Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,046 members, 7,953,157 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:31 AM

The Guardian ( An Anime- Ish Kind Of Story, So Please Enjoy.) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Guardian ( An Anime- Ish Kind Of Story, So Please Enjoy.) (349 Views)

God Owes Me - My Story So Far. / The Guardian ( An Anime- Ish Kind Of Story, So Please Enjoy.) / Ghosts In Corpers Lodge - Best Story So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Guardian ( An Anime- Ish Kind Of Story, So Please Enjoy.) by Esteedee12(m): 5:06pm On May 10, 2020
THE GUARDIAN

EPISODE ONE: PILOT

Nas snores soundly without a care to the world. Even though he needed the sleep, now is not the time for him to be slacking off. Today was the day, the day he had been waiting for all his life.

The alarm in his small-sized apartment starts to ring sending sound waves all around the room. This is not the first time that the alarm has rung, but this is the one that …

“I’m up, I’m up,” Nas shouted as he wakes up. He gets up from the bed still feeling a little bit sleepy as he reaches to off the alarm, he fumbled with the alarm, his mind still under the control of the sleep. But finally, he managed to shut it off.

“Damn, that thing can really cry”, he cried. As he was about to rest a bit, reality hit him in the face like a father's slap. “Oh no, not again.” He jumped out of the bed, his eyes spot time on the clock. “I am so doomed, why do this thing always happen to me? I can’t be late.”

Nas moved around his apartment like a surgeon doing heart surgery with precision, from the bathroom, to his closet, back to the bathroom then to bedroom. All in a flash, he was now on a black guardian combat short, a blue vest and the iconic guardian jacket which is colored ash with some orange pattern.

He was looking at the mirror admiring himself, his greyish hair all spunky. He was a Guardian. Well, not a full fledged Guardian, but at least he has gotten his Guardian shield. He opens the drawer just below the mirror as he brings out his shield.

The shield which had like a flat oval shape, blue in color. His shield was void because he was just just a rookie, but very soon his five stars would be activated and his dream of becoming a great Guardian would be achieved.

But that is a long way to go, and he acknowledges it and another thing he acknowledges, is that he was late.

He comes out of his apartment and runs into Benn his neighbor.

“Nas, late again. Even today. Wow, you are gonna be one shitty guardian” Benn stated.

“I learn from the best, beside I thought you were supposed to be on a mission,” Nas said as he locks his door.

Benn’s face turns white as he faces down. “Well, you see… I had some issues with my commander…and…” Benns looks up to see no one. “Damn you, Nas”

Nas on the rooftop as he races toward the guardian academy, as he maneuvers his way through the city roof, he could see people rushing just to get into a bus.

He smiles, as he remembers the time he too fought just to get on the bus. But now having been trained, he have now completed his guardianship. He could now leap buildings while the civilians fight for the bus.

The Guardian Academy, its gate stands tall painted Ash as a reminder to all, that no one is perfect we all have light and darkness within us.

Nas now at the gate, he noticed the gatekeeper wasn’t there. The old man should be at the ceremony he thought.

“Late again Nas.” The old man’s voice stopped him in his track.

“How come I never sense you, it’s like you don’t exist.”

The old smiled showing some crooked teeth.

“Nas, maybe you can’t sense a rusty like me or maybe your sensing ability is rusty. Who knows?”

“Or probably you are so good at concealment” Nas responds. “Why aren’t you at the ceremony? Today your favorite student graduates. “

The old man chuckles as he moves closer to Nas, their heights far apart. One an embodiment of ages past while the other a manifestation of things to come.

“Duty over love. I want you to remember that. For duty without love is acclaimed, but love without duty is worthless.” The old man confessed.

“As much I would love to be at the training ground, my duty won’t let me”

“Duty, I like the word, maybe I also can do my duty just like you”

“I pray so, but the road may not be straight. Hope you will persist?”

“We will just have to wait and see now, won’t we”

Nas grinned as he leaves the old man and heads toward the training ground.

The training ground beamed with excited faces as the Academy Coordinator stands on the podium. Master Mazik was as strict as they came, he was always on everyone neck. He ran the academy like a shoelace runs a shoe. No wonder the academy could boast of several numbers of guardian who became 3 stars and more.

“Now I would like to introduce the Guardian Sovereign. He has a small message for you and after that each graduates shall be allocated a mentor ” Mazik announced.

