free u guy.
Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by FlordFlorez(m): 5:03am On May 10, 2020
joelbooks:

Pick you said? It is compulsory Quarantine, whether they like it or not
Was abba kyari quarantined? Buhari's daughter nko? Host of many politicians. The truth is, this government brought & spread this virus.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by Trybes(m): 5:09am On May 10, 2020
They have no sense to treat their citizens good. Always looking for money to loot. Some people being treated of covid19 might have died due to poor handling and not even the virus.
Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by nsiba: 5:15am On May 10, 2020
SHARAP
Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by ugbarreta(m): 5:15am On May 10, 2020
Oga Abeg make una endure am, afterall the entire world is a prison yard now. U have 10days to go. Sorry abt how u r bn treated anyways.
Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by Agugbadin: 5:15am On May 10, 2020
Which government officials, just endure is only 14days you will all be free. If you are expecting anything from this government forget it.
Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by dominique(f): 5:16am On May 10, 2020
You're in quarantine and you want to be strolling around and getting fresh air, are these ones ok at all? Is it compulsory for government officials to come and visit repatriates? The NCDC officials visit is more important than any government officials visit. That you're returnees doesn't mean you must be given royal treatment and rules must be flouted for you. An African country put her returnees in compulsory quarantine and billed them approximately 800k after 14days. What should those ones now do?

2 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by Obidon1(m): 5:22am On May 10, 2020
You people are not serious you agree to stay 14 days when you are back but just 3 days you started complaining when you are in Dubai did you go out they try and bring you back you are there making noise

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by Mcdaniels06: 5:27am On May 10, 2020
Well is expected to be a compulsory quarantine,
which could carry or require these strict measures because of the nature of the incubation process and timelag of the said disease,
And offcourse, it's only the NCDC officials that should be allowed to go check them for both medical and precautionary purpose,
but haba, our government could have done better, the disease don't transmit through phone or video calls, at least call and check on them,
Ask them to appoint a representative, organize video calls and speak with them to please calm calm down, and further excercise patience with the procedures of the quaratine process, make sure they have good food at least to eat, they may not be allowed to come out to the open place but their little rooms can also be made a safe haven for them if the right measures are put in place and not make them fell like the room is a prison. Then assure them frequently, that after 14 days they would personally be transported to their families even if that is not feasible but at least to make them feel very comfortable and enjoy the process now... My Own Take Oo.

Meanwhile check my Signature below

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by trueconscience(m): 5:30am On May 10, 2020
I hope the reporter who made the interview observed social distancing? If not, how did he get access to them?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by micmond: 5:31am On May 10, 2020
They're complaining as if they just discovered a country called Nigeria. Abeg Nigeria get so much to care for, you lots should just manage what ever service they offered to you, stay out your 11 remaining days and leave the hotel for others.
Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by Ade3131: 5:32am On May 10, 2020
joelbooks:

Stroll and infect others?

No mind them. From stroll now, you'll hear they absconded from the quarantine center. They know the terms before accepting to jump ship and return to Nigeria. It is a compulsory quarantine for crying out loud and they shouldn't expect it to be smooth sailing although the quality of their food shouldn't be compromised. Lagos State govt. should look into that ASAP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by meticulous4real(m): 5:34am On May 10, 2020
They should have known that before.
Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by maxjax(m): 5:42am On May 10, 2020
they dont need the fresh air and sun light for now....stay in doors ....those agents aint your friend. dont get shot

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by Nobody: 5:43am On May 10, 2020
Not good for ones imagination.
Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by Gkay1(m): 5:53am On May 10, 2020
Na wa o
Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by Hdayo1(m): 5:55am On May 10, 2020
MetaPhysical:
They said no government official has come to see them. grin grin

Where is Minister Onyeama to please visit our Dubai VIPs?

People that go to fckng dubai as migrant workers are back home speaking abroad phonetics and asking for special treatment. Abi na arabic dey speak? grin

Lack of info is what is clearly your issue. I live in Dubai so I have first info about the country. I earn AED5,000 (N500,000) at my current job as jewellery store attendant while I have a friend who earns N8,500 (N850,000) as primary sch teacher and some even earn more per month. The only issue I have with that country is that u don’t get permanent residence or citizenship. Aside from that, u don’t compare a teller in dubai to a bank manager in Nigeria so u are not wrong for calling them Dubai VIPs.
Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by PigTormentor: 5:59am On May 10, 2020
So those from the NCDC are not government officials? You are expecting the foreign minister to come and visit you just because you just came back from Dubai?
Nigerians and their victim/entitled mentality.
The govt is doing what they are supposed to do, keep you quarantined for 14 days. Stop crying over everything.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by shigoawesu(m): 6:00am On May 10, 2020
mmsen:

The UK is a terrible example. They have the most deaths in Europe and its growing.

Many people there are still not taking it seriously there with parties etc happening in homes.

Two weeks isolation is right.
Don't mind them anything white do is the best
Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by Nobody: 6:07am On May 10, 2020
Una don see am? We tell you guys to stay put over there because person wey dey inside prison over there better pass person wey dey walk freely over here but una refused, welcome back to HELL
Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by Tajbol4splend(m): 6:14am On May 10, 2020
There's nothing Nigeria does that is done well
Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by leksite120(m): 6:15am On May 10, 2020
These guys are just shouting or maybe the report is false, cos I know someone among them that said the life they're enjoying there is so great, they're in a nice hotel in Victoria Island.

They are eating nice food and all, she even said she doesn't expect Nigeria govt to treat them that nice

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners by Jaqenhghar: 6:16am On May 10, 2020
When people go abroad, they get so comfortable that they forget why they left that shithole in the first place. Usually a visit resets their brains

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine / Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) / US Based Nigerian Lady Shares How She Spends All Her Finances On Bills (pix/vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.