Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,484 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? (71080 Views)

Couples Hiding Their Phones: How True Is This Statement? / What Secret Are You Taking To The Grave With You? Let Us Know. / what secret did you conceived or lies you tell to get married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? by cremeandchic: 8:34am On May 12, 2020
Your husband is into Yahoo

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? by ProtectMyMoney: 8:48am On May 12, 2020
Tasha7

Your husband is involved in Romance Scam and or Business Email Compromise scam.

He knew he was about to be caught by you, that was why he was willing to breakdown bathroom door.

If you had looked through the phone in the bathroom and he caught you, he probably would have slammed you against the bathtub, and claimed you slipped and fell in a bathroom accident to the Cops.

Tasha7...you are married to a scammer

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? by Mstick: 9:39am On May 12, 2020
I know that feeling, you think other will join you to troll me about a "dead child" it's nice to see you shifting goal posts.

Buhahahaha!

I am just a yaba left escapee with Daddy issues

grin

wisdomiskey:

Please spread the word. More and more people need to be aware of Mstick's sad situation which has heavily impacted her mental state.

That way, at least, next time she throws insults at people, they can see that it's simply a cry for help.

May she recieve her healing cry

1 Like

Re: What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? by Mstick: 9:40am On May 12, 2020
I know my brother. Thank you for the kind words.

I am just a yaba left escapee with Daddy issues.

cool
ProtectMyMoney:

Mstick...please take heart. If you can, talk to Dbanj and his wife to know how they pulled through after their own loss as well

We lack empathy and humanity in this part of the world since Nigerians are naturally wicked. So, don't expect much empathy on Nairaland.
Re: What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? by cococandy(f): 10:32am On May 12, 2020
You already have all the answers you need.

PS that poor grammar tactic is a common technique used by fraudsters and people who live a double life on the internet. They are trying to hide how they normal write in case someone who knows them should come across their messages. But it’s so transparent that it’s almost funny.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? by cococandy(f): 10:33am On May 12, 2020
And she will go to prison with him?

bmdmixer:
ur own dey ur body.

Nothing is hidden under the moon, forget d sun.
kill ur self with detective work u hear.
best u let things be, if he is doing any thing it will show one day.

dont go n give ur self heart attack or maybe maybe

1 Like

Re: What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? by cococandy(f): 10:40am On May 12, 2020
Mstick:
I know that feeling, you think other will join you to troll me about a "dead child" it's nice to see you shifting goal posts.

Hugs. You’re a strong woman and you’re loved.

8 Likes

Re: What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? by bmdmixer: 11:06am On May 12, 2020
cococandy:
And she will go to prison with him?

why
Re: What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? by Titi03(f): 11:45am On May 12, 2020
wisdomiskey:

I get your point and I respect your patience and tolerance whilst being there for your friend. She was and is blessed to have a friend like you who didn't allow her relapse into a terrible state as we can see in Mstick's case.

But let's be honest, Mstick needs a real life outside of this platform in order to heal. Nairaland is not the place to throw her toxicity at others. What she needs is a friend! and with the amount of time and energy she spends here, I doubt she has one.

You're right.

6 Likes

Re: What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? by danielistics(m): 11:54am On May 12, 2020
See how una just dey derail thread smh.
@op Your husband is most likely into internet scam

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? by COURVOISier(m): 12:52pm On May 12, 2020
Make una no add fuel inside the fire o, make she no go kpai the guy o, una know as this people dey behave. Make she sort her shit herself.

2 Likes

Re: What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? by KanwuliaExtra: 12:54pm On May 12, 2020
Another case of “STRUGGLE LOVE” on NL! cheesy
Re: What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? by shampooh: 1:16pm On May 12, 2020
Nice
boldx:
Hello lady, I don't understand why couples check each others phone. I guess it is based on trust. You don't trust your husband. Roundcube webmail is an email messaging platform.

Your husband is behaving weird no doubt. You did not say if he has a regular job. You can get detectives to track his IP and hack into those mails instead of giving yourself high blood pressure.

