Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund (35317 Views)

FG To Sell Three Presidential Jets / Lawmakers Budget Fresh N30 Billion For National Assembly Renovation / Top 10 Presidential Jets Of African Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Nobody: 9:17am On May 15, 2020
vedaxcool:
Sorry use your advice and help save your ailing companies that keep sacking workers. PMB has not sack a single Federal Worker despite the challenges. This foolish advice should have been reserved for yourself pre elections when you squandered your resources in the hope that you can sell NNPC and reinvigorate your purse.

The fact that you compared private business to the fg that is running an oversized civil service on oil money is a , makes you a joker

Have you not read how large companies globally are facing challenges and downsizing?

And as for the NNPC it has not produced one drop of fuel in months and continues to drain the country dry

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Okoroawusa: 9:17am On May 15, 2020
Why every time Atiku opens his mouth it's"sell,sell,sell"?

Na God save us o!
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Okoroawusa: 9:19am On May 15, 2020
mtinfx:

The fact that you compared private business to the fg that is running an oversized civil service on oil money is a , makes you a joker

Have you not read how large companies globally are facing challenges and downsizing?

And as for the NNPC it has not produced one drop of fuel in months and continues to drain the country dry
Bros na from the smell of mess we dey take know how shit go be
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Angelfrost(m): 9:19am On May 15, 2020
Wiifesnatcher:
A man that grounded Nigeria power sector with his fellow idiotic Boss have no audacity to educate a world class illiterate

you foolish politicians are all the same. God punish all Nigeria present politicians, you will not know peace in your lifetime with the way you wasted this country resources

Thunder fire Atiku Hypocrisy there. foolish man

You are derailing this thread with your pointless personal grievances and bias... Please, address the issues raised.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Urchman200: 9:19am On May 15, 2020
JAOS:
the way this man is sounding i think if he was the president he would have given this country as a loan to global market
what is different with the one there? Has he not use this country as collateral to borrow from different countries in the world?the different Is that sentiment has blinded ur eye to see the truth, what u think Atiku would have done to Nigeria economy is exactly what Buhari is doing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Fragility6: 9:19am On May 15, 2020
Proudlyngwa:

Useless Atiku
The presidential jets are not property of Buhari or APC, they are Nigeria's Property, selling it will require the input of a a lot of variables, moreover how much will it generate if sold and how much will the meagre money be used to achieve.
As for the National assembly that one should be scrapped, they are useless as Atiku so I concur to that one.

Reduce the budget, honestly does Atiku know what he is talking about, if he had said, non essential items in the budget should be eliminated. I understand, but reduce noway.
We need serious and fast upgrade on our health system.
We need to make a 300 percent and upward investment in our agricultural sector, improve our mining, IT , Security, waterways, manufacturing, and Education.

We can't close shop because of CORONAVIRUS, when the world opens we will be seriously left behind.
What we need is Good loans, and judicious use of those loans , not reducing budget.
see who dem carry 4 9months. ur master borrowed 3.5billion euros weeks back,what has he used it for? No giv me d corona crap.WHO gave dem money,Donations were made from billionaires n other institutions so wats ur excuse. Dey increased VAT,added stamp duty 2 banks transactions, paying a fee 4 ur own 500k u want 2 deposit,closed borders saying u want local production 2 increase yet u say economy is down...All diz buhari supporters eh dem suppose beat una beta beat 4 real life bt una no fit talk all dix nonsense 4 life.Cum warri cum yan wetin u dey talk so weda dem no go deform u wit beat.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Nobody: 9:20am On May 15, 2020
Wiifesnatcher:
A man that grounded Nigeria power sector with his fellow idiotic Boss have no audacity to educate a world class illiterate

you foolish politicians are all the same. God punish all Nigeria present politicians, you will not know peace in your lifetime with the way you wasted this country resources

Thunder fire Atiku Hypocrisy there. foolish man

They paid for turbines but did not run power transmission lines. Jonathan paid for the transmission lines. If we still have darkness, it's because someone refuses to switch on the power, so that he can continue blaming his predecessors. Meanwhile, he has not added anything to the power generation capacity.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by vedaxcool(m): 9:20am On May 15, 2020
[s]
mtinfx:

[/s]

Shhh! Read the post slowly, if he cannot reflect his foolish advice in his business dealings then he should just shut the hell up. If you cannot get that then also shut the hell up. Many companies are not sacking anyone, but finding innovative ways to keep them being paid.
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by rlcanon: 9:21am On May 15, 2020
MY PRAYER TODAY AND INFINITE TO THOSE OF TAKING A SWIPE AT ATIKU'S GLORIOUS STATEMENTS TO THIS COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA,IS THAT ALL OF SHALL NOT GET YOUR FREEDOM FROM THE SATANS RULING YOU.SORRY IS YOUR NAMES.THIS PRESENT GOVERNMENT IS MOST CORRUPT ENTITY IN THE WHOLE WORLD.IF,I MAY ASK YOU THE DUMB HEADS,HOW MANY OF YOU THAT YOUR INGLORIOUS CHILDREN HAVE BEEN FED WITH THESE ABACHA LOOTS WHILE STAYING AT HOME BECAUSE OF THIS GLOBAL COVID 19 PANDEMIC?

