Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,313 members, 7,864,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:18 PM

26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos (4605 Views)

Anambra PDP Will Cooperate With APGA — Obi / 12 Of 26 Political Parties Pledge Allegiance To APC / APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by ekubear1: 9:16pm On Jan 13, 2011
@Obiaglu1: Anybody is allowed to contest. But the question is, can such a person get enough votes to win? I don't think an Igboman running on an APGA platform has a chance of winning. There simply aren't enough Igbos in state for him to win purely on Igbo votes, and the Yoruba will close ranks against him, due to the issues raised repeatedly throughout this thread.

Allowed to contest != high chance of winning.
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by ekubear1: 9:17pm On Jan 13, 2011
jason123:

LOL. Do not worry eh? Kanuris are still welcomed to the Southern part of nigeria especially the SW. cheesy wink

Except for Abacha and his ilk angry (he was Kanuri, iirc?)
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by aljharem(m): 9:18pm On Jan 13, 2011
Akhenaten:

Who the hell cares about Ibadan and Ogun state? Lagos is an international city. I have never lived in that city, but it is nice place for vacation I must say.

And I feel comfortable in Enugu or Owerri.

I[b]gbos like to migrate, because of business opportunities. You will find Igbos everywhere in Africa. So you have to get over Igbos being in Lagos and other cities. [/b]

Why should Igbos stay in their homeland, when they can make money in other regions of the world? The money we make from people in Lagos can be sent home. I support this.

The Lebanese do this all the time. They do not keep the money in nations. They send it back to Lebanon to build up their cities. Igbos will soon be doing that as well, so get over it.

We are Pan-African!  smiley

and why can't they be governors in those places why lagos
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by aljharem(m): 9:19pm On Jan 13, 2011
jason123:

LOL. Do not worry eh? Kanuris are still welcomed to the Southern part of nigeria especially the SW. cheesy wink

like you can stop me before tongue

sofily sofily sofily they do am ooo

OPC en day for town wink
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by jason123: 9:19pm On Jan 13, 2011
eku_bear:

Except for Abacha and his ilk  angry  (he was Kanuri, iirc?)

grin grin grin grin. GBAM!!!

alj harem:

and why can't they be governors in those places why lagos
. Wetin be your own?
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by Akhenaten: 9:19pm On Jan 13, 2011
Obiagu1:

Sorry, it was Professor Eyo Ita, a non-Igbo.

Correct an answer. And he was a proud Ibibio man.
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by Onlytruth(m): 9:20pm On Jan 13, 2011
eku_bear:

@Obiaglu1: Anybody is allowed to contest. But the question is, can such a person get enough votes to win? I don't think an Igboman running on an APGA platform has a chance of winning. There simply aren't enough Igbos in state for him to win purely on Igbo votes, and the Yoruba will close ranks against him, due to the issues raised repeatedly throughout this thread.

Allowed to contest != high chance of winning.

I don't think APGA is fielding an Igbo candidate. Somehow I suspect you know that but chose to ignore it.

The more agitated you guys get about APGA in Lagos, the more you raise Igbo suspicion about ACN in Eastern Nigeria.

If APGA picks a qualified Lagosian (who would likely be Yoruba at this stage) what is your problem with that?
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by aljharem(m): 9:20pm On Jan 13, 2011
eku_bear:

Except for Abacha and his ilk  angry  (he was Kanuri, iirc?)

abacha was a bad part of kanuri history, that should never be repeated cry cry cry
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by Akhenaten: 9:20pm On Jan 13, 2011
Fear of Igbo domination is still alive and well. I thought that would be over by now ever since the capitulation of the Ndi Igbo. It is interesting that it still continues to linger.
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by jaygetta1: 9:20pm On Jan 13, 2011
Obiagu1:

You guys forced us to stay with you with guns and cannons, now we are with you and will be with you.
If you don't like it, call for the creation of Biafra you fought to defeat [b]or
I'll give you a fine rope, I hope you know what to do with it. [/b]

Suffice to say that these are your feelings towards those whom you hope entrust the future of their home in your hands?!
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by jason123: 9:21pm On Jan 13, 2011
alj harem:

OPC en day for town wink

grin

Okay harem, I like you but stop butting in yoruba and igbo issues, okay? PLS!!!
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by Olaedo1: 9:21pm On Jan 13, 2011
alj harem:

OPC en day for town wink

Look what happened to the OPC last time they decided to screw with the igbos in lagos grin.Also check out what the Ijaws did to them in Ajegunle grin
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by aljharem(m): 9:22pm On Jan 13, 2011
Onlytruth:

I don't think APGA is fielding an Igbo candidate. Somehow I suspect you know that but chose to ignore it.

