Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,603 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Do Nice Guys Finish Last? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Nice Guys Finish Last? (1249 Views)

"Black Guys Finish Last" / Why Do Nice Guys Always Get Treated Badly? / Why Do 'Nice' Ladies Get Dumped Easily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by megletters: 10:03am On Jan 15, 2011
Hello everyone, I have an open question. Honestly, do nice guys finish last?

I had a friend once & she told me that the current boyfriend in her life was not really supposed to be 'the one'.
You see, what happened was she had like two 'toasters' at the same time. The first was a cool, gentle, quiet guy who'd rather watch and study her for a while, deciding to pick one right time and moment to tell her how he felt about her, indulging in buying her roses, chocolates & what have you, sharing jokes with her. But ma guy who came second was louder, more 'whats-up' kinda guy & perhaps bolder. He quickly took his chance and asked her out on a proper date & before we knew it, a relationship blossomed. This no.1 guy has now slackened to the background.

I am wondering, do nice guys really finish last?
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by harakiri(m): 12:50pm On Jan 15, 2011
@Post

Unfortunately, in this cold world of ours. . .YES! ! ! Nice guys always finish last whether in relationships,business and other aspects of life. I used to be a Mr Nice guy in the past and i know what i lost or suffered during that time. When i made a drastic change in my dealings with humans, i can tell you right now that i look back at my past life and ask myself "WHAT DA PHUCK WERE YOU THINKING BACK THEN".
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Atreides(f): 1:33pm On Jan 15, 2011
No they do not,at least not in the long run. See the thing is,bad boys are exciting,unpredictable and fun,whereas nice guys are steady,solid and dependable. Bad boys are boyfriend material but nice guys are husband material. So we'll date bad boys just to have fun but when we want to settle down,we'll go for Mr. Nice guy. At least i would.
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by GoodBoi1(m): 1:54pm On Jan 15, 2011
Not just last but best. These guys prefer relationships one-shot.
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Jenifa1: 1:57pm On Jan 15, 2011
depends.
same with girls. the bad girls seem to get carried to the alter first while the good virgin girls are still 30 and unmarried. lol

you can be nice but it's good to be smart at the same time.
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by seedord247(m): 2:06pm On Jan 15, 2011
Even the so call preachers (Imam, Pastor, Babalawo, Priest) Never pray to marry such nice Guy or lady, cus they always find them boring, they need somebody that played La liga, Premiership, Seria A, Bundesliga that can take them to champion League.
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by justwise(m): 2:25pm On Jan 15, 2011
megletters:

Hello everyone, I have an open question. Honestly, do nice guys finish last?
I had a friend once & she told me that the current boyfriend in her life was not really supposed to be 'the one'.
You see, what happened was she had like two 'toasters' at the same time. The first was a cool, gentle, quiet guy who'd rather watch and study her for a while, deciding to pick one right time and moment to tell her how he felt about her, indulging in buying her roses, chocolates & what have you, sharing jokes with her. But ma guy who came second was louder, more 'whats-up' kinda guy & perhaps bolder. He quickly took his chance and asked her out on a proper date & before we knew it, a relationship blossomed. This no.1 guy has now slackened to the background.
I am wondering, do nice guys really finish last?

They do, women start looking for 'nice guy' when they have been used by 'bad guy', the nice guy pick up the pieces. Sad but true
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 15, 2011
Atreides:

No they do not,at least not in the long run. See the thing is,bad boys are exciting,unpredictable and fun,whereas nice guys are steady,solid and dependable. Bad boys are boyfriend material but nice guys are husband material. So we'll date bad boys just to have fun but when we want to settle down,we'll go for Mr. Nice guy. At least i would.

