Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? (11438 Views)

Can You Really Forgive If You Can't Forget? / What Men Really Want In Modern Relationships / Guys Only: What Do Men Really Want In Ladies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by MzGreat(f): 2:57pm On Jan 13, 2011
lemme start by saying that infidelity is dispeakable, but we have different ways of dealing with betrayal, as individuals, as our religion, and most importantly as per our gender. For women, majority of them forgive the man who has cheated on them and try to work on that relationship hoping for the best. They forget and then forgive. But why is it so hard for men to forgive women who have cheated on them while they view sex as something that is just physical?? is it the sense of ownership they have on women what is mine is mine and mine alone or are they so insecure that the 'other guy' was much better than them?? am not trying to condone infidelity, am just trying to understand the mere aftermath of infidelity in a man's perspective. if you found out that your galfriend or wife of ten years has cheated on you, what would you do?
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by MrsChima(f): 3:01pm On Jan 13, 2011
Men have a harder time forgiving and forgetting when their women have committed infidelity.  It has a lot to do with their ego and pride.  Men see their women as a partner or "loyal trophy" and shuns them in men's society when their partner performed out of character.   

Women have a easier time forgiving but harder time forgetting when their men have committed infidelity.
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by Dsense(m): 3:07pm On Jan 13, 2011
OP.
We can only forgive but can't forget . . .Simple!
At the same time some people can never forgive their wives when it comes to this kinda case talking of forgeting it. . . .So it varies!!!
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by 79733139(m): 3:08pm On Jan 13, 2011
Men, we don't forgive and we don't forget! If my wife cheated on me, I will send her packing, after she has begged and begged then I will let her in. Then I will make sure that one day I Zap another woman in the house so that she can catch me, so she will see how painful it is! I have done this to my ex-girlfriend before. She cheated I found out and then I forgave her then I cheated and made sure she caught me, then I told her to go to blazes!!
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by Dsense(m): 3:10pm On Jan 13, 2011
^^Don't you think blazes is too hot . . .Why didn't you take her there yourself grin
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by MrsChima(f): 3:11pm On Jan 13, 2011
IF you are willing to cheat so does your partner. Do not do anything that you wouldn't like done to you. Common sense. If you can't forgive your partner, then don't expect your partner to forgive you.
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by MzGreat(f): 3:45pm On Jan 13, 2011
fuckilious:

Men, we don't forgive and we don't forget! If my wife cheated on me, I will send her packing, after she has begged and begged then I will let her in. Then I will make sure that one day I Zap another woman in the house so that she can catch me, so she will see how painful it is! I have done this to my ex-girlfriend before. She cheated I found out and then I forgave her then I cheated and made sure she caught me, then I told her to go to blazes!!

Then y did u let her in the first place if you knw u still gun f u c k anoda woman and make her find out. so is it justified for a woman to do the same retaliation?

if you truely LOVE your partner genuinely, i think the questions you should ask her is that why did she do it or is dat the other guy is better than me.
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by MzGreat(f): 3:48pm On Jan 13, 2011
D-sense:

OP.
We can only forgive but can't forget . . .Simple!
At the same time some people can never forgive their wives when it comes to this kinda case talking of forgeting it. . . .So it varies!!!

so can you forgive and forget?
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by MrsChima(f): 4:13pm On Jan 13, 2011
Cheating Revenge is a double edge sword. When you think you taking revenge on someone that cheated on you and end up with something that you can't get rid for life.

Revenge is not good. It does not discriminate.
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by 79733139(m): 4:21pm On Jan 13, 2011
@MzGreat & Mrs Chima: I let her believe that I had forgiven her and then when things went back to normal, I brought in another babe and I told her to come to my house and she met me ban.ging my new babe! I don't regret my action! It pained her seriously because she had already cut off ties with the other guy and I still retaliated and sent her packing! You women think like to play guys for fools especially when u think we love u so much! I DON'T REGRET MY ACTION! If it happens I will do it again!
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by MzGreat(f): 4:34pm On Jan 13, 2011
fuckilious:

@MzGreat & Mrs Chima: I let her believe that I had forgiven her and then when things went back to normal, I brought in another babe and I told her to come to my house and she met me ban.ging my new babe! I don't regret my action! It pained her seriously because she had already cut off ties with the other guy and I still retaliated and sent her packing! You women think like to play guys for fools especially when u think we love u so much! I DON'T REGRET MY ACTION! If it happens I will do it again!

so the new girl you brought is now a saint and the angel that cant hurt a fly nor even say good morning to a guy she doesnt know abi
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by MrsChima(f): 4:47pm On Jan 13, 2011
fuckilious:

You said the KEY WORDS: I don't regret my action.  What make you think she didn't regret her action?  Two wrongs doesn't make a right and the only thing you have proven is that you can be whorish like she was.
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 13, 2011
Who is talking about forgive and forget here, d moment I know u cheated on me its d end of d relationship or marriage, except there was not love in d first place. I can forgive and forget any thing but not infidelity period.
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by koolchicco: 4:57pm On Jan 13, 2011
@OP

Call me selfish, but, If I catch my WIFE, she must go!