The Guardian Sovereign; Sola Anim takes the stage wearing her official robe, she was followed by her shadows; Tobie and Lora. The Guardian Sovereign nods her .approval towards Mazik as she faced the graduates.

Nas sees a vacant seat, his one and only green haired friend have kept it for him. He maneuvers his way through the crowd as he navigates to the chair.

“You are late.” Kanji stated just before Nas could sit down. “You are no longer a fledgling, but a guardian of this realm”

“Shh.” Nas, putting a finger on his lips.”The Sovereign of the realm is talking”

“Today is a grand day, for our realm now have another set of protectors to guard it from evil from beyond. I am happy, I don’t have any lecture to give you but a charge. How many stars are on your shield?”

The training ground was mute, the Sovereign smiled. “You are silent because you realize that your shield has no stars but that shouldn’t make you silent. In fact you should be delighted, for you all are guardians without the stars. So don’t let the stars on your shield define you, but rather you should define the stars on your shield. One star, two stars, three stars , four stars or even five stars none of them matters. Only what you have inside that matters.”

“Pfff, even a new born knows that a guardian without stars is nothing.” Nas scoffed.

“The Sovereign is right, if I chose my friends according to what they possess, you won’t be in my top 100. In fact I won’t even know you existed.” Kanji declared.

“Good to know I have nothing that is of interest to you,” Nas stated.

“Let me end by saying.” The Sovereign said. “Do not follow the stars, but let the stars follow you.”

The training ground lit up with excited claps, as they applauded for the Sovereign. She leaves the stage with her double shadows following closely.

A skinny guardian takes the stage as he announced that the list of mentors was now ready. Then like a flash of lightning, all the graduates’ shield beeped signaling incoming data.

“As if I knew it that I am going to be getting my dad as my mentor,” Kanji said. “Nas what about you?”

“I got Naka Kizu, but I don’t know who he is?”

“Where were you when we were taught Histories and Legends?”

“Don’t know, I guess sleeping or something. The name sounds familiar”

“Of course, it’s familiar. The Naka forest was named after him. In fact, he is regarded as the father of all elements.” Kanji proclaimed.

“If he were that good I should have heard of him'

“Nas, I’m pretty sure you are the one that is the odd one here, not knowing Naka the great Elementalist”

Nas is about to respond when he notice a disruption. “What’s going on?” He leaves Kanji to investigate.

Raga shouting at Ria, his red hair wild like his outburst. “How do I get your father as my mentor, what can I learn from him? Answer me!” He is about to hit her when Nas intervenes.

“About picking on me, Raga.” He said as he gives him a resonating punch. Raga sprawls to the ground as the crowd gasped.

Ria attempts to lift herself up. But Nas the gentleman, was already by her side helping her up.

“You shouldn’t have interfered” Ria says, her blue eyes showing concern.

“A thank you would have sufficed.”

Raga now angry as ever, his red hair shone like the red heat of a hot metal. He gets up ready to attacks.

“Dragon punch!” he yelled as his hands transformed to like the scales of a dragon.

“I think that’s enough, Raga” Konji said coolly. He stood as a barrier between Raga and Nas. His green eyes as icy as a cold shower on a cold day.
Raga's tantrum blows out instantly. He stops instantly and gives a disgruntled sound. “Always in a nick of time, Konji.” He stated. “You always strike at the right time, no wonder you are a Gurin.”

“Raga Drago, I see you truly inherited the rage of the dragons.” Kanji said.

“So now that both of you have finally introduced yourself, can I get back to my hero moment.” Nas announced.

“You sure do talk big when your master is around, old man” Raga sneered at Nas.

Nas laughed. “Kanji did not stop the fight to protect me, he stopped it for you.” Nas acknowledged. “He doesn’t want you to land in the hospital just moment after your graduation.”

Raga is about to respond when Master Mazik voice echoed throughout the room sending everyone to order.

“We shall settle this later, old man” Raga said.

“Till then.” Nas asserted.

Raga leaves.

Ria now able to stand moves to thank Kanji. “I don’t know what would have happened if you hadn’t shown up when you did.”

“Always taking my glory.” Nas exclaimed.

“Kanji, I have to be going and Nas please be careful, I know my cousin and he won’t let this matter go.” Ria blue eyes shines as she looked at Nas.