*shakes head in pity for nice guys*

That means nice guys DO finish last. Bad boys milk the juicy cow at its prime and do away with it when it whithers, while nice guys get to keep the withered cow for life. . .in other words bad guys enjoy the main meal while it is still hot and fresh, while nice guys have to wait for the cold and tasteless left-overs. What a sad, sad existence.
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by megletters: 2:39pm On Jan 15, 2011
Thanks, a lots. At least now I know one or two things.
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by GoodBoi1(m): 3:35pm On Jan 15, 2011
pro01:

*shakes head in pity for nice guys*

That means nice guys DO finish last. Bad boys milk the juicy cow at its prime and do away with it when it whithers, while nice guys get to keep the withered cow for life. . .in other words bad guys enjoy the main meal while it is still hot and fresh, while nice guys have to wait for the cold and tasteless left-overs. What a sad, sad existence.
Your post portrays women as 'meat', sex objects. Are you insinuating that all girls are rotten? Hope u don't see them that way.
Real guys and girls who know what they want, go for it; not jump around aimlessly. Don't think it's is all about the 'meal' 'cos many regret their past actions. By the way, don't nice girls meet nice guys?
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Jenifa1: 4:21pm On Jan 15, 2011
justwise:

They do, women start looking for 'nice guy' when they have been used by 'bad guy', the nice guy pick up the pieces. Sad but true

hahha u mean they cry on the shoulders of the "nice guy" and move on to the next "bad guy" to repeat their mistake?  tongue i'm joking
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

hahha u mean they cry on the shoulders of the "nice guy" and move on to the next "bad guy" to repeat their mistake?  tongue i'm joking
Unfortunately, this is exactly right. It's no joke.
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by justwise(m): 5:03pm On Jan 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

hahha u mean they cry on the shoulders of the "nice guy" and move on to the next "bad guy" to repeat their mistake? tongue i'm joking

You maybe joking but its true
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Jenifa1: 5:15pm On Jan 15, 2011
^yea i know it's true. i just didn't want to hurt any feelings. but i'm glad u know the reality. lollol cheesy
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 15, 2011
Nice guys do finish last. What we should be doing is not encouraging our little sisters to date nice slackers but rather focusing on making our little brothers wisen up
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by iice(f): 10:50am On Jan 16, 2011
There is a difference between a nice guy and a doormat.
A procrastinator and a go-getter.

Anyway, depends on what you call nice.
I like bad boys and some of them are nice.
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Canisma(m): 2:21pm On Jan 16, 2011
What girls call bad guys are not really bad guys. They are only guys that seem to balance nature. Nature abhors extremity. One must not be all nice and also, one must not be all bad. If u can balance the two extremes, then u can be the toast of girls. Seem tough, look tough, be tough but mild. Thats what girls call bad guys, but they are only REAL MEN.
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Phate07(m): 3:04pm On Jan 16, 2011

Most times they do. undecided

Cocky and confident guys always have the best of the girls. wink
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 16, 2011
Maybe someone needs to clearly define 'nice guy' and 'bad guy'. Seems we're not quite sure. I don't think nice/bad guy has much to do with one's temperament or 'tough' looks or attitude and whatnot. Guess its more about the deeds, self-confidence/control, and emotional finesse or lack of it that makes one either one or the other.

E.g. Being 'needy' is something most nice guys do. Another is 'respecting' the girl's opinions too much (instead of ripping her bra apart and doing the needful when the time is right, you'd be waiting for her 'approval' before you enter the place, an approval that would never come - unless you're P.Diddy. just an example), and also over-begging her, over-pampering her, and over-spending on her when she's done nothing to deserve those, or being too predictable in the way you do any of these things. I don't think being cool, calm and gentle-mannered (outwardly at least) necessarily makes you a 'nice guy' in this sense (I'm quite cool and dignified in deportment but definitely not a 'nice guy' with the ladies). I also don't suppose that being a ruff-neck or loud-mouthed and violent miscreant makes you a 'bad-guy' with the ladies. Or maybe I'm wrong, let the girls define these terms for us. Maybe I'd have to develop a gruffy voice and learn to break peoples' heads wherever I go in order to be seen as a 'bad guy' and hence more attractive to womankind? Lol.
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Mygoldie(f): 5:11pm On Jan 16, 2011
@OP, Yes they do. ''from back'' undecided
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 16, 2011
pro01:

Maybe someone needs to clearly define 'nice guy' and 'bad guy'. Seems we're not quite sure. I don't think nice/bad guy has much to do with one's temperament or 'tough' looks or attitude and whatnot. Guess its more about the deeds, self-confidence/control, and emotional finesse or lack of it that makes one either one or the other.

