Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. (75044 Views)

My Mother Wants To Throw Me Into Bankruptcy / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by rolams(m): 4:03pm On May 17, 2020
Kylekent59:
shocked

You are a thief!!!!

You stole your mum's 2k and you still had the guts to post it here.
Why did you play Aja ere with it, stop paying visual with your mum's hard-earned money.

Why are Nairaland moderators allowing f**ls to comment on here self?
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Altrarecords(m): 4:10pm On May 17, 2020
vanida6:
Shey no be u dey steal money why leave nah,,,if u leave dat means u re guilty,,,,infact why will a grown man like u been stayin in dsam place wit ur mum,,,just pay her 2k back nd find anoda place to enjoy ur life dear

Woman stop posting shit.

You think life is that easy? There are millions of people still staying with their parents even in their late 20s to early 30s in this country yet you are telling a 20 year old who only has 19k in his account to leave home.

TERRIBLE ADVICE
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by my2chains(m): 5:04pm On May 17, 2020
samicine:
Greetings one and all. I'll try to make my lamentation as short as possible.

My mother accused me of stealing her 2k, but I assure you, I didn't. The money got missing on Thursday night according to her and my 13 year old brother. I won't do such a thing, because the times are hard and the pandemic is fueling this hard times. I'm not lazy, I kind of work from home, I write for opera news hub and to some extent I get money from there, currently I have 19k in my account. I have no motive of taking her money, but she insists I took it, and is currently threatening to throw me out of the house.

This is not the first time such thing has happened. When I was still in secondary school, money got missing often and she'll blame me, beat me and starve me for stealing her money, but God helped me and the culprit was found, my other brother was caught, he is 18 now and doesn't stay with us anymore. He stays with my dad. She never apologized for what she did and the scars of that emotional and physical abuse still ripples across my body. But this time I'm not sure I will forgive her if the money is found. I'm planning on leaving home and starting my life somewhere, it's hard, it might just be my naivety speaking, but I need your advice.

The only skill I have is writing and web designing, which I'm almost getting good at. I just need help and guidance. I'm a 200level student and I major in psychology. I'll be 21 by November.

op all you need do is to invest on something today so you can be making money from it later,

My dream is just to be a big time rich niggar farmer!
Invest 100k in okro farming today and get 250% in just 4 months!
My2chains farm
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by ylaa(f): 5:18pm On May 17, 2020
First friend? I don't believe you but yes we can be friends.

quote author=PastorFire post=89628036] You seem a nice person. Can you be my first friend from Nairaland please?. [/quote]
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by budaatum: 5:45pm On May 17, 2020
newdawn2017:
That's a lie. Unforgivness doesn't eat u any up. U simply cut such a person off. Do worrying or carrying if they live or die, even if they re dying slowly painfully right B4 ur eyes. undecided
This isn't just any person but his mother, the one who's belly he incubated in. Even after cutting her off she'll retie the cut in future if she wants, and Naija that we are, employ family and friends to help her. That said, you might be talking from experience so I admit your heart might be stronger than most.

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Lindalilian: 5:54pm On May 17, 2020
I once left the house btw 18/19
was accused of stealing 500, I was so down and disappointed that my mum who trust me so much could stoop so low to also claim I stole the money!

out of anger I told mum.. if she repeats the "I stole the money" statement I'll leave the house, like play she repeat am o, naso I gather body leave house with no place to go in particular.

night came I slept at the fuel station, their security guard chased me with cutlass, thank God I wasn't killed.

I ran to the sawmill, on my way I saw my mum outside crying... "it serves her right" btw dad isn't home he's at work, I slept in an empty shop at the sawmill, unfortunately village people in form of cats and mosquitoes wont allow me sleep, I managed till 5am and I stood up, damn I was dirty as pig.

I head over to jibowu... na to leg am go village o, I decided to tell someone where I was going to, security won't allow me enter presbitarian church Yaba to meet my uncle and narrate what happened to them and also tell them my destination cos I was so damn dirty.