“You know me, I flow with the flow.” Nas responds moments later.

Nas and Konji are seen outside the Guardian Academy.
“I have to get going, don’t want to be late for dinner. By the way, you are still invited."

“Thanks, but I've got somewhere to be. “ Nas responds. “Congrats, Kanji.”

Kanji chuckled. "Who would have thought the big cry baby that I first met on the first day of Academy, would grow to be a guardian?"

"Let's just say, the baby grew" Nas raises his fist for a fist bump. "Here's to what to come and all the good luck we are going to need."

"I couldn't agree more, Nas Lee." Kanji responded with his fist bump.

Written by : Esteedee

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it. Would be posting the episode 2 very soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Guardian ( An Anime- Ish Kind Of Story, So Please Enjoy.) by Esteedee12(m): 7:00am On May 18, 2020
EPISODE TWO: CELEBRATIONS

Lola Kuro enters into her house, she was greeted immediately by her loving family. Her mother’s hug, her father's cheer, her brothers' delight and her uncle's chuckle.

Nia, her mother said. “I have prepared all your favorite meals for you. Who knows when next I would cook for you.”

“Mum, you shouldn’t have.” Lola said.

“That’s what I said. Instead of showering you with all her affection, she should focus on the remaining children, because we also have something to celebrate.” Nee protested.

“Idiot, being a Sovereign Shadow is worth more celebrating than being a guardian, it’s just common sense.” Ree responded.

“Mum, Ree just called me an idiot.” Nee whined.

Ree slams his palm on his forehead. “How did I share a womb with this slowpoke.”

“Ree, enough no more calling your brother names, otherwise I would restrict your library access.”

Ree immediately becomes composed.

Lola smiled as she hugs her brothers. “Becoming a Guardian is also worth being celebrated. I am proud of you two, and I am pretty sure you both will become great guardian.” Lola stated.

“Are you guys done? The food is getting cold.” Uncle Lou declared.

They all laughed as they settled on the dining table.

“So how was your first day?” Roonie asked his daughter as they dine.

“Uhm, it was okay, I guess.” She said. “I was given a tour of the Villa and Tobie introduced himself and welcomed me. Nothing really exciting happened.”

“That’s good. The job of a Sovereign Shadow always go south when something exciting happens.” Roonie stated.

“Tobie, the Leader of the Sovereign Shadows. But why does he wear a mask?” Ree asked.

“Don’t know, but according to rumors, they say anyone that sees his face becomes condemned.” Lola answered.

“Nonsense!” Uncle Lou blurted out. “He has a skin infection which makes his face horrible to look at, that’s all.”

“He looks cool with the mask. Mum can I get a mask?” Nee asked.

“Out of the question, how do you expect me to live without seeing your beautiful face” Nia answered.

“Mum, I am a boy you’re supposed to say handsome and not beautiful.”

“So who are your mentors?” Lola asked.

“I got mum and Nee got dad.” Ree responded.

“I got a mouth.” Nee said with food in his mouth. “Dad’s my mentor”

“You guys are lucky, you didn’t get Grandpa Kuro as mentor.”

The twins shrieked.

Lola continues, “When he was my mentor, I knew the difference between grandpa Kuro and mentor Kuro.”

“Lord Kuro is a good mentor, he’s the reason why I am regarded as the Hurricane Prince.” Uncle Lou stated.

“Maybe that’s the reason you are still the prince and not the king.” Nee responded.

Uncle Lou smack his head. “Maybe you should focus more on eating than talking.”

“Mum, uncle Lou hit my head.” Nee cried.

Lola just sat down as she enjoys the drama she calls family. Being a Sovereign Shadow was something she couldn’t even in her wildest dream ever thought of becoming. And here she was an SS of the guardian realm. She knows the job comes with a lot of sacrifice. One of which was, this was the last time she was going to call here home.

“So mum, would you be teaching me the thunder palm during our mentor training.” Ree asked.

“That’s a three star technique, no we would be starting out with the basics.”

“So no lightning needle?” Nee looked at his dad. Roonie shooks his head.

“Lord Kuro would have thought you.” Uncle Lou stated, Nia looks at her brother with a cold stare.

“ No need to get worked up sis, I’m just saying.”

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Keep Holding On! / Bitter Waters / The Seeing Place:Can An Older Woman See Clearly Enough To Take A Chance On Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.