Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? (52167 Views)

Raymond Dokpesi Jnr. Blasts Saharareporters Over 'Sensational' Headline / Raymond Dokpesi Snr And 7 Family Members Test Positive For Coronavirus / Raymond Dokpesi Tests Positive For Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Xisnin(m): 1:29pm On May 15, 2020
luluman:
Whatever happens mind your language/choice of words.
Oh!
I was not informed of your universal rule on language.

2 Likes

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by MuchAdo: 1:35pm On May 15, 2020
Xisnin:

There is no such thing as enough testing for a population of 200 million people.
If there is, please tell us the exact number of enough testing

Confirmed cases have specific meaning.
It doesn't mean what you feel is right.

This shows you don't understand statistics and from experience from similar asymmetry,
it is impossible to have any intelligible discussion further.

Yes, Nigeria with 157 deaths should be compared with another country with 5000 cases, 30000 tests, similar demographics,
country culture and distribution.

Is the above confusing?
That is why we have statistical reasoning and tools for practical comparison.
Unfortunately, it can't be taught in a day.

What is your point My point is that Nigeria is not at risk from Coronavirus like countries abroad are. If it could do worse, it could have since done it.

Coronavirus is NOT for Africa! Hallelujah!! Only African countries who have been seriously exposed to the virus currently have less than 1,000 deaths... smiley It is no coincidence!!!

Statistics is NOT always correct!!! Enough testing for a country like Nigeria should be at least 10% of the population or 10% of the population of the epicentre.
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Mindofhisown: 1:48pm On May 15, 2020
For the first question, Abba Kyari could have died of any other ailment not related to covid-19 yet ncdc will tag it so thereby classifying its cause of death. I'm not saying the existence of corona virus is false. After all the symptoms with covid-19 are not peculiar with it alone. Fever has similar symptoms. He was a diabetics at the time he passed on.

For the second question, are you not aware of what transpired in Tanzania were pawpaw and goat tested positive to covid-19. Similar results could have taken place with his family members. Don't forget he is a media magnet whom must have been privy to classified information about the whole charade going on. Then he decided to plot decoy knowing fully well ncdc might fall for it so as to make it more sensational of covid-19 being a public in the society.

For your third question, for crying out loud everyone can be on the same political platform. With that and along with objective mindedness, there will be checks and balances. Everything stands to be questioned in life with the exception of God almighty for we theist. Dokpesi said he is going to the isolation centre and hoped to be back in two weeks time by God's grace. Immediately I read that, I told a friend that he is going for investigative journalism. As far as I am concerned he is mincing words.

Besides I don't need to be told that some highly placed personalities are cashing out seriously. How come fed govt wants feed invincible school children with over 13.5 billion naira. What is your thought about that? Obviously a conduit pipe to siphon our collective patrimony. People will put up an argument that the fed and state govt are loosing revenue due to lockdown. Do you know that the money being spent on covid-19 related issues will be difficult to probe because it is domiciled in miscellaneous accounts.

1. If it's scamdemic, then, what killed Abba Kyari?

2. If it's malaria, why is it highly contagious and vulnerably transmitted?

3. LEST WE FORGET, DOKPESI IS STILL A MEDIA TYCOON WHOSE MOUTHPIECE IS OF PDP. Hope he is not playing politics of hate towards the current administration in favour of his dead and buried party hoping to be resurrected??

Nigerians, think well! I can never trust this Benin con man whose belly is his master. He might put the nation into perpetual darkness of discord, chaos, and negative criticisms with his statement because of his selfish interest against the current administration. Using the zombie masses as the war fronts and shield against the current administration.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Correcto: 1:55pm On May 15, 2020
You didn't watch the video but if you did, then you have mental issues. Your stupidity is epic. He said his concern as a survivor of Corona Virus. I am sure you have not been to the isolation center but you are ranting here. There is no crime in stating a concern about a disease or proces. Mumu!!
Proudlyngwa:

You and dokpesi don't have sense, if you don't have idea of something., keep quiet so as not to mislead the fragile public.
Once again Dokpesi is a fool for his comment.
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Reptyle(m): 1:55pm On May 15, 2020
adadike:
When I said it, people called for my head. If you have malaria, just go to NCDC office and see if you won't test positive for Covid 19. ! NCDC , stop lying to Nigerians , they have suffered enough

But how is this your claim possible? The test for Covid is through swab samples collected from the nasal tract. The test for malaria is through blood samples.

