Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

The Last Bus - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Last Bus (35457 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Last Bus by damselposh(f): 10:35am On Jun 11, 2020
Ayemi oooo I yaff miss plenty action. I pray they survive this journey. Eshe boss for the update.

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by Lilly4endu(f): 12:07pm On Jun 11, 2020
JamesKudooski:

Guess you are right, Lilly4endu but in that situation, anybody would have done the same. Being in a cave seemed a better option than staying in the open under such heavy downpour that was ripping giant trees apart.

Don't you think so?

Yeah, i did but they would have stayed put than moving futher into the cave.

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by PrudySara(f): 2:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
Yeah, glad to be back too

Do join please, Akin & co. need that prayer very well
JamesKudooski:

PruuuuuudySara,

Good to have you back. It's a long while.

I join you in your prayer too ooo.

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by Tominix(m): 8:19pm On Jun 11, 2020
lion, bear, tiger, leopard, anaconda, python, cobrm may God sha save them

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 8:40am On Jun 12, 2020
damselposh:
Ayemi oooo
I yaff miss plenty action.
I pray they survive this journey.
Eshe boss for the update.

Hey dammmmmselposh! Long time too. Hope you are doing great?

Yes oooo. You yaff miss plenty plenty action.

Good to sight you.
Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 8:41am On Jun 12, 2020
Lilly4endu:

Yeah, i did but they would have stayed put than moving futher into the cave.

Okay.
Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 8:45am On Jun 12, 2020
Tominix:
lion, bear, tiger, leopard, anaconda, python, cobrm may God sha save them

Ahhhhh! All of these animals?!!!! Wahala dey oooo.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 8:46am On Jun 12, 2020
New Episodes in a Moment ........

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 9:02am On Jun 12, 2020
Chapter Six
The Cave
(Episode 13)

However, Fatima could not move. She remained glued to the same spot, whimpering. She covered her mouth with one hand and pointed towards the tunnel with the other. We all turned our eyes to the direction and froze too.

Two big yellow eyes were coming out of the tunnel. Those were the only parts we could see.

“What the hell! Run!!!” I screamed, and everybody ran towards the entrance. We didn't wait to see what it was. We didn't have to.

The creature emerged from the darkness. It was a giant gorilla. It was about six feet tall and occupied ample space. It must be a very matured gorilla for its black fur was full and had what looked like a long beard growing from its face. Its brow bulged out of its forehead. “WAAAAAAAAH!” It bared its teeth and roared, beating its chest.

Ubong turned back and saw that Fatima had not moved an inch out of fear. I stopped abruptly, too and turned back. The gorilla charged towards Fatima. Fatima's knees knocked against each other like tambourine and urine trickled down her thigh. Her whimpering grew louder. The gorilla raised its hand high up, and Ubong dived to push Fatima out of harm's way. Sadly, the hand came down hard on her head before Ubong reached her. It was like the force of a bag of cement. We heard a cracking sound and blood oozed out from her mouth and nostrils. She dropped to her knees with a vacant stare and fell facedown on the pile of skulls before her.

Michael turned around and unleashed fire on the beast. The bullets perforated its chest with holes. The animal flailed its arms as it staggered backwards. “WAAAAAAAAAH!!!” it roared at the top of its voice. The roar ricocheted around the cave, making it quake. Cracks became visible on the roof, and tiny particles and dust fell to the ground. Michael did not stop. More bullets tore into the gorilla's flesh. It continued baring its teeth as it struggled with itself, kicking and scattering skulls and bones all about the place.

Finally, it fell on it back and crushed the skulls it landed on, raising white dust that choked us and blurred our vision. The thud was so powerful that the cave quaked again. Ubong crawled to Fatima and lifted her lifeless body and wept over her as if he just lost a child. Michael and I walked up to him to console him. I stared at the dead beast. I felt like waking it up and killing it over and over and over again.

To be continued ... Watch Out for the Next Episode!

