Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? (52190 Views)

Raymond Dokpesi Jnr. Blasts Saharareporters Over 'Sensational' Headline / Raymond Dokpesi Snr And 7 Family Members Test Positive For Coronavirus / Raymond Dokpesi Tests Positive For Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Naija246: 12:26pm On May 15, 2020
covid 19 is a huge hoax propagated by the world health organization so we can all take Bill gates vaccines grin
everyone should take note of this comment, we will all be forced to take these vaccines later this year or early next year grin

1 Like

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by ChelseaDr(m): 12:28pm On May 15, 2020
Dokpesi should have just thanked God for surviving Covid-19 and pray for his son's recovery as well.

Malaria is not synonymous with Covid-19 but Covid&19 is number one differential diagnosis that must be ruled out when someone presents with malaria-like symptoms.

Dokpesi should know better as a media person that sometimes, it is better to keep quiet

1 Like

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 15, 2020
kingxsamz:

Lol, why didn't you test positive for CoronaVirus, since people are claiming that everyone with malaria symptoms are now testing positive for Coronavirus?

Did he tell u that he went for covid test?
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 15, 2020
9isguy:
This country
I fell sick after the first 5 fasting and couldn’t fast again, I was having sore throat and fever though I went to the hospital and I was tested Positive for Malaria Parasite and Typhoid Fever, I was given some drugs BUT I was asking myself that could it be that I have Corona Virus? The funny thing is that I live inside A University Senior Staff Quarters of which it takes some mins drive to get to the nearby town, since the commencement of the lockdown I have been in my house, I was now asking myself how could I possibly have the virus and despite living with my brothers they ain’t infected..... my brother it was very funny that I started counting 14days�..... Alhamdullilah I am better and have fully recovered now..... I was so tensed and Confused

God will help us in this country
Glad you are okay now.....
Wish u went for the covid test.... that would av made u understand better what d ait man was saying.

1 Like

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by allthingsgood: 12:34pm On May 15, 2020
Correcto:
Abba Kyari had some chronic illness that was kept private. Even in Italy almost 96 percent of people that died are either elderly people or had other disease conditions.

But isnt that what the govt has been saying. Not everyone dies from corona, its mostly those with compromised immune. So i dont get the skepticism
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Comedian2019: 12:34pm On May 15, 2020
adadike:
When I said it, people called for my head. If you have malaria, just go to NCDC office and see if you won't test positive for Covid 19. ! NCDC , stop lying to Nigerians , they have suffered enough
Exactly, but most people won't understand.
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Luckydubby7(m): 12:34pm On May 15, 2020
All the covid19 patients in all the northern part of nigeria is suffering from fever, malaria typhoid.
All Almajiris covid19 patients were fever virus.
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by pedestal82(m): 12:34pm On May 15, 2020
Raymond Dokpesi, disappoints me with this statements.
First off, he should have known that not all positive cases turn out to be syptomatic.
Patients that are Covid 19 positive are treated for malaria because malaria is endemic in this country. And to help remove any stress from the immune system, which allows the immune system to be able fight Covid 19.
This same principle is the reason why patients with underlying health conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressurebqnd other chronic ailments are more prone to becoming syptomatic or dying from Covid 19.
He just been sensational and showing his lack of knowledge.
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Luckydubby7(m): 12:36pm On May 15, 2020
Xisnin:
He is just another fool.
Aside from looting the national wealth, most Nigerian politicians are surprisingly dumb.
They can't see the next move.

He could have checked Nigerian statistics on active malaria cases
and compare them with the meager 5000 Covid-19 cases recorded for the last 3 months.

If the government had done nothing, doctors would have fled the hospital en masse
or refuse to treat patients. People like him with high BP and various health conditions
wouldn't survive a month without medical assistance.
He doesn't care that doctors, nurses, pharmacists, other hospital workers, and emergency patients
will suffer disproportionate deaths from the fallout of his proposed idiocy.

Unfortunately, the people that are supposed to be dying are not.
. see one of them benefiting from covid 419

2 Likes

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Bahamas95(m): 12:37pm On May 15, 2020
Coronavirus kee them there! grin

They won't allow Yahoo boys rest yet they are the worse scammers. Old thieves on agbada/suit!

2 Likes

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by GamalNasser: 12:37pm On May 15, 2020
GavelSlam:

Miss fire

No be your guys make dem ban me for 6 months?

Haba I didn't know oo, I just thought you were done with your mission here .. well welcome , good to have your sound mind here even though you work for evil
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Stillthebest: 12:37pm On May 15, 2020
kiss

Fever is part of the symptoms of covid-19, so also it is symptoms for many other serious/viral/terminal ailments. There's corona in Ng but has been politicised.
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by martineverest(m): 12:39pm On May 15, 2020
ChelseaDr:
Dokpesi should have just thanked God for surviving Covid-19 and pray for his son's recovery as well.