Your marriage is not adding up.
Re: What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 12, 2020
Op I will advise u secretly investigate him that way u can get all the answers because he his definitely hiding something from u.

3 Likes

Re: What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 12, 2020
Someone who breaks down the bathroom door to retrieve his phone (in order to stop you from checking it) is more than hiding something. You've the right to know who you're married to and the activities he's into, so do whatever you need to do to find out, and if/how you need to protect yourself.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? by igbowoman: 2:32pm On May 12, 2020
Tasha7:
Hello, I am a black woman born and raised in North America and married to an Igbo man. We have been in a long distance relationship for the majority of our relationship. We got married almost 2 years ago while still long distance and he recently immigrated to Canada in Jan 2020 under the spousal sponsorship. He has a wonderful bond with my mother and sisters. (my father has passed). I have met his family and we get along very well....

I have turned to this forum with the hopes that someone would have more insight into what is going on. Thank you so much to anyone who has taken the time to read this very long post and respond. I truly appreciate it. Again, I attached photos, but scratched out names just in case.

Thank you,

Tasha

Where did you copy this beautiful tale from
We dont see any attached pictures

9 Likes

Re: What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? by missimelda01(f): 3:08pm On May 12, 2020
wisdomiskey:

Please spread the word. More and more people need to be aware of Mstick's sad situation which has heavily impacted her mental state.

That way, at least, next time she throws insults at people, they can see that it's simply a cry for help.

May she recieve her healing cry
Why don't you just let her be.. responding to every comment isn't the right thing to do either.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? by RoyalBlu(f): 3:36pm On May 12, 2020
What's going on in this thread?

Ayam nor understanding o...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 12, 2020
Tasha7:
Hello, I am a black woman born and raised in North America and married to an Igbo man. We have been in a long distance relationship for the majority of our relationship. We got married almost 2 years ago while still long distance and he recently immigrated to Canada in Jan 2020 under the spousal sponsorship. He has a wonderful bond with my mother and sisters. (my father has passed). I have met his family and we get along very well.

Everything was going well until I was looking up something in the search history of the laptop we both share and stumbled across emails he had recently accessed. Please note, I could not read the email itself, I could only see the subject lines in the search history. I will attach pictures if possible. It wasn't a normal email account like yahoo or Gmail. It was from a website called: Roundcube webmail. I had never heard of it before. Anyway, there were a bunch of emails forwarded from a hotel in Istanbul where people were being asked to pay their outstanding hotel bill (unfortunately I didn't take a screenshot of the hotel stuff). In addition to that, there were emails to 2 different women (named Wendy and Elizabeth) with the subjects: re: Thank you for written, re: back from customs baby, re: I am so happy our paths have crossed re: I am writing you with much sadness in my heart etc. I will try to attach the screenshots I took.

Lastly, within the same search history, my husband seemed to have been looking up songs like: 'what songs make a woman feel confident about herself' and 'what if I never get over you', and 'songs that make a woman feel beautiful'.

I confronted my husband that same night. It was 2am. He was already sleeping. I woke him up bc I wanted to catch him off guard. His explanation was that his friend in Cyprus had a bad internet connection and asked him (my husband) to look up something in his friends email account. He insisted that he had no idea what his friend was up to, as it was none of his business. In the process of me confronting him, he grabbed the laptop from me and deleted the search history. I told him that was making him look real guilty and I started packing my things to leave. He pleaded and insisted it had nothing to do with him, it was his friends email account blah blah blah. I wanted to believe him but some things just didn't add up...like why was he looking up those songs if he was just checking his friends email for him? His only saving grace was that the subject lines were written with poor grammar and my husband has excellent English speaking and writing skills.

