Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion (56815 Views)

Akwa Ibom Coconut Oil Factory To Commence Operation Tomorrow (Pictures) / Ibom Coconut Refinery Taking Shape… Photos / Imota Rice Mill Nears Completion, Set To Be The Third Largest In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by rollingrocks: 8:52pm On May 14, 2020
SIONKPO1:

one man food is another man's poison
you praise ibom air but me I give it a knock
You don't expect any government to do things as you wishes it should be done

But there is a sum total point which in my assessment is poor. I praised ibom Air because i felt it was the only way that Uyo air route can be developed, a step to putting to use that wasting MRO. Secondly I know how many times one has been at the mercy of private airlines who just decide not to fly, not because there no passengers but because they are business people and they don't just share the visionby making sacrifices. Before the Uyo Airport,the Calabar airport was mostly patronized by akwa ibomites, not even cross riverians. The Uyo airport was a no brainer, but some people kicked against it but history is the judge (thank God it wasn't abandoned). Today you cant compare the passenger traffic at Uyo to calabar airport. We have to continue to hold government accountable at all times, its public money and not their personal money.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by TeetoEsq(m): 9:29pm On May 14, 2020
Yak ikwak ubok ino governor nyin ke enye anam aboho....
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 9:48pm On May 14, 2020
SIONKPO1:

What is really paining you,Rome wasn't built in a day
You complain without proffering solutions
Oga,go and buy form and contest for elections please I will joyfully support you
Enu o se o
Ariwo ko ni music ooo
God bless you, tell am
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 9:50pm On May 14, 2020
SIONKPO1:

that's what people don't know,I currently resides in abj,omo na hard life ooooohhhhhh
Naso bro
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by na2016: 9:52pm On May 14, 2020
Hunchogee:

Ooh wait is that what you do; fight good news hmmm
You don jam rock be that

Da owo get out. Go and find a job and stop this sycophancy!
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by inyenejo(m): 10:36pm On May 14, 2020
I like the name St. Gabriel refinery, good !

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Nwaonyishi69: 11:37pm On May 14, 2020
SIONKPO1:

Someone shared it to you on this platform,stop behaving like you did cause its bad
Bros, to be convinced, I went searching again. But, what I saw, in pictures, were a nursery farm, some five or six stands of coconut trees, an emir, some two tractors, a palm plantation behind and cleared space of less than an acre. What is wrong with the African brain? Was it not the plantations that should take of first? If you have wide plantations, people will make money even without a refinery. But, the zeal to siphon money meant that you built a White elephant refinery even before plantations. I am rather embarrassed by how we handle public resources; we always go for wastes and looting. Is this due to poor brain of Africans or the people in the corridors of power, drunkenness, poor morals or being drug addicts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 1:56am On May 15, 2020
simeotexy:
say dat udom is creating job opportunities dat doesn't mean that akwa Ibom people are not working...na idle man dey clean cos u can't borst a state in Nigeria as clean as akwa Ibom nd 90% of investment in akwa Ibom is owned by akwa ibomites
You're right bro
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by delvzy(m): 2:01am On May 15, 2020
I do feel more of these should be worked out by any sensible state govt.

Identify what and what you can leave on besides revenue from crude oil.
Each state needs to discover that long lost resource that would be a thing of pride for them.

This is a kickoff we do also need a maintenance stricture for this.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 2:02am On May 15, 2020
rollingrocks:

God has already blessed Akwa Ibom but He will never bless irresponsible leaders. Continue your sychophantic job instead of telling them the TRUTH. God will bless leaders like Rwandan president,Nelson Mandela, the Dubai visionary, Le Kwan Yu etc and certainty not irresponsible Akpabio ,Udom and their cohorts who see governance as an opportunity to steal public funds, buy properties in countries where responsible leaders have built, become overnight philanthropists, send their children abroad while leaving the populace uneducated with slogans like free education, etc. How many of their kids are attending any school in Akwa Ibom, im not even talking about public schools ooo. Please shift.
Baba you wouldn't expect a state government to achieve all this under a country that is already backward. Do you know that state don't even control the electricity the generate to the national grid? Do you know a state can't just wakeup to build a seaport without several trees of approval from the federal government. Nigeria system can't make a willing state achieve dubai status ok
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 2:04am On May 15, 2020
rollingrocks:

Primary schools built by Akpabio are still in good shape--- Another lie from the pit of hell, are you talking about the empty classroom buildings or well well equipped school?, please stop deceiving yourself

How has Nigeria benefited from scholarships -- A very sad one from you, Let me enlighten you, Citizens never come back because first of all those scholarships were designed for their family members and cronies to go enjoy abroad and never come back. Secondly what responsible leaders do is that if there is really a need for a foreign scholarship(mark my words, a need for foreign scholarships), as part of the terms of the scholarship, the govt signs MOUs with the foreign universities involved so that when those beneficiaries finish their original certificates are sent back to their sponsors who will decide on how to benefit from the knowledge gained, e.g. send them to teach in local universities, work in the ministries, for a period maybe 7 years,5 years, etc before their original certificates are given to them for them to work anywhere they like having given back to the system that they benefited from. Within a period of 20 years you don't need to send anybody abroad for anything because you must have built enough local capacity But since we have irresponsible leaders its an avenue for settlement.

