Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes - Family (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes (80363 Views)

My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! / She Is Pushing Me , My Wife Called Me A Vegetable - Read My Story / The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Demainman1: 10:31pm On May 21, 2020
Beatswim:
when we talk about church now.. U will say we Christians follow daddy GOs sheeply and u will be making jest of Christians but see where u have led your family now... Now your wife is now pushing u to rob at th highway despite how comfortable you are.. Its a shame... Do u know some men dont make a quarter of what u make per month and their wives still give them peace... Do u wanna know why Pls join us we sheeples....my wife is a choirmember in church.. She belongs to 4 other departments in the church... She doesnt use earings.. Dont use trousers.. When i wake up.. I teach her the word of God.. When we wanna sleep we study the word of God... We go to vigils 4times in 7days per week.. And now leme ask u... How will such a woman turn out weird of a sudden... U better take hold of that marriage and return to Jesus.. Else if your wife sees an avenue to follow rich daddies she wont hesitate the way shess looking for money now oo..

And who tell you say that your wife no fit follow other men even with all that born again thing you guys have going on there....my man...forget o...

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Pelxmiye(m): 1:34am On May 22, 2020
mydeporch:

This is how they turn the remaining good men to another thing. Women got to thread carefully in marriage. Greediness ain't a good thing. Am amazed at how some are faulting the husband...@Ademidedavid What you wont tolerate at the long run, dont start taking it now. She is exhibiting some characters which you need to be cautious of....@emmaodet and @exc2000 have said my mind.

I do tell my husband anytime we are talking nd he says some women did some crazy things, I would say dy need just one resetting slap. Just as people will be saying men got problems.....av come to realize some women own sef na craze level....if u cant sit down nd reason on ur own, u get people to reason wt u nd u no get am too....people dealing wt u need to wise up.
Just as some women dont have appreciative husbands, we have men too who despite everything, they will still tell you u have done nothing. When we are not in peoples shoes, we dont seem to understand how hurtful berating words could be to an hardworking man.
I only read 2 pages nd I dont like some peoples response....
Op please pick the wise pieces of advice on this ur thread...

A lucky husband you have got..these as re the kind of women we need in 2020 world beaters...great women with vision...not just sex alone and nagging and entitlement..women who are business partners..lovers..personal muse for their spouses to be better in every aspect of life...i made up my mind to stop disturbing myself on top women matter...but I'm glad we still have some who are reasonable and different...i hope we meet women like you going forward and don't change for nothing...my God grant your home peace and good loving kiss kiss

6 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by rationalhuman(m): 7:06am On May 22, 2020
Mostly Women`s Family provides money. Not only Money s gift to start new life but Women`s family spent exorbitant amount of money on wedding.
During my study in India, Back in 2009 one of our batch mate (happening to be from Northern India) invited us to attend his brothers party.
I have seen a lot of weddings, receptions but that splash of money they were throwing on wedding was hard to believe. No doubt Indian weddings are most lavish and full of extravaganza, Both Man and Women`s families do that.
I would not spent a fraction of that money on my wedding, its utter madness.

Well its their culture you cant compare with us.
osazsky:
did the man complain of money.in India women provide for their men..na them they do marriage and pay bride price...sex is overrated apart from sex u girls have nothing to offer and dats d plain truth

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:06am On May 22, 2020
ademidedavid:

And nagging woman are so difficult to please because they won't listen to you, reason with you or even accept their flaws.

They are very difficult to please, and that in itself can make a man run mad.

I blame those who keep saying women were created like that, especially those stupid men who have never been with a troublesome woman all their lives.

My mom was not created to be troublesome. And I won't train my daughters to feel that nagging is a natural behavior of women. My daughters must be well mannered, and must learn how to talk to their husbands because respect is reciprocal. You can't be rude to people and expect to be treated like a queen in return. That only happens in silly romantic movies.

