Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada (38532 Views)

Twist In Regional Competition As New Airport Opens In Anambra / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada / COVID-19: Air France Begins Evacuation Of EU Citizens In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 15, 2020
maybe onyema has case to answer in Canada too

1 Like

Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by MichaelDuf: 10:14pm On May 15, 2020
Citizens of the zoo
Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by FlordFlorez(m): 10:43pm On May 15, 2020
Mynd44:

Canada is not allowing Airpeace to make the flight as it is not registered in Canada
it can be reviewed following international law. This is an emergency case, a pandemic!
Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by pasol4real(m): 10:46pm On May 15, 2020
tempest01:
Foolish lies.

Air peace is not cleared to fly in Canada. It is not a lawless country where anything goes. You people should keep your lawlessness in your country and find a licensed airline to charter and bring back the Nigerians.
Pls stop talking trash. This is an emergency landing /evacuation . It doesn’t require you to be registered. All you need is permission to land n evacuate.
Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by RaptorX: 10:47pm On May 15, 2020
kendrick93:
Have they( the Nigerians) complained that they want to come back?.
Cause I know if I was in Canada, no way i'm i coming back to this country after struggling to get there in the first place
319 have already paid to come back from your heavenly Canada, go back and re read the story. 165 came back from the US last week and they also paid to come back.

2 Likes

Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by umulobi: 10:52pm On May 15, 2020
Mynd44:

Canada is not allowing Airpeace to make the flight as it is not registered in Canada
It is not true.This is an emergency situation, Airpeace doesn't need commercial license to land in Canada.Airpeace airlifted Chinese medics from China to Abuja.. China didn't insist that Airpeace must have commercial license before landing in their country because it is an emergency situation.

ET Airways and some greedy unpatriotic Nigerians are behind this struggle.

5 Likes

Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by pasol4real(m): 10:52pm On May 15, 2020
kendrick93:
Cause I know if I was in Canada, no way i'm i coming back to this country after struggling to get there in the first place
Its because you are poor. If you were rich you will know that living in Nigeria is far better than any other country in the world

6 Likes

Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by RaptorX: 10:54pm On May 15, 2020
Kazim88:
They also gave them code to buy the Ethiopian airline ticket. Affiliated Marketing . If you, you know.

Nigerian high commission in Canada are Nigerians, what do you expect. Fraud in the system.
Canadian high commission in Nigeria wanted Ethiopian airlines not the Nigeria high commission in Canada. Did you people even read and comprehend the story, when did Nigeria started controlling Canadian airspace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by Naijagoodman: 11:00pm On May 15, 2020
Mynd44:

Wrong info! This is an emergency and air peace need no registration to airlift Nigerians

1 Like

Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by backbone503(m): 11:05pm On May 15, 2020
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

You must be a real niggarrr
They have no flight permit
They have no license to undertake commercial flights to Canada and from Canada

This isn't really a commercial flight. Its a special evacuation flight and FG commissioned its indigenous carrier to do the air lifting of her citizens.

This will be diplomatically settled though, and las las Air Peace go carry dem.

2 Likes

Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by AZeD1(m): 11:06pm On May 15, 2020
pasol4real:

Pls stop talking trash. This is an emergency landing /evacuation . It doesn’t require you to be registered. All you need is permission to land n evacuate.
It's not really an emergency landing.

Air peace is carrying some Nigerians to Canada and bringing some back.
Looks like a commercial flight.
Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by Naijagoodman: 11:10pm On May 15, 2020
kendrick93:
The reason people are leaving could be many. Some could be in Canada for visitation, conference etc. I live in Canada and I'm not coming back home because I have a permanent status. So if you fall into the former category and your temporary status has expired or about to expire, it is advisable you leave or you'll be harming yourself. It's very difficult to live in Canada without a valid status
Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by HALCYON44: 11:22pm On May 15, 2020
This is a very serious issue and it's a diplomatic one, Nigeria government knows why and also the management of air peace. I urge them to use the diplomatic means by going through the Nigeria ambassador in Canada and using the Nigeria connection with Canada to sort this out. We cannot conclude that canada is doing this because of the money it's a total No, how much is that going to put in Canada government pocket. Is either Canada government did not want the Nigerians to leave or something else is fishy in the process. It the function of Nigeria government to find out and resolve it in the shortest time possible. Thanks
Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by Nobody: 12:10am On May 16, 2020
tempest01:
Foolish lies.

Air peace is not cleared to fly in Canada. It is not a lawless country where anything goes. You people should keep your lawlessness in your country and find a licensed airline to charter and bring back the Nigerians.
The write up states airpeace had been landing in Canada. This isn't their first time. I think this is just affiliate business some people are up to having giving the intended returnees codes to buy Ethiopian airline's tickets.

2 Likes

Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by WaffenSS(m): 12:12am On May 16, 2020
Two possiblities

1. AP does not have license to ingress into Canada

2. The chairman of AP has a warrant of arrest from the US, and Canada is probably wary of allowing aircraft from a company suspected of money laundering to land there.