And If my WIFE catches me, she must go too! It's that simple! cool tongue
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by Phate07(m): 5:02pm On Jan 13, 2011
MzGreat:

lemme start by saying that infidelity is dispeakable, but we have different ways of dealing with betrayal, as individuals, as our religion, and most importantly as per our gender. For women, majority of them forgive the man who has cheated on them and try to work on that relationship hoping for the best. They forget and then forgive. But why is it so hard for men to forgive women who have cheated on them while they view sex as something that is just physical?? is it the sense of ownership they have on women what is mine is mine and mine alone or are they so insecure that the 'other guy' was much better than them?? am not trying to condone infidelity, am just trying to understand the mere aftermath of infidelity in a man's perspective. if you found out that your galfriend or wife of ten years has cheated on you, what would you do?

Emmm, i would shoot her. angry
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by MrsChima(f): 5:04pm On Jan 13, 2011
Typical African men responses.
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by tpia6: 5:11pm On Jan 13, 2011
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by 79733139(m): 5:11pm On Jan 13, 2011
@MzGreat & Mrs Chima: My girlfriend cheated on me and I did dumped her after I entered a relationship with another girl! It is my choice, I cannot condole a cheating partner simple and short! If a woman cheats on me, I would teach her a lesson! SIMPLE! When I get married if my wife does it I will teach her a lesson also! I will sleep with another woman and let her know, period, u women want us to act so righteous so that u can keep cheating on us!

Believe me she regretted her action, she begged for forgiveness and I waited about 2 months to strike her back, that is after Zap.ing her after she cheated so many times, making her believe I had forgiven her, I was happy with her reaction when she caught me!
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by MzGreat(f): 5:12pm On Jan 13, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Typical African men responses.  

honestly honestly.
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by delicious1(m): 5:13pm On Jan 13, 2011
I probably would forgive- but its gonna be hard to forget so easily.
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by MzGreat(f): 5:16pm On Jan 13, 2011
fuckilious:

@MzGreat & Mrs Chima: My girlfriend cheated on me and I did dumped her after I entered a relationship with another girl! It is my choice, I cannot condole a cheating partner simple and short! If a woman cheats on me, I would teach her a lesson! SIMPLE! When I get married if my wife does it I will teach her a lesson also! I will sleep with another woman and let her know, period, u women want us to act so righteous so that u can keep cheating on us!

so put your hand on your chest and boldly type on this thread that you have never looked at another girl lustfully or ask a girl out or even slept with another girl while you are in a relationship
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by koolchicco: 5:21pm On Jan 13, 2011
MzGreat:

so put your hand on your chest and boldly type on this thread that you have never looked at another girl lustfully or ask a girl out or even slept with another girl while you are in a relationship

I can see you're trying so hard to rationalize the action(s) of Dude's GF all cos SHE IS A GIRL huh? Nice try though!
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by 190: 5:24pm On Jan 13, 2011
fuckilious:

Believe me she regretted her action, she begged for forgiveness and I waited about 2 months to strike her back, that is after Zap.ing her after she cheated so many times, making her believe I had forgiven her, I was happy with her reaction when she caught me!

cool cool cool Simple,

Your next beer on me!!
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by MzGreat(f): 5:26pm On Jan 13, 2011
tpia*:

beware of paranoia.

if you believe your wife is the loose type [and you mind], then why did you marry her.

but it's true women [especially african ones] put up with unabashed and unrepentant cheating on the part of their men.

very unfortunate situation.

And when the shoe is on the other foot, emotions run riot and the guys breath thunder.

@frocklicious

obviously your girlfriend should have broken off both relationships [yours and the other one] once she cheated on you.

very very unfortunate, this is why polygamy rate is still high in africa.even the ones that are nt polygamist have potential  mistresses outside
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by tpia6: 5:28pm On Jan 13, 2011
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by MrsChima(f): 5:32pm On Jan 13, 2011
fuckilious:

So basically you was happy that you showed your ex that you too can sell yourself short? Well as long as you happy that your sold yourself short. I digress.
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by MzGreat(f): 5:36pm On Jan 13, 2011
koolchicco:

I can see you're trying so hard to rationalize the action(s) of Dude's GF all cos SHE IS A GIRL huh? Nice try though!

nah, m not trying to rationalize any of her actions neither m i trying to justify it buh why is that when a man cheats n have numerous girlfriends, a woman can all forget n forgive and if its a mans turn, there's this ranting and If a man is set aside for another man, it's a dog fight to the death inside his head.
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by MrsChima(f): 5:37pm On Jan 13, 2011
It is the ego and pride honey.  The alpha male theory applies when a male is cornered by another alpha male who have crossed the boundary of the first alpha male so therefore the trust of the woman is zilch and she is no longer the damsel in distress.
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by 79733139(m): 5:45pm On Jan 13, 2011
@MzGreat & Mrs Chima: whatever, I am happy, Period, keep trying to convince other guys to be MUGUs, Keep tryin' ha ha ha
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by MzGreat(f): 5:55pm On Jan 13, 2011
wharreverrrrrrrr!!!
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by MrsChima(f): 5:55pm On Jan 13, 2011
fuckilious:

@MzGreat & Mrs Chima: whatever,  I am happy, Period,  keep trying to convince other guys to be MUGUs, Keep tryin' ha ha ha

Trust me sir,I am not into convincing grown people to do better because they would have to want to do that themselves. No offense.  You shared that you was happy and that you didn't regret cheating on your cheating mate.  I am simply saying you have not proven anything by doing that but that you can be just like her.  

Well, if you are happy there nothing wrong being happy even if things came up short.
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by iice(f): 3:42am On Jan 14, 2011
Kai. . .i think it's hard for them to forgive and forget.
I'm that way too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Begged Her For Sex And I Was Shaking. Allover / Meet My Super Hot New Girl Friend (photos) / Where Did You Meet Your Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.