Nagging is bad, and should be condemned. Any woman who nags her husband is a beast, and should be treated like a beast.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by dhappyking(m): 8:12am On May 22, 2020
Chill Bro, nothing spoil. Women are like that. If you work so hard that you are hardly at home, they will complain that you are hardly there for them. That you are too preoccupied with chasing money. If you are always at home, they will complain that you are lazy and not working hard enough. Just make sure that you are putting in enough effort to take care of your family needs. Whatch it, she just may have been comparing herself with others and want to measure up. No go kill yourself to satisfy her. Just apoloqize for hitting her and life should go on already.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by ademidedavid(f): 8:34am On May 22, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

They are very difficult to please, and that in itself can make a man run mad.

I blame those who keep saying women were created like that, especially those stupid men who have never been with a troublesome woman all their lives.

My mom was not created to be troublesome. And I won't train my daughters to feel that nagging is a natural behavior of women. My daughters must be well mannered, and must learn how to talk to their husbands because respect is reciprocal. You can't be rude to people and expect to be treated like a queen in return. That only happens in silly romantic movies.

Nagging is bad, and should be condemned. Any woman who nags her husband is a beast, and should be treated like a beast.
Thanks so much for your understanding
Bless you and yours

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by jay2smart19(m): 7:24pm On May 22, 2020
ademidedavid:

Yes I saw it but thought my jobs can cater for it

Shoulda known better man. It doesn't get better with them except by God's grace which is where you are now. God will help you man. Sit her down and tell her what you can and cannot do and the lifestyle you can finance and can't. It's a tough one but marriage is like that at times.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Evercurious(f): 8:45pm On May 22, 2020
Titi03:

How old is your wife coz I don't understand this childish mentality.

Its 2020! do people still believe everything others post or "show off" on social media?

Thanks for this. Op married an immature child and now he has to do the grooming that he couldn't wait for her to have before getting married to her

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Evercurious(f): 8:47pm On May 22, 2020
ademidedavid:

Yes I saw it but thought my jobs can cater for it

You see what your ASSUMPTIONS have led you into? You just have to face what is ahead alone.. And be ready for it cos you still have a long run ahead

Finally I believe you have your reasons for getting married to her.. Go back and take a good look at those reasons.. Are they now strong enough to pull you through all these? If they are not ,then you have just built your plans on a FAULTY foundation and may God help you..

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Gamboh55(m): 11:44pm On May 22, 2020
pawn89:
This is surprising, honestly; you bring in 100k+ monthly into the family and also have a side hustle going on for you, your wife asks you to make more and you raised your hands on her ?

I think you need to apologize to your wife, that your wife is asking you to do some more hustling is not an act of disrespect, if anything, she wants you to succeed and to raise financial status of your own family.

Please do the needful, swallow your pride; she's your wife, and if she wants you to hustle more and you think you are out of ideas you can just as well ask her for inputs and for you to evaluate the ideas she brings in.

Behind every successful man, there's a woman; this is because, women are attracted to wealth and people with purpose, actionable plan and visions and can translate that purpose to wealth with some help from them.

Apologize to her, mend the broken wall and save your marriage

PS: If you get very upset, just take a walk, its therapeutic, I do it and by the time you return, everyone's emotion will be on check and tempers would have cooled down smiley
Beautiful nonsense. Women are attracted to wealth so why don't they work and make the wealth let's see if its easy to make money. He earns money and still has side hustles what else do you want him to do. Maybe he should use you or the wife for money rituals then.
Stop encouraging lazy women who see marriage as a poverty alleviation scheme. Encourage them to use their brains more often and stop making useless excuses on the basis of being women.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:17am On May 23, 2020
ademidedavid:
It's no longer a story that pastors divorce their partners, imams divorce their partners, highly educated people do same and even the so called marriage counsellors are not left out in the order of the day and it has always been a thing of worry for me with the thought that they never loved each other before marriage but getting married has changed my thinking and has made me realised that marriage only takes the grace of God to work out.