Tourism can come later, Ibom is not a tourism rich state ---- I honestly wept for this statement of yours, It is either you are totally an ignorant fellow or you are outright mischievous. First of all, as we speak all our Historical tourist sites are being overtaken by forests and are collapsing, at the verge of being lost FOREVER, and you make such sacrilegious statement!!!!!!! The ones that are natural like the Ibeno beach is TOTALLY neglected. This is the reason I said Udom's commissioner's are a bunch of lazy heads who cannot identify the goldmines that are right under their feet!!!!!! Tell me the state you consider as being very tourism rich, Obudu, Kwa falls has been bubbling it was managed by responsible leaders (the british), guess what, when they left it crumbled, it was only Donald Duke (a responsible leader) that turned it back into a goldmine, but since he left irresponsible leaders who cannot see beyond their noses took over the place has now become derelict. I wept when I visited Kwa falls last year.

Irresponsible leaders everywhere, is it your president who has been in the saddle for 5 years yet could not provide himself a hospital where he can get medical help but was rather comfortable spending public funds jetting out at the slightest headache? He too will tell you govt is easy, right?

Now what have i done for my country, you can't imagine it but you know what, your irresponsible leaders have made a mess of it just the same way they have done to the efforts for millions of Nigerians, They are the ones destroying the lives of Nigerian citizens, left , right and center with inept governance.

When responsible leaders emerge we all know them, Dora Akunyili was one, Donald Duke another, to some extent, Babtunde Fashola, Obong Victor Attah, Peter Obi to mention a few.

I gree with you on ibeno beach, it's been neglected
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 2:07am On May 15, 2020
rollingrocks:

Please don't be a political praise singer, and it will be well with all of us grin grin grin grin grin. I commend when its necessary, go and check my post, I praised him for Ibom Air, I'm just pointing out areas he can improve on if he is sincere, we cannot all be governors but we can point out areas where things can improve. I have absolutely nothing personal against him or any other irresponsible leader.
You have nothing against him, but you keep calling him irresponsible
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 2:08am On May 15, 2020
SIONKPO1:

one man food is another man's poison
you praise ibom air but me I give it a knock
You don't expect any government to do things as you wishes it should be done
You're right bro
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 2:10am On May 15, 2020
rollingrocks:

But there is a sum total point which in my assessment is poor. I praised ibom Air because i felt it was the only way that Uyo air route can be developed, a step to putting to use that wasting MRO. Secondly I know how many times one has been at the mercy of private airlines who just decide not to fly, not because there no passengers but because they are business people and they don't just share the visionby making sacrifices. Before the Uyo Airport,the Calabar airport was mostly patronized by akwa ibomites, not even cross riverians. The Uyo airport was a no brainer, but some people kicked against it but history is the judge (thank God it wasn't abandoned). Today you cant compare the passenger traffic at Uyo to calabar airport. We have to continue to hold government accountable at all times, its public money and not their personal money.
Nice points tho
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 2:11am On May 15, 2020
TeetoEsq:
Yak ikwak ubok ino governor nyin ke enye anam aboho....

Lol
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 2:12am On May 15, 2020
na2016:

Da owo get out. Go and find a job and stop this sycophancy!
You're funny bro, stop hating mbok
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 2:12am On May 15, 2020
inyenejo:
I like the name St. Gabriel refinery, good !
Is a private investment (ppp)
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 2:16am On May 15, 2020
Nwaonyishi69:
Bros, to be convinced, I went searching again. But, what I saw, in pictures, were a nursery farm, some five or six stands of coconut trees, an emir, some two tractors, a palm plantation behind and cleared space of less than an acre. What is wrong with the African brain? Was it not the plantations that should take of first? If you have wide plantations, people will make money even without a refinery. But, the zeal to siphon money meant that you built a White elephant refinery even before plantations. I am rather embarrassed by how we handle public resources; we always go for wastes and looting. Is this due to poor brain of Africans or the people in the corridors of power, drunkenness, poor morals or being drug addicts.
Reread the article again pls and stop making nuisance of yourself , the plantation picture came later when a doubter like you said he was not sure of plantation existence. You can't get a full coverage of 11000 acres of land in one pix . And finally if you read back the article in summary other state will also supply st Gabriel refinery with coconut too. Pls I hope this help ok
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 2:17am On May 15, 2020
delvzy:
I do feel more of these should be worked out by any sensible state govt.