The more agitated you guys get about APGA in Lagos, the more you raise Igbo suspicion about ACN in Eastern Nigeria.

If APGA picks a qualified Lagosian (who would likely be Yoruba at this stage) what is your problem with that?

and what as APGA done in there respective states undecided
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by jason123: 9:23pm On Jan 13, 2011
Ola edo:

Look what happened to the OPC last time they decided to screw with the igbos in lagos grin.Also check out what the Ijaws did to them in Ajegunle grin

. . .  . and the boasting has started . .  . undecided sad

edited
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by Akhenaten: 9:23pm On Jan 13, 2011
alj harem:

and what as APGA done in there respective states undecided

You are claiming Anambra. You should know. grin grin
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by Olaedo1: 9:24pm On Jan 13, 2011
APGA is in every SW state. They are not going to put an igbo up for lagos governorship,everyone knows that,so why the commotion?
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by Obiagu1(m): 9:26pm On Jan 13, 2011
Onlytruth:

Gbam! They can't sleep because of APGA but said nothing about ACN. Southern Nigeria is a pure farce I must say. No wonder it was only the south that was shreded into pieces by the British while the bigger North was left intact.
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by aljharem(m): 9:27pm On Jan 13, 2011
Ola edo:

""In the same vein a close friend of Anyamkpele who is also an Ijaw but preferred anonymity, said he was also born in Lagos, over 50 years ago. He said he spoke the Yoruba language very fluently as well as the Ijaw language. He lamented the deplorable relationship today in Ajegunle between the Ijaws and some of the Yorubas, especially the youths. He said that he remembered in the 70s and early 80s when all people lived amicably in Ajegunle. Not until the Odua Peoples Congress (OPC) crisis with the Ijaws which resulted in burning of houses and killing of people. He said the Ijaw man is a peaceful man and always there to accommodate. "Go to Bayelsa, Port Harcourt or anywhere in the Niger-Delta you will see Yorubas. But since the crisis, many of our people had to travel back home and others left for Badagry, Ajangbadi, Okoko and its environs. You know the Eguns there are more receptive and hospitable.""

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/8244/1/Ijaws-of-Lagos-/Page1.html

why didn't they say and fight, why did they run grin

we northerners do not run from OPC i tell ypou

i even told you that when OPC were killing northerners i was in lagos

i am a brave man ola edo unlike you ezeuche
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by jason123: 9:28pm On Jan 13, 2011
Obiagu1:

Gbam! They can't sleep because of APGA but said nothing about ACN. Southern Nigeria is a pure farce I must say. No wonder it was only the south that was shreded into pieces by the British while the bigger North was left intact.

BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT IN THE WORLD. Southern nigeria is possible but it has to be a confederation of nations not a centralised system.
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by aljharem(m): 9:30pm On Jan 13, 2011
Ola edo:

also read this

http://www.waado.org/environment/fedgovt_nigerdelta/bayelsainvasion/AssessmentOfInvasion/NewsReports/Vanguard2.html

were ijaws 5000 ijaws not killled,,only 1 OPC member was killed and you are here saying rubbish
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by aljharem(m): 9:32pm On Jan 13, 2011
ola edo

read this

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/36141-we-will-match-boko-haram-force-force-igbo-group-opc.html

igbo group begging pleading asatanting opc to protect them from boko harem
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by jason123: 9:32pm On Jan 13, 2011
alj harem:

also read this

http://www.waado.org/environment/fedgovt_nigerdelta/bayelsainvasion/AssessmentOfInvasion/NewsReports/Vanguard2.html

were ijaws 5000 ijaws not killled,,only 1 OPC member was killed and you are here saying rubbish

KEEP SHUT!!! What is your own sef!!! angry angry
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by Obiagu1(m): 9:32pm On Jan 13, 2011
jason123:

BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT IN THE WORLD. Southern nigeria is possible but it has to be a confederation of nations not a centralised system.

