Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,693 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? (75766 Views)

Abiama: An Aro Innovation Or An Ancient Pre-Aro Igbo Name for God? / BongoMusic.NG ( Download any Igbo Music) on bongomusic.ng / Who Knows Any Yoruba Name That Starts With ''Q''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Awaja(m): 2:14pm On May 15, 2020
Pararachaa
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by ReachRich(m): 2:14pm On May 15, 2020
Am just wondering what the OP wants to do with an Igbo name that starts with d letter P. OP pls come & tell us what unwant to do with the name wen u eventually see one
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by nedekid: 2:14pm On May 15, 2020
JBoss25:
that name starts with a K, kunle
Lol.
I know. Just kidding grin
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 15, 2020
Pigs

Plat Heads

Pisraelites

P-developers

Porous Mouths

P-chest beaters

P-drug dealers

P-Yamful legs

P-Igbos
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Kennydoc(m): 2:16pm On May 15, 2020
sissyevy:

Thanks for this....
but remove k from the list of alphabets that doesn’t begin an Igbo wordor name
Kelechi, kosiso, kanayo, kachi are popular Igbo names starting with k

Oh, you're right. Hahaha.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by salt1: 2:16pm On May 15, 2020
frozen70:

The letter P is silent in Igbo alphabets but you will see more of KP as OKPARA, OKPOPUTARA and the rest

Not true. There is pata, puo, pia, perempe etc
There's p in Igbo

3 Likes

Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Oxtertee(m): 2:17pm On May 15, 2020
atiku4President:
You are a liar. What of Perikoma
Perikoma sounds more of Ijaw #bayelsa
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by piphat(m): 2:18pm On May 15, 2020
ecolime:
Puruchukwu

It's sopuruchukwu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Meizu: 2:19pm On May 15, 2020
Pulife is good to go
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Kylekent59: 2:21pm On May 15, 2020
Philomena.

I know an igbo woman they call philo, Aunty phill
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by therajah: 2:21pm On May 15, 2020
Pikin!
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 15, 2020
grin grin
Fuckkthemod:
Punaventure

Lol
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Lilyexcel(f): 2:21pm On May 15, 2020
VickyRotex:

This thread though grin

I'm not igbo but I'm 95% sure there's none that starts with "P".
I dont think there's "P" in the igbo alphabet.

There's "P" in Igbo alphabet (we have words like puta- come out, puo-go out, hapu-leave it, etc.) but for some supernatural reasons, you'll hardly see any Igbo name that starts with P

1 Like

Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Tesmarh: 2:21pm On May 15, 2020
Philomena
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by gibsonwales(m): 2:21pm On May 15, 2020
Kingxiee:
My friend has been battling with skin rashes for days now. I don't know if this reaction is caused by cream or allergies..
Can anyone explain, please.

I had same issue years ago, around my chest. I visited my family doctor and I was injected on my ass and given some drugs to use, chikena ! It disappeared within a week.

Causes of red spots on the skin;

Bacterial Infections
Bleeding Disorders
Fungal Infections
Hemangioma
Medications
Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
Viral Infections
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by mufutau55(m): 2:22pm On May 15, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Non. What about Yoruba's name that starts with C?

No C in Yoruba alphabets.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by apexc3087: 2:22pm On May 15, 2020
[color=#] 3204433[/color]
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Manufor(m): 2:22pm On May 15, 2020
Pericoma
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Surulereman(m): 2:23pm On May 15, 2020
Prof Pita Ejiofor
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by sisisioge: 2:24pm On May 15, 2020
FortuneDeGreat:
Don't say what you don't know. P is part of Igbo alphabet.

Sorry...chai....my bad.
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by jiggalo(m): 2:26pm On May 15, 2020
Pasarachi, meaing... place it to God
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Lugard89: 2:26pm On May 15, 2020
Paricoma
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Goldenheart(m): 2:27pm On May 15, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Non. What about Yoruba's name that starts with C?

No C in Yoruba alphabet..
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Lilyexcel(f): 2:27pm On May 15, 2020
"Palunna - lift God ‘up’.

Puoluchiome - a new dawn/beginning in God.

Panyechiekene or Pachi for short. Give God thanks.

Paludo- be full of peace. Soludo would be, in the footsteps of peace.

Paosisochukwu - some Enugu dialects say ‘pa’ instead of ‘ka’. As it pleases God.

Many Igbo names start with Igbo verbs and not too many Igbo verbs start with P. So it’s going to be a tough one."

As compiled by bigfrancis21 sometime in November 2019

1 Like

Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Rajosh(m): 2:28pm On May 15, 2020
MahatmaGhandi:
You can as well tell me a Yoruba name that starts with z and one hausa name that starts with V
Hausa has no V in their alphabets
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Sixfeetbelle: 2:29pm On May 15, 2020
kpakpankolo:

it is hard to see any Igbo name to start with P because P is (mgbochiume) most of Igbo names start with (udaume and nyiri-udaume)

This assertion isn't exactly true though. There's no reason why igbo names don't start with P except that people haven't found/created one that did. Names that start with consonants are quite popular nowadays.
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Taeewo(m): 2:29pm On May 15, 2020
Peterside Dakuku
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by gibsonwales(m): 2:30pm On May 15, 2020
Goldenheart:

No C in Yoruba alphabet..
There is, Celifat grin
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Goldenheart(m): 2:31pm On May 15, 2020
gibsonwales:

There is, Celifat grin

All Cee It's replaced by "S" grin

Words that's sounds like Ca as in Caligraph is replaced with "K"
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Onyedikachi323(m): 2:32pm On May 15, 2020
Patrick and paschal.
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by novexme(m): 2:34pm On May 15, 2020
Pius dey na
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Okiibe(m): 2:35pm On May 15, 2020
izzou:

What is the meaning of Perikoma? grin

Or you just want to be funny tonight?

I have to say this:
This thread belongs to comedy section.
It is so, in order not to make joke of The Igbo Language

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) / Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video / Emmanuella Ropo "I Am Not Ooni Ogunwusi's New Wife"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.