Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Don't Lower Your Standard Because You Want To Change Your Surname - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Lower Your Standard Because You Want To Change Your Surname (383 Views)

Bachelors, Will You Throw Tantrums If She Refuses To Adopt Your Surname And W... / Is There any sensible reason why women should bear your surname name ? / What's Your Take On Adding Dash To Your Surname (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Lower Your Standard Because You Want To Change Your Surname by StrenuousBlog(m): 11:36am On May 13, 2020
My sister was just going through some photos online. She stopped abruptly when she saw the picture of a beautiful woman, happily married to an old man.

She was irked by the ladies caption. "I am blessed, and so excited to have married the best husband on earth".

My sis scoffed at it, saying, " how can she be so audacious to call this old man, the best husband on earth"?

Without even looking at the photo, I simply asked her, does a husband have to be young to be considered good?

I went on, that man might just be the only person that makes her really happy, treats her well, love and care for her genuinely. And makes her feel like the Queen she is. She must have her reasons.

You see, some things are not just in black or white. Especially marriage. It is never this way or the high way.

This doesn't in anyway mean older men are the best. Far from it... But just because you can't see yourself getting hitched to someone older or younger than you, doesn't mean you should judge anyone who decides to.

If you do not appreciate a chubby lady, don't bother getting married to her. You might trample on her self esteem, in your bid to get her to your desired shape. It is a different ball game if she wasn't that way when you married her.

You do not admire a short man? Don't "pity" him by wearing his ring. You might end up comparing him with every male specie you come across.

Not everyone can start small with you. Some ladies do not see "potentials". Don't make her feel like she's doing you a favour by staying with you.

Look for that one that understands your vision. You like men that speak well? Wonderful. We are in this together sis. Look out for him. Don't get married, and start correcting him at every turn.

If you can't stand a successful woman, please do well to marry a woman that has her vision aligned with yours. Don't "go with the flow" because you like the "idea" of an independent woman.

You like them already prosperous before meeting you? Jesus still have rich children you know. Don't lower your standard because you want to change your surname.

You like to be spoilt, taken to expensive dinners, malls or vacations? Own it Sis. IT IS NOT A SIN. It doesn't reduce your annonting or glory. Through prosperity shall His kingdom be shared abroad, the scriptures says.

Let him know that. If he can afford it, great. If he can't, you both can work towards it. Don't pretend and tell yourself you want to be "wife material".
I mean, "wife materials" do not fake it. It's just who they are.

If you love a woman that will tow Sarah's path by calling you "Lord", and serve you food on her back. Great. Do not go about despising, or speaking ill about people that would playfully call their husbands big head, goat, fish or the likes.

One man's food is another man's poison
If you have a conviction to marry him when his only possession is his standing fan and foam. Don't let anyone deter you.

There's no written law on how much you should be earning before settling down. If there is, it was written by someone. And you know, we do not have the same experience.

No matter how many books, seminars, tutorials, articles etc you read on marriage. It would never be enough to guide you through it. But, there's a Spirit in man.

Source: [url=strenuousblog.com]strenuousblog[/url]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Don't Lower Your Standard Because You Want To Change Your Surname by Naija246: 11:39am On May 13, 2020
undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Don't Lower Your Standard Because You Want To Change Your Surname by MrSensor(m): 11:40am On May 13, 2020
So said a feminist.

1 Like

Re: Don't Lower Your Standard Because You Want To Change Your Surname by lammylam(f): 12:57pm On May 13, 2020
I love this

1 Like

Re: Don't Lower Your Standard Because You Want To Change Your Surname by Eyeness: 1:03pm On May 13, 2020
StrenuousBlog:
My sister was just going through some photos online. She stopped abruptly when she saw the picture of a beautiful woman, happily married to an old man.

She was irked by the ladies caption. "I am blessed, and so excited to have married the best husband on earth".

My sis scoffed at it, saying, " how can she be so audacious to call this old man, the best husband on earth"?

Without even looking at the photo, I simply asked her, does a husband have to be young to be considered good?

I went on, that man might just be the only person that makes her really happy, treats her well, love and care for her genuinely. And makes her feel like the Queen she is. She must have her reasons.

You see, some things are not just in black or white. Especially marriage. It is never this way or the high way.

This doesn't in anyway mean older men are the best. Far from it... But just because you can't see yourself getting hitched to someone older or younger than you, doesn't mean you should judge anyone who decides to.

If you do not appreciate a chubby lady, don't bother getting married to her. You might trample on her self esteem, in your bid to get her to your desired shape. It is a different ball game if she wasn't that way when you married her.

You do not admire a short man? Don't "pity" him by wearing his ring. You might end up comparing him with every male specie you come across.

Not everyone can start small with you. Some ladies do not see "potentials". Don't make her feel like she's doing you a favour by staying with you.

Look for that one that understands your vision. You like men that speak well? Wonderful. We are in this together sis. Look out for him. Don't get married, and start correcting him at every turn.

If you can't stand a successful woman, please do well to marry a woman that has her vision aligned with yours. Don't "go with the flow" because you like the "idea" of an independent woman.

You like them already prosperous before meeting you? Jesus still have rich children you know. Don't lower your standard because you want to change your surname.

You like to be spoilt, taken to expensive dinners, malls or vacations? Own it Sis. IT IS NOT A SIN. It doesn't reduce your annonting or glory. Through prosperity shall His kingdom be shared abroad, the scriptures says.

Let him know that. If he can afford it, great. If he can't, you both can work towards it. Don't pretend and tell yourself you want to be "wife material".

If you love a woman that will tow Sarah's path by calling you "Lord", and serve you food on her back. Great. Do not go about despising, or speaking ill about people that would playfully call their husbands big head, goat, fish or the likes.

If you have a conviction to marry him when his only possession is his standing fan and foam. Don't let anyone deter you.

There's no written law on how much you should be earning before settling down. If there is, it was written by someone. And you know, we do not have the same experience.

No matter how many books, seminars, tutorials, articles etc you read on marriage. It would never be enough to guide you through it. But, there's a Spirit in man.

this is a beautiful article.keep it up

1 Like

Re: Don't Lower Your Standard Because You Want To Change Your Surname by abagajnr93(m): 3:52pm On May 13, 2020
Thank you
StrenuousBlog:

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Should He Do? / Sister, There Is An Ideal Brother For You. (great Minds Only) / Nigerian Babes Are Cheap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.