A confederation without the chance for her citizens to live anywhere in the country and pursue any of their dreams wherever they find themselves is nothing but a farce.

Such a scenario equals separate countries so why won't her constituents go their respective ways then?
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by aljharem(m): 9:34pm On Jan 13, 2011
ola edo, do you know the ijaw elders payed for OPC not to kill them in lagos after that attack on an island undecided
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by aljharem(m): 9:35pm On Jan 13, 2011
ola edo

read this

igbo ACN leader licking OPC ass

celebration climaxed the week-long events marking the 40th birthday anniversary of the National Co-ordinator, Oodua People’s Congress (OPC), Otunba Gani Adams.

The Blue Roof hall of the Lagos Television (LTV), Agidingbi, Ikeja, Lagos, venue of the occasion was in a festive mood from dawn to dusk.

It hosted dignitaries within and outside the shores of the ‘Centre of Excellence.’

Guests were clad in various traditional and conventional attires. Many among the male guests capped theirs with the traditional cap otherwise called Abeti-aja.

Its availability in various aesthetic designs made the occasion unique.

The Yoruba self-style cap sent signals to passers-by and onlookers that a man of repute was being celebrated.

The spotless white garbs and various traditional beads stood royal fathers and their representatives out of the imposing crowd.

The event featured entertainment, comedy displays, testimonies, toast and cutting of cake.

Although the celebrator’s biography attests to a humble background, the choice cars which parked in and around the vicinity of the LTV, owners of which were around to grace the celebration, indicated that Otunba Adams, as he is called by his followers, is a man held in high esteem by not a few eminent people.

And to confirm the celebrator’s fame, a polished Hummer Jeep was presented to him.

This drew a thunderous applause from members of the congress and well-wishers.

Otunba Adams was stupefied, apparently short of words, but all he could mutter were praise words.

The relentless shout of Oodua at every opportunity, evoked reminiscences of the struggles of members of the congress during the days of the military during which the OPC leader was handcuffed, manhandled and dragged like a perpetual criminal.

Save for the grace of God, the man that was celebrating would have been forgotten.

So, when Otunba Adams rolled out in a stunning Agbada and stepped onto the stage of Bonsue Fuji crooner, Adewale Ayuba, all attention was on the man of the moment.

Reading the felicitation messages sent to him by eminent personalities in the society, one could testify to his speedy grass to grace sojourn.

Governor Raji Fashola of Lagos State prayed God to grant him good health, excellent spirit and wisdom in his devoted service to the Yoruba race.

"We thank God for giving you the grace to attain 40 years and the wisdom, humility, selflessness and unparalleled dedication to the service of God and humanity," Fashola said.

His Ogun State counterpart, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, congratulated Otunba Adams on the successful celebration of his birthday.

Daniel wrote: "The journey has been rough, but you have marched on through thick and thin. You have always been a constant source of succour, guidance, selfless sacrifice to humanity and an inspiration to all."

Senator Olabiyi Durojaiye wished the celebrator many fruitful years ahead.

He hailed him for his gallant role to emancipate the Yoruba race in the mid-1990s from the terror of the military.

An Action Congress (AC) Igbo leader in Lagos, Chief Chris Ekuilo, described the OPC leader as a nationalist.

"He has vision and mission. Once upon a time, he made a clarion call for this nation. He called the critical stakeholders to sit at a roundtable to re-discuss the geographical entity called Nigeria, in a situation where we should form a single entity, making ourselves a family.

"What he is fighting for is supported by the Igbo community. What he is fighting for is good for the Nigerian cause. Not until we sit and readdress the country called Nigeria, we can never have peace in this country," Ekuilo declared.

He told The Nation that over seven million Igbo in Lagos wish the celebrator many happy returns.

"He is a man of an impeccable character. For us to sit in a room or a conference hall to discuss this country so that we can have peace, the Hausa man, Igbo man and the Yoruba man from the three geo-political zones must unite. We all agree that this country is angry. It is good for us to listen to the call of Otunba on his 40

th

birthday," he added.

Oba Abdul Fatai Akorede Akamo said Otunba Adams is a man of the people.