Malaria is not synonymous with Covid-19 but Covid&19 is number one differential diagnosis that must be ruled out when someone presents with malaria-like symptoms.

Dokpesi should know better as a media person that sometimes, it is better to keep quiet
dokpesi Is just daft

1 Like

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by FLYFIRE(m): 12:42pm On May 15, 2020
This is the reason, they want you CHIPPED
Certificate-Of-Vaccination-ID2020 - COVID

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Acidosis(m): 12:47pm On May 15, 2020
Talking after your recovery? Lol. Why didn't you say this while on the hospital bed?
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by aksule(m): 12:48pm On May 15, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
scamdemic it is .

it's so so easy to brainwash Nigerians I swear .

if you see how some of them come on nairaland and other media platform to argue , you would think they've got there senses all intact.

most Nigerians are educated mumus and the old polithiefcians are taking advantage of that .
l tend to agree to this write-up. It is also the reason why religion has gain so much ground that you will be surprise to what has gotten to our brains
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by newisd75: 12:49pm On May 15, 2020
Wolgrace:
I have three logical questions.

1. If it's scamdemic, then, what killed Abba Kyari?

2. If it's malaria, why is it highly contagious and vulnerably transmitted?

3. LEST WE FORGET, DOKPESI IS STILL A MEDIA TYCOON WHOSE MOUTHPIECE IS OF PDP. Hope he is not playing politics of hate towards the current administration in favour of his dead and buried party hoping to be resurrected??

Nigerians, think well! I can never trust this Benin con man whose belly is his master. He might put the nation into perpetual darkness of discord, chaos, and negative criticisms with his statement because of his selfish interest against the current administration. Using the zombie masses as the war fronts and shield against the current administration.
lassa fever may have kill him, not necessary d coronavirus he had in germany
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Oriafo123: 12:57pm On May 15, 2020
Please I want to know if Raymond Dopeksi is a medical practitioner. In Nigeria every sickness is termed malaria. We dont even bother about test but just conclude that it is malaria. Unless he a medical practitioner, he statement remains invalid cool
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Aktsmith104: 1:03pm On May 15, 2020
Fool better thank God for His healing grace shown to you. U, ur wife and sum of ur staffs av malaria the same time abi well-done. instead of you using the to tell Nigerians that the government is not doing enough or use the opportunity to score more point u came back talking from your anus. If is malaria or not u know the truth
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by MuchAdo: 1:07pm On May 15, 2020
Xisnin:

I am assuming you are not a conspiracy nutter who is looking for gotchas.

Here are some stats of total deaths/total cases for random countries.

USA
86912/1457593
Percent death: 6%

Nigeria:
157/5,162
Percent death: 3%

China
4,633/82,933
Percent deaths: 5.5%

Japan
697/16120
Percent deaths: 4%

Germany
7,928/174,975
Percent deaths: 4.5%

Russia
2418/262843
Percent deaths: 0.91%

France
27,425/178,870
Percent deaths: 15.3%

Saudi Arabia
283/46,869
Percent deaths: 0.6%

Spain
27321/272646
Percent of deaths: 10%

What spectacular thing did Russia do(0.91% deaths) that France could not(15.3% deaths)?

What spectacular thing did Saudi Arabia do(0.6% deaths) that Spain could not(10% deaths)?

Almost every question about Covid-19 case numbers can be explained by population density, immigration/tourist influx at the beginning of the crisis, and the percentage of old people they have.

People like Dokpesi are a waste of oxygen and resources.
He should have been quarantined in his home along with families and not allow to go out until he tests positive or dies.
There is no reason why the government should have wasted money to house and treat him.

The only reason people are asking questions they can't understand is because they are losing money not out of concern for the disease.

Coronavirus is not that lethal in any country.
Anyone telling you otherwise is lying.

Even if we did nothing done, it won't kill more than 5% of the populace, which is a mere 10 million Nigerians.
We will still have 190 million people alive at the end of the day though every other country will ban us from visiting them for the next 3+ years.

Come on, we all know that Nigeria has not been doing enough testing.

We may well have as many as 1,000,000 confirmed cases at the moment.

Forget the useless percentages and focus in the number of deaths. A country losing 80,000 people to a virus in a matter of 3 months is a big deal no matter what percentage of the confirmed cases it is.