Fast forward a few weeks later, my husband left the bathroom to put out the garbage and accidentally left his phone in the bathroom playing music. This is significant because he has never parted from his phone from the day he arrived. He sleeps with his phone beside him. He showers and uses the bathroom with his phone beside him. When he cooks, he keeps his phone beside him. The day in question, I went into the bathroom and locked the door shortly after he left the bathroom. Side note: I only lock the door bc sometimes he jokingly sneaks up on me to scare me while I am in the shower, so to avoid being snuck up on, I sometimes lock the door. I digress. I commenced using the bathroom when I noticed that hubby left his phone on the side of the bathtub with Nigerian gospel music blasting. I was shocked! It was the first time he was separated from his phone! I didn't touch his phone and started using the bathroom. Within 15 seconds, my husband started knocking on the door saying he really needed to use the bathroom and wanted me to open the door. He was saying he really needed to pee. I asked him to hold a minute, because I was on the toilet. He said he didn't believe me and then things escalated from there. He started pounding really hard on the bathroom door, demanding that I open the door because he really needed to pee. He was eventually pounding so hard and yelling to the point where he started to lose his voice! I was freaked out! I told him to hold on and I would be done in a minute! But he wouldn't listen and eventually broke open the bathroom door by force...there is literally a large crack down the bathroom door now. I was shocked. Beyond words. Once he broke down the door, he quickly did a scan of the bathroom and saw his cellphone was right where he left it. I didn't touch it. Then he was more calm. He then reiterated that he really needed to pee and went into the shower, pulled the curtain and turned on the water.

I started freaking out. I started yelling telling him that he was a liar and if there was any doubt in my mind he was hiding something, I need not doubt it anymore! He broke down the bathroom door NOT because he really nedded to pee, but because he was so terrified I was going to snoop through his phone! Of course he denied it. He was saying that if that was the case, the first thing he would have done is grab his phone. I responded saying that he's not stupid, if he grabbed his phone first, it would have made him look guilty. After that blow up, we stopped talking to each other for days...

And here I am today. If anyone could provide me insight into what is going on, I would be so appreciative. What is this hotel stuff and what are these msgs to multiple women? I am thinking he may be involved in a 419 scam or his friend is a yahoo boy....but why is he using such poor grammar when he speaks and writes excellent English?

I am so stressed over all of this that it is literally consuming my every thought. My husband only denies everything and gets defensive then ignores me if I keep pushing for answers. Outside of this incident he is incredibly loving and affectionate and treats my mother so well. He cares so much about what she thinks of him.

I have turned to this forum with the hopes that someone would have more insight into what is going on. Thank you so much to anyone who has taken the time to read this very long post and respond. I truly appreciate it. Again, I attached photos, but scratched out names just in case.

Thank you,

Tasha
Roundcube is an email portal use by websites,unlike the general mail...Anyway you know you people like to divorce and share assets perhaps he is just protecting himself to avoid stories that touch.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? by veave(f): 4:16pm On May 12, 2020
We are not witches and wizards my sister. How I want take know that one?

4 Likes

Re: What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? by ekitimanalways(m): 4:22pm On May 12, 2020
Tasha7:
Hello, I am a black woman born and raised in North America and married to an Igbo man. We have been in a long distance relationship for the majority of our relationship. We got married almost 2 years ago while still long distance and he recently immigrated to Canada in Jan 2020 under the spousal sponsorship. He has a wonderful bond with my mother and sisters. (my father has passed). I have met his family and we get along very well.

Everything was going well until I was looking up something in the search history of the laptop we both share and stumbled across emails he had recently accessed. Please note, I could not read the email itself, I could only see the subject lines in the search history. I will attach pictures if possible. It wasn't a normal email account like yahoo or Gmail. It was from a website called: Roundcube webmail. I had never heard of it before. Anyway, there were a bunch of emails forwarded from a hotel in Istanbul where people were being asked to pay their outstanding hotel bill (unfortunately I didn't take a screenshot of the hotel stuff). In addition to that, there were emails to 2 different women (named Wendy and Elizabeth) with the subjects: re: Thank you for written, re: back from customs baby, re: I am so happy our paths have crossed re: I am writing you with much sadness in my heart etc. I will try to attach the screenshots I took.