I have been married for 3 years with 1 beautiful daughter with a loving wife (maybe before and some years into the marriage). I have always believed that I cannever raise my hand on my woman since my father never did such but I find it hard to believe I did the unimaginable today although It wasn't intentional.

It was due to annoyance after she asked me to stop sitting at home and go work for more money like other men even though I am a federal worker with above 100k monthly income and still do personal work as a civil engineer apart from the federal job despite the lockdown.....

It really got me aggravated because I have been the one fending for the family and the kid for the past 3 years and never asked for a kobo from her.....

Although I have noticed the urge for very flamboyant life style in her lately and has even asked me to get more money at any means, that money is everything in this life even though I have tried telling her its a gradual process, she still doesn't listen and even asked me to raise money for her to travel out of Nigeria.

I have never thought of raising my hands on any woman let alone my wife.....

Please how do I change her sudden mentality towards this sudden extravagant life style because I pray it doesn't lead to something else since I can't do illegal things to acquire the type of wealth she dreams of?

Bro, you have lost her .... only God can bring her back from the express way ... your marriage is technically over .... raise money for her to travel out...... you are no longer in her equation

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by ademidedavid(f): 4:12pm On May 27, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

Bro, you have lost her .... only God can bring her back from the express way ... your marriage is technically over .... raise money for her to travel out...... you are no longer in her equation
Will look into that, thanks
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by SHOCK7(m): 7:45pm On Jun 02, 2020
LegitGirl:

You’re not a serious person. You’re not the talking type... what are you then, the beating type?

Nonsense and ingredients! Coward!
U have no right to insult him, u don't walk his shoes, he lost his temper due to his wife provocation!

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Jovi123(f): 7:02am On Jun 08, 2020
njelrapheal:
Outside influence, trust me. Ppl have been saying things into her ears. Op, watch her friends. Get her engaged, try to find the source of the negative influence.

Op this is actually your wife's problem

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by ThaRealist: 6:44pm On Jun 09, 2020
Kenturkey048:
Bros I swear to God you didn't mess up..If you apologize to her ,you f*ck up big time..always make women remember you are the head ...

how can your wife,the person you married and swore for better for worst with still be the same person pressuring you to go illegal....

Instead of assisting you build an empire rather she wants to destroy the little way you are moving.....

You see why I say if you give women chance they gonna ruin your life....

good evening bro , is there a way I can reach out to you asides Pm? as I don't know how that works

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Kenturkey048(m): 7:40pm On Jun 09, 2020
ThaRealist:

good evening bro , is there a way I can reach out to you asides Pm? as I don't know how that works

Zero 8 zero 6 one 3 seven sixty4 ten

Reach me on that ..

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by ademidedavid(f): 7:44am On Jun 17, 2020
Kenturkey048:

Zero 8 zero 6 one 3 seven sixty4 ten

Reach me on that ..
This man!
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by ademidedavid(f): 7:45am On Jun 17, 2020
Jovi123:

Op this is actually your wife's problem
Thanks my bro
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by ademidedavid(f): 7:46am On Jun 17, 2020
SHOCK7:

U have no right to insult him, u don't walk his shoes, he lost his temper due to his wife provocation!
People don't really understand what pushing one to the walls/extremes really mean until they find themselves in such shoes
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by ademidedavid(f): 7:49am On Jun 17, 2020
SHOCK7:

He really does not know what pushing one to the extremes really means......
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by ademidedavid(f): 8:05am On Jun 17, 2020
dhappyking:
Chill Bro, nothing spoil. Women are like that. If you work so hard that you are hardly at home, they will complain that you are hardly there for them. That you are too preoccupied with chasing money. If you are always at home, they will complain that you are lazy and not working hard enough. Just make sure that you are putting in enough effort to take care of your family needs. Whatch it, she just may have been comparing herself with others and want to measure up. No go kill yourself to satisfy her. Just apoloqize for hitting her and life should go on already.
Thanks a lot, exactly what I am doing.... Making sure my family is not lacking in any essential amenities ......
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by koyyess: 6:10pm On Jun 20, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

[s]Throwing tantrums already? You can't stand the truth. Typical of a mannerless, classless, agbero woman.