Nigeria with 157 deaths for the same period should NEVER be mentioned along such countries... angry

1 Like

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by andrewtosin(m): 1:11pm On May 15, 2020
adadike:
When I said it, people called for my head. If you have malaria, just go to NCDC office and see if you won't test positive for Covid 19. ! NCDC , stop lying to Nigerians , they have suffered enough
i feel like replying this your comment but show me your face first before I reply you
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by zona376: 1:12pm On May 15, 2020
Using common malaria to siphon funds and they are aware of it.
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by CalebV8: 1:14pm On May 15, 2020
Seeing that malaria is common in Nigeria/Africa, all malaria patients would pass for covid 19 patients. Meaning that many of the reported cases are actually malaria cases.

1 Like

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by EjaikreTheViper(f): 1:14pm On May 15, 2020
Wolgrace:
I have three logical questions.

1. If it's scamdemic, then, what killed Abba Kyari?

2. If it's malaria, why is it highly contagious and vulnerably transmitted?

3. LEST WE FORGET, DOKPESI IS STILL A MEDIA TYCOON WHOSE MOUTHPIECE IS OF PDP. Hope he is not playing politics of hate towards the current administration in favour of his dead and buried party hoping to be resurrected??

Nigerians, think well! I can never trust this Benin con man whose belly is his master. He might put the nation into perpetual darkness of discord, chaos, and negative criticisms with his statement because of his selfish interest against the current administration. Using the zombie masses as the war fronts and shield against the current administration.

absolutely no sense in this comment.
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Goke7: 1:15pm On May 15, 2020
newisd75:

lassa fever may have kill him, not necessary d coronavirus he had in germany

mumu, the elites do not easily contract lassa fever, reason govt does not give it full attention, lassa fever is from contaminated food stuff by rats which is from the poor handling of farm products like garri during processing by illiterate folks or villagers. The elites know that well so its so easy to beat lassa fever.
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by andrewtosin(m): 1:15pm On May 15, 2020
Covidiots dey many for this thread sha cheesy
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by luluman: 1:21pm On May 15, 2020
Xisnin:
He is just another fool.
Aside from looting the national wealth, most Nigerian politicians are surprisingly dumb.
They can't see the next move.

He could have checked Nigerian statistics on active malaria cases
and compare them with the meager 5000 Covid-19 cases recorded for the last 3 months.

If the government had done nothing, doctors would have fled the hospital en masse
or refuse to treat patients. People like him with high BP and various health conditions
wouldn't survive a month without medical assistance.
He doesn't care that doctors, nurses, pharmacists, other hospital workers, and emergency patients
will suffer disproportionate deaths from the fallout of his proposed idiocy.

Unfortunately, the people that are supposed to be dying are not.
Whatever happens mind your language/choice of words.

1 Like

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by andrewtosin(m): 1:24pm On May 15, 2020
Jahwinaboy:
There is Corona in Nigeria although NCDC is adding unnecessary figures. Only God knows. Besides, it is a secret/invisible enemy. Be wise
so Ghana with a highly less population and higher cases is adding unnecessary figures too?
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Goke7: 1:24pm On May 15, 2020
adelaja70:
Dokpesi for siddon for house treat the malaria with panadol extra Na....

abi o, no be im fault, e for go US go ask Trump, nonsense

1 Like

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Xisnin(m): 1:26pm On May 15, 2020
MuchAdo:

Come on, we all know that Nigeria has not been doing enough testing.
There is no such thing as enough testing for a population of 200 million people.
If there is, please tell us the exact number of enough testing

We may well have as many as 1,000,000 confirmed cases at the moment.
Confirmed cases have specific meaning.
It doesn't mean what you feel is right.

Forget the useless percentages and focus in the number of deaths. A country losing 80,000 people to a virus in a matter of 3 months is a big deal no matter what percentage of the confirmed cases it is.
This shows you don't understand statistics and from experience from similar asymmetry,
it is impossible to have any intelligible discussion further.

Nigeria with 157 deaths for the same period should NEVER be mentioned along such countries... angry
Yes, Nigeria with 157 deaths should be compared with another country with 5000 cases, 30000 tests, similar demographics,
country culture and distribution.

Is the above confusing?
That is why we have statistical reasoning and tools for practical comparison.
Unfortunately, it can't be taught in a day.
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by newisd75: 1:27pm On May 15, 2020
Goke7:

mumu, the elites do not easily contract lassa fever, reason govt does not give it full attention, lassa fever is from contaminated food stuff by rats which is from the poor handling of farm products like garri during processing by illiterate folks or villagers. The elites know that well so its so easy to beat lassa fever.
that is d foolishness of some nigerian not given it attention, 4 d fact that lassa fever is 1 of d deadly diseases killing people in d north, even d governor of kano said it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Expert Reveals Dangers Of Unprotected Sex / The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) / Pictures Of A Guy Washing His Joystick Where Oil Is Being Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.