Lastly, within the same search history, my husband seemed to have been looking up songs like: 'what songs make a woman feel confident about herself' and 'what if I never get over you', and 'songs that make a woman feel beautiful'.

I confronted my husband that same night. It was 2am. He was already sleeping. I woke him up bc I wanted to catch him off guard. His explanation was that his friend in Cyprus had a bad internet connection and asked him (my husband) to look up something in his friends email account. He insisted that he had no idea what his friend was up to, as it was none of his business. In the process of me confronting him, he grabbed the laptop from me and deleted the search history. I told him that was making him look real guilty and I started packing my things to leave. He pleaded and insisted it had nothing to do with him, it was his friends email account blah blah blah. I wanted to believe him but some things just didn't add up...like why was he looking up those songs if he was just checking his friends email for him? His only saving grace was that the subject lines were written with poor grammar and my husband has excellent English speaking and writing skills.

Fast forward a few weeks later, my husband left the bathroom to put out the garbage and accidentally left his phone in the bathroom playing music. This is significant because he has never parted from his phone from the day he arrived. He sleeps with his phone beside him. He showers and uses the bathroom with his phone beside him. When he cooks, he keeps his phone beside him. The day in question, I went into the bathroom and locked the door shortly after he left the bathroom. Side note: I only lock the door bc sometimes he jokingly sneaks up on me to scare me while I am in the shower, so to avoid being snuck up on, I sometimes lock the door. I digress. I commenced using the bathroom when I noticed that hubby left his phone on the side of the bathtub with Nigerian gospel music blasting. I was shocked! It was the first time he was separated from his phone! I didn't touch his phone and started using the bathroom. Within 15 seconds, my husband started knocking on the door saying he really needed to use the bathroom and wanted me to open the door. He was saying he really needed to pee. I asked him to hold a minute, because I was on the toilet. He said he didn't believe me and then things escalated from there. He started pounding really hard on the bathroom door, demanding that I open the door because he really needed to pee. He was eventually pounding so hard and yelling to the point where he started to lose his voice! I was freaked out! I told him to hold on and I would be done in a minute! But he wouldn't listen and eventually broke open the bathroom door by force...there is literally a large crack down the bathroom door now. I was shocked. Beyond words. Once he broke down the door, he quickly did a scan of the bathroom and saw his cellphone was right where he left it. I didn't touch it. Then he was more calm. He then reiterated that he really needed to pee and went into the shower, pulled the curtain and turned on the water.

I started freaking out. I started yelling telling him that he was a liar and if there was any doubt in my mind he was hiding something, I need not doubt it anymore! He broke down the bathroom door NOT because he really nedded to pee, but because he was so terrified I was going to snoop through his phone! Of course he denied it. He was saying that if that was the case, the first thing he would have done is grab his phone. I responded saying that he's not stupid, if he grabbed his phone first, it would have made him look guilty. After that blow up, we stopped talking to each other for days...

And here I am today. If anyone could provide me insight into what is going on, I would be so appreciative. What is this hotel stuff and what are these msgs to multiple women? I am thinking he may be involved in a 419 scam or his friend is a yahoo boy....but why is he using such poor grammar when he speaks and writes excellent English?

I am so stressed over all of this that it is literally consuming my every thought. My husband only denies everything and gets defensive then ignores me if I keep pushing for answers. Outside of this incident he is incredibly loving and affectionate and treats my mother so well. He cares so much about what she thinks of him.

Thank you,

Tasha
Hire a private detective and keep your fingers crossed.

8 Likes

Re: What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? by craleonic: 2:17am On May 13, 2020
wisdomiskey:

I get your point and I respect your patience and tolerance whilst being there for your friend. She was and is blessed to have a friend like you who didn't allow her relapse into a terrible state as we can see in Mstick's case.