STARK ILLITERATES,FOOLS,ZOOBIES,BEAST OF NO NATION SHALL CONTINUE TO PRENTENDS THAT ALL IS WELL,WHERE AS,MOST OF YOU CONDEMING THAT TRUTH ON VISION OF PARTY LINE.WHERE WAS THESE POLITICAL PARTIES PDP,APC,APGA E.T.C?

IN SUMMARY,YOU ARE ALL FOOLS WITHOUT VISIONS.

IF E PAIN U,JUMP INTO D LAGOON BECAUSE OF ATIKU'S VISIONARY CALL.

BASTARDS BASTARDS BASTARDS BASTARDS

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by colestephan86: 9:21am On May 15, 2020
Crownbefitsme:

https://punchng.com/sell-presidential-jets-cancel-n27bn-national-assembly-renovation-fund-atiku/
How old are the planes they should sell?
Which country wants to buy planes @ this time?
How much will be generated from selling those over 10 years old planes?
Its senseless to sell the planes, cos no country will buy it at what they expect to sell.
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by chloedogie(m): 9:22am On May 15, 2020
HeadNigga:
Atiku has valid points. This is how u should play opposition. Don't just criticize, profer solutions. I personally endorse that the 27billion budgeted for renovating the national Assembly complex be scrapped

Two things I tell people.

1. Democracy is extremely expensive.

2. Democracy is a big scam and investment.

What most of us don't know is that any government elected into the office must do the bidding of those that brought her into the system. There were a lot of stakeholders during the general elections and government must please them.

That said. Who will buy the jets? When 95% of all the airplanes in the world are grounded. Boeing and Airbus(two largest airplanes manufacturers) were saying they fear there won't be any order for new planes in the next 3-4 years only spare parts will be ordered for all but no thanks to the Covid-19 Pandemic.

There is no reasonable government that toil or joke with the legislative arm. Even in the western regions they are the real cabals. See what the Bukola Saraki led senate did to Buhari in his first term. We are just deceiving ourselves. Bro, that 27 billion for the renovation will be passed and signed and they will steal 25 billion inside and use the remaining 2 billion for face lift. Our main problem is not Buhari but a lot of termites with him too inclusive.
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Flier: 9:22am On May 15, 2020
Martinola:
Well said
I really do not like this man, but there is sense in what he said.
Those little money can not help us Atiku is just playing us
We lost about 30$ on each barrel of oil and this man is now talking about selling private jet and cancel 27 billion renovation fund,how is that little change going to cover the large amount of money lost due to low oil price
Maybe he need to read about how the Saudis are dealing with their own dwindled revenue
We need to be very careful of him,he would sell Nigeria if he is allowed to get into power
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Okoroawusa: 9:23am On May 15, 2020
Angelfrost:
"...billions budgeted for the travels and feeding of the President and Vice President"

The above actually made me very very sad!!!... Where is the conscience and integrity of this administration??! On what basis do they keep chanting "Change" and "Next Level"??!...
The word is "budgeted". It's not a cash at hand. If they don't see the money or the president doesn't get to go anywhere then no money is spent.
Atiku was VP for 8 years he knows how budgets work. Don't let him deceive you
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Okoroawusa: 9:26am On May 15, 2020
Noel19:

In Nigeria today, the way our political structure is constituted it will be very difficult to entirely do-away with these set of rogue politicians and thus, “We are caught between the devil and the deep blue sea.

With the other politicians that are vying for presidency come 2023, Atiku betters them all.

He has the intellect, knowledge and experience and to add to it, he's not an ethnic or religious bigot like Buhari.
Chai!... when were you born?
Answer that so that I can ask you the next question
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by m140(m): 9:27am On May 15, 2020
nony43:
I am not an Atiku fan, but he is making sense, Buhari was saying he will sell off some Presidential jets when he becomes president till today he is yet to sell one. Sell the Damn jets and fund the budget, but oga is bent on borrow borrow, Those Jets plus Abacha loot are enough to fund the budget let's not even mention revenues coming from IGR, Customs etc
Go check budgets around the developed countries with even low population, Nigeria no dey revenue anything ooo

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by m140(m): 9:28am On May 15, 2020
thesicilian:
They give good advices when they're in the opposition camp. But once you allow them into power they'll do a million times worse.
Sigh!!!

