Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe (50187 Views)

Can a graduate like me marry a financially stable illiterate woman? Please help / I Spotted This Fat Dude Outside My House By 4AM(Scary Photos) / My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by bigdot1759(m): 6:24pm On May 10, 2020
Just tell ur mother to bring one angel for u to marry nah
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by Kidakudz5: 6:24pm On May 10, 2020
Stick to your tribe bro.. you can date/fvxk other tribes but stick to your tribe when it comes to marriage..

8 Likes

Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by Mexyz(m): 6:24pm On May 10, 2020
This certainly looks like what my mom can do also... I just weak for our parents sometimes

1 Like

Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by EjaikreTheViper(f): 6:24pm On May 10, 2020
foolish Op!!!
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by Dpharisee: 6:25pm On May 10, 2020
33 years old boy. Guy get a life for yourself. Na your father go help you give the wife he wants for you from your tribe belle. shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by EjaikreTheViper(f): 6:25pm On May 10, 2020
Mexyz:
This certainly looks like what my mom can do also... I just weak for our parents sometimes

small pikin
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by ud4u: 6:25pm On May 10, 2020
At this jet age I wish you well
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by mmsen: 6:26pm On May 10, 2020
Renida:

You're Akwa Ibom. Let me speak to you as an elder. Dismiss that love immediately and go do your mother's bidding. I won't state my reasons. You were told o cool

You don't have a reason to state.

Stop lying to the man.

6 Likes

Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by Jakemedg(m): 6:26pm On May 10, 2020
ignis:
33 years old....
Shame on you
Is that necessary?

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by ignis: 6:26pm On May 10, 2020
Jakemedg:
Is that necessary?
.very necessary

1 Like

Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by bishop4life(m): 6:26pm On May 10, 2020
Forget about anyone saying you are immature blah blah blah.

Not everyone here knows what family is. many persons here are product of broken or battling families.

Leave that girl, bone that love.

Don't make yourself an outcast in your own family.

5 Likes

Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by friday2011(m): 6:27pm On May 10, 2020
nyzeo:
I am 33 and I come from a state from the south south. I met a girl in Lagos 4 years ago who is from the south east and we have been very good friends ever since then.

I have developed very strong affection for her over time and we started dating. We really love each other now and we have have finalized plans to get married anytime between this year and early next year.

The issues now is that my parents are insisting I marry from my state, somebody who speaks the same language. It has caused me to have issues with my mother because she is the orchestra of all this tribal bigotry.

Please lala and house memeber make una advice me abeg. I have found someone who truly complements my life I really sincerely love this lady. Thanks

Young man, go ahead and marry her as long as her parents accepts you with both hands...

Tell your parents, she is the girl you love, convince them more that you will be fine with her... Go to them with someone they respect a lot...

I am sure you will finally have there blessings...

I was in your shoes about 10 years ago...

By the grace of God, today, the marriage is blessed with 3 brilliant boys and a lot of material blessings.

I promised you it will work...

Dont fight anybody, just be calm and continue talking to them.

14 Likes

Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 10, 2020
ignis:
33 years old....

Shame on you
What if he MARRIES you and you MURDER him..
Because the TRAIT is already in you...
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by Lastmankc(m): 6:28pm On May 10, 2020
Baby husband to be

1 Like

Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 10, 2020
It repulses me how a hefty old man wouldn't wanna grow up.
Eww angry
[img]https:///view/jim-carrey-jif-gif-message-gif-5642452.gif[/img]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by ignis: 6:29pm On May 10, 2020
EVILFOREST:

What if he MARRIES you and you MURDER him..
Because the TRAIT is already in you...

I will murder you before I muder him.

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by deltateam: 6:29pm On May 10, 2020
Lastorator:

ntak mmor etangá ntro o
k

Etanga you there.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by alizma: 6:29pm On May 10, 2020
nyzeo:
I am 33 and I come from a state from the south south. I met a girl in Lagos 4 years ago who is from the south east and we have been very good friends ever since then.

I have developed very strong affection for her over time and we started dating. We really love each other now and we have have finalized plans to get married anytime between this year and early next year.

The issues now is that my parents are insisting I marry from my state, somebody who speaks the same language. It has caused me to have issues with my mother because she is the orchestra of all this tribal bigotry.

