Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport (4150 Views)

FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway / FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu / FG Begins Payment Of Oil Marketers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by phantom(m): 10:00am On Jan 15, 2011
utter rubbish, airport in BY of all places.these our leaders just dey do as dem like.
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by KnowAll(m): 10:48am On Jan 15, 2011
There is enough money in Bayelsa than every other states all d politicians do in dat state is to share money. There second past time is travelling to Abuja, Abuja being there favaurite destitation to relax. You would be suprise when d airport starts funtioning there would be people who are prepare to pay for d empty sits in d plane so dat d journey can be made.

You can see according to d article it is a domestic airport with smaller planes landing. It is just a quick air-taxi for d rich from Yenogoa to Abuja, even d short journey to Portharcourt is too tedious for many rich politicians in Bayelsa State.

A friend once told me about an incident dat happened in BY State, he said he went to visit an old friend & acquitance who went to d same Uni with him in d early 90's. He said d guy asked how was London, can he do him a favour by depositing £10,000.00 in his account in London which he answered in d affirmative, he said d guy now gave him an extra £2000.00 for d favours & spending money whilst he was in Nigria. According to my guy the day he visited his friend was a Friday & Yenogua is always dry in d weekend d guy now suggested to my friend they go to port-harcourt dat there was a ready helicopter to take them there, but my friend said dat no thanks dat he brought a car from Port-harcourt dat there was no need for such ostentious way of travelling. When my friend came back to London & told me this story I knew there was just too much money in Bayelsa, so what is an airport if d city have 20 to 30 people who needs to be in Abuja & Port-hacourt just for d evening only to be back in d morning to be with there family.
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by DisGuy: 11:30pm On Feb 01, 2011
This Mr KnowAll sef

you are a veteran cheesy
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by amydonics: 10:05am On Feb 03, 2011
he is also busy blocking peoples post. so critical,
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 03, 2011
Pls alhaji, were is the airport in aba located? Are u in Nigeria or in one dreamland sir. Airports are part of infrastructural dvlpmt and i dnt ve issues with that but jst hp is nt an over inflated contract so as to keep draining d treasury of which im sure dats what its all about.

1 Like

Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by DisGuy: 5:07pm On Feb 03, 2011
He said that there are 22 airports managed by his agency but lamented that only two of them were economically viable while the rest are in poor state and funded by the revenue generated from the two functional airports.

"When I look at the balance sheet, perhaps, only two airports can sustain themselves," Mr Aisegbogun said.

"We have to re-inject funds into the airports or else, they will die over time."

Plans for another international Airport in Abuja
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by gangb(f): 11:12am On Jul 17, 2014
An airport in Yenagoa is needed. I live in Yenagoa, and I can tell you that yenagoa to Port harbour airport is 2hours drive without traffic. We are very Happy that thevairport is being constructed it is good for the growth of the State. Please you people should stop been negative..It is a good thing.

1 Like

Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by Vavavoom(m): 10:10am On Jul 18, 2014
One wonders what it is that go through the mind of the privileged, people entrusted with our commonwealth and expected to make far-reaching decision that will benefit the majority of the populace yet fall short at every turn. It is mind boggling that between Rivers, Bayelsa, Abia, Imo, Delta, Akwaibom and Cross Rivers these Governors are short-sighted not to see the immense benefit of an inter-kinked railway system. Because of bad transport network a good percentage of food produced in country goes to waste! That is enough incentive to drive the process and affect meaningfully the lives of their indigenes. PH to Ibiama on a ''hold-up'' free day is about 45mins - 1 hour from City center. It is more of an ego thing than commerce. I can understand the need for a helipad but an airport in the adjoining states smacks of knowing-not-what-to-do-with money.
There is too much of ''na wa turn syndrome after all dem do like that for them side wen their broda dey rule'' . Unfortunately this attitude has given us less for more all over the nation. The alternative forgone in any such project comparatively would have been best for the people. A serious group of leaders within the various regions in Nigeria can fashion out a long term (16 years - 4 tenures) plan and bridge the distance on cheap railway/light rail transportation. Rice, tomatoes, yam, maize, cassava all serious staples still leave on 911 vehicles from North to South on treacherous road network. We are just short-sighted, greedy and will pay for the folly in the coming years.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osun Election: See Lies PDP /SDP Are Broadcasting On Whatsapp / Most Yorubas Won't Vote Buhari / RUGA: South West Thank You For Aiding The Agenda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.