E.g. Being 'needy' is something most nice guys do. Another is 'respecting' the girl's opinions too much (instead of ripping her bra apart and doing the needful when the time is right, you'd be waiting for her 'approval' before you enter the place, an approval that would never come - unless you're P.Diddy. just an example), and also over-begging her, over-pampering her, and over-spending on her when she's done nothing to deserve those, or being too predictable in the way you do any of these things. I don't think being cool, calm and gentle-mannered (outwardly at least) necessarily makes you a 'nice guy' in this sense (I'm quite cool and dignified in deportment but definitely not a 'nice guy' with the ladies). I also don't suppose that being a ruff-neck or loud-mouthed and violent miscreant makes you a 'bad-guy' with the ladies. Or maybe I'm wrong, let the girls define these terms for us. Maybe I'd have to develop a gruffy voice and learn to break peoples' heads wherever I go in order to be seen as a 'bad guy' and hence more attractive to womankind? Lol.

You are right. I've never been a nice guy. They say I don't laugh,u a stingy and I know what that means. I do and say things many guys don't. Again those are exactly what the ladies want.I remember someone telling me his uncle told him why he hasn't found a wife.You say the true.
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 16, 2011
I do play play nice and gentle thou i dont get what i want instantly inorder to win her heart. Time don't matters to me
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by safarigirl(f): 9:48pm On Jan 16, 2011
LET,S ALL BE REALISTIC HERE, NO WOMAN WANTS A GUY WHO CAN'T BE STRAIGHT FORWARD BOUT HIS FEELINGS, THEY DON'T HAVE TIME TO WAIT ON YOU. SO IT,S SADLY TRUE THAT NICE GUYS [b][/b]MOST OF THE TIME FINISH LAST,
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by LordReed(m): 3:17am On Jan 17, 2011
I would describe myself as nice but I've neva had any problem wit ladies so am gonna make this up as stereotyping besides iice said it theres a difference btw go-getting n procrastination n neither is preconditioned on your disposition.
@Atreides
Which badboy b dat?! Make I catch am na Whiskey (D rabid 1) go bite e yansh finish!
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Nobody: 5:42am On Jan 17, 2011
@topic: Not always. However there is a difference btn a victim who was used and a self centered douche bag who feels sorry for himself when he is the perp.  tongue
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by MrCork17: 2:06pm On Jan 17, 2011
Mr Cork <<<<nice guy wink
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Atreides(f): 4:07pm On Jan 17, 2011
Lord_Reed:

I would describe myself as nice but I've neva had any problem wit ladies so am gonna make this up as stereotyping besides iice said it theres a difference btw go-getting n procrastination n neither is preconditioned on your disposition.
@Atreides
Which badboy b dat?! Make I catch am na Whiskey (D rabid 1) go bite e yansh finish!
Looool. . Reed,there's no badboy oh. . I was only speaking hypothetically. . grin grin grin Erm how is Whiskey? Please give him a big,juicy bone with love from me grin grin
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Wumine(f): 1:18am On Jan 18, 2011
Most of the time, Yes!
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by playette4u: 1:46am On Jan 18, 2011
Genuinely nice guys never finish last because the are for life,whereas the simped out womanliness hounds will always finish last,most defo tongue

(1) (Reply)

How To Win A Girls Heart / After The Wedding Vows Comes The Mansion / What Turns You On And Off In Nigerian Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.