Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes - Family (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes (80333 Views)

My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! / She Is Pushing Me , My Wife Called Me A Vegetable - Read My Story / The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by ademidedavid(f): 7:30am On Jan 18, 2021
Chii59:

How would you like it if she slapped your back to pass a message across?
I cannot miebehave to such extent
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by ademidedavid(f): 7:31am On Jan 18, 2021
Kenturkey048:
which man Shey you know the man ni??
I kukuma sabi the man
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by ademidedavid(f): 7:31am On Jan 18, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Do you know I have a crush on you?
Please don't crush her career
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:24am On Jan 18, 2021
ademidedavid:

Please don't crush her career

She is already my wife.

And we are already even expecting sef grin

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by ademidedavid(f): 8:37am On Jan 18, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

She is already my wife.

And we are already even expecting sef grin

Aaahh, you have crushed her already self, congratulations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:41am On Jan 18, 2021
ademidedavid:

Aaahh, you have crushed her already self, congratulations

I was just joking cheesy

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Jaqenhghar: 11:59am On Jan 18, 2021
ademidedavid:

Very little, her mind is made up already
This attutude of showing off may be an indicator of some deep unresolved issues within. In oyinbo land they will recommend therapy. Over in Naija people see therapy sessions as an insult or its only for crazy people. Besides I doubt if there are any good therapists there.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by dotedote: 3:01pm On Jan 19, 2021
Oga go on your knees and beg like you're already doing. Just as you've been told by madam, go out and triple your hussle to make more money (regardless of whatever you do to get it). Deduct a tenth of the hussle proceeds for church and hand the 9/10th to her just to meet up with her expectations. StupidDeadManWalking.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by ademidedavid(f): 1:21pm On Jan 22, 2021
dotedote:
Oga go on your knees and beg like you're already doing. Just as you've been told by madam, go out and triple your hussle to make more money (regardless of whatever you do to get it). Deduct a tenth of the hussle proceeds for church and hand the 9/10th to her just to meet up with her expectations. StupidDeadManWalking.

Unfortunate soul

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Exceed15: 9:41am On Dec 25, 2021
meetme01:
You don F-up. Raising your hands on any woman talkless your wife has degraded you. That's the bitter truth.

Back to the main issue. Your wife needs your unreserved apology. You need remorseful which is through your attitude. Let her know you are deeply sorry.

To her, is she not working? Why have you refused to set her up in a biz? One problem I have realized in today's marriage is, finance. It's really creating a lot of issues in most marriage. As a man, if you earn from three sources, declare only two. Let her know how the money is spent to the last kobo. That was the initial problem, you need to fix that part asap

See mumu advice
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Exceed15: 9:43am On Dec 25, 2021
Poorboy:
Broke man ,broke man if her father is not broke will she be totally dependent on you.

How old is she?

Is she educated?

Does she have a job?

Is the other sisters married and doing well than you people?

Oil dey head bro!

Is she from a wealthy home, like she is used to comfort already?

Which state do you reside?

See you cannot satisfy greed, your wife is a greedy person. How can your wife ask you to look for money for her to travel out then you feel you have a wife.

Work on your emotions don't allow the term wife to make you try to impress, if you put yourself in unnecessary pressure to make money and die before your burial another man will already be sleeping with her. She is the money type.

Tell people the truth and let them know their worth, I once told my fiancee I am not your responsibility, if you can't survive quit.

Don't regret beating her, though I don't subscribe to that.

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Exceed15: 9:45am On Dec 25, 2021
Poorboy:
Broke man ,broke man if her father is not broke will she be totally dependent on you.

How old is she?

Is she educated?

Does she have a job?

Is the other sisters married and doing well than you people?

Oil dey head bro

Oil dey head bro!

Is she from a wealthy home, like she is used to comfort already?

Which state do you reside?

See you cannot satisfy greed, your wife is a greedy person. How can your wife ask you to look for money for her to travel out then you feel you have a wife.

Work on your emotions don't allow the term wife to make you try to impress, if you put yourself in unnecessary pressure to make money and die before your burial another man will already be sleeping with her. She is the money type.

