Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,724 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

My Experience Of Getting Scammed In Lagos, Share Yours - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience Of Getting Scammed In Lagos, Share Yours (622 Views)

Guys, Share Your Experience Of Sexual Abuse / I Got Scammed In 2016 , Now Am Considering This / How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Of Getting Scammed In Lagos, Share Yours by Rhemzie: 3:58pm On May 10, 2020
Wow
Just got back to my room and am so ashamed of myself. I used to think I was smart until I met this Lagos guys today.

I walked pass them and I noticed 7 people were around the guy doing the trick, I waited to see how it's been done.

This guy has three black plastics cards that can be closed and open, so one of the cards has a white symbol on it. This guy would rearrange and ask anyone to pick where the white colour is, after which you can use N500 to win N1000. Someone played it and got it wrong, mean while I got it right like three times in my mind thinking this shit is simple mhen.

The trick guy pointed at me to try for free and when I get it I will bring N500 to get N1000. I did and I got it right, then I asked for the N1000 so I can give him the N500 with me, he didn't want to release it then I gave him the N500. Then he quickly reopen the card I got right again and the white was no more saying I missed it. I was confused and realised it's all scam, then I wanted to wait to get my money back since everyone concluded I did not win. I was the only one and I couldn't even fight.

It was after a while I noticed all of them there are of the same team and they are only playing it for the next victim to think you can actually win and leave with the money. Thank God I was not with my phone or alot of money, they would have suck me dry today because later on the guy said they will return my N500 to me that I should show everyone what's is in my pocket to be sure I want my money back.
I was like WTF, then he touched my purse and asked me to bring it out....I only had my Id cards and condoms in them. The niggas would have tricked me again to collect the money but I don't even know if they are using jazz. It all happened withing 5 minutes. OMG! Lagos is not for everyone oo grin

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Of Getting Scammed In Lagos, Share Yours by emmyboy162(m): 4:01pm On May 10, 2020
Re: My Experience Of Getting Scammed In Lagos, Share Yours by illicit(m): 4:04pm On May 10, 2020
I don buy fufu phone at Ikeja underbridge ( computer village) BB curve for 9,000.

Men I almost cried

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Of Getting Scammed In Lagos, Share Yours by ojun50(m): 4:06pm On May 10, 2020
Na longtroat dey do you.

Next time if you see where crowed gather you Walker fast

1 Like

Re: My Experience Of Getting Scammed In Lagos, Share Yours by Ed12(m): 4:07pm On May 10, 2020
No play play for Lagos!!..
Re: My Experience Of Getting Scammed In Lagos, Share Yours by Rhemzie: 4:08pm On May 10, 2020
ojun50:
Na longtroat dey do you.

Next time if you see where crowed gather you Walker fast
I agree bro, learnt my lesson.
Re: My Experience Of Getting Scammed In Lagos, Share Yours by Rhemzie: 4:08pm On May 10, 2020
illicit:
I don buy fufu phone at Ikeja underbridge ( computer village) BB curve for 9,000.

Men I almost cried

Sorry mehn.
My own was not much but it got to me still!

1 Like

Re: My Experience Of Getting Scammed In Lagos, Share Yours by Dreal1247: 4:13pm On May 10, 2020
In this period when many have been reset to hunger mode. New ways of tricking people of their hard earned cash are just coming out on daily basis. STAY SAFE, ACT SAFE, PLAY SAFE, AND YOU WILL ARRIVE ALIVE AND SAFE.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Of Getting Scammed In Lagos, Share Yours by GboyegaD(m): 4:15pm On May 10, 2020
I was once a victim. Lost almost N2000 in January of 2002. Since then, I told myself, I don't need to make it quick, would rather go slow and steady.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Of Getting Scammed In Lagos, Share Yours by HarunaWest(m): 4:32pm On May 10, 2020
Rhemzie:
Wow
Just got back to my room and am so ashamed of myself. I used to think I was smart until I met this Lagos guys today.

I walked pass them and I noticed 7 people were around the guy doing the trick, I waited to see how it's been done.

This guy has three black plastics cards that can be closed and open, so one of the cards has a white symbol on it. This guy would rearrange and ask anyone to pick where the white colour is, after which you can use N500 to win N1000. Someone played it and got it wrong, mean while I got it right like three times in my mind thinking this shit is simple mhen.

The trick guy pointed at me to try for free and when I get it I will bring N500 to get N1000. I did and I got it right, then I asked for the N1000 so I can give him the N500 with me, he didn't want to release it then I gave him the N500. Then he quickly reopen the card I got right again and the white was no more saying I missed it. I was confused and realised it's all scam, then I wanted to wait to get my money back since everyone concluded I did not win. I was the only one and I couldn't even fight.

It was after a while I noticed all of them there are of the same team and they are only playing it for the next victim to think you can actually win and leave with the money. Thank God I was not with my phone or alot of money, they would have suck me dry today because later on the guy said they will return my N500 to me that I should show everyone what's is in my pocket to be sure I want my money back.
I was like WTF, then he touched my purse and asked me to bring it out....I only had my Id cards and condoms in them. The niggas would have tricked me again to collect the money but I don't even know if they are using jazz. It all happened withing 5 minutes. OMG! Lagos is not for everyone oo grin
That game is called American Wonder

1 Like

Re: My Experience Of Getting Scammed In Lagos, Share Yours by Rhemzie: 4:34pm On May 10, 2020
HarunaWest:

That game is called American Wonder
No doubt about it. I wondered

Re: My Experience Of Getting Scammed In Lagos, Share Yours by LegendaryLover(m): 4:49pm On May 10, 2020
my brother if some1 can still deceive u with card game, then u be JJC.
no be new thing say dem dey use jazz or get click for that crowd.
abeg next time u want gamble "small naira change" wey dey ur pocket, then enter any sportbetting centre e.g bet9ja, play white paper. Maybe then, the god of luck may smile on u.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Of Getting Scammed In Lagos, Share Yours by ThatKING(m): 4:58pm On May 10, 2020
GboyegaD:
I was once a victim. Lost almost N2000 in January of 2002. Since then, I told myself, I don't need to make it quick, would rather go slow and steady.
wow eeya. Part of life experiences
Re: My Experience Of Getting Scammed In Lagos, Share Yours by Staphylococcus: 2:42am On May 11, 2020
grin grin grin

Welcome to Lagos!

You have been initiated

(1) (Reply)

(AUDIO) Ghana Health Boss In Sex Scandal; Begs To Lick Nurse's Vagina / Police Sergeant Faces Prosecution For Raping 17-year Old Girl In Lagos / Youths Beatup Elders Disclosing Information Of Ebonyi People To The Fulanis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.