NB: The book is NOW AVAILABLE on online stores. For those who can't hold the suspense, get the book here:

1. BAMBOOKS: https://bambooks.io/Book/BookDetail/The-Last-Bus/12725

2. OKADABOOKS: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the_last_bus/33597

3. LITIRESO: https://litireso.com/library/B-530ykalgylh2

4. SMASHWORDS: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1024020

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

Like my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/adukestories/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 9:25am On Jun 12, 2020
Chapter Six
The Cave
(Episode 14)

The heat from the sun was now becoming scorching; not even the trees could provide us with the much-needed refuge. This forest was full of mysteries. It was difficult to believe that it was the same forest that almost killed us with downpour only a few hours ago—one good thing the rain did, though was that it provided us with enough water to drink. We continued our journey in a single file heading towards a mountain we had seen when we left the cave.

We all remained silent as we moved on. Only the rustling of leaves and chirping of birds were audible. Everyone was battling with his or her innermost thoughts. No doubt, there was much to think about in this situation. It was sure that none of us had gotten over Fatima's death in the cave. We were ten that started this journey in the forest together before Michael joined us, but now three of us had already gone, and we didn't know what the forest had in store for the rest of us.
After walking for hours, our destination seemed not to be getting any closer. The closer we got, the more it seemed the mountain ran farther away from us.

At about three O'Clock, we decided to get some rest. We found a massive tree that formed a huge canopy over our heads. The breeze underneath the tree was cool and refreshing. Biggie and Ubong went into the bush and soon returned with enough fruits for all to eat to satisfaction. We had enough water too. We had had our fill when we came across a clean pond earlier and had filled up some of the wineskins we got from the cave.

As we took our rest and enjoyed our meal, we naturally loosened up. I discovered that it was the best thing to do. We needed to stay positive and make the best of the situation we found ourselves. We cracked jokes and shared exciting stories. Sister Elizabeth entertained us with some songs. I was delighted to see Amitabh clapping and drumming with his mouth to the songs. I didn't know that Lilian too had such a beautiful voice. She was the quiet type that hardly spoke. The smiles and laughter on everybody's lips were invigorating. We came to appreciate our surroundings—the chirping of birds became melodious songs to our ears, and squirrels jumping from tree to tree, filled us with laughter.

Fiona and I moved away from the others and shared sweet memories while curdled in each other's arms. We were fast becoming inseparable. From time to time, we checked our phones for network signals, but we were always disappointed each time. Anyway, they still allowed us to measure time.

We hit back the road after we had had sufficient rest. We soon came across a broad path that appeared to be frequently used. I saw happiness beam forth from everyone's eyes. This could only mean one thing—we were close to a settlement.
However, as soon as we hit the path, Fiona started telling me she felt that someone was watching us. But we saw no one.

As we moved farther down the path, we came across stone sculptures of different sizes and shapes with scary features. Some had what looked like ancient markings and inscriptions. Some looked like altars and shrines. There was something strange hanging in the air. My nose had begun to twitch again. I started feeling cold from the inside, and I could see others too feeling that way. We slowed down and turned in all directions, but we found nothing. We did not know what to do—whether we should turn back or continue. If there was anything we instinctively agreed on, however, it was that going forward might be a bad idea. Everyone braced up for any eventuality. Michael steadied himself with his rifle at the ready like a trained soldier. I loved that guy!

The moment we started backtracking, we began to hear sounds and noticed movements in the bush around us. And in what seemed like a flash we saw human figures running around us and disappearing back into the bushes. We swung around frantically but saw nothing. It happened the second time. God! What was going on? Were we being haunted by an army of the dead? My palms became sweaty.

Then we heard what sounded like a war cry and the figures appeared and disappeared again. However, this time, they lingered a bit longer so that we could catch a glimpse of what they were. They were kind of some ancient warriors. Michael wasted no time in squeezing the trigger but hit not a single one of them. There was pin-drop silence for a moment. My heart started beating so hard I feared it would pop out of my chest. I held Fiona's hand. She too was sweating.

To be continued ... Watch Out for the Next Episode!

NB: The book is NOW AVAILABLE on online stores. For those who can't hold the suspense, get the book here:

1. BAMBOOKS: https://bambooks.io/Book/BookDetail/The-Last-Bus/12725

2. OKADABOOKS: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the_last_bus/33597

3. LITIRESO: https://litireso.com/library/B-530ykalgylh2

4. SMASHWORDS: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1024020

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

Like my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/adukestories/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Last Bus by damselposh(f): 9:29am On Jun 12, 2020
Ancient warriors kini? aaah Boss, Nibolowa? come and continue ejor.
Eshe.