The reagents used for both tests are different.

Covid-19 is a virus while malaria is caused by a single-cell parasite.

So how can a test for malaria reveal that you have Covid-19 and vice-versa?

Has the malaria parasite which is restricted to the blood began to manifest in the nasal tract?

This is just simple logic really.
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Lamiri(m): 1:56pm On May 15, 2020
latestsportsnew:
what is the possible cure for the Scandemic please grin
SCAMCCINE

1 Like

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Correcto: 1:58pm On May 15, 2020
Covid19 is promoted as far deadly than what it is actually. At a point it was like corpses will be littered everywhere. Covid19 is real but that of Nigeria is playing out like a script. If you have a friend who is a lab scientist in the frontline anywhere in world, tell him or her to educate you on what they actually testing.
allthingsgood:

But isnt that what the govt has been saying. Not everyone dies from corona, its mostly those with compromised immune. So i dont get the skepticism

1 Like

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Junior66(m): 2:03pm On May 15, 2020
teejet:
Good question.

My thoughts as well since no one is dying as a result of malaria again.

who told you no one is dying from malaria anymore?
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:07pm On May 15, 2020
Correcto:
You didn't watch the video but if you did, then you have mental issues. Your stupidity is epic. He said his concern as a survivor of Corona Virus. I am sure you have not been to the isolation center but you are ranting here. There is no crime in stating a concern about a disease or proces. Mumu!!
Like I said you, Dokpesi and those of you supporting him don't have sense.
The sensitivity of this issue does not warrant it to be cremated to any issue, bearing in mind a lot of you don't know anything.
Dolorous should thank God, he was identified positive, taken good care of by patriotic professionals and declared negative, not everyone was lucky, this is not the time for someone of his caliber to raise useless questions to a public that is looking for whom to mislead them.
He should be rewarding the health sector with encouragements and not demoralizing them by even talking about malaria in relation to coronavirus at this point in time.

Although I doubt you will undoubtedly what I wrote
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by stunning4real: 2:10pm On May 15, 2020
Xisnin:
He is just another fool.
Aside from looting the national wealth, most Nigerian politicians are surprisingly dumb.
They can't see the next move.

He could have checked Nigerian statistics on active malaria cases
and compare them with the meager 5000 Covid-19 cases recorded for the last 3 months.

If the government had done nothing, doctors would have fled the hospital en masse
or refuse to treat patients. People like him with high BP and various health conditions
wouldn't survive a month without medical assistance.
He doesn't care that doctors, nurses, pharmacists, other hospital workers, and emergency patients
will suffer disproportionate deaths from the fallout of his proposed idiocy.

Unfortunately, the people that are supposed to be dying are not.
honestly he's a big fool. He should have been left unattended to then he will be able to differentiate if it's malaria or covid19

1 Like

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by byinks(f): 2:10pm On May 15, 2020
wewe1:

Really scamdemic

Something worse than the so called COVID is coming but the problem is the politicians will still attribute it to COVID
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by fadamekus(m): 2:10pm On May 15, 2020
Their is nothing like covid-19 in Nigeria our politicians are all scamming us

1 Like

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Kennydoc(m): 2:13pm On May 15, 2020
adadike:
When I said it, people called for my head. If you have malaria, just go to NCDC office and see if you won't test positive for Covid 19. ! NCDC , stop lying to Nigerians , they have suffered enough

How do you know this? Have you or any member of your family ever had COVID-19?