Tell people the truth and let them know their worth, I once told my fiancee I am not your responsibility, if you can't survive quit.

Don't regret beating her, though I don't subscribe to that.

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by ademidedavid(f): 6:25pm On Jul 09, 2022
[quote author=Exceed15 post=108797960][/quote]

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by pitoski(m): 8:02am On Jul 10, 2022
You are a real man. This is the most sensible comment. @ OP don't kill yourself trying to please your greedy wife. Don't apologise for beating her.
HarunaWest:
Sorry to say but if I were in your shoes, that slap will land on her cheeks.
I hate when people don't appreciate someone's efforts.
If she want to live flamboyantly, then she should learn to make her own money. I won't take an insult on my person from someone that isnt contributing to my development.
Don't apologize for slapping her, just lock up. You are the man of the house not the other way round.
However, if she doesn't deem it fit to apologize to you, just dey look am.
If you dare apologize, you will kuku loose the remaining small respect that she has for you cos from look of things that woman has been brainwashed by material stuff. Cheers
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Efeboyi: 7:01pm On Jul 11, 2022
So Mr. OP how's everything going now? smiley smiley
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by duduade: 8:01am On Jul 12, 2022
Efeboyi:
So Mr. OP how's everything going now? smiley smiley

That's the thing they never come back to give feedback

Except if they are begging for job/money
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Efeboyi: 3:58pm On Jul 12, 2022
duduade:

That's the thing they never come back to give feedback

Except if they are begging for job/money

No mind them angry angry
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Excel70: 6:56pm On Jul 12, 2022
Of course no man owes me anything, but the moment he chooses to start a family with a woman, he has put her in a vulnerable position. Most times Automatically, her priorites realign, she becomes more vulnerable, she has to tolerate bullshit because she is married and has a family, she has to quit work when she gets pregnant, she has to experience the worse pain of her life and tangle with death in the labor room.

She has to readjust to putting another human being's (a newborn) needs before her own. She has to put her career on hold to nuture this man's children, and allow them to bite her breasts for at least 6 months. Do you even know how painful and uncomfortable exclusive breastfeeding is? I always wonder why women still come to the labor room more than twice.

You do all this for a child that will still leave one day. That may or may not be grateful. Afterall, it isn't their obligation to look after you in old age. Isn't that how millennials think?

I worked in the labor room for a year and i saw many traumatic things that has shifted my mind about starting a family. I came to the conclusion that motherhood is not worth it. Especially if the man has a bad character(a good number) is not in the picture, or cannot afford to provide for his family.

That i ask that a man should simply provide so that his family is comfortable and can get the best of what is out there, is not not too much, but the minimal requirement.

I'm not a poor person, I can take care of myself. I'm just starting my career but chose to stay at home because of the epidemic. I am asthmatic and nigerians are not worth dying for.

But i will rather adopt children and understand that they are my cross to bear alone than to be saddled with a man who thinks that the bare necessities is too much for him to accomplish. When i do end up finacing the simple things I want like yearly trips abroad which i am already doing as a single person instead of the man that wants me to go through the hoops and hurdles of selflessly raising his family as a gesture of goodwill and 'love'. Then he will know what disrespect truly means.

Sorry for the rant, but It truly gets me angry whenever i see men bullying women to accept their mediocrity.
Do they put a gun to their head to get married or give birth.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by LeoThaGreat(m): 2:27pm On Aug 13, 2023
Hello AdemideDavid,

Hope this meets you well.

I felt urged to address this your post. I've read threads you posted during Corona up till this one and I can't mince words to you. Sir, your marriage has ended, you just may not realise it yet because it's not yet officially announced, but your wife has mentally checked out of your marriage. The phase she's in now is a dangerous one for herself as she's ready to do anything for the life she's fantasizing about, even if it means sleeping with any man or animal for money. She's in a hoe phase. It seems you married her when she was too young, though we've seen young married ladies who don't act the way your wife does.

You earn well according to Nigeria's standard. You also have side hustle which means you're in no way a lazy man. You're the kind of man many ladies pray for. You're husband material, but your wife isn't wife material. You're too focused on her being mother material that you're ignoring the wife material aspect.