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by Tominix(m): 9:38am On Jun 12, 2020
JamesKudooski:

Eh na shey it don show,
Re: The Last Bus by Tominix(m): 9:54am On Jun 12, 2020
JamesKudooski:

Thank God, buh that fiona she was stupid and died cos of her stupidity SMH

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by Tominix(m): 9:55am On Jun 12, 2020
them wan start Jumanji Abi wetin

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by becca2017(f): 10:48am On Jun 12, 2020
Hmmmmm!!! Thanks for the update sir

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by Missmossy(f): 11:02am On Jun 12, 2020
This is so enthralling cheesy i`m glued...ancient wetin shocked

Welldone!!!

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by Lilly4endu(f): 11:36am On Jun 12, 2020
Speechless. Nevertheless Michael should shout like in the movies ( we are sorry to disturb you people but we come in peace, something like that.) You know what i mean OP.

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by EkopSparoAyara(m): 12:49pm On Jun 12, 2020
Fatima is gone,but not without the beast going down too.. I'll take it that her death was avenged..

Something is brewing, whatever it is, it sure doesn't sound funny... Chaos is hanging loosely..

Whose turn is it to kiss mother earth goodbye..
Whose turn is it to enter the inevitable Last Bus of life with death manning it's steering..
I weep..

BRAVO JAMESKUDOOSKI..

2 Likes

Re: The Last Bus by Reva1(m): 9:16pm On Jun 12, 2020
JamesKudooski:

Better.

Thanks once more for the patronage. I know you will enjoy it.

Happy reading.
Thoroughly did!

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by Kaycee9242(m): 4:30am On Jun 13, 2020
the forest is becoming more dangerous by the day. op well done

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by damis28crown(f): 10:01am On Jun 15, 2020
lesson noted : when travelling i will never take the last bus but manage second to the last well done op

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by Ann2012(f): 10:57am On Jun 15, 2020
Na wa oooo, from fry pan to fire
I just pray they survive oooo

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 5:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
damselposh:
Ancient warriors kini?
aaah Boss, Nibolowa?
come and continue ejor.

Eshe.

Na so we see am ooo. Even me sef shock!
Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2020
Tominix:
Thank God, buh that fiona she was stupid and died cos of her stupidity SMH

shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 5:48pm On Jun 15, 2020
Tominix:
them wan start Jumanji Abi wetin

Abeg ask them oooo.
Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 5:50pm On Jun 15, 2020
becca2017:
Hmmmmm!!!
Thanks for the update sir

You are welcome, dear.

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 5:52pm On Jun 15, 2020
Missmossy:
This is so enthralling cheesy i`m glued...ancient wetin shocked

Welldone!!!

Thanks, Missmossy. Glad you are enjoying the piece.
Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 5:54pm On Jun 15, 2020
Lilly4endu:
Speechless. Nevertheless Michael should shout like in the movies ( we are sorry to disturb you people but we come in peace, something like that.) You know what i mean OP.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Good idea.
Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 5:56pm On Jun 15, 2020
EkopSparoAyara:
Fatima is gone,but not without the beast going down too.. I'll take it that her death was avenged..

Something is brewing, whatever it is, it sure doesn't sound funny... Chaos is hanging loosely..

Whose turn is it to kiss mother earth goodbye..
Whose turn is it to enter the inevitable Last Bus of life with death manning it's steering..
I weep..

BRAVO JAMESKUDOOSKI..

Whose turn is it to kiss .... ?

This is deep! Very, very deep!

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 5:59pm On Jun 15, 2020
Reva1:

Thoroughly did!

I'm glad you did!

Did you leave a review for me on Okadabooks?

smiley
Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 6:00pm On Jun 15, 2020
Kaycee9242:
the forest is becoming more dangerous by the day. op well done

Yes oooo, Kaycee. Even me, I'm now very scared!
Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 6:01pm On Jun 15, 2020
damis28crown:
lesson noted : when travelling i will never take the last bus but manage second to the last well done op

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

You're Next / Underlying Love (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Sites To Download Free Ebooks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.