Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,727 members, 7,827,642 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

At What Age or Time Should An Adult Leave Their Parents' House? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age or Time Should An Adult Leave Their Parents' House? (880 Views)

Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? / What Is The Right Age Or Time To Get Life Entirely Figured Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age or Time Should An Adult Leave Their Parents' House? by Mannnn(m): 8:46pm On May 16, 2020
There comes a time in the life of a child when they have to leave their parents’ home and seek their own path. Many people believe that this should be done when a child is old enough and some do believe when a child has gotten a job

I understand it might not be the same age for both males and females, specifically for the male child, at what age or time do you really think is right for a male child to leave his parents' house ?
Re: At What Age or Time Should An Adult Leave Their Parents' House? by FlordFlorez(m): 8:50pm On May 16, 2020
I think after NYSC. One with sense will save part of their (i dnt want to use 'he or she') alawee to start life before securing job.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age or Time Should An Adult Leave Their Parents' House? by Mannnn(m): 8:50pm On May 16, 2020
Lalasticlala seun please this should be moved to the front page thank you
Re: At What Age or Time Should An Adult Leave Their Parents' House? by paqman: 8:53pm On May 16, 2020
Let me wait for the prof in the house
Re: At What Age or Time Should An Adult Leave Their Parents' House? by donbachi(m): 8:54pm On May 16, 2020
When financially matured
Re: At What Age or Time Should An Adult Leave Their Parents' House? by yomi007k(m): 8:57pm On May 16, 2020
FlordFlorez:
I think after NYSC. One with sense will save part of their (i dnt want to use 'he or she') alawee to start life before securing job.

Ahh...I know guys that still remain irresponsible after NYSC.

The main issue is not leaving your parents house but leading a responsible and productive life thereafter.

Personally, I think THE AGE OF INDEPENDENCE is the right age to leave your parents house and that includes financial,emotional, mental,physical ,spiritual independence.
If you leave your family care and you cant take care of your food , health, environment, occupation etc or constantly have problems with neighours or security agents then I suggest the person stay and learn the parts of the lectures he missed rather than become a menace to the society.

3 Likes

Re: At What Age or Time Should An Adult Leave Their Parents' House? by RoyalBlu(f): 9:02pm On May 16, 2020
As soon as he can legit fend for 'himself'.

And have sense as well cheesy
Re: At What Age or Time Should An Adult Leave Their Parents' House? by SUPERPACK: 9:04pm On May 16, 2020
yomi007k:

The main issue is not leaving your parents house but leading a responsible and productive life thereafter.

Personally, I think THE AGE OF INDEPENDENCE is the right age to leave your parents house and that includes financial,emotional, mental,physical ,spiritual independence.
If you leave your family care and you cant take care of your food , health, environment, occupation etc or constantly have problems with neighours or security agents thwn I suggest the person stay and learn the parts of thw lectures he missed rather than become a menace to the society.
10 bottles for you.

4 Likes

Re: At What Age or Time Should An Adult Leave Their Parents' House? by GboyegaD(m): 9:08pm On May 16, 2020
When you find it most appropriate. It has nothing to do with age but at some point too, age might matter.

1 Like

Re: At What Age or Time Should An Adult Leave Their Parents' House? by Ybaby: 9:16pm On May 16, 2020
Boys
Moves to Boys quarter by age 16 - 18 then outside the house by 21 - whether he has a job or not - he needs to fend for himself and strengthen his spine.

Girls
22 or 23 once she has a good job - lives alone or with friends for a year or thereabout before getting married.

Depends on how good a job the parent has done to bring up a full fledged all rounded adult.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age or Time Should An Adult Leave Their Parents' House? by Humanoid01(m): 9:16pm On May 16, 2020
yomi007k:

If you leave your family care and you cant take care of your food , health, environment, occupation etc or constantly have problems with neighours or security agents thwn I suggest the person stay and learn the parts of thw lectures he missed rather than become a menace to the society.
Person wey sabi something na im you be. Bros, I throway salute for you!
Re: At What Age or Time Should An Adult Leave Their Parents' House? by tasceige(m): 9:16pm On May 16, 2020
Ideally for me,
I believe it should be whatever age you finish your degree and after service year.
Re: At What Age or Time Should An Adult Leave Their Parents' House? by tasceige(m): 9:19pm On May 16, 2020
RoyalBlu:
As soon as he can legit fend for 'himself'.