Las Las uncle come out when they see that iwnasnt ready to leave, he took me in, I ate, bath but no cloth to change to, I told him what happened and he called my dad, dad asked me to go home.... uncle knows I won't go home so he took me joke him self, no body de house.

uncle left, mum came back and carry me to the police station.... lol, she said I ran away from home she not tell police why I comot o.

polic man begin para, i told him it's family matter moreover, I knew he had collected money from my mum for his pockets bla bla bla I threatened to report to higher officers, police man say make my mama carry me go house say he no no where I get my constitutional quotes from ��

mum was floored, she was expecting the police to lock me up and torture me, but as an art student I Sabi govt and constitution.

to cut the story short.

the culprit was found... na the girl wey them bring come from village, the same girl that carried my daddy salary, sister's friend pause, stole two phones belonging to my mum customers, this is a girl in primary 4, she was even dating an old carpenter in thr neighborhood, she was planning to run to ogun state when we carried her to the village.

mum never said sorry! my mum always find it difficult to say sorry... but she can buy things for you as sorry.

Op! the long and short of the story is that, things like this would always happen, take it that it happened for a reason and tht at the end the name of God shall be glorified!!!

be steadfast, you can't cope out there the economy is harsh! staying with friends is out of it as most live recklessly except maybe you wanna go stay with your family member or consider going to your dad if you can't out up with mum or simply go back to sch and stay in ya lodge if you don't stay in sch hostel!

My 10k adv. stay put! and show your mum that her threat is nothing, let the only tin that will carry you out of that house be success!!!

Shiloh!

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Semaj77(m): 6:02pm On May 17, 2020
vanida6:
Shey no be u dey steal money why leave nah,,,if u leave dat means u re guilty,,,,infact why will a grown man like u been stayin in dsam place wit ur mum,,,just pay her 2k back nd find anoda place to enjoy ur life dear

Leaving is not an admission of guilt
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Semaj77(m): 6:09pm On May 17, 2020
Ishilove:
Samicine, be patient. No parent is perfect and some have them even worse than you. Manage the woman like that until you can stand on your feet because where do you want to go to with 19k? Is that for tfare or recharge card?

Humble yourself, swallow the crap and use it to build emotional muscle for the task ahead which will be coming up in a couple of years.

I agree to a large extent with what you wrote but staying longer may make him develop a resentment towards his later on in life , I'll suggest he moves to his dad's or an uncle/aunt
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 17, 2020
valemtech:

Bros at 20 I was already a graduate and doing my Nysc,You have lived with your mum for 20yrs u should know her better than us,more soo they must be a reason she is always pointing accusation finger on you when things get missing,pray and work .

Did u sponsor urself through school at that age? If no, park well.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Zzyy(m): 6:35pm On May 17, 2020
vanida6:

You are such a fool, dumb ass
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 17, 2020
samicine:
Greetings one and all. I'll try to make my lamentation as short as possible.

My mother accused me of stealing her 2k, but I assure you, I didn't. The money got missing on Thursday night according to her and my 13 year old brother. I won't do such a thing, because the times are hard and the pandemic is fueling this hard times. I'm not lazy, I kind of work from home, I write for opera news hub and to some extent I get money from there, currently I have 19k in my account. I have no motive of taking her money, but she insists I took it, and is currently threatening to throw me out of the house.

This is not the first time such thing has happened. When I was still in secondary school, money got missing often and she'll blame me, beat me and starve me for stealing her money, but God helped me and the culprit was found, my other brother was caught, he is 18 now and doesn't stay with us anymore. He stays with my dad. She never apologized for what she did and the scars of that emotional and physical abuse still ripples across my body. But this time I'm not sure I will forgive her if the money is found. I'm planning on leaving home and starting my life somewhere, it's hard, it might just be my naivety speaking, but I need your advice.

The only skill I have is writing and web designing, which I'm almost getting good at. I just need help and guidance. I'm a 200level student and I major in psychology. I'll be 21 by November.