Bro, brace up.
Start preparing for an official end to your marriage. That woman no longer respect you and that's very bad. She will learn lessons, but not now, maybe in 10 years time, but I don't want her to drag you down with her.

Start saving for a new apartment to rent, or if you have house, keep your vital documents away from the house before she sells it to travel overseas to keep up with the Joneses.

Bro, I strongly believe she's already cheating, and she won't hesitate to poison you to death when you catch her. She's even denying you sex. Lol. She's probably getting it from someone else if she's not using a intimacy gadget. Wait a minute, she's been cheating on you with her ex who lives abroad. Any time he comes around, they sleep with each other and he probably promised to bring her over. That's why she asked that you help her with money to travel overseas.
If your landlord was rich and attractive, she would've slept with him for money, so she can travel with it to meet the love of her life who her marriage to you is obstructing.

Are you even sure the kid is yours and not for the Ex?

Write her off from your mind. You have tried. How many men around you are really as responsible as you have been?
There's another lady out there who deserves you. Your wife thinks she regrets marrying you, but she will understand your value when she finally elope and experience the life she's craving. There's nothing you can do to change her mind. She's gone already. You will regret marrying her if you don't call off the marriage.

I understand that you're a professed Christian, and you think God hates divorce, but you will understand that God doesn't want you to suffer in your marriage if you let the woman do things I forsee she's ready to do to you without remorse.

She's not grateful for having you, yet. But she will only be grateful after she's completely destroyed what's between you too.
She was would've divorced you a long time ago if her business was booming or if she was earning much.

Concerning your child , I know they're young, and you wouldn't want a step mum to come and maltreat her, but you need to make sure she lives with you, even after you separate from her mom, unless, she will kidnap her one day and you will never see her again. You may have a girlfriend sha after you've divorced that woman, but don't marry any woman till your child is about going for NYSC.

Your wife thinks she's still attractive after childbirth. Reality will set in for her in 10 years time. She will realise that beauty fades.

I just want you to save yourself now, rather than later

- Leo "Tha Great" Adewale
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Emmanuel30a: 6:27pm On Aug 13, 2023
ademidedavid:
It's no longer a story that pastors divorce their partners, imams divorce their partners, highly educated people do same and even the so called marriage counsellors are not left out in the order of the day and it has always been a thing of worry for me with the thought that they never loved each other before marriage but getting married has changed my thinking and has made me realised that marriage only takes the grace of God to work out.

I have been married for 3 years with 1 beautiful daughter with a loving wife (maybe before and some years into the marriage). I have always believed that I cannever raise my hand on my woman since my father never did such but I find it hard to believe I did the unimaginable today although It wasn't intentional.

It was due to annoyance after she asked me to stop sitting at home and go work for more money like other men even though I am a federal worker with above 100k monthly income and still do personal work as a civil engineer apart from the federal job despite the lockdown.....

It really got me aggravated because I have been the one fending for the family and the kid for the past 3 years and never asked for a kobo from her.....

Although I have noticed the urge for very flamboyant life style in her lately and has even asked me to get more money at any means, that money is everything in this life even though I have tried telling her its a gradual process, she still doesn't listen and even asked me to raise money for her to travel out of Nigeria.

I have never thought of raising my hands on any woman let alone my wife.....

Please how do I change her sudden mentality towards this sudden extravagant life style because I pray it doesn't lead to something else since I can't do illegal things to acquire the type of wealth she dreams of?
I am seeing or looking at things like streams and extremes...,etc... Cremes...? If I could see streams and extremes..., I would,should or could buy allure rims or "a lure & allure rims,etc; that ain't deem/seems deems or seemingly deeming...as I deem it fit... I should or would also buy air/hear and hair... cremes...? What of baby/"babe" cream creme or ice creams...?... In the interim or prelims... like the prelims and interim,etc; "muslim idiosyncrasies"... bearing Teslim...,who/whom doesn't...?... Mufu...

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

"I Was Shocked When I Got To My Husband's House The First Time" - Lady Reveals / I Am Suspecting My Wife Is Cheating. Should I Confront Her? / My Wife Complains That My Private Part Is Too Big & That I Stay Too Long, Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.