There are over 1-2m confirmed cases in Europe. Did they also have malaria?
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by allthingsgood: 2:13pm On May 15, 2020
Correcto:
Covid19 is promoted as far deadly than what it is actually. At a point it was like corpses will be littered everywhere. Covid19 is real but that of Nigeria is playing out like a script. If you have a friend who is a lab scientist in the frontline anywhere in world, tell him or her to educate you on what they actually testing.

But bodies are actually being littered in the streets. Just cos africa doesnt have high numbers (for some unknown reason) doesnt mean the disease is a joke. Of course its possible that the numbers of death may not be exact (cos its very difficult to tell the actual cause of death during this emergency), but still fact is coronavirus kills and shouldnt be treated with levity. Its like HIV which in itself isnt a death sentence, but can compromise your immune allowing any other ailment to kill u. I honestly dont know what your own lab scientists are diagnosing tho.
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by EgusiShankly: 2:20pm On May 15, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
scamdemic it is .

it's so so easy to brainwash Nigerians I swear .

if you see how some of them come on nairaland and other media platform to argue , you would think they've got there senses all intact.

most Nigerians are educated mumus and the old polithiefcians are taking advantage of that .
very correct
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by wiseoneking: 2:36pm On May 15, 2020
Xisnin:
He is just another fool.
Aside from looting the national wealth, most Nigerian politicians are surprisingly dumb.

and compare them with the meager 5000 Covid-19 cases recorded for the last 3 months.

Here is what any thinking person already knows:
Patients can have a combination of diseases such as malaria, Typhoid,
Tuberculosis and others at the same time especially when the immune system is overstressed.
Having malaria doesn't mean you don't have other diseases.

If the government had done nothing, doctors would have fled the hospital en masse
or refuse to treat patients. People like him with high BP and various health conditions
He doesn't care that doctors, nurses, pharmacists, other hospital workers, and emergency patients

But this fool you called your papa age mate, does it really make you wiser than your right up?
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Correcto: 2:46pm On May 15, 2020
Littered in the street of Nigeria? Please where so I can call to verify it? If you don't have a friend who is in the frontline, then forget it. You must know everything after all.
allthingsgood:

But bodies are actually being littered in the streets. Just cos africa doesnt have high numbers (for some unknown reason) doesnt mean the disease is a joke. Of course its possible that the numbers of death may not be exact (cos its very difficult to tell the actual cause of death during this emergency), but still fact is coronavirus kills and shouldnt be treated with levity. Its like HIV which in itself isnt a death sentence, but can compromise your immune allowing any other ailment to kill u. I honestly dont know what your own lab scientists are diagnosing tho.
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Saintinoo(m): 2:48pm On May 15, 2020
Xisnin:
He is just another fool.

Tuberculosis and others at the same time especially when the immune system is overstressed.

So what is your point now, he asked a question, why malaira patients are being admitted as covid-19 patient.

I believe what ever exposure you have, mr AIT is more exposed than you, it's left for Nigerians to ask questions and demand for answers.

1 Like

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Correcto: 2:48pm On May 15, 2020
You are plain stupid. There is no wrong with raising a concern, provided you don't accuse anyone without clear evidence. Stop being stupid emotional about things.
Proudlyngwa:

Like I said you, Dokpesi and those of you supporting him don't have sense.
The sensitivity of this issue does not warrant it to be cremated to any issue, bearing in mind a lot of you don't know anything.
Dolorous should thank God, he was identified positive, taken good care of by patriotic professionals and declared negative, not everyone was lucky, this is not the time for someone of his caliber to raise useless questions to a public that is looking for whom to mislead them.
He should be rewarding the health sector with encouragements and not demoralizing them by even talking about malaria in relation to coronavirus at this point in time.

Although I doubt you will undoubtedly what I wrote
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by onobire(m): 2:52pm On May 15, 2020
Wolgrace:
I have three logical questions.