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:28am On May 15, 2020
Fragility6:

see who dem carry 4 9months. ur master borrowed 3.5billion euros weeks back,what has he used it for? No giv me d corona crap.WHO gave dem money,Donations were made from billionaires n other institutions so wats ur excuse. Dey increased VAT,added stamp duty 2 banks transactions, paying a fee 4 ur own 500k u want 2 deposit,closed borders saying u want local production 2 increase yet u say economy is down...All diz buhari supporters eh dem suppose beat una beta beat 4 real life bt una no fit talk all dix nonsense 4 life.Cum warri cum yan wetin u dey talk so weda dem no go deform u wit beat.

If I insult you, you might commit suicide.
As you don't have common sense and respect, I don't expect anything better from you.

What do you think is 3.5 billion euros, what meaningful infrastructure do you think it can put on ground.
Do you think 3.5 billion euros is enough for longterm mechanised agricultural in investment in one State of this country.
Seed Science lab
Seed engineering lab.
Industrial greenhouse
200 tractors
Tractor maintenance training institute
Irrigation
Storage
Processing.
R and D.
Training

Stay there and be saying 3.5 billion euros, instead of thinking how can we use this amount judiciously for long term benefit.

Mu²
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Okoroawusa: 9:29am On May 15, 2020
Xisnin:
Only one of the pieces of advice is practical.
No one will buy the jets in this present time.

But we can do away with renovating the national assembly.
Is there any renovation work going on at the national assembly right now?

Abeg make Atiku go siddon
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Flier: 9:29am On May 15, 2020
Noel19:

In Nigeria today, the way our political structure is constituted it will be very difficult to entirely do-away with these set of rogue politicians and thus, “We are caught between the devil and the deep blue sea.

With the other politicians that are vying for presidency come 2023, Atiku betters them all.

He has the intellect, knowledge and experience and to add to it, he's not an ethnic or religious bigot like Buhari.
He is playing us,what he said does not make any sense,it can not cover 2% of the lost revenue
The man just love selling things,or what is the benefit of everything he sold to his friends when he was in power.
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by id2019(m): 9:29am On May 15, 2020
JAOS:
the way this man is sounding i think if he was the president he would have given this country as a loan to global market
U no just get sense

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Noel19: 9:30am On May 15, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Chai!... when were you born?
Answer that so that I can ask you the next question
Before spewing rubbish answer this question;

Tinubu, Hell-Rufai and Atiku who is a better option?

Be realistic!

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Urchman200: 9:30am On May 15, 2020
thesicilian:
They give good advices when they're in the opposition camp. But once you allow them into power they'll do a million times worse.
u would have allowed him to try his own just the same way we all allowed Buhari to see if their will be from what we have as president, repeating Buhari for second time is stupidity, if u are among those that supported Buhari to govern u for the second time u are is not suppose to us how bad Atiku is pls.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by babalolato: 9:31am On May 15, 2020
Anybody that sees the way Atiku is talking now with say he has been proffering solution therefefore let give him chance. It is pretty easy to talk like this,but let them get their all this,they will not be able to implement.

Am totally tired of leaders we have in Nigeria,they can cajole Nigerians and kure them in believes of having conceptual strategic economic planning which in ordinary sense,the implementation are fows. Why didn't he leaves his workers sacked and sells some of his official cars to salvage them till economy with pick?
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by LordShiva97(m): 9:31am On May 15, 2020
Wiifesnatcher:

you be mumu I swear, you people can be deceived easily

like you believe Nigeria politicians? what was Buhari's advise prior to 2015 when Gej was president

you dumb citizens are reason this country can't move forward with your readiness to digest all politicians words

I hate dumb people

It's very funny, you don't have the moral right to accuse anyone of being dumb when you are dumbness walking on two legs. I won't say that you're dumb though, that's tantamount to insulting dumb people. I'm not a fan of Atiku or any politician for that matter, and no, I don't believe the words of any politician. Atiku's advice is sound and reasonable; cutting down frivolous and unnecessary government expenditure should be the way forward and that's what Atiku basically said. Whether he's a hypocrite, a despot, a pathologically corrupt politician or one cut out from the same cloth as Hitler doesn't in any way take anything away from his advice. But I don't expect you to understand that, thinking seems to be a very difficult chore for you.

Do enjoy the rest of your day, good bye.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Xisnin(m): 9:31am On May 15, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Is there any renovation work going on at the national assembly right now?

