Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,425 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student (69041 Views)

Ruth Yakadi: Lady Raped, Murdered & Dumped Near Bridge Is A UNIJOS Student / Jennifer Anthony: Missing UNIJOS Student Found Dead In Hotel, Eyes Plucked Out / #JusticeForRinji: Soldiers Shoot Rinji Peter Bala, UNIJOS Student Dead (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 13, 2020
Why are the army involved in law enforcement? What happened to the police? They've just wasted a young life for nothing

I hope the boy's parents sue their ass

2 Likes

Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by Okoroawusa: 10:07pm On May 13, 2020
Meanwhile person wey don die don die...

What kind of rubbish is this? We're they crawl or running for you to mistake them for escaping detainees? All these recruits soldiers wey dem dey leave for barracks gate...the day one of them slap me I see stars n them no dey hear "come"
Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by labelle123(f): 10:09pm On May 13, 2020
[quote author=adecz post=89518006]

This hairstyle & shaved, designed
eyebrows always makes you a suspect,!!

Young chaps & parents, advise your
youth, these are dangerous times under
the lifeless one!![/quote. Add volume I just hope they learn. Rip to the young man

1 Like

Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by airminem(f): 10:13pm On May 13, 2020
Lawless country sad
Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by Nelsonnwagbo(m): 10:17pm On May 13, 2020
This guy is my very good friend oh

RIP RINJI

Strt go miss u
Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by Uspic(m): 10:18pm On May 13, 2020
Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by Alaganature(m): 10:18pm On May 13, 2020
fergie006:
PRESS RELEASE FROM OPERATIONS SAFE HAVEN ON THE UNFORTUNATE DEATH OF CIVILIAN ON 12 MAY 2020

Operation SAFE HAVEN regrets the unfortunate death of a civilian by name Mr Rinji Peter Bala by its personnel.

At about 10 pm on 12 May 2020, information was received on the activities of suspected armed robbers and cultists operating around No 18th Street, Jos South LGA of Plateau State. The report revealed that the criminals took advantage of the lockdown and curfew to perpetrate crimes. Consequently, Sector 1 patrol troops of OPSH swiftly responded and arrested 7 suspects, which were immediately moved to the Headquarters Sector 1 for preliminary investigation.

Thereafter, 5 out of the 7 suspects were cleared and asked to leave the premises. Unfortunately, as they were leaving the premises, one of the personnel on sentry duty mistook them for escaping suspects. Thus opened fire on them, which led to the death of Mr Rinji Bala.

However, a thorough investigation is ongoing to unravel the circumstances surrounding the incident. Meanwhile, the MOPOL personnel involved in the incident has been arrested and detained accordingly.

Operation SAFE HAVEN has condemned the sad incident. A representative of OPSH has also visited the parents of the deceased to commiserate with them. OPSH also assures the general public of justice.

Ibrahim Shittu
Major
Media Officer, Operation SAFE HAVEN

https://m./1557928117769123?view=permalink&id=2706410416254215

After wasting this innocent boy... May his soul rest in peace
Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:19pm On May 13, 2020
No stupid investigation again. the oloriburuku MOPOL man don admit killing the boy.

that's the fact needed.

the next thing is to shoot him dead too.

pls, you people should not vex me this night ooh. that murder must not live to see tomorrow morning.

he should be killed immediately. angry
Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by oruma19: 10:19pm On May 13, 2020
Suspected they were escaping? Abeg make una talk another lie, diswan no join. U suspected the five were escaping and u killed only one? Heartless liars and killers
Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by cloud(m): 10:20pm On May 13, 2020
EzeNdiAra:
Jihadist soldiers killings Christians for no reason.

Southern Kaduna have been under attack since yesterday but the media have abandoned them after reporting several time without govt doing anything.

This government is a Jihadist Government.

Read well, he was killed by a mopol, not a soldier. However he was part of operation safe haven. In as much as I cannot justify the killing of innocent civilians, it thus pays to always look decent to avoid been mistaken for a cultist or a yahoo boy. Very unfortunate incident, rest in peace young one
Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by EzeNdiAra: 10:25pm On May 13, 2020
cloud:

[s]Read well, he was killed by a mopol, not a soldier. However he was part of operation safe haven. In as much as I cannot justify the killing of innocent civilians, it thus pays to always look decent to avoid been mistaken for a cultist or a yahoo boy. Very unfortunate incident, rest in peace young one[/s]

1 Like

Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by shaw2(m): 10:25pm On May 13, 2020
Sins of the forefathers
One Nigeria
Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by Mexyz(m): 10:25pm On May 13, 2020
Those that know should help my ignorance..
Can a MOPOL be on sentry duty post in a military facility?
Abi the place is housing both MOPOL and Soldiers?