You write so well. Congrats in advance to better writing opportunities.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by tomzyELNINO: 7:38pm On May 17, 2020
Go stay with ur dad
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Resolute5ter: 7:56pm On May 17, 2020
so dear,
itz a major issue in homes today,
most of us are victims(sadly i am among).
yours even better u gat wht u make cash from.
*To your mum ,most times it could be emotional anger or pride which she most find it herculean to suppress and admit being sorry.
its anger u knw,.
to me she do understands you.
*Stay home with her,she needs you
dont mind those saying they left home at 19 others 21.
*its a choice and smthimes it depends,it may even be coz they are rude.
SO DEAR STAY WITH YOUR MUM.
bringing outsiders to the motion might worsen emotions.
Take Care
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Hisxlency01: 8:32pm On May 17, 2020
Guy no go anywhere, it is harsh out there you can change environment by visiting your Dad or other relations but dont leave completely it is very harsh out there. secondly remember she gave you life try to forgive her and move on, you will be fine
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Ishilove: 8:42pm On May 17, 2020
Semaj77:

I agree to a large extent with what you wrote but staying longer may make him develop a resentment towards her later on in life , I'll suggest he moves to his dad's or an uncle/aunt
And what if that is jumping from fry pan to fire? We don't know his relationship with extended family members.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 17, 2020
Ningen:
Harsher reality awaits out there.
If you want to fly, grow wings first.

You've 2 or 3 years to graduation.
Stay put, cope and get your degree.

Spread your wings & fly out during your NYSC.

Exactly my opinion too
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Coolgent(m): 10:52pm On May 17, 2020
Davash222:
Let her threats always be a motivation for you to get your own apartment so you can move out.

These are one of the techniques African mothers use to ostracize the spirit of laziness in their sons. No too reason am.

God bless all mothers.
I can testify to that!
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by newdawn2017(f): 11:19pm On May 17, 2020
budaatum:

This isn't just any person but his mother, the one who's belly he incubated in. Even after cutting her off she'll retie the cut in future if she wants, and Naija that we are, employ family and friends to help her. That said, you might be talking from experience so I admit your heart might be stronger than most.
Don't Kid urself! retie which knot?? Narcissists can never give closure, they can never validate d pains they caused caused emotionally, mentally & psychologically. They will rather claim d victim. Do u know what it is to loose urself esteem & feel small all d time, do u know what it is to not Know what love & respect re?? Nurturing instincts form a mother is as old as time, every mother has it in them to love unconditionally & consistently carter to, protect & validate d feelings of their child. Except such a parent is a narcissist. D boy owes his toxic b**ch of a mother nothing, undecided it was her choice to be dsexthat made him, it was her choice to keep d pregnancy, it was her responsibility she was doing when nursing him at infancy. What she is sowing with dis boy,she must surely reap. Toxic is toxic. It's even very damaging cos it comes from a trusted loved one as she.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by BlindedIrony(m): 12:36am On May 18, 2020
samicine:
I've gone through the whole thread, and read every single comment, and the predominant one which is " stay with your mother".

I've made up my mind to stay though .
I'm not trying to make my mother the villain in a seemingly sob story to seek validation from strangers. like I said, I did not take my mother's money. I've told her I work and she knows I have such money in my account because I told her I'm saving up for a computer to continue what I've been doing, she knows and she told me its a good idea. But her sudden change is freakishly scary. maybe she thinks I stole her money to add to the one I have to get a computer. I don't really know. But before the missing money, she knows of my plans.

I just needed advice and guidance, because I'm impulsive and sometimes my emotions get the better of me. I won't form hard man, hard man.

some people accused me of being a thief, some accused me of being stingy and not humble. In all, I'll say thank you and to the ones that gave reasonable advice. I value it. still, Thank you.

and to the ones who didn't understand the post, please do read again and I hope you grasp this time around.