But let's be honest, Mstick needs a real life outside of this platform in order to heal. Nairaland is not the place to throw her toxicity at others. What she needs is a friend! and with the amount of time and energy she spends here, I doubt she has one.

And you in your infinite wisdom knows how best it is for people to grief? You are more concerned about her 'man-bashing' than her wellbeing, so shut it with your asinine advice.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? by Kallantan: 4:43pm On May 13, 2020
Honestly, I don't know what your husband's secret is or what he's hiding from you. But what's clear is that you definitely have a relationship problems. Trust issues, personal problems and so on. It's not surprising, because keeping a good relationship at a distance is always difficult, constantly in your head the question "What if...". I'm sure that's a lot of stress. But I think you should try to have a normal conversation with your husband, talk about all your fears and concerns. Maybe it'll help him open up, maybe not. But it doesn't seem to make your relationship any worse...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? by Lawly: 4:52pm On May 14, 2020
madam it's easy. get a private detective who will investigate him. and make sure the private detective arranges some trustworthy people to waylay him, accuse him of having an affair with their girl, and then search his phones and gadgets thoroughly to know what exactly he's hiding.
it's better to find out on time while you can move on with your life. better a broken marriage than to try to manage the situation and have a broken life or even getting caught in shit you don't bargain for.
it might even be that he has family elsewhere and is using you to his advantage. please find out on time and make a well adviced decisions after your finding.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? by adanny01(m): 9:38pm On May 15, 2020
Tasha7:

Thank you,

Tasha

The only conclusion my mind came up with is, you are a means to an end and his phone can prove it.

His doting your mother secures his position and makes you more vulnerable to the lies.

However, you have no proof, you need to be smart. Keep your finances to yourself for safety. Act normal and don't be inquisitive or confrontational. Your last confrontation only makes him aware of his mistakes, he will do his best not to slip again. Discretely gather more and more evidence and eventually the truth will be revealed.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? by MagpieMonishaa: 10:34pm On May 15, 2020
Tasha7:

grin

Brother panicked real hard.

grin

Consider yourself un-married. Nobody will be able to tell you what is really going on but you won't like what you will discover.

Your focus should be on the discovery so that you find your peace. Until then he will deny, manipulate and lie like there is no tomorrow. Nigerians learn to lie for survival to avoid their violence inclined parents beatings in the name of 'spare the rod spoil the child'. undecided

The mind fvckery he will put you through will be enough for a life time. Be smart!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? by Mstick: 2:05am On May 16, 2020
Thanks for your nice words. Truth is I resolved to stop responding to trolls but for the fact that the dunderhead quoted you and mentioned me to tell lies then I will reply him one last time.

1) according to him the moniker mstick lost a child due to neglect...it's laughable please go through the topic I created about the passport to know better. https://www.nairaland.com/5656619/extortion-immigration-office-rivers-state#up

2) it said I wished another woman's child death, please cococandy, pocohantas, sisisioge,octopussy and some other monikers where on that thread I didn't make any comment insulting anyone but this crazy troll just quoted me talking about dead child and all.

3)I've NEVER EVER been banned on nairaland before maybe a few hidden posts but that's all.

4) I am who I am, and calling me names and talking about a dead child YOU know nothing about because I wrote about it is LAUGHABLE.

5) I will NEVER EVER REPLY YOU ANYMORE BECAUSE I AM NOT A PIG.
Keep drinking that "dead child" cool aid as for me and my loving family we know the truth.

https://www.nairaland.com/5785007/how-handle-wife-wasteful/14 @craleonic and everyone interested can go there read and make their own judgement. You can never mock anyone with the death of a child and expect them to pray and clap for you, NO ONE.

craleonic:

Especially wimps with shitty lives looking for those to spill some misery at.

Who uses something as painful and personal as a dead child to troll someone?
Wisdomiskey, you are a piece of shit.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Boy Draws Mum On Her Period After She Changed Her Pad In Front Of Him / They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? / Mother Drops A Funny Comment On Son's Facebook Pic: Make The Lips No Touch You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.