And have sense as well cheesy

What happens in the case of a "she"
Re: At What Age or Time Should An Adult Leave Their Parents' House? by phorget(m): 9:27pm On May 16, 2020
FlordFlorez:

The one wey no go school nko?
Abi dem self dey do nysc? undecided
Re: At What Age or Time Should An Adult Leave Their Parents' House? by phorget(m): 9:31pm On May 16, 2020
Mannnn:
There comes a time in the life of a child when they have to leave their parents’ home and seek their own path. Many people believe that this should be done when a child is old enough and some do believe when a child has gotten a job

I understand it might not be the same age for both males and females, specifically for the male child, at what age or time do you really think is right for a male child to leave his parents' house ?

As soon as he/she is no more feeling comfortable staying with the parents.
The truth is that some people need to learn in a hard way. If street no pay u fit come back ur papa hauze,nobody dey pursue anybody.
Re: At What Age or Time Should An Adult Leave Their Parents' House? by DontBullshitMe: 9:33pm On May 16, 2020
Africans and their obsession of leaving parents' house that eventually becomes empty or thoroughly become mismanaged by tenants/occupants/agents.

Shelter is shelter.
Re: At What Age or Time Should An Adult Leave Their Parents' House? by Donald3d(m): 9:35pm On May 16, 2020
As early as possible
Re: At What Age or Time Should An Adult Leave Their Parents' House? by RoyalBlu(f): 9:49pm On May 16, 2020
tasceige:

What happens in the case of a "she"

Should be when she's physically, mentally and emotionally matured. Say as from 20yo...

And have the legit means of taking care of herself.

*This table is fragile tho*
Re: At What Age or Time Should An Adult Leave Their Parents' House? by tasceige(m): 10:41pm On May 16, 2020
RoyalBlu:

Should be when she's physically, mentally and emotionally matured. Say as from 20yo...

And have the legit means of taking care of herself.

*This table is fragile tho*

Very very grin
Cheers
Re: At What Age or Time Should An Adult Leave Their Parents' House? by yomi007k(m): 11:13pm On May 16, 2020
SUPERPACK:
10 bottles for you.
grin
U wan kill me...lol
Re: At What Age or Time Should An Adult Leave Their Parents' House? by yomi007k(m): 11:17pm On May 16, 2020
Humanoid01:

Person wey sabi something na im you be. Bros, I throway salute for you!
Yes boss wink
Re: At What Age or Time Should An Adult Leave Their Parents' House? by FlordFlorez(m): 11:41pm On May 16, 2020
phorget:

The one wey no go school nko?
Abi dem self dey do nysc? undecided
i no know about that o but i think when they have their own business or handwork.
Re: At What Age or Time Should An Adult Leave Their Parents' House? by dauntless15(m): 11:42pm On May 16, 2020
When you have a stable and consistent source of income that won't dry up miraculously, because there's no turning back if you take the leap, if things go south you'll chop shit alone, wether you like it or not, it's one of the biggest decision in life, be sure of a safe landing before leaping, don't let talk and pressure push you to carry a load you can't carry for long.

1 Like

Re: At What Age or Time Should An Adult Leave Their Parents' House? by FlordFlorez(m): 11:43pm On May 16, 2020
yomi007k:

If you leave your family care and you cant take care of your food , health, environment, occupation etc or constantly have problems with neighours or security agents then I suggest the person stay and learn the parts of the lectures he missed rather than become a menace to the society.
u are correct sir.

(1) (Reply)

She Left Me And Our 2 Kids / Flat Mate Needed In Lekki Axis / How Do I Stop Caring About What People Think Or Say About Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.