Identify what and what you can leave on besides revenue from crude oil.
Each state needs to discover that long lost resource that would be a thing of pride for them.

This is a kickoff we do also need a maintenance stricture for this.
That's why I commend this project
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by tuskers: 8:29am On May 15, 2020
Nwaonyishi69:

God bless you, almost all coconut planted at the plantation are with yellowish or dead already, I strongly doubt if proper soil analysis was carried out before embarking on cultivation.
God help Akwa Ibom
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by delvzy(m): 8:32am On May 15, 2020
Hunchogee:

That's why I commend this project

Truly I must say this is commendable but I do feel other things need to be added like distribution channels, road network ,employments and also development of the state.
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 10:33am On May 15, 2020
tuskers:

God bless you, almost all coconut planted at the plantation are with yellowish or dead already, I strongly doubt if proper soil analysis was carried out before embarking on cultivation.
God help Akwa Ibom
Please visit those site and if your not in the state pls stop saying thing off your head ok
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 10:34am On May 15, 2020
delvzy:

Truly I must say this is commendable but I do feel other things need to be added like distribution channels, road network ,employments and also development of the state.
Please reread it again you will see that it was captured
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Savie(m): 11:03am On May 15, 2020
If you are emotionally attach to your Tribe and Political party leaning to the point that truth and justice become secondary considerations to you, your education is useless, your exposure is also useless. If you can't think beyond petty sentiments, you're a disgrace to mankind. Inasmuch as am a core APC and a fan of Akpabio, i strongly commend Governor Udom Emmanuel for this project. He's truly working. Once the Ibom Deep Seaport commence operation and international oil companies relocate to the 21 storey building in Uyo, there won't be a damn doubt of Akwa Ibom becoming the NUMBER 1 state in Nigeria surpassing Lagos. Kudos to the governor.!

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 11:11am On May 15, 2020
Savie:
If you are emotionally attach to your Tribe and Political party leaning to the point that truth and justice become secondary considerations to you, your education is useless, your exposure is also useless. If you can't think beyond petty sentiments, you're a disgrace to mankind. Inasmuch as am a core APC and a fan of Akpabio, i strongly commend Governor Udom Emmanuel for this project. He's truly working. Once the Ibom Deep Seaport commence operation and international oil companies relocate to the 21 storey building in Uyo, there won't be a damn doubt of Akwa Ibom becoming the NUMBER 1 state in Nigeria surpassing Lagos. Kudos to the governor.!
May the good Lord bless you, amen

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by mayhon(m): 11:19am On May 15, 2020
ImpregnaTor:
meanwhile nothing like industrialisation is happening yet in my state

thunder fire all the past and present Governorns

guess which state, one sachet indomie

Kogi State
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Phinawhite: 11:41am On May 15, 2020
Have you Heard about it? The TOG app! An online platform with the sole aim of providing Tractor services for farmers across the country.
How does it work? Download the app via google play station or App store and you too can join the lifestyle family. It is simple and it is affordable.
Visit www.tog.ng to download yours or call us on 08106077777 for more info

1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 11:43am On May 15, 2020
mayhon:

Kogi State
You can vote in good leaders
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by YungLasaint(m): 11:50am On May 15, 2020
Hunchogee:

Are you ok at all, how will you expect udom to build factories in all 31 local governments at the same time. You sure you well?
why won't I be okay? We don't expect him to build in all the 31 local government at the same time man...
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Nwaonyishi69: 12:55pm On May 15, 2020
Hunchogee:

Reread the article again pls and stop making nuisance of yourself , the plantation picture came later when a doubter like you said he was not sure of plantation existence. You can't get a full coverage of 11000 acres of land in one pix . And finally if you read back the article in summary other state will also supply st Gabriel refinery with coconut too. Pls I hope this help ok
Sorry, I am not convinced.
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 2:16pm On May 15, 2020
Nwaonyishi69:
Sorry, I am not convinced.
Is ok, you're entitled to your opinion
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 2:17pm On May 15, 2020
YungLasaint:
why won't I be okay? We don't expect him to build in all the 31 local government at the same time man...
Guy he is better than some governors ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

5 Hidden Secrets Of Making Money From Yam Business Exposed. / Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa / My Friend Was Coming From The Farm And Killed This Snake This Morning (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.