1. If it's scamdemic, then, what killed Abba Kyari?

2. If it's malaria, why is it highly contagious and vulnerably transmitted?

3. LEST WE FORGET, DOKPESI IS STILL A MEDIA TYCOON WHOSE MOUTHPIECE IS OF PDP. Hope he is not playing politics of hate towards the current administration in favour of his dead and buried party hoping to be resurrected??

Nigerians, think well! I can never trust this Benin con man whose belly is his master. He might put the nation into perpetual darkness of discord, chaos, and negative criticisms with his statement because of his selfish interest against the current administration. Using the zombie masses as the war fronts and shield against the current administration.
just read watin you write again and look if e make sense
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 2:59pm On May 15, 2020
Aystarz:

What more could we do na ? This government is, by far, the most secretive of every other administration we've ever had in this country.

Played once again!

I don't like talking about this government atall
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 15, 2020
onobire:
just read watin you write again and look if e make sense

Is that what you have to say after reading it??
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 15, 2020
EjaikreTheViper:

absolutely no sense in this comment.
Absolutely, you have nothing to say when trapped by antics...
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Xisnin(m): 3:02pm On May 15, 2020
Saintinoo:

So what is your point now, he asked a question, why malaira patients are being admitted as covid-19 patient.
He didn't ask a question.
He made a claim that malaria patients are being admitted
even though the fool should have known that diseases don't
queue up for one to leave before another can come in.

I believe what ever exposure you have, mr AIT is more exposed than you, it's left for Nigerians to ask questions and demand for answers.
Of course, he is very exposed to bankrupting companies, looting, and hijacking contracts he will never execute.
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 15, 2020
newisd75:

lassa fever may have kill him, not necessary d coronavirus he had in germany

Lassa fever? I off my hat for you..
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by stieyven(m): 3:09pm On May 15, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
scamdemic it is .

it's so so easy to brainwash Nigerians I swear .

if you see how some of them come on nairaland and other media platform to argue , you would think they've got there senses all intact.

most Nigerians are educated mumus and the old polithiefcians are taking advantage of that .
He who calls another a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by smileyoo: 3:20pm On May 15, 2020
LibertyRep:
These people should at least fear whatever they hold supreme.

The untold hardship this forced lockdown is causing or has caused is unimaginable.

If NCDC hasn't been entirely truthful to us, now is the time for them amend their ways.
lol. you don't know the type of people ruling you. mercy is never in their dictionary.
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by nedekid: 3:24pm On May 15, 2020
Xisnin:
He is just another fool.

Raymond dokpesi is just another fool?
Wow!
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by akdjr(m): 3:25pm On May 15, 2020
Though I am not a medical expert but those COVID19 cases are questionable. Fever patients are now been recorded as COVID19.
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Xisnin(m): 3:28pm On May 15, 2020
nedekid:

Raymond dokpesi is just another fool?
Wow!
What's so surprising?
Looting national wealth doesn't require much intelligence.
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by kadiri3(m): 3:32pm On May 15, 2020
WaffenSS:
People claiming it's a scam

People saying it's malaria

You're all idiots.

Trump said hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine are treatments for Covid-19 based on a small scale french test on 25 patients, a ludicrous sample size for a clinical study, and without any concrete findings he advised people to use the malaria injections. Well, experts warned it's not working, and finally real clinical studies have proven chloroquine and antibiotics don't work against covid19.

So why are Nigerian doctors injecting people with a dangerous drug that doesn't work?

Because they don't want to admit they're discharging patients who naturally recover so as not to be seen to be doing nothing....they need that hazard allowance and endless bounties after all. Now that's the only scam.

Dokpesi claims he's a doctor. I think he's representative of the mostly quacks that remain in Nigeria, because all the good doctors have since left for better shores.
Bros coro is scam everywhere in the world

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

4 Sure Fire Ways To Get Rid Of Mouth Odour / Steps To Become A Registered Nurse In Nigeria / What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.