It is your decision. Everything said here was quite subjective. You have always known this. You just posted this to make you feel better. At the end, you are the only that know your conditions, strengths and weaknesses. This is because you knew there was no way you would leave your comfort zone. This is probably not the first time this kind of incident has happened. And, it is not going to be the last time.
However, it is better to contribute monthly to your family living expenses if you are going to live with your mother. It will increase her respect for you. She certainly not accuse you again. This is because it will prove to her that you can kinda support yourself; and, you do not need her money. Let us know how it goes in a few months.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by budaatum: 12:37am On May 18, 2020
newdawn2017:
Don't Kid urself! retie which knot?? Narcissists can never give closure, they can never validate d pains they caused caused emotionally, mentally & psychologically. They will rather claim d victim. Do u know what it is to loose urself esteem & feel small all d time, do u know what it is to not Know what love & respect re?? Nurturing instincts form a mother is as old as time, every mother has it in them to love unconditionally & consistently carter to, protect & validate d feelings of their child. Except such a parent is a narcissist. D boy owes his toxic b**ch of a mother nothing, undecided it was her choice to be dsexthat made him, it was her choice to keep d pregnancy, it was her responsibility she was doing when nursing him at infancy. What she is sowing with dis boy,she must surely reap. Toxic is toxic. It's even very damaging cos it comes from a trusted loved one as she.
Its precisely that narcissism that would make her keep returning to his life, is my point. And its not his duty to make her reap what she sows.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by newdawn2017(f): 12:45am On May 18, 2020
budaatum:

Its precisely that narcissism that would make her keep returning to his life, is my point. And its not his duty to make her reap what she sows.
if he keeps allowing her back into his life, na him Sabi. Cutting her off completely is 1 of d fruits she has sown naa lol. Cos he can't keep allowing her to effect further damage on his emotional, & mental well-being.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by budaatum: 12:48am On May 18, 2020
newdawn2017:
if he keeps allowing her back into his life, na him Sabi. Cutting her off completely is 1 of d fruits she has sown naa lol. Cos he can't keep allowing her to effect further damage on his emotional, & mental well-being.
I hope he finds a way to deal with any damage she may cause because she will keep coming back into his life some way or the other.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Telsa(m): 8:24am On May 18, 2020
Ningen:
Harsher reality awaits out there.
If you want to fly, grow wings first.

You've 2 or 3 years to graduation.
Stay put, cope and get your degree.

Spread your wings & fly out during your NYSC.
It's like you are making a lot of sense. Yes, NYSC period can be a perfect time to fly.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Telsa(m): 8:30am On May 18, 2020
vanida6:
He is not too old to stay in the same place with his mother.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by newdawn2017(f): 8:46am On May 18, 2020
budaatum:

I hope he finds a way to deal with any damage she may cause because she will keep coming back into his life some way or the other.
My dear d only way to get away from a Narcissist is to leave his/her play ground. Go completely greyrock. Complete cutting off. That's how to heal from such damages done by them. Stop seeking healing from d person who broke u, undecided
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Dr7Manhattan: 1:11pm On May 18, 2020
Davash222:

There's nothing sad here. It happens in most average families.
Doesn't matter
It's definitely not a happy case
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by PastorFire: 1:22pm On May 18, 2020
ylaa:
First friend? I don't believe you but yes we can be friends.

quote author=PastorFire post=89628036] You seem a nice person. Can you be my first friend from Nairaland please?.
I don't lie..How do i chat you up aside Nairaland which apparently is a faceless forum?.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by KenBen217: 6:05pm On May 18, 2020
omonnakoda:
bros I don't know you but I must say this you must be a very judgmental person. Do you live in Nigeria?

Do you think most Nigerians are OK in their heads?especially women?They are not.....
Emotional distress?
That is the smallest distress affecting Nigerians
How many countries in the world practice One chance on each other or steal pants for money rituals.

Trust me Nigerians are not OK in the head. They have no one to tell them
so oga didn't you end up supporting me
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Beolly(m): 10:22pm On May 18, 2020
Kylekent59:
shocked

You are a thief!!!!

You stole your mum's 2k and you still had the guts to post it here.
Why did you play Aja ere with it, stop paying visual with your mum's hard-earned money.

You are a fo*l
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by StubbornGENIUS: 4:56pm On May 19, 2020
kurlz:

Not might, he definitely will. Or even is.
That's why he's talking to us I tell you. Lying on someone is not easy especially when done by a loved one.
Are you in a happy and healthy romantic relationship?
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by kurlz(f): 5:45pm On May 19, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:

Why did you ask?
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by kurlz(f): 5:48pm On May 19, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:

Why did your ask?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Pregnant Women Craving For Weird Things / When Does A Woman Conceive? / Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.