Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? (1258 Views)

I Am Confused In Choosing A Wife Partner / Which one of these ladies would you consider for marriage? / Are Tribal Differences A Major Issue In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 15, 2020
A friend of mine needs your help
"I've got a lady with virtues i always look out for.

She has got high percentage of what i want in a woman, but her height is of average, and it has been a serious concern for me.

I've not been able to propose to her because of this. Please advise me. I'm not a short man neither a tall man yet she is not up to my height."

Question now is:

Do You consider height a major issue in a choice of a life partner?
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by Oluromantic: 3:12pm On May 15, 2020
As little as it sounds, it is worth considering. I've withdrawn from a girl I liked online but on seeing her, discovered she's a lot fatter than I saw online. Not like I like very slim girls but at least girls with average flesh. Hers was beyond average. I thought of what she'll look like after childbirth.

I've also quit a relationship on d basis of compatibility before, also met online. At first, I didn't like her stature cus she's short and I'm 6ft plus, she's slim but bcus of her warm nature, I started looking beyond physicality and moved on with her but later realized her anger issues, insecurity and desire to control all, which I can't cope with. She had a thin line of patience. Altogether with her stature which was an issue already before, I had to quit. Then she started haunting my emotions to make me look bad, became very rude etc. I didn't even bother cus I didn't promise her marriage at first.

So my point is, don't feel youre unserious about life or relationship by asking about something as little as height. Quitting early, what you know you cannot keep holding on to is very worthwhile because, you will later see tall girls with cute figures and trouble will start. So for now, you're thinking properly.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by missimelda01(f): 3:26pm On May 15, 2020
The fact that you got attracted to the person in the first place shows that the height isn't important. I like them tall, but if for any reason I'm attracted to you, then it means I'm all in tall or short... Doesn't change the fact that tall guys are my first choice.

Although I noticed most short guys have esteem issues, that's something I can't deal with.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by Sixfeetbelle: 3:42pm On May 15, 2020
Height do play a major role in my attraction to the opposite sex. Being quite tall already, I find it a bit difficult moving/hanging out with people that are considerably short in comparison, which means I get pretty selective of the people I relate with whenever I can, including in relationships.
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by illicit(m): 3:52pm On May 15, 2020
I can't date a girl that's taller than me.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by TheLioness: 4:25pm On May 15, 2020
Sixfeet.belle took the words right out of my mouth. I used to feel uncomfortable walking with, hugging or hanging around people who are way shorter than me. But that's changed (I still don't like hugging them sha).

When it comes to attraction, it only happens with persons who are taller or same height with me.
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by Fidelismaria: 4:29pm On May 15, 2020
grin grin
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by madone: 4:55pm On May 15, 2020
missimelda01:
The fact that you got attracted to the person in the first place shows that the height isn't important. I like them tall, but if for any reason I'm attracted to you, then it means I'm all in tall or short... Doesn't change the fact that tall guys are my first choice.

Although I noticed most short guys have esteem issues, that's something I can't deal with.
height does a lot to a person esteem but it takes a great personality to beat that. in bid of over coming that short people become aggressive and tall people become arrogant. so whether a person is tall or short low self esteem is a mind thing.

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by Bartork(m): 5:31pm On May 15, 2020
What one considers is a function of his values and likes.

Men don't all see ladies same way.
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by Karlifate: 6:03pm On May 15, 2020
missimelda01:

They are quick to anger.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by vickydankal(f): 6:53pm On May 15, 2020
Yes height do play a role in choosing a partner.but I also know in the list of your spec in a woman, each item in the list can be scored from 1 - 10. That means someone can score so high in a particular item to cover up the short fall of another item. Choose wisely height should not be the only determinant here. God bless you
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by PrinxArthur1(m): 7:59pm On May 15, 2020
i !am 6 ft 1 and I don't like tall gals
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by Angelacruz: 8:26pm On May 15, 2020
Yes
PrecioussB:

She has got high percentage of what i want in a woman, but her height is of average, and it has been a serious concern for me.

I've not been able to propose to her because of this. Please advise me. I'm not a short man neither a tall man yet she is not up to my height."

Question now is:

Do You consider height a major issue in a choice of a life partner?
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by bid4rich(m): 8:29pm On May 15, 2020
Is it the content you want or the container?

If the content is Okay, why can't you let go of the container.
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by Dande55: 8:29pm On May 15, 2020
Of course.
I'm petite, I have never dated a short man before. undecided
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:39pm On May 15, 2020
Oluromantic:
As little as it sounds, it is worth considering. I've withdrawn from a girl I liked online but on seeing her, discovered she's a lot fatter than I saw online. Not like I like very slim girls but at least girls with average flesh. Hers was beyond average. I thought of what she'll look like after childbirth.

I've also quit a relationship on d basis of compatibility before, also met online. At first, I didn't like her stature cus she's short and I'm 6ft plus, she's slim but bcus of her warm nature, I started looking beyond physicality and moved on with her but later realized her anger issues, insecurity and desire to control all, which I can't cope with. She had a thin line of patience. Altogether with her stature which was an issue already before, I had to quit. Then she started haunting my emotions to make me look bad, became very rude etc. I didn't even bother cus I didn't promise her marriage at first.

So my point is, don't feel youre unserious about life or relationship by asking about something as little as height. Quitting early, what you know you cannot keep holding on to is very worthwhile because, you will later see tall girls with cute figures and trouble will start. So for now, you're thinking properly.

True. No one you should downplay physical attraction.

If it matters so much to you that your partner looks a certain way, then by all means go for the ones who are like that.

But then again, knowing that we may not always get EXACTLY what we want, it’s left for a person to rearrange their priorities in the choice of a partner. Whatever remains non-negotiable, should remain non-negotiable!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by Bola146(f): 8:58pm On May 15, 2020
illicit:
I can't date a girl that's taller than me.

Same here grin grin I can't marry someone that I'm taller than grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by SavageResponse(m): 9:03pm On May 15, 2020
Yes height is an important factor to be considered
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by ibkayee(f): 9:04pm On May 15, 2020
Can you tell us what both your heights are?

I'm trying to visualise what this means:
PrecioussB:

Height is a big thing for me, I love tall men. I've heard guys avoid girls who are taller than them, the way girls avoid guys who are shorter. But I never really hear about guys who are of average height (which apparently you are) being concerned that a girl who isn't tall or short isn't up to his height
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by Amarabae(f): 9:08pm On May 15, 2020
perfect people don't exist. always know that

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by illicit(m): 3:35am On May 16, 2020
Bola146:

hmmm the feeling is mutual. I can't be looking up to my wife lol
It's suppose to be the other way round
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by illicit(m): 11:06am On May 16, 2020
Bola146:

you don't want someone to look up to u lol
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by DonroxyII: 5:35am On May 20, 2020
Height is a huge factor here but not a paramount factor ... Other factors can make one to not even remember height ....

Who remember height when a babe is bringing 50M p.a to the table with morals and connect ...

Height gini grin

(1) (Reply)

No Man Can Be Trusted Anymore, My Experience With Some Men / Happy Sunday N'landers / I'm +1 Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.