Abeg make Atiku go siddon
I am sure you know the meaning of budget.
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:31am On May 15, 2020
GamalNasser:
After we sell the presidential jets and use it to pay Political elites salary for just one month then what next? Those jets are not the problem of Nigeria but bad governance, heavy reccurent expenditure and corruption ..all the jets in our presidential fleet can't fetch the govt 75 milllion dollars yet under in the past one month we have seen a Buhari minister claim she distributed 200 million dollars to poor people on the street ..Nigerias mismanagement is beyond those jets , if we are serious to getting this country financially on track the we need to look are the sources of our reccurent expenditure items especially the payroll of the political class and over populated unproductive civil service .

U dey always make sense Bros..

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Nobody: 9:31am On May 15, 2020
nony43:
I am not an Atiku fan, but he is making sense, Buhari was saying he will sell off some Presidential jets when he becomes president till today he is yet to sell one. Sell the Damn jets and fund the budget, but oga is bent on borrow borrow, Those Jets plus Abacha loot are enough to fund the budget let's not even mention revenues coming from IGR, Customs etc
the painful thing about Buhari’s reckless borrowing is that the real effects will only be felt long after he is gone. He his selling off the future of our youth and upcoming generations. I don’t trust Atiku either but he has far more business sense the Buhari. He has actually run businesses before so he understands the importance of balancing your budget and not letting your liablilities over exceed your revenue.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Doveflies(m): 9:32am On May 15, 2020
nitrogen:

Lol, how much is Abacha loot? you people will just be making assumptions without reasonable calculations to back them up.

Abacha loot at max of 1 billion dollars is just 360 billion naira, e no even reach 5 percent of the budget. Sell the Jets for an optimistic amount of 1 billion dollars, e no reach anything.

You guys should stop talking about stuffs that you know nothing about.
Mr you that knows all.... Selling all this things is not to fund all the budget.....
Imagine selling all dis things and getting 5billion naira,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,... 5billion is gonna do alot.......
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by m140(m): 9:32am On May 15, 2020
BREYZ:
Atiku would have made a better President with Peter Obi beside him as his Vice.

I just don't know why good things elope Nigeria whenever we are at the verge of getting it right. You can imagine where Nigeria would have been today if GoodLuck Jonathan was still the President but he had to leave the forefront because too many people were against him and now we can see the Government some of us wanted. Nobody is saying sai Baba anymore, all the empty promises that made some of us go against a government that was doing it right have all gone down the drainage and now we are back here where anything goes and nobody dare questions or ask questions anymore, nobody speaks or protests anymore. I remember what so many of them did just to make sure Jonathan and his government appeared bad but today none of those people speak anymore. They have suddenly become deaf and dumb & too blind to see, now in their houses enduring and suffering the pains they brought upon their fellow citizens.

Will some Nigerians learn? No.
The day we start thinking ahead, that's the day Nigeria will move forward but for now, let us partake in the errors committed by a few in the past.

Mr man he was there before, wetin he do
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Noel19: 9:33am On May 15, 2020
Flier:
He is playing us,what he said does not make any sense,it can not cover 2% of the lost revenue
The man just love selling things,or what is the benefit of everything he sold to his friends when he was in power.
Based on what we have on ground, since we are between the devil and the deep blue sea,

Tinubu, Atiku and Hell-Rufai who will make a better president?

Be sincere, use ur head and not your heart.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Angelfrost(m): 9:34am On May 15, 2020
Okoroawusa:

The word is "budgeted". It's not a cash at hand. If they don't see the money or the president doesn't get to go anywhere then no money is spent.
Atiku was VP for 8 years he knows how budgets work. Don't let him deceive you

I know what budgeting means and clearly implies sir...

The questions begging answers remain: Why budget such ridiculous and ostentatious amount in the first place??! Isn't the maxim of this administration "Change"??!... Are we no longer about cutting costs, and enhancing savings and/or revenue generation??!... On what basis do you spend billions on feeding and traveling??!... What level of economic buoyancy??!

This issue predates this recession occasioned by the pandemic... This administration has not improved or done better than their predecessors massively in terms of cutting outrageous costs of governance... This is the REAL ISSUE!!!

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by m140(m): 9:34am On May 15, 2020
contigiency:
Atiku is a true replica of do as I say, but don't do as I do. Was his sense on compulsory leave when he was in power that he didn't move for all the reforms he is presently preaching? Listen to Atiku at your own perils.
Lolzzzzz, we never get sense for this country, I cant never support past politicians wey I no feel him impact ....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mimiko Rushes To Aso Rock, Meets Buhari Over Ondo Election / #EndSARS: Fresh Protest Threat For Freezing Of Protesters Accounts / Speaker Gbajabiamila Receives Allen Onyema, Air Peace CEO In His Office (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.