He besought God Almighty to spare his life to move the country forward.

He said the celebrator has distinguished himself by championing the cause of the Yoruba race.

Oba of Mushin Oba Fatai Ayinla Ayileru represented by Eletu Odibo of Mushinland, Chief Tajudeen Oke-Owo, wished the celebrator long life and prosperity.

He described him as a noble man and highly dedicated to the Yoruba people.

The celebrator was born in 1970 to Pa Lamidi Adams and the late Madam Dada at Arigidi-Akoko, in the present Akoko North-West Local Government Area of Ondo State.

He attended many primary schools due to the nature of his father’s job. He started at the Army Children’s School, Oturkpo, until primary three when his father was transferred to Lagos, where he completed his Primary School Education at Municipal Primary School, Surulere, Lagos in 1980.

He attended Ansar-Ud-deen Secondary School, Randle Avenue, Surulere. Later, he left for furniture making and interior decorating training, which he successfully completed in 1987.

He was later employed by Italian Construction Company, Visinoni Stabilini, Apapa, Lagos. He resigned to establish his furniture making and interior decoration firm.

To contribute to the socio-political and economic growth of the country, Otunba Adams became a pro-democracy activist in 1992, when he pitched his tent with the Campaign for Democracy (CD).

He was a foundation member of the Oodua People’s Congress (OPC) when it was formed in 1994.

A former first Deputy National Co-ordinator of OPC, he is at the moment the National Co-ordinator of the group.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/46346/1/40-garlands-for-Gani-Adams/Page1.html
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by Onlytruth(m): 9:36pm On Jan 13, 2011
I have always been for opening up the political space for everyone to participate. Let APGA pick their candidate in Lagos and let that candidate market himself to the Lagosians. Simple.

When Ngige ran under ACN in the last Anambra governorship elections, he only lost because people trusted Peter Obi more, and also Ojukwu appealed to people on behalf of Obi.
Ngige almost won!

So if APGA coalition picks a sound and qualified yoruba from Lagos, what is wrong with that?
APGA is not a party of thieves!
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by dayokanu(m): 9:37pm On Jan 13, 2011
Onlytruth:

Are you aware that in the 2007 APGA picked an Igbo person to contest in Lagos?

You know the ACN is mainly for Yorubas and as long as they keep their hold on the SW and try to spread to some states like Kwara, Kogi Edo and if possible some Northern states its all good.

APGA should try to win the SE first before coming to SW
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by EkoIle1: 9:37pm On Jan 13, 2011
Ibo people dey talk about mix up. delusions no go kill you people I swear. lmao.

The only people u fit mix up with is Hausa people, they are your masters and you are the boy boy. Even your leaders ZIK, Ojukwu and Soludo sabi their real masters.

No we no want u, you go just sell us out like ZIK and go do boy boy for Hausa man,

lmao,
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by Obiagu1(m): 9:38pm On Jan 13, 2011
I wish there's a button that can block the post of some people on this forum. This alhaji is really confused.
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by jason123: 9:39pm On Jan 13, 2011
Obiagu1:

A confederation without the chance for her citizens to live anywhere in the country and pursue any of their dreams wherever they find themselves is nothing but a farce.

Such a scenario equals separate countries so why won't her constituents go their respective ways then?

They can. The political terrain might have changed by then. We might start to move away from tribalism since no one or group would be dominating (i hope). Once you keep the hope, it can generate some momentum. I feed off your hope for a SN, you know?
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by Olaedo1: 9:39pm On Jan 13, 2011
alj harem:

ola edo, do you know the ijaw elders payed for OPC not to kill them in lagos after that attack on an island undecided

sorry read what really went on.the ijaw were f-ing up OPC.Those killing were casualties of a lot of OPC members.The ijaws dont play when it comes to war,ask jason,he is itsekiri. The one that left are those who werent willing to fight just like other non-lagos yorubas in those areas left as well. And the igbos f'ed up as well after they told them to stop but refused. grin cool
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 13, 2011
Obiagu1:

Stop being hypocritic.

Tell me any yoruba man that is campaigning to rule over iboland ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anambra Ready For Achebe’s Burial – Obi / A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State / I Am Coming Out For The Presidency Come 2019!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.