Tell me, what is domestic violence?

You are justifying verbal abuse but condemning physical abuse. Maybe you don't know that there are four major forms of spousal or domestic abuse/violence.

1. Physical abuse

2. Verbal abuse

3. Economic abuse

4. Emotional abuse.
[/s]

Shut up!

Inventless Animal.
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:47pm On Jun 20, 2020
koyyess:

Shut up!

Inventless Animal.

Sugar, why are you still keeping grudges? cheesy You are just replying to a post I made a month ago.

Life is too short to be keeping needless grudges na.

Please, grow up.
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by koyyess: 10:19pm On Jun 20, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Sugar, why are you still keeping grudges? cheesy You are just replying to a post I made a month ago.

Life is too short to be keeping needless grudges na.

Please, grow up.

Shut up!

You ran away only to come back when I wasn't online to spew your trash.

Mumu.
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:55pm On Jun 20, 2020
koyyess:

Shut up!

You ran away only to come back when I wasn't online to spew your trash.

Mumu.

OK, my sweet potato.

Can we let this thread die now?

Nonsense!!!
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by koyyess: 11:32am On Jun 21, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

OK, my sweet potato.

Can we let this thread die now?

Nonsense!!!

If you like go and hit any female you see that provokes you. The kind of treatment you will get from your fellow males will teach you a lesson.

Fool

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:19pm On Jun 21, 2020
koyyess:

If you like go and hit any female you see that provokes you. The kind of treatment you will get from your fellow males will teach you a lesson.

Fool

Do you know I have a crush on you?

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Kenturkey048(m): 12:15pm On Jul 06, 2020
ademidedavid:

This man!
which man Shey you know the man ni??

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by ademidedavid(f): 11:06pm On Aug 02, 2020
Kenturkey048:
which man Shey you know the man ni??
So funny
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 03, 2020
ademidedavid:

It was just a slap at her back.....just to caution her because I am not the talking type
How would you like it if she slapped your back to pass a message across?

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Jaqenhghar: 8:48am On Aug 05, 2020
ademidedavid:
It's no longer a story that pastors divorce their partners, imams divorce their partners, highly educated people do same and even the so called marriage counsellors are not left out in the order of the day and it has always been a thing of worry for me with the thought that they never loved each other before marriage but getting married has changed my thinking and has made me realised that marriage only takes the grace of God to work out.

I have been married for 3 years with 1 beautiful daughter with a loving wife (maybe before and some years into the marriage). I have always believed that I cannever raise my hand on my woman since my father never did such but I find it hard to believe I did the unimaginable today although It wasn't intentional.

It was due to annoyance after she asked me to stop sitting at home and go work for more money like other men even though I am a federal worker with above 100k monthly income and still do personal work as a civil engineer apart from the federal job despite the lockdown.....

It really got me aggravated because I have been the one fending for the family and the kid for the past 3 years and never asked for a kobo from her.....

Although I have noticed the urge for very flamboyant life style in her lately and has even asked me to get more money at any means, that money is everything in this life even though I have tried telling her its a gradual process, she still doesn't listen and even asked me to raise money for her to travel out of Nigeria.

I have never thought of raising my hands on any woman let alone my wife.....

Please how do I change her sudden mentality towards this sudden extravagant life style because I pray it doesn't lead to something else since I can't do illegal things to acquire the type of wealth she dreams of?
Clearly she is trying to impress people. Show off is a bad thing sadly there is little you can do.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by ademidedavid(f): 7:29am On Jan 18, 2021
Jaqenhghar:
Clearly she is trying to impress people. Show off is a bad thing sadly there is little you can do.
Very little, her mind is made up already

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

I Am Suspecting My Wife Is Cheating. Should I Confront Her? / My Wife Complains That My Private Part Is Too Big & That I Stay Too Long, Help / When Your Wife Takes Your Place As The Husband (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.