1 Like

Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by kogiguy(m): 10:26pm On May 13, 2020
EzeNdiAra:

Southern Kaduna have been under attack since yesterday but the media have abandoned them after reporting several time without govt doing anything.

picture of Nigerian police
This is not Nigerian police force.
Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by Liliantalks: 10:26pm On May 13, 2020
Blitz4real:
Imagine that,make person no kill me apologize to my parent ooo
God4bid
Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by friendl: 10:26pm On May 13, 2020
Sad
Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 13, 2020
In other countries, you do not open fire unless suspect is armed and shoots first.

1 Like

Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by jahbiz: 10:30pm On May 13, 2020
A trained uniform man opened fire on unarmed young civilian for any reason?

This country is a joke, so many things are wrong

1 Like

Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by Blitz4real(m): 10:31pm On May 13, 2020
Oladayo12:
I swear down bro, that wont be our portion
Amen boss and u too
Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by Blitz4real(m): 10:32pm On May 13, 2020
Liliantalks:
God4bid
Thanks boss and u too
Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by PissedOffWeed(m): 10:34pm On May 13, 2020
Please dear ones...vote for my Sister

https://www./1112846675750766/permalink/1137433109958789/
Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by zeelux97(m): 10:35pm On May 13, 2020
God knows i cant wait to leave this shithole, we live in an excuse of a country i swear
the cover-up story sef nor gel at all

1 Like

Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by Nobody: 10:36pm On May 13, 2020
EzeNdiAra:

look at this one must every turn religious bigotry to you
My friend died thesame way in the hands of sector 2 of the same task force stationed in JOS new stadium complex
He was told to go after he was found not guilty
Upon reaching the gate the personnel on duty mistook him for an escaping suspect and opened fire though bullet didn’t hit him an upcoming vehicle hit him and that’s how i lost a baller of a friend. Only when you live in Jos that you’ll know the number of young men these soldiers have killed irrespective of religion and tribe from Angwan Rogo to Angwan Rukuba to ring road tudun wada and so many places

1 Like

Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by EzeNdiAra: 10:38pm On May 13, 2020
you4me:
[s]look at this one must every turn religious bigotry to you
My friend died thesame way in the hands of sector 2 of the same task force stationed in JOS new stadium complex
He was told to go after he was found not guilty
Upon reaching the gate the personnel on duty mistook him for an escaping suspect and opened fire though bullet didn’t hit him an upcoming vehicle hit him and that’s how i lost a baller of a friend. Only when you live in Jos that you’ll know the number of young men these soldiers have killed irrespective of religion and tribe from Angwan Rogo to Angwan Rukuba to ring road tudun wada and so many places[/s]
Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by TruthHurts100: 10:39pm On May 13, 2020
Thereafter, 5 out of the 7 suspects were cleared and asked to leave the premises. Unfortunately, as they were leaving the premises, one of the personnel on sentry duty mistook them for escaping suspects. Thus opened fire on them, which led to the death of Mr Rinji Bala.

Only a fool will believe this.

1 Like

Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 13, 2020
It was a mobile Police that shot the boy... Can't you read?
Nigeriabiafra80:
Think
If that guy is you,
What a tragedy
Nigeria army
Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by Benwallt(m): 10:40pm On May 13, 2020
[quote author=bigiyaro post=89514522][/quote] distasteful
Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by Ghostmode2two(m): 10:44pm On May 13, 2020
Why is the army apologising for the death caused by a MOPOL. Is MOPOL now army? This news sha.
Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by Akanoaaa(m): 10:45pm On May 13, 2020
This thing na lie jor. Why dem tie him hand if wetin dem dey talk is true? Dey don cover that one too
Re: Rinji Peter Bala: Army Apologises, Admits Killing 20-year-old UNIJOS Student by Switch07(m): 10:45pm On May 13, 2020
adecz:

This hairstyle & shaved, designed
eyebrows always makes you a suspect,!!

Young chaps & parents, advise your
youth, these are dangerous times under
the lifeless one!!

Some one cannot look good again he was just unfortunate to be born in this part of the world looking good is good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Who Went To Enugu Hotel With Her Lover Dies (Graphic Photos) / Man Dragged Out Of His Car & Shot Dead In Anambra (Disturbing Video) / Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.