2 Likes

Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by layzie: 12:12am On May 16, 2020
ntyce:

You said "private" jets, not commercial airline.....

Lagos BRT can't go and operate in Abuja....

This issue can easily be sorted out by the two countries. This is not a normal commercial flight but an evacuation. How difficult is it to explain that?? Problem is that our Canadian high commission that should be doing the explanation to Canadian authorities is now accused of having interest in another carrier.
Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by webmaster3: 12:20am On May 16, 2020
ntyce:

You said "private" jets, not commercial airline.....

Lagos BRT can't go and operate in Abuja....

It's not a commercial flight.. It's an evacuation flight due to a pandemic which is currently causing restriction on commercial flights all over the world. I see no reason why Air peace cannot air lift Nigerians under this circumstances.

1 Like

Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by Beautyaddy: 12:29am On May 16, 2020
layzie:

This issue can easily be sorted out by the two countries. This is not a normal commercial flight but an evacuation. How difficult is it to explain that?? Problem is that our Canadian high commission that should be doing the explanation to Canadian authorities is now accused of having interest in another carrier.

Canada does not want any Nigerian Airline to land at their airport or use their Airspace na...or is it by force

Why didn't Airpeace use their Airline to evacuate the Nigerians who wanted to be uplifted from the US

They used a foreign Airline to evacuate the Nigerians stranded in the US.

Why can't they use the same Airline they flew to the US to evacuate Nigerians to Canada.
Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by pacificom: 12:33am On May 16, 2020
Those Nigerians leaving Canada to Nigeria should be warned that the issues here is not limited on coronavirus, but also hunger.
Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by layzie: 12:34am On May 16, 2020
Beautyaddy:

Canada does not want any Nigerian Airline to land at their airport or use their Airspace na...or is it by force

Why didn't Airpeace use their Airline to evacuate the Nigerians who wanted to be uplifted from the US

Why can't they use the same Airline they flew to the US to evacuate Nigerians to Canada.

U and I can seat here to be answering questions meant to be answered through diplomatic channels and negotaiations. Or can we
Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by Beautyaddy: 12:53am On May 16, 2020
layzie:

U and I can seat here to be answering questions meant to be answered through diplomatic channels and negotaiations. Or can we

Fake Diplomatic Channels.
Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by MPESA(m): 1:02am On May 16, 2020
eltata:

Really can you fly into another country without been registered? Please don't say this outside

And they have Been to Canada previously on there own , go back and reread this time slowly.

1 Like

Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by MPESA(m): 1:04am On May 16, 2020
Beautyaddy:

Go back and reread this time slowly, Air peace was the one that airlifted on Nigeria's from USA and they have already flown 19 times to USA since they started operation in 2014.

2 Likes

Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by MPESA(m): 1:12am On May 16, 2020
isthatso:

Why all this nonsense, they have been flying in and out of both Usa and Canada previously on there own , why sudden change BTW it was stated that Air Peace was the one that airlifted Nigeria's from USA and they have already ... So why all this nonsense to sound tribal while discrediting another man work and Nigeria at Large.

1 Like

Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by OnyesomJ(m): 2:02am On May 16, 2020
This is what happened if you don’t have Active Govt that care for Her Citizen.
What bullish!!!
sad sad
Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by Nobody: 2:27am On May 16, 2020
Mynd44:

The owner Allen Onyema is also a wanted fugitive in North America for money laundering.
Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by lenghtinny(m): 2:37am On May 16, 2020
Kazim88:
They also gave them code to buy the Ethiopian airline ticket. Affiliated Marketing . If you, you know.

Nigerian high commission in Canada are Nigerians, what do you expect. Fraud in the system.
The article mentioned the Canadian high commission in Nigeria....

Don’t get it twisted
Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by Nobody: 2:40am On May 16, 2020
isthatso:
An arrest warrant was issued by United States and Canada for the arrest of Allen Onyema. He refused to answer the charges of laundering $25 million dollars. And thinks they will give his airline the rights to land in Canada
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/364889-air-peace-boss-onyema-wanted-in-canada-for-alleged-multimillion-dollar-fraud-in-u-s.html

Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by jaxxy(m): 2:47am On May 16, 2020
tempest01:
Foolish lies.

Lawlessness or politics? Question is why isn’t it registered then? And yet air peace flies to America and everywhere else? Lol
Re: New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada by linearity: 3:17am On May 16, 2020
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

You must be a real niggarrr
They have no flight permit
They have no license to undertake commercial flights to Canada and from Canada

They don’t need all that in case of an emergency evacuation. Canada only need to give Air Peace landing permit and they appear to be playing a political game, if Nigeria Government stands their ground Air Peace will be allowed to do it.

All that Nigeria Government need to do, is to or threaten to deny Ethiopia Airlines landing permits in Nigeria.

Air Peace don’t permit or fly commercial to China, but were given a landing permit for a similar mission.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Welcome To Aba / Helicopter Crashes Into Lagos Lagoon / 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.