Please lala and house memeber make una advice me abeg. I have found someone who truly complements my life I really sincerely love this lady. Thanks
Is she from Imo state? If yes, try to know why your parents don't want you to marry from that particular area

5 Likes

Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by ChengHun(m): 6:29pm On May 10, 2020
I want to teach people how to create whiteboard animation chat me up if interested 09031101256

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by wizzytm(m): 6:30pm On May 10, 2020
Marry your woman, and damn all consequences. Your parents won't be there when you start suffering as a result of ending up in an unhappy marriage. Have a man to man talk with your father, if he affirms your decision, your mum will have no choice than to accept, even if not wholeheartedly.

I remember when I started dating my girlfriend, my mum opposed it from all angles, even involved a pastor, I just had a heart to heart talk with my old man, and made it clear that nothing will change my decision, in no time my mum had to agree, now she and my girl are like mother and daughter.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by Nitric(m): 6:30pm On May 10, 2020
nyzeo:

These people telling you to go ahead and disobey your parents will not be there when the storm starts.

I discovered through experience that marrying from your tribe saves you a lot of additional stress in marriage!

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by Jakemedg(m): 6:31pm On May 10, 2020
ignis:

.very necessary
you haven't seen or heard of men who married at 35 or even older
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by Owutuotuo(m): 6:31pm On May 10, 2020
Renida:
At 33 your life is still being run by external parties.

First, leave your parents house dude and be a man. If you stand on your own, you will command respected it's your orders that will be followed. And not the other way around.

Also, stop going to ask for favors from your parents. Till you stop, you continue to be subject to their decisions

Also I just checked your time line the past 6 years and your comments are filled with the rants of a spoiled child. Perhaps you need people to make decisions for you afterall

Dear mods. Let's move this thread to front page so we can have more insights. It will really stimulate interactions, discussions and drive traffic. Thank you

Your conclusions are obviously faulty.

First, there was no mention that he stays with his parents.
Second, he didn’t mention he asked any favors from his parent(s) that could warrant the treatment.
You cannot draw inferences in such assumptions.

@Op,
You need to be you want that girl, and take it up in prayers. Your happiness in God’s will is the crux of this matter. Be patient with your mom because you need her blessings. Insist on your desire with humility and trust God. Oh still have ample time to get it through. Don’t mind that you’re 33. Marry someone you know you can’t live without rather than one you can live with.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by ignis: 6:31pm On May 10, 2020
Jakemedg:
you haven't seen or heard of men who married at 35 or even older

I haven't

1 Like

Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by SweetCunt97(f): 6:31pm On May 10, 2020
nyzeo:
Akwa ibom
Tell your parents to go hug transformer.

4 Likes

Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by Mexyz(m): 6:31pm On May 10, 2020
EjaikreTheViper:

small pikin
Excuse me ma,
Where exactly is small pikin written in my reply?
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by AlhajaChinyere: 6:32pm On May 10, 2020
I pity you OP!

E go clear for your eye sooner or later!
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by Tlyon(m): 6:32pm On May 10, 2020
Op I don't know y your mum asked you not to marry outside your tribe but I think asking her to break it down would only do good , and it's proper of a person wanting to wed to asking the favour of his/her parent so as to be on the right track.finally pray over it and ask GOD above all human to put light through your path.I so submit

but wait wetin dem go come do me wey no dey think of marry naija babes?

1 Like

Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 10, 2020
ignis:

I will murder you before I muder him.
I believe you.
No doubts at all.
After all you people had a direct encounter with the Devil.
No one directly encounters the devil and remains the same

1 Like

Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by abdsamad(m): 6:33pm On May 10, 2020
nyzeo:

Sorry
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by babakb: 6:33pm On May 10, 2020
Donald3d:
grin grin

You need to understand that you are now a man and no one should make decisions for you.
If you allow anyone control who you marry, you would keep bowing to their pressures and control even after you get married.
Take your stand ! . But be very sure that she is a good choice. You are good to go.
Make your mom see reasons why you are making a valid choice. Make her see what you see in her.

If his parents are still giving him handouts or accommodation then he is not a man yet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

8 Ways To Know That A Guy Is Not Ready For Marriage / After Sex, Do You Tell Your Partner, "Thank You" / Detained Female Soldier Will Be Penalised For Accepting Corper’s Proposal – Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.