Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,726 members, 7,824,054 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Stop The Bickering And Arguments - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop The Bickering And Arguments (229 Views)

Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God / Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 / Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop The Bickering And Arguments by oranget(m): 9:45pm On May 11, 2020
It was laid on my heart just this afternoon to caution God’s people about the bickering, argument and denominational sentiment on this forum.
As Christians we are here on a special assignment to warn humanity regarding eternity and to embark on work of evangelism through every means possible for soul winning into God’s kingdom and not into our church or denomination for the day of the Lord is at hand. But unfortunately, the same people that are supposed to win souls through their articles here argue about their church, denomination and pastors, this does not give glory to God but give praise to Satan because God is not the author of confusion.
I have seen people attack the members of the Roman Catholic Church on this forum for their various doctrines. You don’t have to attack and argue with anyone to prove your own doctrine to be the right one but rather correct them so that they will be aware of their mistakes and escape the snare of the devil.
2 Timothy 2:23-end “But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes (arguments), knowing that they generate strife. And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.
Also, there are some people who create various threads to insult God and His ministers, now if you insult and argue with them instead of correcting with love, how are they suppose to listen when you are preaching to them?
Please, let us stay away from argument as our argument can mislead young believers or even the people we are supposed to evangelize.

Modified...
I just saw this post by davidinchrist talking about the same thing.
https://www.nairaland.com/5816865/avoid-arguments

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop The Bickering And Arguments by spartan117(m): 10:02pm On May 11, 2020
True talk
Re: Stop The Bickering And Arguments by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 11, 2020
oranget:
It was laid on my heart just this afternoon to caution God’s people about the bickering, argument and denominational sentiment on this forum.
As Christians we are here on a special assignment to warn humanity regarding eternity and to embark on work of evangelism through every means possible for soul winning into God’s kingdom and not into our church or denomination for the day of the Lord is at hand. But unfortunately, the same people that are supposed to win souls through their articles here argue about their church, denomination and pastors, this does not give glory to God but give praise to Satan because God is not the author of confusion.
I have seen people attack the members of the Roman Catholic Church on this forum for their various doctrines. You don’t have to attack and argue with anyone to prove your own doctrine to be the right one but rather correct them so that they will be aware of their mistakes and escape the snare of the devil.
2 Timothy 2:23-end “But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes (arguments), knowing that they generate strife. And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.
Also, there are some people who create various threads to insult God and His ministers, now if you insult and argue with them instead of correcting with love, how are they suppose to listen when you are preaching to them?
Please, let us stay away from argument as our argument can mislead young believers or even the people we are supposed to evangelize.

Modified...
I just saw this post by davidinchrist talking about the same thing.
https://www.nairaland.com/5816865/avoid-arguments

Yes debate and argument especially when it comes to the is not edifying.

But this doesnt mean we should not expose false doctrines.
Exposing errors for example is not debate.

Ephesians 5:11
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

It is better to be divided for truth sake than to be united in error,
Re: Stop The Bickering And Arguments by Eviana(f): 10:40pm On May 11, 2020
Beautifully, beautifully stated.
I know the Holy Spirit speaks to His people cause Iwas thinking the same thing yesterday.
I worship on a different day than most 'Christians' and happened to see a non-judgmental thread honoring the day. I posted an encouraging reply & the next thing I see is all the reasons why it is wrong.
I chose not to reply because debates always come & I am not here for that.
The type of Christianity I see displayed on this forum is appalling.
Very prideful, snobbish, clannish, clique-ish, isolating and condemnatory.
Scriptural knowledge (in some cases) but no fruit of the spirit.
This is one of the reasons why Nigerian Christianity is mocked so mercilessly & the sincere Christians get trampled on & lost in the chaos.
If my faith was shaky & not firmly planted in the hope of Jesus' blood, just visiting this section & seeing Christian interaction, I would've left the religion entirely.
We are the only group on the religion section who are splinterd & 'dog' each other out if we disagree on doctrine.
Take it from a woman who lives on an entirely different continent and who has been a member for almost four years, there needs to be some serious 'heart' make-overs.
You guys (many of you) make Christianity look extremely unattractive.
My apologies in advance, but this needed to be said.

(1) (Reply)

(COVID 19 DONATION) Churches As Isolation Centre: Abormination / Why I've Done This / Opinion: Who Are The Hypocrites On Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.